Custom Protective Services Employee Reviews

Fast paced place to work
Concierge / Security (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 3, 2018
What I can say about Custom Protective Services is that if you have never worked in the field of security, this is the perfect place to start. The CPS team is a very professional team that will work with you, and teach you about the security aspects of a job. They will instruct you on your duties, and what the expectations are to satify the clients needs.
Typical security job, nothing special
Corporate Security Officer (Current Employee) –  New York, NY 10017February 15, 2018
Your average security desk job, management and supervisors are friendly, offsite work is available; so you are placed at a location where you would work and perform your duties.
CPS: Great Company
Fire Safety Director (Former Employee) –  DigitasDecember 18, 2017
Very good company. Management is firm yet understanding. Dealt with two account managers and they were fantastic!! Co-workers were also great. We worked very well together.
Pros
Salary, Account Managers, Co-workers
Cons
Field Supervisor was underhandedly not nice, Told him i was leaving...his exact words.."What does that have to do with me?" Exactly like that.
Great site and working environment
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 6, 2017
My work schedule was flexible enough for me to have a work-life balance which allowed me to attend college full time. I was with the company for a number of years and their management style is decent.
Pros
Available overtime, uniform cleaning services, monthly metro cards.
Cons
No union
loved working for cps
Security (Former Employee) –  Torrance, CANovember 29, 2017
I loved this job, it was one of my first jobs and it was just perfect. I was in criminal justice in college so this job was just a taste of what I wanted. really easy job and professional.
Very good environment to work.
Concierge/Lobby Desk (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 25, 2017
Generally the location and environment where I work at is very pleasant. The co-workers and employees are very nice to me. However, Custom Protective Services management are not interested in the well been of the security officer in terms of financial advancement. No annual review of work performances to assess guards. I am disappointed in management.
Pros
Great location to work at.
Cons
No job advancement and higher pay.
all around strong company
Security Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Stamford, CTJuly 21, 2017
this job also helped me when life was rough for me. Nothing but good things to say about this company. If you're lucky to get this job make it work for you.
not bad. the pay could be more better
Security Officer (Full-time) (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 26, 2017
Wouldn't recommend it for someone who has been in security for a long time. but for starters its great. Your own boss and its a laid back non stressful job.
Pros
your own boss
Cons
Pay and salary could be better
horrible management
security guard (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 13, 2017
Don't waste your time with this company. Management is unprofessional & racist and there is a weird asian lady with an attitude at the main NY office.
Pros
u get paid
Cons
racism, waste of time, unorganized management
Good opportunity to build and hone ones workplaces skills.
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 9, 2017
Maintained control and secured HVA High school building/front-desk during and after school. Assisted staff,students and parents in school activities, deterred/ prevented violence and illegal activity on school grounds physically and through camera surveillance. Worked this site by myself full-time and underpaid tremendously.
very strict
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Stamford, CTMay 26, 2017
management is strict but understanding. they are always willing to work with the guard to make a working schedule. all work is done electronically ...
I loved CPS
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Stamford, CTMay 8, 2017
The company had on the job training and different training programs for employees. We worked hard to elevate our skills and knowledge learned by the instructors that came to teach. We grew from officer status to supervisor and that's because our managers were also officers that worked their way up.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
No Cons but Great opportunities as an employee
workplace
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Stamford, CTApril 28, 2017
head boss works with his employees but the management on top of him complains about the stupidest things that make him come down on us... not fair to him
Working at Custom Protective Security
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 26, 2017
I really enjoyed working for this company. The people at the site were kind, friendly, and really made you feel welcomed and part of a team. Not to mention that the pay was great. However, Custom Protective Services did handle certain things really unprofessional. For instance, when the contract was over no one told me anything and the manager that I was in contact with stopped answering my phone calls.
great company
Building Evacuation Supervisor & Fire Guard (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 10, 2017
great company, with awesome management and staff, I would recommend this company to anyone who has the desire to work as a security professional
Too much stupid building politics
Fire Safety Director (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 8, 2017
No support from the company's upper management. The trifling building politics superceed everything. There is the stinking scent of racism at many of their sites, reinforced by building site managers and non diversified building staff. The company is at the mercy of the site management, and will throw an employee "under the bus" in the blink of an eye. If you are a decent person, do not work for Custom Protection Security.
Pros
Decent salary
Cons
The company views employees as disposable as used toilet paper.
Inappropriate Business Practices
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  ManhattanOctober 12, 2015
This business does not review online submissions. They'll contact anybody who applies even if they are not deemed "not qualified" for the job. Ultimately it wastes the time and resources of the potential candidates who come in expecting to be hired - and are regrettably turned away. Salaries are very low for the amount of experience they require.
Pros
Located in Manhattan
Cons
Low salary, no diversity in their main office.
Good company to work for
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Torrance, CAJune 22, 2015
Not everyday is the same.
The hardest part of the job is when you are scheduled to be by yourself.
When you are scheduled special events is the best part of the job.
N/a
Security Gaurd (Current Employee) –  Stamford CTJune 7, 2015
Fair, great environment. Really relaxed tenants, A typical day at work. I learn a lot about emails, Theres no hard parts to this job at all. The most part I enjoy is greeting the visitors that come in for their interviews.
Calm and Easy
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Chatsworth, CAMay 13, 2015
Very calm and easy job. Management is friendly, very flexible scheduling. Working late hours can be a problem with school but it's not too bad.
Pros
Flexible Scheduling
Cons
No pay raise