Cushman & Wakefield - The Lund Company Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Employee Support Lacking
Senior Project Manager/ Project Director (Former Employee) –  Farmington, CTMay 7, 2018
This is a large company that was good to work for but has lost its way once it got bought out. The clients seem to have way too much say in employment issues.
Pros
some good coworkers
Cons
lack of work/life balance
Good pace but no position growth in structure
Tech (Current Employee) –  Norfolk, VAApril 30, 2018
Not the worst place to work at all, but you can get stuck if you do not keep pursuing higher. No advancement offered, no trainings for licenses carried through. Raises very low for annual even with great reviews.
Pros
Good hours, fair Paid Time Off
Cons
No advancement for your position, no bonuses, raises very low
Poor upper management
Leasing Agent (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IAApril 17, 2018
From day 1 was set up for failure. Property manager was amazing, but she was falsely terminated. Maintenance was falsely terminated. With out any real information. Upper management was fake, lied, and used us employees. I was terminated after 10 months. Only reason was "not a good fit" never once was talked to about my performance, or attendance. Horrible regional management. Horrible atmosphere and fearing if you might not have a job anymore. Unsafe place to work.
Pros
Property manager.
Cons
To much to list
Family Feel In a Corporate Environment
Operations Coordinator (Former Employee) –  1290 Avenue of the AmericasApril 11, 2018
This company was my home for 10 years. Great people with a friendly helpful atmosphere. If anyone was busy and you needed help, they would stop what they were doing to help you.
great learning expierience
Building Engineer (Former Employee) –  Denver, COApril 4, 2018
the learning experience was great, but the management was very poor. I was always doing something while management was sitting down. I got paid a pretty decent amount but I want leadership not a boss
Pros
salary
Cons
managment
Set up to fail from day 1
Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEMarch 23, 2018
Lund company took over the property I was already employed at, and I regret staying there. I never had a chance. First off, they don't hire qualified employees, they hire bodies. Secondly, they didn't bother training us on their new systems/policies. We had to figure it out on our own.

Lastly, they slashed my budget down to nothing, wouldn't allow me to maintain inventory in my shop, but still expected 24 hr resolution on work orders. And they were constantly on you about them.

They required us to do our own AC and furnace installs even though we aren't licensed to do so. Very shady.

Do not buy what they are selling. High turnover, high stress, low morale...just an awful company to work for.
Pros
They pay well, and they pay a per diem when on call which is pretty much unheard of.
Cons
Pretty much everything else
Excellent company to be employed with.
Mailroom Clerk (Current Employee) –  Springfield, ORFebruary 27, 2018
I always enjoy coming to work. I love the people i work with. I have been in this building 9 years and was hoping to retire here,but the building will be closing soon. I have learned many new programs on the computer working here and many problem solving skills.This is a very diverse company everyone is wonderful.
Pros
On site cafe, fitness center, mon-fri work days.
Cons
Will be closeing in the near future.
A day, week, year working for C&W
General Manager (Former Employee) –  726 Broadway NYFebruary 24, 2018
I created my own day with a to due list that almost never worked out. Problems arose in the building which took preference over day chores.. Almost always ate lunch on the run. Budgets, Contracts, Vendors, bills, PM service on equipment, Scheduleing and coordinating projects to be completed in a timely fashion. Writing contracts to be bided. Sometimes a 24/7 job. Also had to be a public relations person to over 2,500 tenants.
Absolutely loved my journey.
Fast paced global enterprise
Service Technician II (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAFebruary 19, 2018
Technology support for over 180+ Real Estate brokers and support staff. Support involved all and any new technology being applied used or being considered for Cushman & Wakefield.
Very professional company with top notch employees
Director (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYFebruary 13, 2018
The people are terrific and the company overall gives you back as much as you put in. Offices are second to none and there in constant opportunity for advancement through hard work.
average employer
Lease Analyst (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLFebruary 9, 2018
Job was satisfying but very stressful due to working on-site with Client. Would recommend to future employers.Overall, satisfactory work environment. 7 of 10,Good culture. Good team building.
Pros
fair pay
Cons
lack of advancement
Great Company
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Ballston, VAJanuary 23, 2018
Great company! Enjoyed working there. I worked in a temporary position but would consider working there again if there was an opportunity available, the benefit package was beneficial and the compensation was great.
Had a great team to work with
Application Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJanuary 23, 2018
This was a good company to work for. I had to quit because I had to relocate. It is fast faced and company was experimenting with new technology and try to make employees end user experience better by adopting new technology.
Terrible Experience
Tenant Services Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Fairfax, VAJanuary 22, 2018
A lot of this is more the field of commercial real estate management but some was directly my management office and management there. This is not the corporate office but I do feel like they did little to keep me in the company in a bad situation. I wanted to move within the company and felt as though I was blocked somehow from leaving the terrible position that I was put in. Bad management, very unprofessional, harassment, and inappropriate behavior. We had a very high turnover rate and felt like we were left out to dry by the rest of the company. I would not work for Cushman and Wakefield ever again. I know other people have had better experiences the entry point for me in this small management office did not allow for me to experience what the rest of the company had to offer. Although, I did feel completely unsupported.
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
Bad situation, terrible management, no support in removing myself from the situation
Loyalty above everything
Business Center Specialist (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJanuary 17, 2018
I have worked with the company for several years and can say they are the most loyal bunch, ever. I love my client, the challenges, and benefits. Provided the opportunity presents itself, excelling from with would be a thrill.
Pros
Cons
Professional Development Opportunities
productive and collaborative
Property Management Intern (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJanuary 11, 2018
• Active participant in all department-specific business processes
• Worked with a team of professionals to ensure compliance on all billing and building maintenance for assigned properties
potential to be a great place
Engineering Coordinator Corp Investment (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 8, 2018
Could be a great place to work, but there is a culture of mistrust within all the ranks and high turn over at the top. I can't tell you how many department heads I had over the 3 years that I was there. And none of them women...
benefits
Cons
culture, over worked and mistrusted
Excelent leader in the Service Provider industry
Director of Project Management (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJanuary 2, 2018
A great place to work as a service provider in facility, project management, space management, and sustainability. The team approach is successful and well executed.
Rate zero-Property Management
Property Administrator (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INDecember 31, 2017
Every person out for themselves. No onsite training available. No end of employment survey. Poor management. Truly a terrible experience and the worst company to be employed.
Pros
Cons
Management very judgmental and racist
Limited advancement for anyone over 30 yrs old
Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CADecember 19, 2017
The atmosphere was that they were only interested in promoting young people. If you are over 35 years old, the management will barely acknowledge you.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cushman & Wakefield - The Lund Company. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

4.1InHerSight Score

3.8Personal Development

4.0Career Opportunities

4.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight