Cuyahoga Community College Employee Reviews

Not concerned with employees just profit
Physician Assistant Program Assistant (Former Employee) –  Parma, OHOctober 23, 2018
Not concerned if employees as able to live from the salary and do not give adequate raises, if any at all.

Management is not trained in supervising diverse cultures which causes low employee morale.
Good overall atmosphere
Assistant professor, History (Current Employee) –  Westlake, OHDecember 20, 2018
Overall the atmosphere at Cuyahoga Community College is collegial and warm. I learned a lot about the tenure process and what it takes to be full-time in higher education. The management was good. The hardest part of the job was having to balance the work stresses of teaching and my personal life.
Pros
good workplace culture, collegial atmosphere, teaching focused
Cons
hard to balance work and life
It was a decent job, not for my line of work though.
Office Assistant Intern (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHDecember 17, 2018
Management is nice.
The "hardest" part of my job was Taking Inventory. Wasn't too hard to do.
The easiest thing I've done was organize files.
The people were the most enjoyable thing about my job.
Not much culture to be had, but we get along well.
I learned that there is more to life than just work.
Pros
Easy Work
Cons
It makes some think, "This is not fulfilling"
Clinical Instructor Nursing
ADJUNCT CLINICAL NURSING INSTRUCTOR (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHSeptember 8, 2018
Enjoyed working with and coaching students. Great work life balance. Supportive management. Offered tools and support to enhance clinical learning.
An important educational resource, affordable, accessible, quality programs
Program Manager of Early Childhood Education (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHFebruary 1, 2019
I was hired to integrate the three campus programs into one early childhood division, having a common syllabus and text for all degree courses, staggering course offerings so students could move across campuses to get course at time needed, developing articulation agreements between community non-degree courses and credit work and from associate to bachelors degree in education. Faculty developed new curriculum in response to need, an infant toddler certificate, and literacy mentor certificate. Head Start was requiring degrees for lead teachers so enrollment grew to 800 a year as we got staff credentialed. With Community agency Starting Point we brought in a work/study scholarship program TEACH that offered the working teacher funding for three courses a semester, some staff release time, and bonuses for every nine credit hours completed. This helped a lot of workers in the field get professional education and advance in teaching positions, even to directorships. It was thrilling to be part of a community/college partnership and raise the quality of child care. Departments in the college were given independent latitude and depended on the initiative and vision of the faculty. Early Childhood Education was recognized as a successful program. This was a thrilling time for me, to make initiatives happen, see teachers grow, witness stronger preschool programs emerge. I learned how to lead a college department, develop programming in relation to community need and growing professional standards.
Pros
Contributing to the field, helping teachers learn more child development and curriculum possibilities.
Cons
Recognizing the stress child care and Head Start teachers faced as mothers, full time workers, students, searching for ways to offer incentives to help them do it all.
Offers diverse expereince
Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMay 13, 2018
Great place to gain valuable academic experience, and offers a great work/life balance. Opportunities across all campuses exist, and this is a company that encourages growth and advancement
Pros
Flexible work times
Cons
Salary
Beautiful experience
Peer Advocate (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHDecember 4, 2018
A great place to start getting your education to help meet your career needs. Would suggest anyone just beginning to start off there much opportunity and staff is great
Pros
Flexible
Excellent workplace and environment
PTA Program Tutor (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHDecember 17, 2018
All employees are very nice and welcoming. Environment encourages advancement and success and promotes a positive work experience. Always feel like you can ask any question.
Cuyahoga Community College What I gained by attending
Certified Nursing Assistant/Texas Nurse Aide (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHDecember 6, 2018
Awesome for the advancement of a trade or career.
Attended Cuyahoga Community College to study nursing.
I have been in the field for 17 years. I have learned a lot in the field over the years.
Network Support Specialist Training Program (400 contact hours)
Student Never Employed Here (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHOctober 26, 2018
Network Support Specialist Training Program (400 contact hours)

Comp Tia A+ (62 contact hours) - IT Essentials: PC Hardware and Software
CCNA (92.5 contact hours) - Interconnecting Cisco Networking Devices
CCNA-W (45.5 contact hours) - Implementing Cisco Unified Wireless Networking Essentials
Mastered Program Competencies and Trained to:
* Assemble, install, troubleshoot and repair PC’s utilizing diagnostic software
* Install, configure and operate route and switched networks
* Implement and verify connections to remote sites in a wide area network (WAN)

Want to know more about Cuyahoga Community College?

Ask a question
Great Pay, Decent Work, Poor Moral
Building Service Worker (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHSeptember 18, 2018
Daily workload is moderate with no micro-management.
Pace is slow & vibe is monotone.
Students great, staff not so friendly to other staff.
70% Staff attitude- Don't bother me I am here to earn a paycheck until I retire, that's it.
Pros
Good Pay, Relaxed, Union
Cons
Low moral, no teamwork, poor management
Adjunct faculty and lecturers are dispensable
Adjunct Lecturer (Former Employee) –  Highland Hills, OHJune 13, 2018
People hired in the tenure-track path are on another trajectory than adjuncts or lecturers -- they get plenty of support from colleagues and the union no matter how green they are when hired. Administrators have bountiful salaries. Adjunct faculty may subsist on 3K per course for a while. But do not delude yourself. You won't thrive. Courses will fill and be given to full-timers whose courses don't fill. As a part-timer: No one will care when/if you leave or you pass on to another job or you end up with a problem students. You certainly won't grow here unless through your own effort. It is basically like working on a silent stage, helping students, being there to encourage students, then walking off. No support, no caring, no compassion if you hit difficulties coupled with no recognition if you're great at helping students gain confidence. It's like a clique, really, and some of us are never let in. Perhaps if a special manager takes an interest in you: You will be that exception.
Pros
Some great students
Cons
No support for advancement
poor quality work environment
Camp Counselor/Choreographer (Former Employee) –  Parma, OHSeptember 24, 2018
I only worked a summer theater camp for about 6 weeks over the summer, but it was very poorly organized, no sense of management, and poor attitudes from other staff members.
Adjunct
Adjunct Mathematics Instructor (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OH 44115August 15, 2018
Too many adjuncts when I worked at CCC. Hard to get classes, especially enough to cover expenses. In 2 years there was no opportunity for advancement. A revolving door of adjuncts being hired and then leaving.
Pros
Good experience for teaching
Cons
No guaranteed courses.
Will Increase Your Workplace Confidence
EVENT PLANNER ASSISTANT (INTERNSHIP) (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHSeptember 3, 2018
When working for Cuyahoga Community College as a paid intern, the most important skill that I left with that I did not have before, was the ability to hold my own in stressful-serious situations. Especially when around superiors that outranked me. Learning how to hold my head high and be the best at what I was there to do. You can tell that your supervisors care about your personal success!
Pros
Long Lunch Breaks
Cons
n/a
Proposal-Based Program
Instructor, Senior Adult Education (Current Employee) –  Parma, OHNovember 30, 2018
Because of the nature of the program, I do not have enough information to make/answer any of your questions. Program ran on a proposal-basis. I worked 12 hours for 2 semesters. I have no other information to share.
Pros
Free parking
Cons
No consistent work hours
The people keep you there
Program Manager for Respiratory Therapy (Former Employee) –  Parma, OHMarch 20, 2018
Your peers (and students) are the main things that keep you there and make it worth while to continue on, year after year. The benefits were unsurpassed in any job I previously held.
Pros
Fun people
What I learned...
Manager (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHNovember 27, 2017
Gain experience, meet people, and serve the community but focus on your career in moving through workplace culture. A typical day is very busy so one must be good at organizing your day. Everything rides on your manager's style in terms of your day-to-day workloads and review of your work. If you do not get along with your manager than you will probably not be there that long. Hardest part of job is obtaining a good career fit. The workplace culture is cut throat but few who remain have a vested friend and not always based on your work ethics. That is the sad part.
Pros
Great experience
Cons
Professional Growth may be difficult
Student Success Specialist (Current Employee) –  Highland Hills, OHDecember 13, 2018
Good place to work and go to school. Great co-workers, colleagues and instructors. Good place to begin your educational goals. Working with students is rewarding.
Pretty good place to work.
Media Technician (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHOctober 31, 2018
I worked here so long it was like family. We had our ups and downs, but I felt each day as though I was coming home, not going to work. My job became no longer relevant so I retired.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cuyahoga Community College. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3

Ratings from women

4.0InHerSight Score

3.9Personal Development

4.6Career Opportunities

3.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight