Cutchins Programs for Children and Families, Inc. Employee Reviews

Was decent at first
Family Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Northampton, MAJuly 11, 2018
Spent several years dedicating my time to this program. As my time went on they started getting far more aggressive and dangerous youths. They failed to evolve with the change of clients which resulted in a much more dangerous work environment that had burnt out long time staff and made it difficult to keep new staff. A lack of respect between most upper management towards the staff. Some of which frequently needed treatment from urgent care for injuries received. With the lack of changes I see the children and staff leaving Cutchins with more trauma then when they arrived. Another example of a human services organization forgetting that its human's providing the service's.
Pros
Cheap benefits, fair amount of time off
Cons
No breaks for evening staff, pay, environment, management
Fun place to work
Milieu Counselor (Former Employee) –  Northampton, MAMay 30, 2018
It could be stressful as one was never sure how the day would go. But, co-workers were always there to help. It was hard seeing the lives some of the kiddos had lived but it was a celebration as they were able to graduate from the program
I was an intern
Milieu Counselor Intern (Former Employee) –  Three Rivers, MAOctober 29, 2017
From being an intern there the staff treated you fairly and accepted you like one of their own. I had to be taught by doing but I learned fast and love working with kids
Cutchins
Family Support Counselor, Three Rivers Program (Former Employee) –  26 ridgewood terrace, Springfield, MaSeptember 26, 2017
I worked hands on with children who have extreme emotional and behavioral issues. the job consisted of monitoring behavior and correcting things when needed. If a child had a blow out and we needed to restrain then we would do so.
Pros
good expreience
Cons
seeing the children suffer from issues that were not their fault.
Easy-going work place. Great staff.
Family Care Staff (Former Employee) –  Northampton, MAAugust 27, 2016
Had a lot of fun working at Cutchins. Benefits were great and the work days were very easy-going. You're working with children with mental trauma and some with aggression. But at the end of the day, you know you're job is to help them move on to a normal lifestyle.
Hours are great. Pay could be more, but overall, a very good experience.
Pros
Working with kids, time off benefits, staff, easy-going, hours are great
Cons
Pay rate.
Low pay, high stress, high unmanageable workload
Director of Human Resources (Current Employee) –  Northampton, MAJuly 8, 2016
Low pay, high stress, high unmanageable workload. Only one decision maker in the entire organization. Favoritism is rampant. Morale is extremely low.
Pros
health insurance and free lunches
Cons
everything else
Great Company and Co-Workers
Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Northampton, MAJanuary 13, 2016
I have very much enjoyed the opportunity to work here. Myself and my coworkers are typically very busy and each person works hard to fulfill all projects on time.