Curves / Jenny Craig Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
great company to work for
Program Director/Sales (Former Employee) –  Garden City, NYJune 8, 2018
This company is a great company to work for. I enjoyed my tenure with them. I would recommend anyone working here. Nice environment to work in. Nice people.
Great Place to Work
Payroll & Benefits Specialist (Current Employee) –  Carlsbad, CAJune 6, 2018
Great place to Work, The team work is great, The Management team is great. The work culture is family oriented.. Their growth within the company. I love working here.
Great job if you have more than one income in your household
CIRCUIT COACH AND WEIGHT LOSS CONSULTANT (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaFebruary 2, 2018
Working for Curves/Jenny Craig or Jenny Craig corporate can be rewarding if you're passionate about helping women with weight loss and healthy lifestyle.

Compensation does not seem to coincide with the amount of knowledge you must have to be successful at your job as well as the level of assertiveness you need to sell. As a weight loss consultant and circuit coach, you will wear multiple hats. You not only need to sell but you need to be able to relate and sympathize with your clients. If you have another income in your household, this can be a fun and rewarding job. However, if you are the sole earner in your home, making ends meet in this position can be stressful.
Pros
Discounts on food and complimentary consultations/membership.
Cons
Not quite full-time, hourly pay isn't competitive for work required.
Not worth your time, stress or character
Consultant (Former Employee) –  LouisianaJanuary 10, 2018
Sales job that doesn't value its consumers or employees. Most days are slow so you wind up turning into a call center that's basically calling people and saying "hey, you still overweight? We're still here to sell you our overpriced TV dinners that probably won't work for you". It's a joke of a company & I doubt they'll be around much longer.
Your hours are dependent on how many clients you have so you're never guaranteed how many hours they promised you. The only holidays off are Christmas and Thanksgiving. Most centers are open from 7am-7pm and if you're full time you'll probably be working that whole thing with a possible 2 hour lunch, but management has no problem calling you back early from lunch if they "need" help.
It's all about sales and quotas which are ridiculously unattainable (except for a few markets in CA & NY) so don't believe any hype about sales quota bonuses.
I guess it could possibly be tolerable as a part time job but upper management might make that impossible too. They're constantly changing policies and offer codes and threaten you with write-ups or termination after messing up once. Ridiculous company with really outdated nutrition education and no integrity.
Pros
Healthcare, you meet really wonderful clients
Cons
Bait and switch tactics on vulnerable clients, hours, upper management
Horrible- A company I don’t suspect will be around much longer!
Consultant (Former Employee) –  TexasJanuary 2, 2018
Was hired for FTE and could not receive more then 20 hours per week. Some days they would have me wake up and be at work by 7am only to work a 2 hour shift which is when the center director would finally wake up and come relieve me of my duty. At one point to give me hours I was told to commute and hour and a half each way just to work a 3 hour shift! Hours are not available. CD’s are jokes and not only don’t advocate for their employees but use them to fill in hours for their lunch dates or so that they can sleep in. A ton of phone calls- which really are harassing previous clients. Seriously they sell weight loss to clients- emphasis a “maintenance” component of the program (where they teach you how to maintain the weight loss on their own) and then after the clients have reached their goal they have the consultants call and harass them to come back. Doesn’t that seem a little backwards? Anyway- if you like selling overpriced frozen TV dinners/ not receiving hours/ being forced to commute for little compensation/ and harassing people through phones- then JC is the place for you. Well for as long as the company stays around anyhow which won’t be long.
Pros
Half price on frozen TV dinners🤢
Cons
Short staffed/poorly managed/won’t receive hours/ ETC
Hours constantly cut
Center Director (Former Employee) –  OhioNovember 22, 2017
Since December 2016, consultant hours were continuously cut and the Center Director was responsible for pretty much all open hours. Customer service went out the window and the "One on one" consultations turned into the employee having to answer the phone, take care of customers in the lobby.
This company will pretty much only hire PT employees so they don't have to pay benefits.
The management would not grow a backbone and stick up for their employees.
Pros
Great when center is staffed, which is very seldom
Cons
Company is going downhill
Love it! Such a positive environment to work in!
Center Director (Current Employee) –  Sunset Hills, MONovember 15, 2017
I worked for Jenny Craig for several years, took a break to be a stay home mom, and went right back to it when I started looking for work again. Consultants get to encourage regular people to change and better their lives through weight loss. It's amazing to see your client's medications lowered and dropped and their quality of life improve! Many of the clients really appreciate having a consultant's shoulder to lean on their journey. I love my coworkers and my boss. The environment is very positive and happy. My centre has very low turnover rate. The clients are happy and the employees are happy. Jenny Craig has been around for a long long time because it's not a fad. It's just plain healthy eating and encouragement.
Pros
Employee discount, open door policy, build relationships with clients, fun, upbeat, helping people/making a difference, employees can promote as desired
Horrible management.
JCC (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 4, 2017
When I first started I loved it but it has gone down hill in the last three years. If you want to be micromanaged and belittled this is the place for you.
Pros
Program discount
Cons
Long hours, short staffed
So fulfilling!
Consultant (Current Employee) –  OhioNovember 1, 2017
Really solid program that works and you get to see the fruits of your labor! If you like problem solving and working with people, this is right up your alley.
Pros
Helping others, team astmosphere, flexibility with hours, growth opportunities.
franchise owner closed business
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Nashua, NHOctober 7, 2017
Business closed shortly after I left for some of the same reasons why I left, This business was not run well enough to stay in business. I don't have enough information to adequately rate this business
Pros
little to none
Cons
very disorganized
Great place that taught me a lot
HR Intern (Current Employee) –  Carlsbad, CASeptember 26, 2017
I had the opportunity to assist the HR team. I learned a lot not only in HR, but about the Jenny Craig culture as well. Shadowing the ISRs and JCCs in the call centers showed me how much the employees cared about their work and their clients. I am sad for when I have to leave.
Pros
Tasting tables for future menu items, great work environment, nice people
Jenny Craig has a really good weight management program but the clients are not first place.
JCC (Former Employee) –  MarylandSeptember 5, 2017
If you're ready to work the hardest you've ever worked without appreciation, than this is the right job for you. Inconsistent schedule changes. Working at the center all by myself
Pros
Food discounts, learning about weight management
Cons
Instability of hours
An upbeat environment where the health and wellness of our clients is most important
Fitness Coach / Weight Loss Consultant (Current Employee) –  Skokie, ILJune 9, 2017
I spend half of my day meeting one on one with my weight loss clients. I help to re-educate them on how to develop a healthier relationship/lifestyle with food. I celebrate with them when they reach their weight loss goal.

