CUSTARD INSURANCE ADJUSTERS

CUSTARD INSURANCE ADJUSTERS Employee Reviews for Claims Adjuster

Claims Adjuster11 reviews
United States11 reviews
If you have experience and don't have to rely on someone to train you then Custard is a decent company to work for because you will have the opportunity to work independently.
Pros
Work independently
Cons
Not a company to work for if your just starting out as an adjuster.
This place comes off like a very advantageous place to work. Your colleagues are very helpful and supportive, however, leadership is very much a $$$ based place. They do not care about you or your personal life or family life, but their leadership will tell you they do.

They will not tell you all that you have to do in the role - UNTIL you are hired. I would highly suggest that you ask EVERY question you can think of especially if you interview. The work-life balance is non-existent and they expect you to pay, there is no expense keeping it's reimbursement and will make money off you. Many of the support staff are phenomenal people, but I cannot say the same about district or branch management. I would stay away from the NE/MA regions...

On Calls/On-Scenes are DROP EVERYTHING now and do as you are told and guess what they do not care what you are doing at that time.

Also, if you are really interested in this role, understand there are class actions against them/their behaviors and employment practices.

There is a lot of freedom here to do what you need, but be prepared to be micromanaged and treated like dirt if you are not billing adequately
Pros
Teammates
Cons
Money, Management, On-Call/On-Scene
Custard is a great place to work. My team was very supportive and helpful. The job is flexible and laid back. They provided me with everything I needed to succeed
Expect to work 60 hours a week without overtime pay. Lot of driving without being fairly reimbursed for travel or gas. Management is horrible and does not care about employees.
If you want to feel like a valued employee and not a warm body handling claims do not work here. Management is too heavy and the micromanaging is out of control. They make you feel like you like you should work 24/7 and get paid next to nothing. The raises are a joke, even you have a good review.
Care to share?
Help people considering your employer. Share your experience.
Custard Insurance Adjuster does not follow the California Labor Laws and are constantly sending threats to their employees about laws that are made up by upper management.

Not a good place to work at all.

The Management team members are very rude and do not care about their employees, they attempt to place as much work on their employees as they can get away with. They do not care about how they treat their adjusters in this company.

The job itself is very manageable, however, the managers are very uncaring and rude to their employees and will never stick up for you in the event of a dispute no matter how much they agree with you. They will never back their claim reps on anything.

This company will try to shorten your paycheck whenever possible so one has to be vigilant
Pros
Cons
working from home
Beware,
There is a very bad racist element in the building. Watch what you say the walls have ears and if you say something that is not to their liking you will be reprimanded for it even if you are right. the best thing is to not talk and just do your job and DO NOT associate with co workers they act like your friend but beware and be warned.
Pros
flexible time
Cons
racist attitude from coworkers
While at Custard I was a multi line claims adjuster working mostly cargo claims, and also liability and property claims as well as auto claims.

I learned other skills with Custard and was thankful for the knowledge I gained while there.
Pros
A great way of learning all types of adjusting on different kind of claims.
Cons
No benefits
Be careful what you sign up for! Most of the people are great but you must be gung ho for the team and adhere to arduous reporting schedules.Training into the Custard system was almost non existent.
LOTS of uncompensated time for part time claims adjusters and zero benefits.Mileage reimbursement not up to par. Time allowed for billing reports and diary not realistic. There is no room for taking initiative and no authority to settle claims expeditiously.

Custard has gone the way of most claims services and taken the challange and authority away from the adjuster and put it into a computer that has no idea or experience with handling individual insureds, claimants and clients.

Nice people but over structured.
Pros
Employees - Pleasant and Friendly
Cons
No individual authority - Low reimbursement rates
I enjoy coming to work everyday and being able to help others at a time when they have experienced some type of loss.The hardest part is on-site accidents with fatalities.I am pretty much my own boss and have contact with my boss about once a month.My typical day is completing or creating claim reports, providing estimates, or on-site at a property or casualty loss.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at CUSTARD INSURANCE ADJUSTERS?
This is a work from home job that pays well for a part time job.
Pros
the flexablilty allows for time with famiily and/or a second job.
Cons
work pressure due to the 24/7 on call duty for specific clients.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at CUSTARD INSURANCE ADJUSTERS. Our community is ready to answer.
2.8
2.8
2.4
2.4
2.5
2.6
Career recommendations for Claims Adjuster
Explore information on salaries, job satisfaction, skills and more
Popular locations for Claims Adjuster in US