Curriculum Associates

Curriculum Associates Employee Reviews

While I did not get hired for a permanent role, I enjoyed my time spent there. The work allows you to become more familiar with Excel skills which is essential for entry level roles at most companies.
Did 6 months contract in hopes of a longer run. Seem to be super driven and factory-like with people. Not all. Just upper management If you don't ask questions and are super proactive they frown upon.
Some departments are siloed which makes getting a message about customer enhancements more difficult to get to the right people. Their update cycle was stellar and their celebrate their people on a regular basis.
I throughly enjoyed my time working for Curriculum Associates. What I most enjoyed about working for this company was their positive work environment. When people ask me about my experience working for Curriculum Associates, the first thing that comes to my mind is that they truly care about their employees. I worked for Curriculum Associates as an entry level web developer, they have a robust and full comprehensive mentorship and learning program, I felt very comfortable with my team, my manager, my pace and learning, and professional growth. Curriculum Associates is one of the best places to work for in Massachusetts because of their emphasis on improving the quality of life for others.
Pros
Great atmosphere, positive leadership, comfortable workspaces
 Participated actively with Agile Scrum development process attending Sprint planning, daily scrum, retrospective and clients demo.  Help and create the test specification, review and analyze the user stories.  Created Test Plans and Test Scripts as per business requirements and functional Specifications.  Wrote test cases for manual and executed the test case. Developed Test Automation Framework using Selenium WebDriver for functional, regression, smoke and integration testing.  Developed Cucumber (BDD) Feature files using Gherkins and automate them using Selenium Webdriver with Java  Applied test automation framework on CI/CD process using Jenkins.  Worked extensively on performing Mobile Web and Native App testing for Android and IOS.  Developed automation script with Web Driver API using Java, and TestNG.  Built an Appium test framework from scratch and mentored the team using the framework.  Performed manual testing by executing test cases for all modules before creating automated scripts to validate the test procedure.  Prepared the Test Scenarios and Master Test Plan for the UAT (User Acceptance Testing).  Wrote and executed the SQL Queries in TOAD to test for the data validations and other business functionality such as required fields, data formats, duplicate rows and data integrities.  Performed regression testing for every modification in the application and new release.  Created defects in JIRA, assigned them to the responsible person and tracked until they are fixed.  Worked closely with the developers to resolve defects, issues and - more...
CA has a really strong and great culture. It offers a lot of perks to employees and the benefits are the best I've ever had - workout classes, clubs, gym on site...
My personal experience and it seems like that of our department is that we expect to be treated with no sense of concern for our integrity. management essentially could care ZERO about Morale of our group or anyone in it. The pay is unbalanced from department to department....Someone doing training for instance would get DOUBLE what someone in a support position would get. The disparity is ridiculous and is widely thought to be unfair and un balanced.
Pros
free gym, decent location and surroundings
Cons
managment lack of concern for moral
generated daily invoices, entered daily cash, entered daily invoices from vendors, generated weekly checks for vendors
Pros
wonderful environment - wonderful people - employees mattered
Cons
there wasn't one
Having scrum every morning. People here are very willing to help with each other. The job is a little bit challenging. We are required to write unit test for all the code.
they are doing a great job on their curriculum for students across the country both in hard cover books and their awesome on line programs.
shipping receiving packaging delivery shuttle bus driver janitorial inventory Have to work in a team oriented environment and adapt to different work needs.
After working for a few major publishers in Educations, I found CA to be the most focused on helping teachers meet classroom challenges. Great programs, focused development, and approachable leadership.
A typical day for me as an intern at Curriculum Associates would be to come in, check in with my manager, perform my daily tasks and duties, and then leave at the end of the day. I learned extensively how to use Microsoft Excel, and how a business is ran. This is my third time being employed here (summer 2014, winter 2014-2015, and now summer 2015) and so I have got to know my managers and co-workers well and respect all of them highly. The hardest part of the job is that there is sometimes so much workload it seems impossible. The most enjoyable part of the job is that everyone here is so friendly. Most employee's don't know their CEO, but I am quite familiar with mine and see him regularly greeting all the other employee's.
Pros
Paid breaks, friendliness, A/C in building, gym facility inside building, free birthday cake monthly
Cons
Interns are only part time so second job is usually needed, A/C can be much too cold, long workdays
Working for this place afforded me the opportunity to learn a new skill set and field. I have worked most of life directly with children and families, but was given the opportunity to take my public speaking skills and assist the HR Director in recruiting, training and preparing new tutors for their work ahead of them with students in the Bay Area. While assisting the HR Director, I also worked as a Site Coordinator. The great thing about this place were my co-workers. They came from all different types of backgrounds and cultures and I learned so much from them while there. There's really nothing more satisfying in a job position when you can get along so famously with everyone in the organization. They were all caring, supportive and encouraging and really went out of their way to help and guide me when I needed it. Non-profits can be tough to work for at times, as year to year, you don't really know if all of the funding will be there to carry on projects....which was the case for me. I loved the environment and culture of this place though, and I hope that they continue to thrive in all of the work that they do.
Management has the utmost integrity and respect for all employees. The best things about working at this company is the emphasis on work/life balance, an open door policy, great culture, and competitive salaries..The company is in the process of updating infrastructure, If you are looking for a company that promotes great career growth, this is the place for you.
Pros
Great Benefit package, upbeat culture
Management has no regard for employees...roaches, mold, sewage issues, drinking water contamination...