CUSTARD INSURANCE ADJUSTERS

CUSTARD INSURANCE ADJUSTERS Employee Reviews

United States64 reviews
Management is changing SOP and Compensation rules without alerting employees in advance. NO discussion at all.Taking money from those who make the money. to benefit the company.
I worked in the Northeast Region - however in the effort of protecting PII, I will say this. By far the WORST manager I have ever worked for. This man single-handedly is by far the worst person I have ever worked with in my career. I have had people lie to me, sure, but this guy wow - he lied at practically everything he told me. On top of it, he didn't give a hoot about what was going on in your personal life. At the end of the day he wanted results. Now I get it, it's business, but employees are treated like dirt here.

Don't believe me, spend 10 minutes reading reviews. The company legit pays people or employees to manipulate their posts here, on glassdoor and other employment websites. They are posted by people in HR or outside consultants. I couldn't get out the door quick enough here.

The people I worked with were awesome, except the training sucks, and they only care about what you do. Be prepared to drop everything and do it for the business no matter what you do. Trust me this company does not care about you, your family or even your well being. Not to mention their practices are significantly outdated. Their pay schedules don't favor the employee, in fact if your boss tells you otherwise, they are lying (I know, big surprise).

They do not have Bonus' unless you work ALL the time, and on calls are awful. You can literally chase truck drivers for 100's of miles, and get reimbursed two pay periods later....yeah it's great. Don't go near this place or if you do - vet your manager/interviewer because trust me the guy in the Northeast, specifically
 - more...
Custard Insurance Adjusters is one of the largest independent loss adjusting companies in the United States. Celebrating more than 50 years of service, we are the largest privately held adjusting company and provide true multi-line service to the continental United States through our company owned branches. We presently serve over 4,000 clients, which include most major trucking companies, self-insureds, municipal entities, foreign and domestic insurance companies and underwriters at Lloyd’s of London.
They unfair, cheep, uncooperative, misunderstanding and quick to judge. Do not under any circumstances consider this company for employment unless you was to be under a microscope and want to be abused.
Horrible company. Poorly managed. The mid Atlantic manager looks and acts like a homeless person. Dishonest immoral. Cheap. Nasty. They will load you up with work and ride you like a pony.
Would you rate your company five stars?
Rate your employer to help people make better career decisions.
This was one of the worse companies I've ever worked for. I worked a contract job with the company and loved the people I worked with. This was a different manager and the job was very misleading and I was very disappointed with Custard Insurance.
The company changes your billing sheets and won’t reimburse you for mileage. Can be stressful bc you’re on call constantly. Assignments aren’t given fairly
I was going thru a situation and wanted to come back. I called them and explain to them why I haven’t been to work. I had excuse notes and everything. I call back and ask to speak to my manager because I really wanted to come back. The person who answered told me he busy to call back later. Then I get a call from the resources group I applied with. I answered and he told me to stop calling them . That they don’t want to speak to me or want me back. I found it rude and disrespectful. As a manager you should be able to take the phone call and see what is going on. I decided to call HR department because after a horrible car accident I wanted to work . This job is very flexible and I never had to pick up boxes or nothing. Those were some of the reasons I wanted to come back . I call HR and explained to them the situation and that I really want to come back to work. Keep in mind I was never late to work and always gave the best customer service. The lady who answered told me contact this number and she would be able to help. I call the number and got no answer so I left a voicemail with my name on it . Then I get a call again from the resource group saying I just got a call again saying your asking for your job back . I’m like so you can’t answer my call but you can call the resource group I found his job thru. I just found it very but very disrespectful and not appropriate. If someone was going thru an emergency and I contact them right away and spoke to my manager on duty and she told me it’s ok just contact me when you can so I can put you back in schedule; then as a company - more...
Smaller, remote offices lack the networking and support training available to the larger offices and corporate environment. It is definitely a “Do as I Say, Not as I Do or as the Client Instructions Request,” environment that lacks consistency; this leads to frustration and confusion, especially when Regional Managers hire untrained and/or incompetent Branch Managers who make a lot of mistakes and try to push off blame on his or her staff This causes easy opportunities for managers to spread low moral among their adjusters and office staff who must endure higher stress in the job and unrealistic expectations because they have nowhere to turn to for HR support and risk getting unduly reprimanded or scoffed at when they try to seek out help
She would call at yell at me daily, send back all my reports, no training, never gave enough work.
Promised me the job and then hired another person to cut my workload in half.

