Currituck County Schools Employee Reviews

3.3Job Security & Advancement
Great hours
Secretary/Assistant Cheerleading Coach (Former Employee) –  Moyock, NCNovember 18, 2018
Flexible hours for this position. Pay could be better. It was nice to spend each day with children. Off during holidays and summer. Location was convenient.
Teacher in NC
Health and Physical Education Teacher (Current Employee) –  Moyock, NCJuly 26, 2018
Start your day anywhere from 7:30 am until 3:50 pm depending on what school you teach. I learned that it is a small town and the teacher to student population is a good ratio. Principals are laid back and open-minded with an open door policy they are always willing to work with you and talk to you.Schools are a safe and comfortable place to work.
Poor leadership
teacher (Former Employee) –  NCJune 28, 2018
Kids are great... limitless potential. Can be a great place to work, if you can block out the lack of strong leadership and constant drama. If that was cleaned up, it would be amazing!
Pros
The KIDS!
Admin needs improvement
Technology Education Teacher (Former Employee) –  Barco, NCFebruary 12, 2018
Good benefits and good kids at Moyock and the high schools. stay away from CCMS. Don't know about elementary. The admin at the middle school thinks that all the kids are good and behavior is out of control.
fun environment
Transportation Supervisor/Director (Former Employee) –  Currituck, NC 27929February 1, 2018
Typical day was lots of phone calls from drivers, staff and parents. Hardest part of the job was being on call 24/7. The best part was the working relationship I had with my coworkers.
Every day adventures in Office Setting
Secretary (Current Employee) –  Currituck, NCJanuary 18, 2018
Working in the office of an elementary school is setting is very busy on a daily basis. Communication is a key factor of any day in the office. Being the focal point of the school, I try to greet each parent/visitor in our office by speaking to the them with a smile. Treating everyone with respect & value goes a long ways. I also use my manners when speaking to others and this can calm a hostile situation when one arises. Their level of anger can diminish when using Sir or Mam. The most stressful part of this job is trying to make a decision at times with not many facts or information. Being quick to listen and slow to speak is vital while working in a office.
Pros
Having the same school schedule as my children
Cons
Being called to work for a full day on a last minute notice
Small school district, big reward
Teacher and Athletic Director (Former Employee) –  Banks, NCFebruary 18, 2017
Currituck County schools are developing students for the 21st century. even though they are a small coastal community, they are lead by visionaries who prepare them for success in the world.
Pros
Able to move about the country with confidence
great educational atmosphere
Language Arts Teacher (Former Employee) –  Currituck, NCOctober 26, 2015
typical hectic educational atmosphere...loved working as a member of a team in order to achieve our goal...the most enjoyable part of the job was realizing that you had touched a kid's life and made a positive impact
Pros
making a difference
Cons
no lunch