Curo Health Services Employee Reviews

Former Aide ( Kingwood)
N/A (Current Employee) –  Kingwood, TXAugust 15, 2018
Poor management, low employee morale and terrible benefits that are very expensive but pay nothing. Job would have been great if there was better management and less favoritism. Constant threats to your job security, complaints had to be taken to a corporate level because management did nothing. Overall daily office duties were unorganized
Pros
Flexibility with scheduling and helping other people
Cons
Low pay, no pto, no holiday pay and terrible benefits
CURO used to be a great place to work!
DOO (Former Employee) –  TexadAugust 12, 2018
This used to be a great place to work. I thought i would never leave. However your hard work and dedication is not appreciated. The staffing model is very lean, leaving the team over worked and under paid. Their expectations of leaders is unrealistic at best.
Not the company you're looking for...
Nurse (Former Employee) –  TNJuly 9, 2018
No hands on training for new employees, passive aggressive employees who do not respect supervisors and no balance of work home life. Company is also stingy with patient supplies and medications. Definitely not worth the headaches for employees or patients.
Pros
Cons
Long hours with no comp time, no appreciation and employees that dont respect their supervisors.
Loved it
Director of Billing and Collections (Former Employee) –  Mooresville, NCMay 30, 2018
I loved working for Curo. There was a lot of cronyism, especially with the Amedisys folks, but I loved the environment and the focus on rewarding excellent work. They weren’t afraid to compensate well. And it showed in their numbers.
If you love hospice, go to another company
RN Case Manager (Former Employee) –  TennesseeMay 16, 2018
I worked here for 6 years. At first it was good but then management that was brought in was terrible and did not understand hospice. They had no problem putting their work on field staff. I went to amedisys hospice and this is a company that truly care for there employees. Not just that but they want to do the right thing. Patients are first and employees are next and that’s how it should be. I now love my job. If you have worked in hospice, you know what to expect. On call is much better here and they realize you have a life. Drop curo health services like a bad habit and go to another hospice. Not saying that amedisys is the best but it is ten fold times better and I love my life and job at this point. Curo does not deserve to continue as a healthcare provider. Amedisys has nurses that have been working for them for over 15 years. That should say something. Get out of curo now!!!!! Please
Pros
Flexible because they dont care about patient care
Cons
Not enough space to list them all
Alabama office. Upper management attitudes are unbelievable.
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  AlabamaMay 5, 2018
Regional directors are cut throat and lie. Still waiting for a raise since February. Cut throat nurses. Two regional directors who do very poor jobs in Alabama and Mississippi. The issues are with the upper management and their poor management style. Oh and the benefits are a joke. Admit patients inappropriate for hospice and seeking aggressive treatment and full code.
Pros
Patients;
Cons
Upper management; reactive management in crisis mode; cheap cheap cheap
Not a good place to work
Corporate Accountant (Former Employee) –  Mooresville, NCMay 1, 2018
This is not a fair employer. It's full of politics. Promotions are for those they wish to promote, not based on merit, experience, or time with the company. Management will be the death of this company.
Pros
salary
Cons
management, benefits, politics
Bad place to work
social worker (Former Employee) –  pennsylvaniaApril 30, 2018
Bad management, not equal pay between male and female workers. Long hours of work and no pay for on call.
Management has favorite worker and allowed them to run a daycare for their babies in the office
Unethical, overbearing, expecting one person to do the job of 3 people
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  AlabamaApril 27, 2018
Every day was wonderful until CURO acquired Regency. It was downhill after that. Upper management was difficult and not knowledgeable. Providing proof of a subject (such as a copy of a regulation) would get you nowhere. I had way too many people to report to, each stating they had priority over the other. It was a relief when my job was eliminated. Did provide good severance package though.
Pros
good pay
Cons
Upper Management
Patients first, great leadership
Patient care (Current Employee) –  United StatesApril 22, 2018
An honor to work in hospice for a company that values me, the patient, and the family. I recently heard the company's leadership speak and reflect on the core values, clinical compliance, and integrity. I'm shocked to read some replies here. The company has an Integrity Line and encourages us all to report anything unethical so it can be investigated. This is hard work, yes, but we are taking care of families during their darkest times.
Pros
Leadership, compliance, autonomy
wonderful to work for
Hospice Care Consultant (Current Employee) –  Wintersville, OHApril 20, 2018
This company is wonderful to work for. you are involved In all aspects as a team with opportunity for growth. The company is very informative and down to earth, relaxed environment.
Staff (Current Employee) –  all locationsApril 16, 2018
I have been here for several years now and like what I do. We run lean but we run smart. We don't have inflated expectations, we work hard and work together. It isn't perfect but it is realistic, fair and payment is always on time. Corporate is supportive and the field staff is amazing. Patient first approach.
Pros
the people, patients and staff
Cons
working isnt always fun
Great Management and advancemnet opportunities
Patient Care Manager (Current Employee) –  Castle Rock, COApril 16, 2018
This is the first job I have worked at that the bigger cooperation truly cares about every staff member in the office. When our regional directors come for site visits they take time to talk to everyone from the director of the office to the CNA's. I love that even though we are apart of the bigger corporation we still get to adopt plans that makes us more of a hometown hospice. Our management is understanding and always open to suggestions. I also like the fact that the promote from within. I truly feel like I am making a difference in our patients lives and appreciate that this company allows that.
By far best nursing option in east TN
Director of Operations (Current Employee) –  Johnson City, TNApril 7, 2018
When I first relocated to the area, I tried the "major hospital system" in the area and found that they were severely lacking. Extremely glad I found Curo. Natural progression for me from long career in oncology to hospice. Until now my first oncology nurse position has been the gold standard by which all others are measured and fallen woefully short. Until now. Happiest I've been since that first oncology job. Thanks Curo.
Great Team Work!
HCC (Current Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INMarch 29, 2018
Great place to work and great team. Some poor management and upper management slow to respond at times. But overall a great place to work. Great pay and benefits
Pros
Great pay. Great team players.
Cons
Work loads are heavy. Expectations are high.
Our Director worked 80-110 hours a week No executive help
RN Case Manager (Former Employee) –  FloridaMarch 23, 2018
Poor place to work. Our Director Admitted did discharges as people left they had a PEG test and a Hirability test -no one could pass It was there way of having a hiring freeze so the office was stressed as we all had to work 16 hours a day Every one quit leaving only one RN and The PCC and DOO Our DOO worked 16 plus 7 days a week-- No help from Birmingham district offices-we all got burned out . No extra compensation was given though our DOO tried . Curo left her to drown.
Pros
Cons
No upper leadership
Mixed feelings
Medicaid Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Mooresville, NCMarch 19, 2018
I was an employee of the Corp Curo office for a number of years. I can say for me, the pro’s were: Flexibility: As a biller, I could work from home if I needed to. PTO was amazing and they really worked with you with you. I loved going home with Feelings of accomplishments. Unfortunately, the Cons outweighs the Pros: Management did not get the knowledge needed to run departments successfully which led to numerous issues. Constant changes in policies, some daily, not much support from upper management with issues. In our dept, There was not much room for growth for some..others were promoted without experience based off of race, gendor, etc. Lack of training:. Lack of Communication. Stressful fast paced environment. Gossip: as with any company, is a huge issue. Overall, If processes were put into place and followed, if upper management gained knowledge to help make the departments successful more work friendly, if the managers listened more to the staff, if everyone remembers what CURO actually stands for, why it was named that and go back to the original Core Values, it would be an amazing place to work.
Pros
Flexibility
Amazing!
RN in Leadership role (Current Employee) –  Northern areaMarch 3, 2018
This company truly cares about the employees. There is support staff for all disciplines, they’ve created training at corporate. They ask what we want and are generally incorporating many of our requests. They believe in work/life balance too. Find another hospice that does that! This is a company who truly invests in their employees and want to keep them. I’m staying. Insurance IS an issue. Huge deductible, but it sounds like that’s the case in many places.
Pros
Employee satisfaction, education, pay, family environment, supportive
Cons
Health insurance is high
A hospice company owned by an investment group whose primary concern is making money not taking care of patients.
Social Worker (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALFebruary 23, 2018
The focus is on admitting patients with long lengths of stay in order to maximize profit margins. Management does not care about overworking employees and their mantra is “everybody is replaceable, leave if you don’t like it”. We were encouraged to give positive reviews on here because their ratings were so low and the company was having a hard time getting applicants.
Pros
Getting to help people during a hard time
Cons
Corporate only cares about increasing profits, high turnover in nursing staff
Excellent work environment
Patient Care Manager (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TNFebruary 17, 2018
I love working for Curo and believe they do an excellent job to help employees maintain a work/life balance. Management is very willing to work with employees to schedule time off for vacations or personal/family illnesses. Curo is very patient-focused and makes every attempt to ensure patients and families receive the excellent care and support they deserve.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Curo Health Services. Our community is ready to answer.