Cuyahoga Community College Employee Reviews

Adjunct
Adjunct Mathematics Instructor (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OH 44115August 15, 2018
Too many adjuncts when I worked at CCC. Hard to get classes, especially enough to cover expenses. In 2 years there was no opportunity for advancement. A revolving door of adjuncts being hired and then leaving.
Pros
Good experience for teaching
Cons
No guaranteed courses.
Union
Career Center Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Parma, OHAugust 13, 2018
Cuyahoga Community College has a strong union and offers their support staff a the unique opportunity of working with a diverse clientele for the betterment of the county.
Fun but not paid well
Summer Intern (Former Employee) –  Parma, OHJuly 25, 2018
I understand it is an internship but 10 hours a week is very little and quite aggravating. I however did earn important experience and now have something to put on my resume
Adjunct Assistant Professor in Accounting
Adjunct Assistant Professor (Current Employee) –  Parma, OHJuly 21, 2018
Tri-C is a great place to work. You are allowed to create your class material and present from your prospective.because of the diversity. The students are great people.
Excellent community school
Leadership and management (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJuly 10, 2018
Great community college for junior students and veterans. Staff is ALWAYS available to meet with and offers OUTSTANDING veteran support. Many many financial programs and support available.
Good working with People
December
all a good experience
good
Cons
Adjunct faculty and lecturers are dispensable
Adjunct Lecturer (Former Employee) –  Highland Hills, OHJune 13, 2018
People hired in the tenure-track path are on another trajectory than adjuncts or lecturers -- they get plenty of support from colleagues and the union no matter how green they are when hired. Administrators have bountiful salaries. Adjunct faculty may subsist on 3K per course for a while. But do not delude yourself. You won't thrive. Courses will fill and be given to full-timers whose courses don't fill. As a part-timer: No one will care when/if you leave or you pass on to another job or you end up with a problem students. You certainly won't grow here unless through your own effort. It is basically like working on a silent stage, helping students, being there to encourage students, then walking off. No support, no caring, no compassion if you hit difficulties coupled with no recognition if you're great at helping students gain confidence. It's like a clique, really, and some of us are never let in. Perhaps if a special manager takes an interest in you: You will be that exception.
Pros
Some great students
Cons
No support for advancement
I was a part-time instructor
R.N. Clinical Instructor (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJune 4, 2018
Nursing Instructor for clinical area Med-Surgical area for two quarters responsible for instruction of 8-10 students in an acute care setting and Long term Care facility
Pros
great teaching environment
Cons
only as needed basis
loving and caring
Assisted (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMay 24, 2018
I like knowing that I'm doing something important. Important in keeping the public safe. that dedication and honesty play a big part. I had lots of opportunities to learn from and help me get where I am today. I know I'm doing something important. I know I'm doing a great job. I'm not afraid to admit when I have made a mistake.
A nice student job
Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Parma, OHMay 22, 2018
Work was excellent. Everybody worked together well and got along great. A very fun environment. Weather could make it difficult at times, but you managed.
Great Place...
Laboratory Technician (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMay 21, 2018
Loved this job and would have liked to stay on full time...people were fantastic to work with...did and learned something new every day. Wish they would have asked me to stay....
Offers diverse expereince
Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMay 13, 2018
Great place to gain valuable academic experience, and offers a great work/life balance. Opportunities across all campuses exist, and this is a company that encourages growth and advancement
Pros
Flexible work times
Cons
Salary
Positive environment
English as a Second Language (ESL) instructor (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMay 6, 2018
Tri-C has made positive changes over the past five years such as providing training workshops for adjuncts with possibility of being paid. Teaching and interacting with students is the best part of the job. Low pay for adjuncts is the worst.
tri c
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHApril 28, 2018
the work environment was quite boring. manager was stuck in her office all day. people were friendly that worked there. quick easy money. i would recommend if you like sitting behind a desk.
It's a great place to attend school and work overall.
Writer/Editor-in-Chief (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHApril 21, 2018
There's a lot of intelligent people there that's willing and excited to help you. If you do what is expected of you, give your all, you will succeed and achieve all of your goals.
Flexible Environment
GED Instructor (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHApril 16, 2018
Tri-C has a growing campus that seeks to become a premier campus, in my opinion. I believe they are going through growing pains but will be a better organization and institute for learning when their vision and goals match their clientele's diverse needs.
Pros
Co-workers, facility, relative stress level
Cons
job insecurity
Great Part Time Job
Sign Language Interpreter (Former Employee) –  Parma, OHApril 5, 2018
My day and work hours depended on the number of deaf students that required an interpreter. The hardest part of the job was having a full scheduled at the beginning of the semester then the students dropping classes and you had no work, The most enjoyable part of the job were the students.
Very exciting place to work with a collaborative staff and faculty.
Student Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHApril 2, 2018
I was part of a work-study employment program at Cuyahoga Community College while I was pursuing my Associate of Liberal Arts degree. I was never fired from the job; I graduated in December 2015, thus, my employment was terminated.
Pros
Education
The people keep you there
Program Manager for Respiratory Therapy (Former Employee) –  Parma, OHMarch 20, 2018
Your peers (and students) are the main things that keep you there and make it worth while to continue on, year after year. The benefits were unsurpassed in any job I previously held.
Pros
Fun people
Cons
Working, learning and teaching at one location
Childrens Learning Center Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMarch 7, 2018
Wonderful experience working and teaching children. Seeing the children being amazed at what they could do. Watching their minds working to create items in art. Seeing children from different cultures mingle and share ideas, toys and playtime. Learning ways to calm difficult children at naptime and storytime.
Pros
The love received from these innocent children
Cons
parents who picked their children up late

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cuyahoga Community College. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score

3.9Personal Development

4.6Career Opportunities

3.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Cuyahoga Community College Reviews by Location