Customer Direct LLC Employee Reviews

Fast paced and informal workplace
Technical Support Technician (Former Employee) –  Saint Ann, MOMarch 25, 2019
Troubleshooting wifi networks for hotel guests as well as residential apartment spaces. Ticketing as well as incident management including and up to resolution.
Cons
Poor scheduling
Current employee
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Clarksville, TNFebruary 7, 2019
The job is easy and you will eventually be crossed trained and working for more than one client. They do not provide the equipment but all you need is wifi, a headset and a computer. The pay is decent, upper managment skills need imporvment but my direct supervisor is awesome.
Pros
At home
Cons
Pay
Find Something Else
Customer Care Agent (Former Employee) –  MOJanuary 16, 2019
At first I worked at their office when it was in Chesterfield. Employees were not happy. There was a lot of favoritism. Extremely high turnover rate. Like others have said, they sent people home when work was slow so no steady income.When I moved to working from home I was responsible for providing most of my own equipment, like a computer that met their standards. There were a couple of specific company items I had to get from them that I had to pay a deposit. I did get that back on my final check after I turned the equipment back in. You also have to pay for a phone line which meant I had to pay to get a landline installed and make the monthly payment to the phone company. Half of the time the system would not let me log in and I would spend a lot of time trying to get it to work. That meant I would have to start early so I could be sure to be shown as logged in on time.There were a lot of system software and hardware problems. I asked for help from tech department and nobody would give me any help. The pay was low so not worth the stress. I quit.
Pros
Work from home
Cons
No support; low pay; work hours not guaranteed
Only company's bottom line is considered. Employees work/life balance is not important.
Customer Care Specialist/ Guest Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJanuary 10, 2019
Work schedule and hours are not always consistent. On any day you could possibly be sent home after a couple of hours.
Quota for overnight employees is expected to be the same as quota for day time employees.
Cons
Short breaks
Go somewhere else
Customer Sevice Agent (Former Employee) –  Saint Ann, MONovember 27, 2018
Hours are inconstant. They will hire you for 40 hrs but knock you down to 30 or so. On top of that they will let you go early some days. You can use paid time off (if you have it) to supplement being let go early but not if they don't schedule you for those hours. They will also make you work a weekend day, sat or sun and wont let you have 2 days off in a row. If you have kids, that's tough trying to get things done or spend time with family.
Pros
Working from home
Cons
Short work hours, no sick leave, working every weekend, too many accounts to learn and use, possible lay off
unorganized
rep (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MONovember 7, 2018
The company sounded great in the beginning, so they suckered you in. Rules change at drop of a hat. Things that you needed help with took to long to resolve while having a caller on hold. Only good thing about job was working at home. Now people are being layed off, unless your a favorite. Not a recommended job.
Pros
work from home
Cons
everything
Not a dependable source of income
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Saint Ann, MOOctober 23, 2018
You are sent home if the call volume is low.
Too much favoritism.
Mandatory weekend shift for all employees.
It's hard to get a weekend off, you can not use vacation for a weekend.
Supervisors are very critical, petty and micro managers.
Agent (Current Employee) –  St Ann, MoOctober 5, 2018
The supervisors are very critical and reminds me of my high school days when you disagree with one supervisor, then the others take sides. Just like adolescents in high school.

If the supervisors were properly trained, or had the natural inclination to encourage staff, it would be a really great place to work. If upper management were to demand better from the supervisors, maybe the working conditions would improve.

Supervisors would be more effective if they were trained on how to accentuate positive along with constructive criticism.
Pros
Part-time hours available
Cons
Lack of properly trained supervisors, Risk of being set-up to get fired by supervisors.
Work from home is a great option
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOAugust 23, 2018
I enjoy working from home. This is the type of employment that works well if you are customer service driven. They focus on customer service with sales and service levels agents complete.
Poor management
Teir 2 Call Center Agent (Former Employee) –  Saint Ann, MOAugust 21, 2018
The turnover rate is high because of the poor management. There are people who are more focused on firing you than training and advancing you. I had a second job as my mom's caregiver, as she needs a liver and a kidney transplant. They added a rule in their attendance policy saying that parent emergencies aren't excused, but kid emergencies were excused.
Pros
10 minute paid breaks every 2 hours great owner and ops manager.
Cons
Micromanagment, playing favorites
just horrible
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Saint Ann, MOAugust 7, 2018
They lied from the beginning. I had to threaten to quit after training because it was supposed to be work at home and they changed their stories.

