Cushman & Wakefield Employee Reviews

Work was pushed and
Lead Technician III (Current Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CASeptember 20, 2018
Perform corrective, preventive maintenance, repairs to electrical LED light fixtures installed, trouble shoot modules, driver and ballast, match, patch paint to refresh projects. Responded to emergency calls for several campus locations, follow up repairs through to completion from all employees.
Coordinates and prioritizes work to assure all maintenance scheduled tasks through 360 systems were completed in a timely and professional manner. Work with other trade skill sets to complete work orders to trade standards and customer expectations. Assist in training personnel, performance evaluation, inventory control, quality assurance, orientation and communicating/resolving customer concerns promptly and effectively.
Assist Supervisor in determining and monitoring the inventory levels of materials, tools, spare parts and supplies required for maintenance and operation of several site with vendors.
Pros
free breakfast lunch free dinner, free laundry, work out gyme were great
Cons
Pushed to alway produce more work orders and work on dealines
A lot of driving
maint tech (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NY Syracuse NY Jamestown NYSeptember 17, 2018
Work in different sites every day, management is different from site to site. Very fast paced and emergency calls require working long hours to keep all equipment running.Most managers appreciate what You do.
Pros
Use different Skills
Cons
not many
Employer offered a flexible work schedule
Accounting Coordinator (Office Manager) (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 14, 2018
Company offers great medical, dental and vision benefits including FSA and company matched HSA with programs where you can participate and earn more for your HSA. Benefits include a health coach upon request at no cost to the employee. Company also offers a great IRA plan. They are very generous with PTO, Floating Holidays and Sick time.
Pros
Beneifts; Flexible work schedule
average
Associate Director (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CASeptember 11, 2018
The company was a good place to work for a flexible schedule. The work was good and if you were/are hungry, you can earn a lot of income. The brokers are secretive and it is a very competitive environment.
Pros
Flexible schedule after you are in the business a while
Good work enviroment
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 7, 2018
I enjoyed working there and doin maintenance. Easy work was not a hard job.
Enjoyed the people I was around and the stuff I did for the company. Work schedule was great.
Workplace is Corporate and needs better office culture
MARKETING SPECIALIST AND BROKERAGE COORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CASeptember 4, 2018
The office space is a nice location - prime in fact - in the heart of San Francisco which is what I love. It's accessible. I don't like the fact that there isn't a strong office culture. Theres no true form of team building. The office is rather stingy with their budgets.
Pros
oatmeal packets and tea
Cons
no office culture
Mobile Engineer employment
Mobile Engineer (Current Employee) –  New York StateSeptember 3, 2018
Pay is excellent. Work conditions average for HVAC field.
Guidance in field work none. Worker support when needed not very good. Management support to exceed is very poor.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Worker support very poor
Review of Cushman & Wakefield
Lead Engineer (Former Employee) –  Rockville, MD 20850August 28, 2018
I oversaw the daily operations of a 250,000 sq. ft. office building with mixed retail. My job included supervising the maintenance and cleaning staff, providing budgets, obtaining bids, and assisting with the tenants' needs. I also oversaw construction to the building and tenant build-outs. Management allowed me a comfortable amount of autonomy, enabling me to manage the building in a way that my previous experience has shown to be successful.

The hardest and yet one of the most enjoyable parts of the job was creatively thinking of ways to maintain and improve the building with a limited budget. I also enjoyed interacting with the building's tenants.
Exciting, interesting and always learning something new
Lease Analyst (Former Employee) –  Tysons Corner, VAAugust 26, 2018
I enjoyed working for C & W. There was always something going on with new properties, new people and new aspects of the job. I learned to always be open to new ideas and learned to push beyond my comfort zone and accept responsibilities for job descriptions outside my normal. I loved working with individuals throughout the company and expressing my ideas to make jobs easier or listening to others ideas.
Pros
Benefits and accrued time off, ability to work from home
Brokerage
Capital Markets Analyst (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 21, 2018
More cons than pros. Not a professional work environment. Deals made only on connections. Not a great place for intelligent people. Depending on team, you will love or hate it.
Google is our client
ASSISTANT FACILITIES MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAAugust 20, 2018
A typical day is meeting with the client or vendors for projects to be done. Learned how to maintain a budget, schedule projects start to finish and to manage a team.

The hardest part of the job managing the different personalities on the team

The most enjoyable part of the job is the satisfaction of completing a project to the client's satisfaction
Pros
Working on the Google Campus
Assistant (Current Employee) –  PhiladelphiaAugust 16, 2018
The job is nice! Really good place to work honestly. Depends on what group you’re around I guess but I work with a lot of people and they’re all solid human beings.
It's not about your work or professionalism
Assistant Facilities Manager at Google (Former Employee) –  Mountain View, CAAugust 8, 2018
Honestly, if you're with the right team you can possibly have success. There are good people that are part of the account. In reality, on a professional level, it was the most unprofessional team I've worked with in my life. It was like high school, need I say more?
Pros
Free food
Cons
Poor management team, lack off communication and standard business practices
Front Desk Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 6, 2018
Working for them was amazing. I loved the company. Working for them was blessing and I people should love working for them because everyone is a team player
Private Equity destroyed the brand
Managing Director (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 6, 2018
Cushman & Wakefield has gone through multiple incineration since I began working here 7 years ago. In that time there have been 3 owners and 4 CEO's, and we recently went public. In that time the company when from a New York based Real Estate firm with a deep tradition to a faceless company focused on going public.
Great work culture, terrible managment
Team Lead / Senior Research Analyst (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJuly 30, 2018
Great company culture especially job advancement opportunities. However management at all levels and the necessity to please agents/brokers (aka fee earners) prevents proper fairness and evaluations of staff.
Pros
Benefits, Resources, Technology
Cons
Management, Red Tape, Job Evaluations
Enjoy working with the diverse group of people
Assistant Chief Engineer (Current Employee) –  Georgetown, TXJuly 22, 2018
Always something new to learn everyday, enjoy working with our management team. They show that they care about you and support your decisions. The benefits are hard to beat anywhere else. Your given the chance to prove your self and are awarded for your hard work.
Hostile and no leadership
Site Manager (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJJuly 18, 2018
A typical day at work would be going through security first. Security was more in charge of the building than the actual management office. Even if we had different departments security had to meddle with everything else going on, from Customer service all the way down to janitorial. Cushman never believed in second chances.
Pros
coupons
Cons
everything else
Terrific workplace
Property Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 16, 2018
A typical workday for me was starting at 7am getting my crew of 6 men ready for the day. We would do our daily checks of the building, for example, HVAC systems, fire and life safety, to light bulbs. I believe the workplace culture was great. My guys and I worked perfectly together. They were the most enjoyable part of the job. I also enjoyed completing anything that came my way.
Pros
My Crew
Good job
Operations Command Center Supervisor (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 14, 2018
Good opportunity for advancement. Very good pay. However, watch out for management that has a personal vendetta agaist you. Will lied and make up things to get you fired.
Pros
Good advancement and pay
Cons
Not given an opportunity to defend yourself againts false allegations.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cushman & Wakefield. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Diversity score

43out of 100

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Cushman & Wakefield.

Powered by Comparably