Cushman & Wakefield
66Average
Here to help: Coronavirus update

Cushman & Wakefield Employee Reviews

You’re seeing reviews close to Ashburn, VA based on your current location
Not your desired location?
Choose a different one
Ashburn, VA21 reviews
M&A has not been good for company culture
Lots of bureaucracy now and there is definitely segregation of the popular crowd v. the not so popular and special treatment.
Pros
Wellness Program allows for fresh fruit available daily
Cons
Lots of Bureaucracy
C&W Services
It was an absolute pleasure to have worked with this company. I would certainly go back, just at a different location. My experience here was
great.
Fast paced and client focused
Strong company that rewards those that put in the extra effort. Busy seasons make work life balance difficult and client focus is top priority, not employee progress.
Company Overview
Fast paced work environment, limited promotion opportunities. Public company, focused on revenue and performance. Employees have limited opportunities for growth.
Pros
free food, free parking
Cons
lack of promotion
It was a good company
I liked working for this company. I met a lot of really great people and had a lot of fun. Benefits are good, but it all depends on the property and the client if your in the property management side of things.
Would you rate your company five stars?
Rate your employer to help people make better career decisions.
Great company with good work life balance
Cushman & Wakefield offers good work life balance and many opportunities for education and growth within the company. Overall Cushman & Wakefield treats their employees well and has very good benefits.
Hard no days off
Learned about Hvac and plumbing fun place to work sometimes company needs to listen to there employees we are the ones in the field been working here for 5 years and its just getting out of hand.
Pros
free parking
Cons
No help no room to grow
Review of Cushman & Wakefield
I oversaw the daily operations of a 250,000 sq. ft. office building with mixed retail. My job included supervising the maintenance and cleaning staff, providing budgets, obtaining bids, and assisting with the tenants' needs. I also oversaw construction to the building and tenant build-outs. Management allowed me a comfortable amount of autonomy, enabling me to manage the building in a way that my previous experience has shown to be successful.

The hardest and yet one of the most enjoyable parts of the job was creatively thinking of ways to maintain and improve the building with a limited budget. I also enjoyed interacting with the building's tenants.
Exciting, interesting and always learning something new
I enjoyed working for C & W. There was always something going on with new properties, new people and new aspects of the job. I learned to always be open to new ideas and learned to push beyond my comfort zone and accept responsibilities for job descriptions outside my normal. I loved working with individuals throughout the company and expressing my ideas to make jobs easier or listening to others ideas.
Pros
Benefits and accrued time off, ability to work from home
Great Company
Great company! Enjoyed working there. I worked in a temporary position but would consider working there again if there was an opportunity available, the benefit package was beneficial and the compensation was great.
Terrible Experience
A lot of this is more the field of commercial real estate management but some was directly my management office and management there. This is not the corporate office but I do feel like they did little to keep me in the company in a bad situation. I wanted to move within the company and felt as though I was blocked somehow from leaving the terrible position that I was put in. Bad management, very unprofessional, harassment, and inappropriate behavior. We had a very high turnover rate and felt like we were left out to dry by the rest of the company. I would not work for Cushman and Wakefield ever again. I know other people have had better experiences the entry point for me in this small management office did not allow for me to experience what the rest of the company had to offer. Although, I did feel completely unsupported.
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
Bad situation, terrible management, no support in removing myself from the situation
Not impressed
Not impressed with Leadership in the office I was at. Things were not well run. HR was not there for anyone but the firm. That was disappointing. Not sure I would work there again.
Pros
Great co-workers
Cons
Managment was weak and invisible
Great Job on commercial buildings
Great environment. Has large portfolio of commercial buildings multi-state. Enjoyed it. left looking for advancement and was sorry I left. Would love to work there again.
Merrifield VA - location
Poor Management, very high turn over rate. Would not recommend an opportunity at this location even the most stellar employees has found themselves at the wrong end of the stick.
Pros
decent pay
Cons
poor managment, work environment
employee minded company
Maintain tenant work orders, check HVAC equipment daily at morning startup.
Learned how to effectively handle contractors/employee.

The manage team generally interested in employee needs and concerns.

My coworkers are the best

The hardest part of my would be keeping tenant satisfaction at a high level
Good Place to work for
Make sure all HVAC equipment working properly, update any information for the building with the county. Oversee others building in the absence of the chief engineer
good
CUSHMAN & WAKEFIELD/DISCOVERY COMMUNICATIONS Silver Spring, MarylandAugust 2000-November 2008
IT Assistant/Mailroom Operations Assistant

Picked up, delivered and processed mail for over 1,500 Discovery employees

Processed express mail for Express Mail, FedEx, UPS and DHL

Worked on loading dock, driving forklifts, shipping, receiving, loading and unloading trucks, dumping trash and

cleaning the building

Manually entered all incoming mail via computerized mail processing software, as well as maintained detail record of

all incoming/outgoing packages for tracking purposes via MS Excel Spreadsheet

Received, processed, sorted and accurately delivered incoming mail according to Departmental/Employee destination

Trained new hires on all hardware equipment and software processes

Responded to inquiries from mail and shipping recipients via phone, email and/or fax
Pros
na
Cons
na
Different team structure then what I worked with in the past.
generate 23 monthly accrual client medical office building financial statements
Post cash receipts

Initiate bank transfers

post invoices

select invoices for payment

post recurring monthly charges

review lease abstracts

assist tenant coordinators and property managers

supervise two staff accountants

maintain accrual and prepaid schedules

record bank transfers via journal entries
Pros
great insurance to choose from
Cons
Not a team environment
bar
i am a very hard worker, a big team player, and i have excellent experience with communication, customer service, and labor skills, a fast learner,
Pros
Cons
hourly
it was good working with cushman and wakefield i hope i get another job like that again
it was nice i enjoy the job iwould like to get the chance to work with those guy again but it isnt much more i can say but thank you cushman and wakefield.
Pros
na
Cons
na
Ping Pong Table
To mobilize and deliver our vast knowledge, resources and talent throughout the world on behalf of our clients, and to enable them to make the most informed real estate decisions. A typical work day, opening the office with little supervision, making coffee, checking the voicemail, answering mutiple phone line, checking the microsoft outllook for emails from the tenants, speaking with the cheif engineer regarding any work that needs to take place with each tenant. Building a relationship with the vendors and contractors as well as the tenants. Filing documents, input travel reimbursements, time-sheets, receiving fax, scanning documents, travel arrangements, setting up luncheons, and conference, collating notebooks. I worked with a small group, I only had one Property Manager, One Cheif Engineer and 5 engineers, because I help manage 3 buildings. The hardest part about this position is some one being stuck in the elevator and as and employee your hoping, your able to get your tenant or tenants out. The most enjoyable about this position is working as a team, and getting the job done together.
Pros
free parking, free lunch
Cons
short breaks, full benifits, days paid off, vacation days etc.