Cushman & Wakefield Employee Reviews

Work is generally in another state, the company makes the job as accommodating as possible.
Due Diligence Contractor (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJanuary 13, 2019
Contract work, excellent management and fair compensation. 12 hour days but the compensation makes it worthwhile. Housed in upscale hotels and access to rental cars. All business but that is why we are working so far from home.
Pros
Good working environment
Cons
Away from home
Portfolio Manager (Former Employee) –  Temple Terrace, FLJanuary 10, 2019
I enjoyed working for Cushman. If the opportunity arose again I would go back and work for them. I continue to look for openings to get back with them.
I was assigned to a client location
Global Account Manager supporting Avaya (Current Employee) –  Basking Ridge, NJJanuary 4, 2019
Being assigned to a client location I was considered a property employee and followed the clients rules and work requirements therefore I was a C&W employee but was at arms length from the corporate offices.
Fast paced environment must be able to adapt
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  United StatesJanuary 2, 2019
The days pass very quickly. I have learned what is necessary to maintain a good standing with the company and it's clients. It is an ever growing company with constant changes at all levels.
Pros
Compensation is good
Cons
Travel constaintly
Fast paced Working enviroment
Financial Clerk (Former Employee) –  Concord, CADecember 31, 2018
This was a fast paced working environment where we handled the PG&E account doing the Procurement and Accounts Payable for the account. I learned to code invoices through Yardi and Capture which were two programs that i was new to.
Poor management, micromanagement
Building Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INDecember 29, 2018
Expectation to be on call 24/7 7 days a week No back up and a micromanager. Worst job I have ever had. Poor managment, poor communication and unclear job description.
Pros
I no longer work there
Cons
micro management, no back up. poor managment
Enjoyable place to work
Lead Office Services Associate (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INDecember 27, 2018
Enjoyable place to work. Opportunities for advances if able to relocate. A typical day at work varies. Some tasks may be routing. The hardest part of the job can be the equipment malfunctioning.
Horrible hostile environment
PROPERTY ACCOUNTANT (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLDecember 22, 2018
Cushman wakefield is a company of 50k employees but felt like I was on a desert island with no backup
I went to HR and they never got back to me and then my boss mocked me for going

Loyalty means nothing
No cross training
The property manager I worked for dropped the f bomb at least 25 times a day sometimes all before noon
Managers mood swing set the tone of the entire office
I always wanted record him but did not
My goal is to get out as fast as possible
I want out so bad I’m concerned I will jump at anything
In this job market go somewhere else
Pros
Cons
Hostile work environment
Good facility maintenance company for clients
Building engineer/ HVAC lead (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXDecember 21, 2018
Cushman is all about costumer service not employee service, they need you you good they dont need you you are in trouble, is a good company to learn structure.
Great company with good work life balance
Property Administrator (Current Employee) –  Tysons Corner, VADecember 21, 2018
Cushman & Wakefield offers good work life balance and many opportunities for education and growth within the company. Overall Cushman & Wakefield treats their employees well and has very good benefits.
Mobile engineer (Current Employee) –  Saginaw, MIDecember 18, 2018
It is a great place to work..the environment is great the atmosphere is awsome most the managers listen..it just keeps getting better and better if you get the chance i would do it again.
Good place to start out, micro-managed
Workplace Support Specialist Subcontracted (Former Employee) –  Newton, MADecember 14, 2018
The first year was good, manager didn't come to visit the office in person until a year later. Only spoke on the phone via conference call, then video.
Pros
relaxed at first, was happy
Cons
short breaks, timed structures
Productive and Always Busy
Facilities/Service Program Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Santa Clara, CADecember 14, 2018
A typical day at work checking work requests, assisting the client and maintenance of the building and other sites. I learned a lot of building maintenance and their functionality as well as providing customer service to the client and their employees to make the workplace a great environment for them to work in.
The management team was very supportive and was always there for guidance and support.
The hardest part of the job was working under stress. Sometimes you had a short window to complete certain assignments and were getting interrupted by the client in the midst of completing the assignment.
The most enjoyable part was the wonderful team I worked with, we worked as a team and were always helping each other out when needed.
Managers only look out for their best interes, conflict of interest if you challange management about anything at all.
HVAC-R Facilities Technician II (Former Employee) –  San Juan Capistrano, CADecember 13, 2018
Empty promises, seems the only ones get raises or promotions are the ones who will turn a blind eye, have less qualifications or experiences and don't ask any questions. If you show your skills are better than your manager's skills, then you are pretty much marked the 1st on the list to be replaced by someone new who knows nothing. Also there are a lot of conflict of interest, nepotism, and racial discrimination. You will rarely see any non-white upper managers in C&W because majority of all C&W managers and workers who are picked to be replaced are minorities in color as typical large corporations do.
Pros
Great company as a starter but don't expect to make a career to last too long.
Cons
Nepotisim, racisim, empty promises and if your'e a miniority and repeatly ask of promised raise or promotion, be ready for them to prep your termination.
Liked the position, Didn't like the way I was treated
Marketing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNDecember 12, 2018
My negative experiences at this company are pretty much all centered around the people that I had to work under. There were a lot of really great and fun people in my office, unfortunately I didn't work with them.

Being the type of company that it is, the brokers can end up a little entitled and unappreciative. I got the full brunt of that. I'd say that most everyone's experience here will be better than what I had.
Pros
Nice office, free beverages, good location
Cons
Entitled employees, poor management
no work/life balance
Marketing (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLDecember 4, 2018
no room for advancement.
worked long hours
very much a boys club
very much "who you knew"
if you knew the right people, you advanced
hard work did not mean advancement
Cons
no work/life balance
Fun place to work at.
Receptionist/Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Rosemont, ILNovember 30, 2018
I love working with the wonderful people at Cushman & Wakefield. The hardest park of the job is nothing. A typical day at work is coming in setting up meetings, ordering food and making sure everyone is happy.
Pros
Free lunches and always making sure everything is okay with you.
Cons
Na
Learned a lot and enjoyed the professional environment.
Business Development (Former Employee) –  Palo Alto, CANovember 28, 2018
I got to be an assistant to a broker, and learned a lot about real estate, how to speak with other brokers, set up tours for clients, analyze properties, and help people find properties that fit their needs.
Senior Management Great! Super Not So Great
Porter (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 19, 2018
I must admit that I should have told them I was bi-polar which could explain a lot of my behavior but my super was just a jerk. He continued to find ways to get me fired until I was.
Pros
Great Property Manager
Cons
Super was a jerk.
Internshipp
Summer Intern (Former Employee) –  Denver, CONovember 14, 2018
Very positive experience would recommend to others
Very nice employees
Challenging work
room for growth
everyone is willing to help with questions that you may have
Pros
nice employees
Cons
no cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cushman & Wakefield. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Cushman & Wakefield.

Powered by Comparably