Curves / Jenny Craig Employee Reviews

The best part of the job.....
Site Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Santa Fe, NMAugust 17, 2019
It is an excellent weight loss program ... The best. Working with the clients and watching them succeed is the best part of the job.
The hardest part of the job is hours vary between 30 - 40 . Which means your paycheck can vary widely.
The company has changed tremendously. No longer caring for clients or employees. Bottom line numbers is all that matters.
Center Director (Former Employee) –  FloridaJuly 1, 2019
It used to be an sbsolute joy to work at Jenny Craig. Helping people to lose weight and get healthy and happy again was amazin. The company was purchased only to be resold for a profit. In order to increase bottom line numbers, they started by eliminating bonus' , positions and labor hours. The hardest thing was being unable to give the clients the attention and service they pay us for. In center alone and back to back clients with millions of interuptions. Many of my coworkers have left. I hope
Pros
Building client relationships when possible
Cons
No longer value client experience or the employees
Must be very energetic and upbeat
Front Desk Receptionist/Fitness Coach (Former Employee) –  Great Falls, MTJune 17, 2019
Must be able to keep customers happy and satisfied at all times. Work independently most of the time. Long days with low pay. Can be a really fun job with the right boss.
A caring environment.
Nutrition Instructor (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CAMay 18, 2019
I certainly enjoyed teaching at Jenny Craig and regreted the termination of that position. Although I did counsel for a time I found teaching to be the most rewarding. There was a multitude og information that I accrued and stilm rely on even today.
Workplace culture
Consultant (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaMay 16, 2019
Initially it was a great and fun place to work! The best part was helping the clients succeed but then as upper management changed it no longer became client centered but more sales centered. The work environment went from working as a team to working more days alone but still required to do all the tasks. You didn't get a break and some days not enough time to take a lunch breaks. Very exhausting by the end of the day and you just couldn't continue to function at that level. Upper management never did ask for input regarding the needs of the staff or how they could help support us so it ended up being more of a bottom line kind of business.
10 out of 10
Center Director, PD, JCC (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 11, 2019
I thoroughly enjoyed working for this company. I met some of the finest people I've ever known while employed there! I'm impressed by the way the company excelled overall during its changes of ownership through the years.
No Work Life Balance
Center Director (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMarch 24, 2019
Overall, good company to work for if you're looking for growth with in a company. If you become upper management or a Center Director the demand for working overtime and weekends is high.
Pros
Growth potential, benefits, rewarding
Cons
Overworked as management.
Fun place to work , great management
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXDecember 27, 2018
Great management , fun place to work. All and all a great job sadly lost due to closing the company. Owners treated us like family. Franchisees were great to work with as they were from all over the country.
Pros
Luncheons, discounts
Cons
They closed
i love this job
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSDecember 19, 2018
this was the best job i had i got to work with people and help them over come there weakness and help them move forward with there weight loss and help them loss 2lbs a week. i stand by the program
Pros
na
Cons
na
They need to think about their employees more.
Consultant (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 5, 2018
The district manager would put so much pressure on you to push products and to bring money in. There where no instinctive for getting people to their goal weight. They claimed they were about families but in truth they were anything but that. It was so bad they did not care if you never saw your family because of the crazy hours they made you work, It got to the point that my husband asked me to quite because we never saw each other. They would preach about how they cared about their employees but yet there was never intensives or bonuses and when you would ask for a raise they would make you feel awful for even thinking it. Although I did work there for awhile, it was because I had great co workers and in the end a great manager that was supportive and tried to do more for her employees but I cant say that about other managers or district manager.
Pros
you get to meet amazing clients and help them with their weight loss goal
Cons
everything
Stressful and inhumane work environment and company as a whole.
Center Director (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaSeptember 17, 2018
This company has change for the worst. They do not care about the well being of the employees and allow MD's to harass, and bully staff and CD's. Their only concern is that the employees lie correctly, and consistently as he/she was trained in order to get as much money as possible from the members.
They do not care about any financial burdens members may have they want staff to tell them to ether get the over priced food or quit. When a staff member does not sale full menu to every member the staff is then coached out, because Jenny Craig rather you quit then get fired so they do not have to pay unemployment.

Consultant's hours are never consistent and full-time is far few and in-between. Even if hire for certain hours you will not get them. Hours are cut daily. You can come in for a shift that you are scheduled to work 8 hours and your CD has to cut you done to three on the spot.
Pros
Nothing!
Cons
Horrible Values, Horrible company all in all, Insurance and benifits are only for full time and they suck
Rewarding place to work
Consultant and Center Director (Former Employee) –  ArkansasAugust 31, 2018
Great place to work and very rewarding to help clients meet their weight loss goals. High pressure commission based position at times though which caused stress and competition among coworkers
enjoyable and interesting
Health and Wellness Consultant (Former Employee) –  Langhorne, PAJuly 30, 2018
i loved this job but the biggest downfall was the woman i worked for was a nightmare. i was the youngest consultant who worked there and she treated me like i was 5 years old which i didnt appreciate considering i went to school for it
Very unfriendly place to work
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAJuly 27, 2018
My partner had no intention of paying me once I bought into the franchise. Corporate headquarters was very unrealistic in their marketing approach and had a lot of outdated ideas.
great company to work for
Program Director/Sales (Former Employee) –  Garden City, NYJune 8, 2018
This company is a great company to work for. I enjoyed my tenure with them. I would recommend anyone working here. Nice environment to work in. Nice people.
Great Place to Work
Payroll & Benefits Specialist (Current Employee) –  Carlsbad, CAJune 6, 2018
Great place to Work, The team work is great, The Management team is great. The work culture is family oriented.. Their growth within the company. I love working here.
Great job if you have more than one income in your household
CIRCUIT COACH AND WEIGHT LOSS CONSULTANT (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaFebruary 2, 2018
Working for Curves/Jenny Craig or Jenny Craig corporate can be rewarding if you're passionate about helping women with weight loss and healthy lifestyle.

Compensation does not seem to coincide with the amount of knowledge you must have to be successful at your job as well as the level of assertiveness you need to sell. As a weight loss consultant and circuit coach, you will wear multiple hats. You not only need to sell but you need to be able to relate and sympathize with your clients. If you have another income in your household, this can be a fun and rewarding job. However, if you are the sole earner in your home, making ends meet in this position can be stressful.
Pros
Discounts on food and complimentary consultations/membership.
Cons
Not quite full-time, hourly pay isn't competitive for work required.
Not worth your time, stress or character
Consultant (Former Employee) –  LouisianaJanuary 10, 2018
Sales job that doesn't value its consumers or employees. Most days are slow so you wind up turning into a call center that's basically calling people and saying "hey, you still overweight? We're still here to sell you our overpriced TV dinners that probably won't work for you". It's a joke of a company & I doubt they'll be around much longer.
Your hours are dependent on how many clients you have so you're never guaranteed how many hours they promised you. The only holidays off are Christmas and Thanksgiving. Most centers are open from 7am-7pm and if you're full time you'll probably be working that whole thing with a possible 2 hour lunch, but management has no problem calling you back early from lunch if they "need" help.
It's all about sales and quotas which are ridiculously unattainable (except for a few markets in CA & NY) so don't believe any hype about sales quota bonuses.
I guess it could possibly be tolerable as a part time job but upper management might make that impossible too. They're constantly changing policies and offer codes and threaten you with write-ups or termination after messing up once. Ridiculous company with really outdated nutrition education and no integrity.
Pros
Healthcare, you meet really wonderful clients
Cons
Bait and switch tactics on vulnerable clients, hours, upper management
Horrible- A company I don’t suspect will be around much longer!
Consultant (Former Employee) –  TexasJanuary 2, 2018
Was hired for FTE and could not receive more then 20 hours per week. Some days they would have me wake up and be at work by 7am only to work a 2 hour shift which is when the center director would finally wake up and come relieve me of my duty. At one point to give me hours I was told to commute and hour and a half each way just to work a 3 hour shift! Hours are not available. CD’s are jokes and not only don’t advocate for their employees but use them to fill in hours for their lunch dates or so that they can sleep in. A ton of phone calls- which really are harassing previous clients. Seriously they sell weight loss to clients- emphasis a “maintenance” component of the program (where they teach you how to maintain the weight loss on their own) and then after the clients have reached their goal they have the consultants call and harass them to come back. Doesn’t that seem a little backwards? Anyway- if you like selling overpriced frozen TV dinners/ not receiving hours/ being forced to commute for little compensation/ and harassing people through phones- then JC is the place for you. Well for as long as the company stays around anyhow which won’t be long.
Pros
Half price on frozen TV dinners🤢
Cons
Short staffed/poorly managed/won’t receive hours/ ETC
Hours constantly cut
Center Director (Former Employee) –  OhioNovember 22, 2017
Since December 2016, consultant hours were continuously cut and the Center Director was responsible for pretty much all open hours. Customer service went out the window and the "One on one" consultations turned into the employee having to answer the phone, take care of customers in the lobby.
This company will pretty much only hire PT employees so they don't have to pay benefits.
The management would not grow a backbone and stick up for their employees.
Pros
Great when center is staffed, which is very seldom
Cons
Company is going downhill

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Curves / Jenny Craig. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

4.5Fairygodboss Score

100%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

100%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss