Cuyahoga Community College Employee Reviews

4.4
Ratings breakdown
Adjunct faculty and lecturers are dispensable
Adjunct Lecturer (Former Employee) –  Highland Hills, OHJune 13, 2018
People hired in the tenure-track path are on another trajectory than adjuncts or lecturers -- they get plenty of support from colleagues and the union no matter how green they are when hired. Administrators have bountiful salaries. Adjunct faculty may subsist on 3K per course for a while. But do not delude yourself. You won't thrive. Courses will fill and be given to full-timers whose courses don't fill. As a part-timer: No one will care when/if you leave or you pass on to another job or you end up with a problem students. You certainly won't grow here unless through your own effort. It is basically like working on a silent stage, helping students, being there to encourage students, then walking off. No support, no caring, no compassion if you hit difficulties coupled with no recognition if you're great at helping students gain confidence. It's like a clique, really, and some of us are never let in. Perhaps if a special manager takes an interest in you: You will be that exception.
Pros
Some great students
Cons
No support for advancement
I was a part-time instructor
R.N. Clinical Instructor (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJune 4, 2018
Nursing Instructor for clinical area Med-Surgical area for two quarters responsible for instruction of 8-10 students in an acute care setting and Long term Care facility
Pros
great teaching environment
Cons
only as needed basis
A nice student job
Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Parma, OHMay 22, 2018
Work was excellent. Everybody worked together well and got along great. A very fun environment. Weather could make it difficult at times, but you managed.
Great Place...
Laboratory Technician (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMay 21, 2018
Loved this job and would have liked to stay on full time...people were fantastic to work with...did and learned something new every day. Wish they would have asked me to stay....
Offers diverse expereince
Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMay 13, 2018
Great place to gain valuable academic experience, and offers a great work/life balance. Opportunities across all campuses exist, and this is a company that encourages growth and advancement
Pros
Flexible work times
Cons
Salary
Positive environment
English as a Second Language (ESL) instructor (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMay 6, 2018
Tri-C has made positive changes over the past five years such as providing training workshops for adjuncts with possibility of being paid. Teaching and interacting with students is the best part of the job. Low pay for adjuncts is the worst.
tri c
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHApril 28, 2018
the work environment was quite boring. manager was stuck in her office all day. people were friendly that worked there. quick easy money. i would recommend if you like sitting behind a desk.
It's a great place to attend school and work overall.
Writer/Editor-in-Chief (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHApril 21, 2018
There's a lot of intelligent people there that's willing and excited to help you. If you do what is expected of you, give your all, you will succeed and achieve all of your goals.
Flexible Environment
GED Instructor (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHApril 16, 2018
Tri-C has a growing campus that seeks to become a premier campus, in my opinion. I believe they are going through growing pains but will be a better organization and institute for learning when their vision and goals match their clientele's diverse needs.
Pros
Co-workers, facility, relative stress level
Cons
job insecurity
Great Part Time Job
Sign Language Interpreter (Former Employee) –  Parma, OHApril 5, 2018
My day and work hours depended on the number of deaf students that required an interpreter. The hardest part of the job was having a full scheduled at the beginning of the semester then the students dropping classes and you had no work, The most enjoyable part of the job were the students.

Want to know more about Cuyahoga Community College?

Ask a question
Very exciting place to work with a collaborative staff and faculty.
Student Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHApril 2, 2018
I was part of a work-study employment program at Cuyahoga Community College while I was pursuing my Associate of Liberal Arts degree. I was never fired from the job; I graduated in December 2015, thus, my employment was terminated.
Pros
Education
The people keep you there
Program Manager for Respiratory Therapy (Former Employee) –  Parma, OHMarch 20, 2018
Your peers (and students) are the main things that keep you there and make it worth while to continue on, year after year. The benefits were unsurpassed in any job I previously held.
Pros
Fun people
Cons
Working, learning and teaching at one location
Childrens Learning Center Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMarch 7, 2018
Wonderful experience working and teaching children. Seeing the children being amazed at what they could do. Watching their minds working to create items in art. Seeing children from different cultures mingle and share ideas, toys and playtime. Learning ways to calm difficult children at naptime and storytime.
Pros
The love received from these innocent children
Cons
parents who picked their children up late
An excellent place to work
Learning Commons Support Technician (Former Employee) –  Highland Hills, OHMarch 3, 2018
People don't really ever quit Tri-C and now I see why. I was hired part-time for a Learning Commons Support Technician job and it was extremely easy but I truly enjoyed working for the organization.
Stimulating seminars
Adjunct Faculty, Mathematics (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHFebruary 11, 2018
It was very pleasant to be an adjunct faculty member teaching algebra and statistics to college students. I enjoyed preparing detailed classroom notes for students to illustrate the daily content we were covering. Students were very appreciative of my efforts.
Pros
Higher mathematics
Student Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Brunswick, OHFebruary 2, 2018
Cuyahoga Community College was a great learning experience while I was going to school. I learned a lot about interactions with the public and how to work as a team.
Pros
Allowed to work around my school schedule.
Cons
It was only part-time
Very laid back
Teacher's Aide (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJanuary 2, 2018
Everyone that I worked with was very smart and it was cool seeing the technology that people worked with on a daily basis. So cool helping those people out.
Friendly Enviroment
Online Learning and Academic Technology Internship (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHDecember 11, 2017
As an intern everyone was very friendly and helpful. The environment is relaxed but the workload will keep you busy. I maintained information on the servers and I never had a problem communicating with other employees.
Learning experience
Campus Security Officer/Intl Student (Former Employee) –  Cleveland/Parma, OhioDecember 9, 2017
First time working in a male dominated environment. You can either man up or run away. I manned up and learned how to survive without being confrontational.
Pros
Educationa environment
Cons
Retalitory assignments
Two levels of management with very different styles
Adjunct Faculty (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHDecember 4, 2017
Contradictory job culture. Individual work units were generally congenial and collaborative. District administration was arbitrary and adversarial tried to run a non-profit like a business. Not always successful

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cuyahoga Community College. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

4.0InHerSight Score

4.1Personal Development

4.6Career Opportunities

3.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight