Curio Wellness

Working at Curio Wellness: 30 Reviews

United States30 reviews

companyjobworkpeoplemanagementgooddiscountindustry

Fun industry, bad company

All of upper management (especially HR) is very fake and will lie to your face about important things like raises, bonuses and benefit information. They exploit good workers while praising the bad ones. They follow incorrect growing processes and management couldn’t care less. Just overall not a good company.

Eh

Lots of things dished it by corporate without consideration of employees. A lot of "matter of fact" changes and it's very weird. Things that should be up to corporate are left up to managers and it's very backwards

Curio Wellness insights

Areas for improvement
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Sense of belonging

New to the Field of Cannabis

Having worked in several small companies in quasi-related industries over the years, I know what it's like to be in a startup and to go through growing pains. Curio is no exception. The question is: are they positioned well to address growth in the ever-changing world of cannabis? I think yes. They have seasoned yet progressive professionals in the right places throughout the organization, and are beginning to ask the right questions and do the right things to be and remain not just relevant and competitive, but a leader in product quality in medical cannabis. They are improving when it comes to listening to employee and patient feedback regarding improvements in product and service. Have there been issues, sure. But they are genuinely addressing their areas of improvement and I am seeing the by-products of those efforts from the inside. As long as the industry doesn't implode on itself in the next 3-5 years, Curio is here to stay and will certainly be a leader in medical cannabis.

Pros

Great intentions from the C-suite and HR, good pay and benefits

Cons

There are still opportunities in communication across workcenters.

Don't get tricked by the pay

The pay is high, the Care is low. They boast about paying people the highest wage in the industry, but they don't tell you about how poorly upper management operates. There is no communication and when something is communicated, it's only half of the information. They make decisions and try to implement them without thinking it through. When someone does speak up to say something is wrong, it's ignored until it's too late. Also they are not progressive in their policies. Do not expect to be yourself at work.

Pros

Salary

Cons

Overworked, under appreciated, no self expression, confusing

Uneven pace and mismanaged

It often feels like nobody has any idea what's going on. Corporate seems like a separate entity that only exists to manage the massive amounts of profit for the ex-big pharma CEO and hold meetings to complain at the employees for things totally out of their control. The direct supervisors are good people, but are out under too much pressure and often micromanage when it's not necessary. The pay is ok, and the 4 day weeks were nice, but every good thing about the position feels like it's directly compensating for something you have to deal with. If they treated everyone like humans, got rid of the more problematic individuals and focused more on the medical aspect of the industry, I think it would be a much better place to work. As it stands, corporate doesn't even understand what they're doing, the managers are struggling to manage a massive operation without any real help, and half the regular employees are high 24/7. Working there was a mistake and I should have known better from the month long orientation and interview process.

Great Work Environment

By far the Best Company I have worked for! Love the people and culture at Curio! Very relaxed environment. People are Friendly and Helpful. Definitely planning on making this my last job! I actually have a Career Now Thanks to Curio!

Low stress, Easy work, Decent pay

This job can be one of the easiest to do and most stable to have if you can manage to stay focused and show up on time. There might be a lot of restrictions in day to day activities but it is a manufacturing job so in order for the company to run smoothly the work force needs to be focused as much as possible. Most people who have issues working here have strong personalities that don’t mix well with working in the same room as many different types of people or are not used to a strict environment where you can’t be late or absent often.

Pros

Discount lunch, Store discount, Daily shower, 3 day weekend

Cons

Strict attendance, Repetitive

Great job

It laid back relatively and iWould never leave ankylosis jobThat do entry tar work any office computer work and the then you can use hot spotSrWatching fof job’s

Pros

Sometimes

Cons

Smoke break

Worst Place Ever

I would come to work do my job, my assigned duties and I liked my job. I learned more manufacturing skills. The management team was poor no team work.

Pros

free lunches sometimes

Cons

expensive healthcare

Don’t believe the hype

None of what managers tell you to do makes sense, and they don’t really seem to know what they’re doing. They contradict themselves and lie to your face and break protocols and cut corners all the time to try to make extra profit. They hype themselves up as the best quality products and a great place to work but there’s always problems and they don’t fix them and they don’t care about you or the quality. You will be punished for clocking in one second late. Bad vibes here.

Pros

Dispensary discount

Cons

Everything else

You And Me

Easy to change This survey just feels like last one Calm environment for employees and customers Since curio allows employees till speak how there I feel secure

Hours/salary

Well I was hired Aug 12 2020 and fired Sept 14 2020. Hired via staffing agency. Went to work everyday on time. Even though they say they have policy like verbal warning then written then termed if received 3 pts b4 90 days.My "Mgr" never warned me of anything. I go to work, we have to shower, security come in tell me to come out, then I'm told to go home and call the agency I worked for. 🤦🏾 talk about following their protocol...🤷🏾

Pros

Lunch discount

Cons

Favortism

Slave drivers, no communication, treat employees with no respect

Worst place I’ve ever stepped into for a job. Slave drivers. Worst communication I’ve ever experienced. No care for the life of the employee, the prescriptions an employee may have to take in order to deal with the harsh environment. Managers are cold and lack any leadership skills that are completely necessary to keep a new employee from feeling totally lost. I’ve never ever been fired from a job. They have absolutely no idea what they lost in me as an employee. They only care about the ceo and his demands.

Pros

Free lunch and discount on their products.

Cons

No clear leadership, non caring for employees, horrendous communication skills.

Motivated

Its so nice to come in to work and everyones ready to start the day, it makes me motivated to work harder and faster. Managers are always encouraging me.

Work Life

Great place to learn and work! This is a new industry for me to be working in and everyday is filled with new experiences. I cant wait to see how we grow.

Good place to work, friendly co-workers, for the most part, good managers, technician work as a team, they help each other. Everyone is eager to learn and share their knowledge and experiences.

Curio is a awesome place to work everything an everyone is awesome. Except the manager

Curio is a great place to learn an grow. As a team our room gets along an has fun working at curio. We learn something new just about everyday . Environment is awesome

associate

The best part of my job is team engagement and understanding the process from end to end. The health and wellness that Curio provides to patients. Each day there is something else to learn..

Working at Curio

Coming into Curio I start my day by getting my badge and taking a shower. I change into my scrubs and then I go clock in. The harvest team has a morning huddle and we’re assigned our tasks for the day. Once assigned my task I’ll work until 12 and then take my lunch break. I always go outside to get fresh air and to use my phone then I go back in, take another shower and work until 5:30. Since I’ve worked in both Trim & Production now I can say I’ve learned a lot about cannabis. I’ve learned how to trim and package successfully. I’ve learned how to analyze and distinguish between good bud & bad bud, to identify problems and to differentiate between strains. In Production I’ve learned a lot more about the process of growing and harvest & how to use systems like Acumatica and metrc. I’ve had 2 different managers during my time here. Overall as a company management lacks communication and openness. Most of the time I feel like they never have the proper answers to questions and they hold too high expectations for some people but not everyone. Training is almost non existent most of the time. We’re thrown into tasks without much explanation and have to then rely on other coworkers instead. Who are not getting paid for such tasks. The hardest part about my job at curio is feeling disposable by upper management & dealing with the unreasonably strict attendance policy. The best part of my job at curio is my coworkers. It’s always uplifting being surrounded by people who are genuine and kind.

A Dynamic Organization to Join

Incredible organization with unlimited potential for growth! Both a positive culture and diverse workforce that helps promote a dynamic environment to work in at all levels of the organization. A place to be for those who wish to be challenged, drive innovation, own processes, and contribute daily to the grander picture.

Horrible lack of leadership

This is a cannabis company whose owners don't believe in medicinal benefits of cannabis. They are in it for the money and nothing else. No care for employees or patients. No moving up in the company, they hire outside management with no prior cannabis experience or knowledge. Very disorganized. Blame throwers.

Pros

Discount on products

Cons

Hours, management lackluster, lack of training, lack of compassion

Common questions about Curio Wellness

Answered by current and former employees at Curio Wellness

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Curio Wellness. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.0 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits