Custom Ink
75Above average

Custom Ink Employee Reviews

You’re seeing reviews close to Ashburn, VA based on your current location
Not your desired location?
Choose a different one
Ashburn, VA27 reviews
Enjoyable atmoshphere, learned a lot about a small businsess grows
I enjoyed CustomInk for the better part of my 5 year tenure.

I quickly moved up the ladder to become a Production Manager which I found to be challenging yet fun.

I gained a lot of life and business lessons during that time in my life.
Pros
Free Lunches, nice amount of PTO
Cons
young management
Forward thinking company with great emphasis on employee happiness and community connectedness.
Constantly earning recognition as a great place to work, Custom Ink has emerged as a leader in the custom apparel industry. Always striving to be better and do better and do right by their customers and employees. Custom Ink places great value on customer and employee satisfaction with bi-monthly team surveys as well as feedback surveys after every order. Young, thriving, and accepting culture with great perks. Casual yet professional work environment that is ever evolving and never settles.
Pros
Free lunch Thursdays, pumping room for nursing moms, free snacks, monthly events and raffles, annual company holiday party, lots of PL.
Cons
dead-end to continued growth and development
Innovative workplace with great culture
People work here are incredibly friendly and nice to each other. You can always feel like you are surrounded by the most talented people and learn a lot from them.
Great Company
Love working at Custom ink.
Down side commute awful.

Store location are not near my home

So my commute takes 4 hours a day from my home life.

People are very nice.
A small company trying to be big
Custom Ink started out very small and has struggled to maintain that feel while being a large company. The tech in the company has become stagnate, and it's hard to move out of your department if you have an interest in a different role. I love I can wear anything to work, but often it feels like nothing is in control.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Lack luster employees
Do you enjoy working at your company?
Every work experience is unique. Tell us about yours. Rate your employer.
Fun Place to Work!
The atmosphere is fun and the management is great! The work is a bit monotonous but they do a good job of keeping us engaged. We decorate the office for holidays and have catered lunches on Thursdays. We also have free cold brew and froyo!
Fun place to work
Managers are clueless. Fun environment. Lots of unorganized employees across all locations. Lots of young people. Lots of racial discrimination. No real growth opportunities for people of color.
Value determined by commision
Custom Ink in the sales department rewards only employees who are bringing in the most money. In the past it has been about working as a team and collectively moving the company towards success. Now it's much more cut throat and competitive which isn't the kind of atmosphere I personally would like to be involved in.
Pros
free lunch once a week
Cons
reprimanded when 1 min late to work or back from 30 min lunch
Fun place nice people
Atmosphere and people were great, production side of business was kinda stressful a lot of peer checking and reviewing. Everyone was nice but had a slight cut throat under belly.
Pros
Great office and people
Cons
management
Community making T-Shirts
A typical day at work I logistically process orders usually while listening to music. We have a one-on-one meeting a day a week, and a group meeting another day a week. I enjoy the independence of the job. The culture was a sense of community.
CustomInk
As a member of Operations, CustomInk is fast paced. The work is good, but the policies have gone down hill. Where they used to give you freedom as long as you met your production quota, now they micromanage everything. Also, they constantly change the way the productivity based compensation is calculated. Every time it changes, it negatively impacts my pay.
Amazing Work Place
I don't have a bag thing to say. Once your done with training its an amazing place to work for. Free food on special days and great people to work with. If I could move back and work for them again I would.
Pros
Free Lunch I think on Thursdays
Cons
Faced Paced but they prep you for that
CustomInk was great, best job I've ever had
Loved every minute of it, had an interesting job and a great supervisor. I worked remotely which was awesome. They had free lunch once a week at the office, very relaxed, fun atmosphere.
Productive and fun place to work!
The workplace culture at CustomInk is amazing! Everyone is happy to come to work due to the vibrant atmosphere, fun co-workers, and free snacks. Not to mention the catered lunches every Thursday!
Cool and relaxed environment
Great company to work for, I do see the growth in the company.A typical work day for me is coming in early grabbing something small to eat from the cafe and grab the first tech ticket that comes in, go solve and close ticket.The hardest part about the job is getting stomped on a problem that I can't seem to solve, but in the end its more enjoyable to figure out the issue and becoming the hero.
Amazing job and amazing people
Best company to work for in the Northern VA area. Great people, amazing office, and awesome benefits. If I still lived in the area I would for still be there.
Pros
free lunches, omelette day, massages
Cons
busy season hours
Great place to work.
Nothing but great things to say about this company! Great culture, great atmosphere. Treat you like an individual and provide room to grow!

Excellent healthcare and benefits. Competitive wages
Pros
Free lunch, competitive wages, good benefits
Execellent place to work
I love my job and couldn't ask for a more community minded forward thinking innovative company to work for!
My peers area dedicated group that will do all they can to provide excellent customer service each and every time.
Great place to work as a stepping stone!
This is an awesome place to work if you are young and wanting to jumpstart your career. BUT, there are minimal growth opportunities at this time for a more seasoned employee looking to establish a longer term career.
Management across the company is very young, and in many cases inexperienced---Lots of role/organizational changes as a result.

Awesome company culture, but proceed with caution. I really wanted to grow and develop in this company, but it's just not there yet, and there are no definitive pathways laid out for career growth. :(
Pros
Free lunches/ Great cheerful atmosphere/Well stocked snack bar and bathrooms
Cons
Young management/Lack of career growth opportunities
Invigorating Environment
Loved working here, super unique culture. Mosaic district is amazing and customink fits in well with the vibe of it. Liked everyone I worked with.
Pros
Office design, lunches, free food, shirts, culture
Ok to start
no room to advance in the company and very little opportunity. Great first time job to get feet wet in the work place. Wish they had more room to have opportunity and company is becoming very corporate now.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Custom Ink. Our community is ready to answer.
Ratings from women
InHerSight Score
3.7Personal Development
4.0Career Opportunities
3.7Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight