Custom Protective Services Employee Reviews

positive environment
Front Desk Clerk (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 11, 2018
Custom Protective Services provides an environment that is conducive to work in. Management is always hands on yet they do an impeccable job not micromanaging. Working for this company has taught me the importance of relating with people.
Pros
free lunch on friday
Cons
medical, dental and life insurance
Its security
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CASeptember 10, 2018
Where you work can have a big impact on if you like the job or not. They send you to a location where they need you but no one says it will be the same.
Very stressful working there.
Concierge / Front Desk (Former Employee) –  Stamford, CTSeptember 10, 2018
It was fine working there but the culture/environment was unfair. The expectation level was out of this world. There was no room for errors. There were way too many write ups for no legit reasons.
Pros
Two breaks. One for 15 minutes and another for half an hour
Cons
Write ups
It’s a security job
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 7, 2018
It’s a good job for someone who is going to school and working. How the job is completely depends on where they put you. Some building are more relaxed than others.
Pros
It’s a relatively easy job
Cons
Benefits aren’t too good
Great opportunity
Armed Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Newark, NJAugust 3, 2018
Custom Protective was a great company to work for when I was presently working there,The pay was outstanding for the task at hand.The owner was the type of person if you had a problem he was hands on and tried to resolve any issues.
Relaxed but consistent weekend hours
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Camarillo, CAMay 20, 2018
Typical day starts off with you being notified of the time and place of work. Once you arrive you sign in with the managers of the intended work place. You then walk around the area inspecting exits, and watching out for theft, or banned items from the theater such as guns, knives, or any other banned items. When a problem arises you quickly notify management without taking direct action. Once your shift ends you sign out with management and send in a copy of the sign in sheet to your supervisor.

The good thing about this job is you get to choose when you get to take your breaks, also you don't have to sign in and out for lunch, because the company pays your lunch break. You also get to watch some of the new movies when the lobby is not to terribly busy.

About the main negative thing i would say is the lack of hours available, due to this job being primarily a weekend job. Also their is no real fast way of advancing with in the company unless the guy over you retires and most guys tend to stay with the company even if they don't work all the time.
Pros
payed lunch breaks, watch some movies
Cons
limited hours
Fast paced place to work
Concierge / Security (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 3, 2018
What I can say about Custom Protective Services is that if you have never worked in the field of security, this is the perfect place to start. The CPS team is a very professional team that will work with you, and teach you about the security aspects of a job. They will instruct you on your duties, and what the expectations are to satify the clients needs.
Typical security job, nothing special
Corporate Security Officer (Current Employee) –  New York, NY 10017February 15, 2018
Your average security desk job, management and supervisors are friendly, offsite work is available; so you are placed at a location where you would work and perform your duties.
CPS: Great Company
Fire Safety Director (Former Employee) –  DigitasDecember 18, 2017
Very good company. Management is firm yet understanding. Dealt with two account managers and they were fantastic!! Co-workers were also great. We worked very well together.
Pros
Salary, Account Managers, Co-workers
Cons
Field Supervisor was underhandedly not nice, Told him i was leaving...his exact words.."What does that have to do with me?" Exactly like that.
Great site and working environment
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 6, 2017
My work schedule was flexible enough for me to have a work-life balance which allowed me to attend college full time. I was with the company for a number of years and their management style is decent.
Pros
Available overtime, uniform cleaning services, monthly metro cards.
Cons
No union
loved working for cps
Security (Former Employee) –  Torrance, CANovember 29, 2017
I loved this job, it was one of my first jobs and it was just perfect. I was in criminal justice in college so this job was just a taste of what I wanted. really easy job and professional.
Very good environment to work.
Concierge/Lobby Desk (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 25, 2017
Generally the location and environment where I work at is very pleasant. The co-workers and employees are very nice to me. However, Custom Protective Services management are not interested in the well been of the security officer in terms of financial advancement. No annual review of work performances to assess guards. I am disappointed in management.
Pros
Great location to work at.
Cons
No job advancement and higher pay.
all around strong company
Security Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Stamford, CTJuly 21, 2017
this job also helped me when life was rough for me. Nothing but good things to say about this company. If you're lucky to get this job make it work for you.
not bad. the pay could be more better
Security Officer (Full-time) (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 26, 2017
Wouldn't recommend it for someone who has been in security for a long time. but for starters its great. Your own boss and its a laid back non stressful job.
Pros
your own boss
Cons
Pay and salary could be better
horrible management
security guard (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 13, 2017
Don't waste your time with this company. Management is unprofessional & racist and there is a weird asian lady with an attitude at the main NY office.
Pros
u get paid
Cons
racism, waste of time, unorganized management
Good opportunity to build and hone ones workplaces skills.
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 9, 2017
Maintained control and secured HVA High school building/front-desk during and after school. Assisted staff,students and parents in school activities, deterred/ prevented violence and illegal activity on school grounds physically and through camera surveillance. Worked this site by myself full-time and underpaid tremendously.
very strict
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Stamford, CTMay 26, 2017
management is strict but understanding. they are always willing to work with the guard to make a working schedule. all work is done electronically ...
I loved CPS
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Stamford, CTMay 8, 2017
The company had on the job training and different training programs for employees. We worked hard to elevate our skills and knowledge learned by the instructors that came to teach. We grew from officer status to supervisor and that's because our managers were also officers that worked their way up.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
No Cons but Great opportunities as an employee
workplace
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Stamford, CTApril 28, 2017
head boss works with his employees but the management on top of him complains about the stupidest things that make him come down on us... not fair to him
Working at Custom Protective Security
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 26, 2017
I really enjoyed working for this company. The people at the site were kind, friendly, and really made you feel welcomed and part of a team. Not to mention that the pay was great. However, Custom Protective Services did handle certain things really unprofessional. For instance, when the contract was over no one told me anything and the manager that I was in contact with stopped answering my phone calls.