Never able to bill enough.

No one liked her.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at CUSTARD INSURANCE ADJUSTERS?
This place comes off like a very advantageous place to work. Your colleagues are very helpful and supportive, however, leadership is very much a $$$ based place. They do not care about you or your personal life or family life, but their leadership will tell you they do.

They will not tell you all that you have to do in the role - UNTIL you are hired. I would highly suggest that you ask EVERY question you can think of especially if you interview. The work-life balance is non-existent and they expect you to pay, there is no expense keeping it's reimbursement and will make money off you. Many of the support staff are phenomenal people, but I cannot say the same about district or branch management. I would stay away from the NE/MA regions...

On Calls/On-Scenes are DROP EVERYTHING now and do as you are told and guess what they do not care what you are doing at that time.

Also, if you are really interested in this role, understand there are class actions against them/their behaviors and employment practices.

There is a lot of freedom here to do what you need, but be prepared to be micromanaged and treated like dirt if you are not billing adequately
Pros
Teammates
Cons
Money, Management, On-Call/On-Scene
Custard is a great place to work. My team was very supportive and helpful. The job is flexible and laid back. They provided me with everything I needed to succeed
Upper management trets it's employees very poorly. While there I watched several members of management & upper management be accused of unwanted sexual misconduct. I did not witness any but the accusations flew all over the place. They made promises to train employees to further thier careers only to never pay them what they deserve.
This company hired me to work part-time as an Independent Contractor, then they made everyone become full-time employees but stated since we work round-the-clock our time off would not be an issue. We are paid with a draw against our billing, like car salesmen. We have to put our desired time-off in Ultipro, but it doesn't allow you to take the time off. Be advised you are on-call 24/7 unless you request time off. The last time they advised me to use sick leave to get the system to allow time off.

They make terrible contracts with clients that give away 2 hours drive-time & mileage and expect the employee to just do the job.

Now they are trying to shove down a $24/hour for 40 hour work week. But the kicker-they won't pay for overtime & you will be considered Salaried. So why bother? They also have a severe nepotism issue and pick and choose the employees who get to claims which will generate the most billing.
Pros
work from home
Cons
Too many to mention
Worst job experience of all jobs but stuck with this company for 10 years. What a waste.. especially in Tennessee... Management is not truthful and they will tell you how much you will make but deduct that by 50%.
Your ecpe Ted to be expert at everything but pay entry level
It was okay working there. At times you felt somewhat overworked. They overworked their adjusters at times as well. It was all about billing and invoicing clients.
Expect to work 60 hours a week without overtime pay. Lot of driving without being fairly reimbursed for travel or gas. Management is horrible and does not care about employees.
A slow paced environment , you learn how to multitask such as answering calls and entering data at the same time.The management was very friendly never afraid to ask questions. The workplace was overall good to me the hardest part of this job might be the fact that someone constantly was reviewing your work to make sure your progressing.
Pros
Unlimited short paid breaks, daily coffee refills
Cons
30 min lunch
If you want to feel like a valued employee and not a warm body handling claims do not work here. Management is too heavy and the micromanaging is out of control. They make you feel like you like you should work 24/7 and get paid next to nothing. The raises are a joke, even you have a good review.
Cons
I have worked for the company for the over 2 years. The majority of my claims handling is for 3rd party property damage. I do enjoy traveling around Connecticut and Western Massachusetts.
Pros
Flexible work schedule, good employee co-workers
Cons
Constant monthly revenue targets to meet. Not enough vacation time
Custard Insurance Adjuster does not follow the California Labor Laws and are constantly sending threats to their employees about laws that are made up by upper management.

Not a good place to work at all.

The Management team members are very rude and do not care about their employees, they attempt to place as much work on their employees as they can get away with. They do not care about how they treat their adjusters in this company.

The job itself is very manageable, however, the managers are very uncaring and rude to their employees and will never stick up for you in the event of a dispute no matter how much they agree with you. They will never back their claim reps on anything.

This company will try to shorten your paycheck whenever possible so one has to be vigilant
Pros
Cons
working from home
Ask a question about working or interviewing at CUSTARD INSURANCE ADJUSTERS. Our community is ready to answer.
2.8