Custom Truck One Source Employee Reviews

Great Company to Work for.
Crane Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLOctober 1, 2019
Overall its a good company. They are constantly working to improve morale. The company regularly has cookouts & catering to thank employees for their work.
Pros
Great Variety of Work, Job Security, Good Benefits
Cons
There is always going to be "that guy" wherever you go.
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Humble, TXOctober 1, 2019
A lot of work for a little pay! Management changes schedules with last minute notice. Company pays for you to go to different training classes all over the states
I would bet that the entire company was in the mob.
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Odessa, TXSeptember 11, 2019
Loved my job at first and then realized it was being undermined by the rental coordinator in the office that didn't like that I knew how to do her job.
Poor Management
Upfit technician (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHAugust 27, 2019
If your looking for a job where the general management is non existent unless they have to correct an issue. Regular in house management is constantly late. Right hand and left hand do not communicate on the daily, weekly or monthly goals. Regulation and process change weekly. But the pay was great. Free lunches all the time. One manager actually thought you get melanoma from eating bad melons!
Pros
Free lunches, free certifications
Cons
Constant changing of hours.
You can almost forget you're underpaid
AP Clerk (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJuly 29, 2019
There are so many wonderful people working around me and there are good benefits. But the entire time I've worked here, I've been paid way less than someone who does my job should, and expected to do way more than my job position would suggest.
best place i'v ever worked
logistics Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 28, 2019
Custom Truck One source is a grate place to work for. this company us family orientated and they really try to accommodate their workers. I started at this company in Denver and has now taken me to Florida.
Absolutely love it
Service writer (Current Employee) –  Odessa, TXJuly 6, 2019
One of the best jobs I’ve ever had. Great environment with friendly people. It’s like another family. They welcomed me from the moment I started. If you’re doing your job then you will have no issues. If you slack off this isn’t the place for you.
Great Culture
Accounts Payable Specialist (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJuly 4, 2019
Great company to work, I have learned lot when I was working for Account Payable team. Great Culture, people are very friendly and able to help when you need the most
Pros
Great Culutre
Stressful
Acct. Mgr (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJune 28, 2019
If you are not in their click and do not kiss butt, this company is not for you. A lot of backstabbers and liars from upper management down. To bad the owner of the company doesn't know that his upper management team is giving the company a bad name. Many of their past customers are not happy with their business practices and know of their inner company politics.
Pros
Cons
Too many to mention
Good and Growing Company
Technical Lead/Solution Designer (Current Employee) –  Kansas, MOMay 27, 2019
- It is a growing company but lack IT vision. Biggest challenge is people and processes. IT management takes decisions very abruptly by passing architects
Culture is what you put into it
Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMay 14, 2019
I am in a management position, I have been here a few years and enjoy my job
I manage service technicians 20 plus, I can't speak for all managers on campus, but I like creating an atmosphere that my guys want to come to work.
Safety is #1 I want everyone to go home with what they came to work with. Yes its work and yes we work a lot of hours, but we have a fun doing it
We buy lunches and do cookouts, have holiday gatherings, or an occasional potluck, but that is not what our Culture is about,
Its about creating a Product that is the best on the market built by our hands, serviced for our customer, and safe to operate.
I have worked my whole life for the position I am in, I wouldn't want to work anywhere else, It's not about the pay, its good but that's not why I want to work here, Its about PRIDE its why every time I have the chance to give a family member or friend a tour I jump at the chance, its about the Pride I have working here
Come work for me and feel that Pride too.
Pros
Culture culture culture, People, Pay, Pto, Benefits
Cons
If you think hard work and great people are a con than IDK what to tell you
My Experience
Parts Manager (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLApril 19, 2019
Custom Truck One Source was a great company to work for. During my time there I went through various manager training. The company implemented structure and organization.
Pros
Work Environment
Cons
Work/life balance
Poor supervisor
Shop Foreman (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMarch 1, 2019
Total lack of cooperation from parts department. No support from manager or department office staff. No consistency from direct manager, told something one day, something totally different the next.
ok to get started
Inside Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJanuary 23, 2019
No room for advancement. Promote from outside company, Pay seems to be on low side. management seem more interested in keeping the status quo instead of making sure things run properly, management ignores suggestions
Great starting job for someone qho is willing and wanting to learn.
Assembly Technician (Current Employee) –  Forest, VANovember 14, 2018
I've had a great time learning about how to build trucks and how they work. There are a lot of opportunities to learn how to build.
Upper management does not work greatly with one another. There are a select few supervisors and managers that are fantastic to work with. Can be a great team working environment, but not everyone thinks the same.
Pros
4 days a week, 10 hour shifts, plenty of overtime; Time-and-a-half
Cons
Short breaks, misscommunication, and have to buy your own tools
Run Away While You Still Can!
Senior Staff Accountant (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MONovember 8, 2018
They promise you a lot in the beginning and do not come through with what you signed up for. The legacy owners are horrible and blame everyone else for their mistakes.

You WILL NOT receive proper direction or the tools for the job, regardless of the position. Oh, and the shop manager will yell at you and have a fit like a five year old.
Pros
None that I can think of
Cons
Has regressed to a family owned business.
Pay raises are a joke and management is terrible you have no life
Assmbler (Former Employee) –  Lynchburg, VASeptember 18, 2018
Everything about this place is a joke everyone is scared to death of the president and no room for growth and no opportunity for more raises once you top out that’s it definitely not a healthy place to work no organization at all and the managers are completely lost
Cons
Terrible company major turn around rate
Two-faced culture with no work life balance.
Parts Associate (Former Employee) –  Humble, TXAugust 16, 2018
Before this company merged, it was a good place to work, but the management culture changed significantly when they changed to their current location. A normal day here means you do what Management says or else. Everyone at this company lives in fear of the GM and it trickles down to every position. when this company wants you gone, they will invent reasons to get rid of you. Leaving this company was a huge relief for me personally. This was not an emotionally healthy workplace, and management couldn't care less about their employees. Employees are so worried about their jobs that they will literally lie to management to gain favor with them over someone else. Custom Truck One Source is not a good place to work. Decent pay and benefits is not worth being miserable every day of your life.
Pros
Decent pay, 401(k) matching healthcare
Cons
horrible management culture, miserable employee experience
Empty promises, lower pay, you are a number to the company
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJuly 7, 2018
Too many promises and nobody to deliver. Not a terrible place to work but be prepared for BS excuses as to why they cannot pay more. The coworkers were decent but really lacked management and structure. We worked it asked to stay late and if you had a life outside of working there it was frowned upon. I would not personally come back here to work nor would recommend working here.
Pros
cookouts, floating holidays, good benefits
Cons
couldnt have a life outside of work, if work was slow you would be asked to go home, pay raises were a joke.
Fast Past Learning Environment
Continuous Improvement Engineer (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJuly 2, 2018
For an individual who is willing to learn how to quickly advance in any industry, this company can show you the means how to do so. On a day to day basis we would learn how to find a commentators weakness and go after it.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Custom Truck One Source. Our community is ready to answer.

Custom Truck One Source Reviews by Location