Custom Computer Specialists Employee Reviews

Working at CCS
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Hauppauge, NYFebruary 5, 2019
Working at CCS was average.
Nothing out of the ordinary. Its a small company with average benefits.
Location is desirable and convenient for those who dont wish to commute to the city.
Due to clients, there is a lot of bureaucracy, but the company is good to work for
Network Consultant/ Systems Engineer (Current Employee) –  Long Island, NYJanuary 31, 2019
Custom computer specialist is a company that manages school district technology and data for different clients. especially, school district. I am permanently assign to one of the districts and although the school district has limited funds many times and I am at the Mercy of various departments.
Pros
Sometimes the management at custom take us out to dinner or lunch
Cons
working for a client can be very demanding
micro managing, require perfection
Engineer II (Current Employee) –  Hauppauge, NYDecember 19, 2018
Most management are 'lifers' who have been with the same company or role for over 15-20 years. They are not current and expectations are set extremely high. If you do not set a perfect score within a couple months they ask you to leave. Some employers were asked to take a reduced salary or pay cut. There are no bonuses or raises and the healthcare is super expensive and cover nothing.
Pros
people (workers) are nice
Cons
everything
Seems to have an issue with turnover
Network Engineer (Former Employee) –  Hauppauge, NYSeptember 20, 2018
They seem to loose employees a lot. Turn-over with workforce is common. They don't seem to have much chances for advancement and that can help to kill morale.
Pros
Location, if you live on LI
Cons
Turn-over with workforce is common.
Be careful with Customs
Computer Consultant (Former Employee) –  Fordham, NYJuly 5, 2018
Terrible management.

Barely knowledgeable site managers.

Head of the company travels around the country in race cars causing issues for the in house IT department that will then have to work as his sudo secretary while he is off galavanting. This causes a chain reaction of parts and supplies being ordered slow impacting the customers directly.

If you become sick or hurt there is a high chance instead of assigning a temporary worker they will replace you flat out by removing you from your contract "no matter how many years you've worked there".

This uprooting and uncaring nature of their management and HR department is an unsuitable work place environment for talented technicians.
Cons
No room for promotions or liveable pay. Very low pay for consultants*
Terrible
Contracted IT Customer Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Hauppauge, NYJune 21, 2018
No room for advancement. You get contracted out and Custom makes twice as much as you get paid for your services. They hardly ever communicate with you. Another bad place to work. Look elsewhere
would recommend to friends
Team Leader Warehouse Operations (Current Employee) –  Hauppauge, NYMay 29, 2018
was able to learn a lot here, other employees treated everyone with respect and everyone was easy to get a long with. all together very enjoyable, would recommend.
Did not like working there
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Hauppauge, NYApril 23, 2018
At Custom Computers, I was assigned to be an onsite contractor at Estee Lauder. My management never checked in on me to see if I needed anything. My reviews were never based on the work I did and increases were minimal.
Growing company
On-site Technician (Former Employee) –  Long Island, NYMarch 13, 2018
Compensation is pretty low for the work you do when contracted to a location. Not much opportunity to advance your career while I was with the company. They do motivate you to get certifications though.
work
NOC Technician (Current Employee) –  Hauppauge, NYMarch 12, 2018
work and team was great

lots of activities and work related to things to improve the skill sets of the employees

proper work gear was provided to enhance the job
Loved it!
TEMP (Former Employee) –  Hauppauge, NYFebruary 27, 2018
One of the best places I have EVER worked at, cheerful and fun people to be around with. If I had the option of working their permanently I would. Highly Recommended place to work!
Pros
Food and Pay
Cons
Not a bad company just stressful
Junior Software Developer (Current Employee) –  Lincoln, RIFebruary 22, 2018
i have been here for 3 years and the culture has completely been flipped on its head. We have lost a lot of people and only hired a few to replace. So we all have more hats and tasks to do and it has been stressful this last year for all of us.
Pros
Good people, environment is ok.
Cons
Communication is poor
Negative Atomsphere
SENIOR ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE – HEALTH CARE DIVISION (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, RIJanuary 15, 2018
It was a very negative atmosphere. Bad communication and high turnover. There was no team effort and you needed people from other departments to help in the process. The problem was everyone was so unhappy it lead to a very negative enviroment.
Worked in field
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  New York StateJanuary 10, 2018
See attached resume for more info. Nice place to work. People were pleasant. My assignment was at a City College and I was rarely in the office bit was favorable.
n/a
Service Delivery Manager (Former Employee) –  Hauppauge, NYDecember 6, 2017
Not a place you can feel secure. You always have to look over your shoulder. You get no help from your managers, you are on a island and they do not care.
Great Temporary Position
Web Designer (Former Employee) –  Hauppauge, NYMay 7, 2017
Management was calm and respectful. The work environment was a typical office. Able to gain valuable experience in my field of study over the summer.
Good company
Senior Technician (Former Employee) –  Hauppauge, NYNovember 16, 2016
I liked the company enough to work for them for a little over seven years. The only real problem I had was not being able to advance my career even after obtaining additional certifications/education.
Learning enviornment
Systems Engineer Associate (Current Employee) –  Hauppauge, NYOctober 16, 2016
Great place. Good environment. Great people. I 've been privileged to have exposure to numerous brands in network technology. Very well managed and professional compliant standards. Co workers are helpful with cross sharing technical information. No hard parts in this job because communication is accordingly. Enjoyable because the everyone works as a team!
Pros
Access to cutting edge technology
Cons
Commute very far
Friendly place to work at ease
Member (Current Employee) –  Hauppauge, NYAugust 30, 2016
This company mainly works contracts with the NYC DOE and other educational institutions. Generally it is somewhat laid back as long as work is completed.
Work experience
Associate Systems Engineer l (Former Employee) –  Hauppauge, NYAugust 13, 2016
Great place to work I am not sure if they are still in business but it was a great place to work. allowed you time if you had family problems. help you out with anything you needed.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Custom Computer Specialists. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.2InHerSight Score

3.8Personal Development

3.3Career Opportunities

2.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Custom Computer Specialists Reviews by Location