They micro-manage everything including you having to tell them when you went to the bathroom.

I had to use my PTO to make up for the hours they shorted me, so I could not use them for time off.
Pros
not a thing
Cons
short breaks, micro management, horrible supervisors
Worst job ever
Call Agent/Tech Support (Former Employee) –  Saint Ann, MOAugust 6, 2018
The training is horrible, their trainers crash learn new accounts, only getting the material the night before they themselves have to train a class. They're very unorganized, and as a business take on more accounts then they can handle.
Only great for the first month then becomes a joke.
Agent/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  MissouriJune 14, 2018
The job seems like a dream come true. Then you get done with training and it still seems pretty great and the schedule is just how you want. After about 1-2 months it becomes a nightmare. You never get a weekend off even after requesting it ahead of time. The schedule is never consistent to try to plan your life around and their point system is a joke. They do not honor medical leave or Dr's notes. The supervisors are never available when needed to further assist customers and you are expected to only help customers to the minimum and get them off the phones. Then once you're reaching your 90 days, they will start to schedule you in 10 hr shifts daily and you're lucky if you get one day off a week. They believe working got them should be all your life consists of. They also advertise on their webpage that you get 3 weeks paid vacation "from the get go" and that's a complete lie as well.
Pros
decent pay
Cons
Management, hours, pto, No medical leave, no consistency in any aspect
Poor management
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  St. Ann, MODecember 27, 2017
When I worked there management was completely cut throat! Directors would tell the lower level employees what they wanted to hear, but would tell their supervisors completely different orders. They do not care about you or your life. They pay is OK.
Pros
Pay is ok.
Cons
Management, and poor leadership
DON'T do it!
Agent (Current Employee) –  St. Ann, MOJuly 13, 2017
I got a job here and was lied to from the beginning. The pay is 11 dollars not 12! The management is terrible and they are constantly looking for a way to fire people. The old farts who have been working there forever hang up on customers all the time and still have their job meanwhile a customer said that my coworker hung up on him and she was fired immediately. When in actuality the supervisor was not at the desk where the call was transfered to ,which is normal if the morning sup is working. I've also had 3 different supervisors since I've worked there and haven't even made my 90 days yet. So that should tell you something. I wish I would have known what I was getting into before I took this job. But oh well back to my old job I go. Again I say do NOT do it!
Pros
Overtime
Cons
Management, point system and environment
Micro management is tolerated here
customer service (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOApril 28, 2017
if you think micromanagement is an okay way to deal with employees or if you think that micromanagement is a myth created by a bunch of whiners, then you might be okay. But if you are a person that comes in with your own pre-conceived ideas of what good customer service is or have been in any other customer service position with your own style and ethics, do not apply here.

The schedules also change drastically on a weekly basis so it's impossible to plan your life around work.
Pros
The customers, If you are lucky and don't have a micro managing sup, it's not half bad.
Cons
10 minute breaks, micro management
Not what I thought it would be.
Custom Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Saint Ann, MOApril 14, 2017
It starts off good, but then you get out on the floor after a little bit of training. Management can be very rude. I started off with a script and it was changed 3 times in 3 months. Breaks are ten minutes. Good environment of people to work with but management is terrible.
Pros
Overtime is offered
Cons
Short breaks, management
fun and productive
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  chesterfieldDecember 10, 2016
fun group of people, ample opportunity to advance and great perks and rewarding career.good leadership appreciates their employees and shows such appreciate through a number of bonuses.
Learned a great deal of skills for server management
Systems Administrator (Former Employee) –  Chesterfield, MOSeptember 19, 2014
I was able to work my way up from a standard employee and was ultimately a system administrator before I was let go. I learned a great deal while working for Customer Direct. The work place was always fun and shared by many young people.
Pros
Co-Workers
Cons
Very high demand for constant uptime.
Flexible work hours
Reservations Agent (Former Employee) –  Chesterfield, MOJanuary 22, 2014
Offered the opportunity to work with serveral different properties in different areas
Open 24 hours 7 days a week
Pros
Work from home option after 90 days
Cons
Compensation, Travel