Cuyahoga Community College Employee Reviews

Beautiful experience
Peer Advocate (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHDecember 4, 2018
A great place to start getting your education to help meet your career needs. Would suggest anyone just beginning to start off there much opportunity and staff is great
Pros
Flexible
Proposal-Based Program
Instructor, Senior Adult Education (Current Employee) –  Parma, OHNovember 30, 2018
Because of the nature of the program, I do not have enough information to make/answer any of your questions. Program ran on a proposal-basis. I worked 12 hours for 2 semesters. I have no other information to share.
Pros
Free parking
Cons
No consistent work hours
Great atmosphere
Professor of Graphic Design (Current Employee) –  Parma, OH 44130November 20, 2018
Tri-C is very supportive of their employees. It's a very nurturing environment. People really care about the success of the students, and therefore, the instructors.
Pretty good place to work.
Media Technician (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHOctober 31, 2018
I worked here so long it was like family. We had our ups and downs, but I felt each day as though I was coming home, not going to work. My job became no longer relevant so I retired.
Network Support Specialist Training Program (400 contact hours)
Student Never Employed Here (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHOctober 26, 2018
Network Support Specialist Training Program (400 contact hours)

Comp Tia A+ (62 contact hours) - IT Essentials: PC Hardware and Software
CCNA (92.5 contact hours) - Interconnecting Cisco Networking Devices
CCNA-W (45.5 contact hours) - Implementing Cisco Unified Wireless Networking Essentials
Mastered Program Competencies and Trained to:
* Assemble, install, troubleshoot and repair PC’s utilizing diagnostic software
* Install, configure and operate route and switched networks
* Implement and verify connections to remote sites in a wide area network (WAN)
Not concerned with employees just profit
Physician Assistant Program Assistant (Former Employee) –  Parma, OHOctober 23, 2018
Not concerned if employees as able to live from the salary and do not give adequate raises, if any at all.

Management is not trained in supervising diverse cultures which causes low employee morale.
poor quality work environment
Camp Counselor/Choreographer (Former Employee) –  Parma, OHSeptember 24, 2018
I only worked a summer theater camp for about 6 weeks over the summer, but it was very poorly organized, no sense of management, and poor attitudes from other staff members.
Great Pay, Decent Work, Poor Moral
Building Service Worker (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHSeptember 18, 2018
Daily workload is moderate with no micro-management.
Pace is slow & vibe is monotone.
Students great, staff not so friendly to other staff.
70% Staff attitude- Don't bother me I am here to earn a paycheck until I retire, that's it.
Pros
Good Pay, Relaxed, Union
Cons
Low moral, no teamwork, poor management
Clinical Instructor Nursing
ADJUNCT CLINICAL NURSING INSTRUCTOR (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHSeptember 8, 2018
Enjoyed working with and coaching students. Great work life balance. Supportive management. Offered tools and support to enhance clinical learning.
Will Increase Your Workplace Confidence
EVENT PLANNER ASSISTANT (INTERNSHIP) (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHSeptember 3, 2018
When working for Cuyahoga Community College as a paid intern, the most important skill that I left with that I did not have before, was the ability to hold my own in stressful-serious situations. Especially when around superiors that outranked me. Learning how to hold my head high and be the best at what I was there to do. You can tell that your supervisors care about your personal success!
Pros
Long Lunch Breaks
Cons
n/a
This college is a joke
Student Worker (Part-time) Student Ambassor (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHAugust 24, 2018
The college campus is full with depressed people. The students are disrespectful and verbal abusive . The Dean of metro campus doesn’t handle the students complaints. My daughter is currently being bullied by students on campus.
good school overall
LPN Student (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHAugust 20, 2018
not the best environment to try to learn in when i was there it was very unorganized it was tough which i expect a nursing program to be but trying to get anyone to call you back was hard
Very Pleasant place to work
Adjunct Faculty (Current Employee) –  Parma, OHAugust 15, 2018
This is a great place to work, students and faculty are very nice and willing to learn. Everyone is more than willing to help and assist any time your need assistance, This is a very non confrontational environment and it is good environment for mentoring.

Although I'm not full time, I'm treated with respect from the students as well as administration.
Pros
job satisfaction
Adjunct
Adjunct Mathematics Instructor (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OH 44115August 15, 2018
Too many adjuncts when I worked at CCC. Hard to get classes, especially enough to cover expenses. In 2 years there was no opportunity for advancement. A revolving door of adjuncts being hired and then leaving.
Pros
Good experience for teaching
Cons
No guaranteed courses.
Union
Career Center Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Parma, OHAugust 13, 2018
Cuyahoga Community College has a strong union and offers their support staff a the unique opportunity of working with a diverse clientele for the betterment of the county.
Fun but not paid well
Summer Intern (Former Employee) –  Parma, OHJuly 25, 2018
I understand it is an internship but 10 hours a week is very little and quite aggravating. I however did earn important experience and now have something to put on my resume
Adjunct Assistant Professor in Accounting
Adjunct Assistant Professor (Current Employee) –  Parma, OHJuly 21, 2018
Tri-C is a great place to work. You are allowed to create your class material and present from your prospective.because of the diversity. The students are great people.
Excellent community school
Leadership and management (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJuly 10, 2018
Great community college for junior students and veterans. Staff is ALWAYS available to meet with and offers OUTSTANDING veteran support. Many many financial programs and support available.
Good working with People
December
all a good experience
good
Cons
Adjunct faculty and lecturers are dispensable
Adjunct Lecturer (Former Employee) –  Highland Hills, OHJune 13, 2018
People hired in the tenure-track path are on another trajectory than adjuncts or lecturers -- they get plenty of support from colleagues and the union no matter how green they are when hired. Administrators have bountiful salaries. Adjunct faculty may subsist on 3K per course for a while. But do not delude yourself. You won't thrive. Courses will fill and be given to full-timers whose courses don't fill. As a part-timer: No one will care when/if you leave or you pass on to another job or you end up with a problem students. You certainly won't grow here unless through your own effort. It is basically like working on a silent stage, helping students, being there to encourage students, then walking off. No support, no caring, no compassion if you hit difficulties coupled with no recognition if you're great at helping students gain confidence. It's like a clique, really, and some of us are never let in. Perhaps if a special manager takes an interest in you: You will be that exception.
Pros
Some great students
Cons
No support for advancement

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cuyahoga Community College. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3

See reviews about

Ratings from women

4.0InHerSight Score

3.9Personal Development

4.6Career Opportunities

3.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight