Curio - A Collection by Hilton Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Best place I have ever worked
Banquet, Server (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, FLApril 19, 2018
I learned alot there, so much room for growth and development. its a process and a blessing to be able to grow and learn within the company. You can transfer after 6 months of being in a current posititon.
Pros
free lunches, great environment
Cons
n/a
A come up?
Barista (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALMarch 4, 2018
I worked as a barista. Hours are anywhere from 5 am to 12 midnight. Management is okay, but they will get rid of you if you know too much. The kitchen management and banquet management was the better out of all the management. The hardest part of the job is the fact that there is not a lot of business that has occurred and your hours will be cut.Most enjoyable was being able to enroll in the HIlton honors program.
Pros
Hitlon Honors
Good working environment
Intern (Former Employee) –  94 West Wharf Rd., Madison, Ct, USA, 06443March 1, 2018
Working in Madison Beach Hotel will make you a better person and you can learn a lot of things. The people that you work with are all outstanding. They give the best service to everyone.
Important new things to learn
Housekeeping Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, FLFebruary 1, 2018
Worked as a Dispatch, Supervisor and MOD at the Housekeeping Departments.

Learn different aspects on the Department.

As a dispatch assigned rooms to Room Attendants and floors to the House Attendants.

Check all the requirements of guests.

As a Supervisor, check rooms according with the guests expectations.

Assist any guest requirement or complaint.

As a MOD, guide the team.
Up and coming Operation
Sous Chef/Kitchen Manager (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYJanuary 25, 2018
Property is going under major renovations to utilize Food & Beverage Outlet as a business driver. Using many local products focusing on casual fine dining.
Fast Paced, Constantly Moving, Must be on your "A" game
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Coronado, CAJanuary 17, 2018
There are so many locations to work at within this Hotel. I worked out on the Sundeck bartending all summer and can really say I enjoyed myself thoroughly. I was maybe 100 yards from the beach, sun always shining, fun fast paced work environment, but if you can't handle pressure and constant moving, this isn't the place for you. Working at this Hotel, you must be able to perform, if you can't don't bother. I wish I could have stayed, unfortunately my position was seasonal. The pay was great, you work with so many people and every one was pretty nice.
Pros
Free meal, Union, good pay
Cons
Long hours, pressure to work all the time, constantly changing schedule, little room for advancement
Great and considerate high level of professionalism, expertise with great customer service and family atmosphere.
City Bus Operator (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJanuary 10, 2018
This is one great company anyway you look at or approach the subject. The company takes great care to meet the needs of the customers/citizens of the state. In doing so they strive to meet the needs of it's employees. Great company with Union representation and Benefits. Can't say enough good about it.
Pros
Considerate company
Cons
Considerate company
Great historical landmark
Loss Prevention Agent (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJanuary 5, 2018
Great company that allows you too meet people from all over the world, helping their traveling experience become a home away from home for the arriving and guest checking out. I learned too patients is vulture, and the things we wont in this world we have too stand firm and tall for. New way of communicating, new way of thinking, can and will provide new results.
Pros
networking.
Cons
complaining never fixed anything
Productive place too work good vibes
Dishwasher/Expo (Former Employee) –  La Jolla, CADecember 13, 2017
Deliverying flowers from Carlsbad too Barstow , too palm desert was nice but the min reason why I stopped working their is the business relocated too Arizona ..
Great Place needs work
EXECUTIVE CHEF (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLOctober 17, 2017
Great place however it needs a lot of work done to it to make it what it really should be the Hurricane messed it up and needs some major fixes. overall not bad.
Ordinary day in the workplace
Guest Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Augusta, GAOctober 6, 2017
I normally work the AM Shift, which consist of me checking out guest. Listening to guest concerns and complaints. I also through out the day make reservation. I have learn how to put my feelings aside while at work. To wear comfortable shoes and to just take everything with a gain of salt. In the hotel business you never know you may meet. Happy, sad, angry, or all the above. What I love the most about my job is the smiling faces that walk through the door. Some guest just come in the door very pleasant and are there to have a good time.
Pros
I am fortuante to be the prefered AM GSA that the Partridge Inn
Cons
Since this an old property, all sorts of things go wrong in 1 day.
A good job to have while in school
Banquet Captain (Former Employee) –  Chapel Hill, NCOctober 5, 2017
I had this job while attending UNC and they were great in being flexible and understanding and I still keep in touch with many of my old coworkers today. It does however get frustrating at times and therefore requires someone to have a good attitude at all times.
ok place to work
Maintenace engineer class 2 (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDSeptember 21, 2017
OK place to work bad management.. owner and ceo are very nice.................................................................................................. team members are cool...my job was easy... but very short on staff.. lack of communication with management...
Very beautiful workplace
FRONT DESK REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOSeptember 20, 2017
Unarguably the most beautiful place I've ever worked in the middle of a beautiful downtown of Kansas City. National historic hotel. Turnover rate is very high with quits and no shows. Management not very consistent.
Pros
CEO come often, Accepting Tips, Hilton Discounts, Connections for free events, Downtown discounts
Cons
Insurance not good, Understaffed
Good Place to work
Executive Sales Administrator (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIAugust 21, 2017
Nice place to work. Strong longevity in the existing management team. Very little guidance and training on specific aspects of a position that are specific to the job.
Pros
good company culture
Cons
no room for advancment
Wonderful Company to work for!!
Lead Bartender (Current Employee) –  Hollywood, FLAugust 16, 2016
The Diplomat is a beautiful property to work for with outstanding standards for employees and service culture. I enjoy working for their Events Department.
High turnover
Server (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GAJune 13, 2016
Company doesn't seem to value people as are always letting them go or people walk away because they ask too much for what they're paying. Scheduling is last minute and requests off are often forgotten.
Pros
Higher than average tipped wage pay
Cons
Limited benefits
Productive and great workplace with great coworkers
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIFebruary 11, 2016
It is a great work environment with many learning opportunities as well as many opportunities to move up in the workplace.
Pros
employees, environment
Cons
wage