I spend the other half of my day as a fitness coach in our Curves circuit, helping our members improve their health through physical fitness.

We try to provide our clients/members a very upbeat centre to walk into. We always maintain a positive attitude and make everyone feel that they're number one.

The most difficult part of my job is seeing my clients struggle.

The most enjoyable part of my job is seeing my clients improve their health through diet and exercise.
Pros
It is rewarding to help people
Cons
It is difficult when I am unable to help my clients
Working at Curves
Zumba Fitness Instructor (Former Employee) –  Campbell, CAMay 6, 2017
I taught Zumba for an hour .The customers also used exercise equipment as well. They would switch off every minute from Zumba to machines. It was a Zumba Circuit class
Pros
Cons
Rude customers
Horrible Management
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  IllinoisApril 26, 2017
Stressful work environment, bad management, repairs are not made or ignored, product not worth the money. Too much time wasted on meetings on how to get more money from clients.
Pros
it's a job
Cons
if you're not depressed already, you'll get there
micro-management, poor staff commuinications, HR inadequate
Program Director (Current Employee) –  Carlsbad, CAMarch 31, 2017
JC/Curves lacks ability to allow for improvement- Management is unprepared and unskilled to train adequately and there is little to no HR advocacy to allow staff development and support .
A good company going through transition.
Operations Manager/Area Market Director (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia County, PAMarch 8, 2017
I oversaw the day to day operations of 11/18 centers, effectively managing and supporting the Center Director position.
I developed my skills as a manager. facilitator and leader.
Management was supportive of our needs in the field.
The culture was always positive and supportive within the workplace.
Retaining employees and members.
I enjoyed my interactions with both my internal and external clients.
During my tenure the company has had four changes in ownership.
Pros
Impacting lives of employees and members
Cons
Inconsisitency within the business
management meetings were productive and educational.
Centre Director (Former Employee) –  Livonia, MIFebruary 19, 2017
My work experienced at Jenny Craig Weight Loss Inc. was empowering, multitasking and fun. I learned to work with others, trained and give them feedback.
Pros
learned management skills
Cons
closed location.
Great and Fun environment to work
Centre Director (Current Employee) –  Southlake, TXFebruary 10, 2017
I have worked for Jenny Craig several times and each time I meet new and wonderful people. The programs really do work for our clients. I would recommend anyone who cares about people to work at Jenny Craig.
Pros
Great People
Cons
Hard to get Full TIme Hours
bueno
Directora de Programa (Former Employee) –  Ponce, PRFebruary 1, 2017
Buenos incentivos y beneficios. Oportunidad de crecimiento profesional y laboral.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Curves / Jenny Craig. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

4.5Fairygodboss Score

100%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

100%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss