Cuyuna Regional Medical Center Employee Reviews

This was the first hospital i worked at
Switchboard Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Crosby, MN 56441March 24, 2019
I enjoyed working here and would go back if I still lived in Minniesota great co works. supportive and collaborative environment. they had benefits I do not remember which ones though. Great place to work.
na
Coding Specilist III (Current Employee) –  Crosby, MNMarch 22, 2019
8 hrs a day. I learned to be more proficient at my job. the management is good in parts and bad I parts. for the most part it is a family culture. was dealing with people that should be reprimanded for their actions. my co workers
Pros
job security
Cons
management is more worried about being friends then managing people
Great Place To Work
Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Crosby, MNMarch 19, 2019
This is a great place to work they care about their employees and patients. I highly recommend this company for employment. Relaxed atmosphere. Company great.
Small town hospital
Emergency Room-RN (Current Employee) –  Crosby, MNJanuary 17, 2019
It is a critical access hospital in a small town. It has a large variety of services to offer patients to help keep their care local. It has a small town feel.
Family oriented workplace with a team approach
RN-CCRT (Current Employee) –  Crosby, MNDecember 4, 2018
CRMC carries a team approach to patient care. All staff from dietary to physicians work with each other professionally to provide the best care for our patients. CRMC also provides many educational opportunities including a yearly skills fair. CRMC has excellent communication with employees.
Pros
Excellent work schedule ( Conducive for those in school)
Drama
ER RN and Critical Care Response Team (Former Employee) –  Crosby, MNSeptember 25, 2018
There was a lot of drama in the critical care departments, mostly perpetuated by the manager. The staff nurses in the Er are amazing, and most of the providers are great. Just need a manager change.
Great palce to work with an outstanding working environment
Critical Care Unit Assistant, CCUA (Former Employee) –  Crosby, MNJune 7, 2018
I enjoyed my time at Cuyuna Regional when working my way through school to become an RN. My path lead me to practice my nursing career in the Brainerd Hospital.
Great place to work :)
Certified Nursing assistant (Former Employee) –  Crosby, MNMarch 23, 2018
Working at Cuyuna regional medical it’s a great opportunity. Everyone is so caring and makes you feel like around family all the time. Great benefits:)
Rewarding job
Student X-Ray Operator (Former Employee) –  Crosby, MNMarch 21, 2018
I worked with great people - always willing to lend a hand. Pace varied - small town hospital could be either busy or really slow. Management was good. All departments worked well together. Patient care was the favorite part of my job.
Pros
Patient care.
Cons
Could be slow days.
Nothing good to say
Environmental Services (Former Employee) –  Crosby, MNMarch 16, 2018
I worked there for 3 years in EVS. I have never been treated so poorly by a manager before. Because of the small town feel of the facility, everybody knew everything about you. The manager too. I never intended on quitting when I did but am glad I got the heck out of there. My manager could never do anything wrong, found loopholes to get out of being in the wrong. And if the manager didn't want you in working with the team, you were out of there.
Pros
made kind of ok money
Cons
Manager, favoritism from nights to days, rumors, Drama
nothing to say
Paramedic (Former Employee) –  Cuyuna, MNFebruary 20, 2018
I do not have anything to say about working at this particular job/company. I did not like where I worked or the area I was living in. Bad experience all around.
FMLA hours
Clinical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Crosby, MNDecember 5, 2017
Being let go due to a severe accident I got into and lack of FMLA hours was a hard blow, however the work environment and the people I worked with was worth having the job.
Great Place to work
CERTIFIED NURSING ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Crosby, MNOctober 26, 2017
Understaffed, as most facilities are at this time in the area. Management was helpful. Most CNA's worked together. Beautiful facility that loved the residents.
Superior Hospital
Interim Chief Nursing Officer (Former Employee) –  Crosby, MNSeptember 25, 2017
Superior hospital with highest quality management and staff. Inclusive culture focused on the patient and their family. Constantly looking for ways to improve and add new services.
Pros
inclusive work environment
Cons
Minnesota is cold in the winter
just a part in the machine, easily replaced
Radiology Technologist(Casual) (Former Employee) –  Crosby, MNSeptember 18, 2017
Get a wide variety of exams. Rotate though the different modalities and shifts. No down time must stay busy. Union job, so set pay and benefits. Feels more like corporation type of environment than a family type. I was passed up for a full time position by a out side applicant; even though I was working as a casual tech for 9 months doing 30-40 hour weeks before the position opened.
Pros
got along with co-workers
Cons
Don't seem to care about employees
Nice place to work
RN OB (Current Employee) –  Crosby, MNAugust 29, 2017
We work 12 hour shifts which is very nice especially for family life. I've learned how to become a better nurse and co-worker. Sometimes the workplace can be stressful and sometimes it can be enjoyable.
Lpn
LPN (Former Employee) –  Crosby, MNJuly 24, 2017
This healthcare organization has a long history of dismissing productive, hard working employees and dismissing them from their positions without a single word warning. This is a known fact throughout the local area. If you're not part of their establishment or clique group, don't even entertain the thought of uprooting yourself from where you are presently and coming here!

If it is a Jr. High School atmosphere you're looking for this is it. New employees are pestered about not doing enough and older employees do what they want and come and go as they please. If you're looking for a bullying atmosphere and enjoy having someone try to intimidate you, you've found the place!
Pros
Plenty of parking space.
Cons
Impossible to list it all.
Productive and fun kitchen staff
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Crosby, MN 56441June 21, 2017
There are many Dietary Aides at CRMC that come together to complete a variety of jobs throughout the whole hospital.
I learned great time management skills as well as the importance of teamwork.
There should be a stronger sense of leadership from management.
There are so many great people in the dietary department at CRMC and they do their best to get along and get the job done with a smile on their face.
The hardest part would be preparing food for the senior residents who have eating problems in the Care Center.
The most enjoyable part would be the great young coworkers who made the job so fun.
Wonderful place to work
Receptionist/Switchboard (Former Employee) –  Crosby, MNApril 20, 2017
I worked for the most wonderful supervisor. The only problem was that his job involved a long drive from home. Otherwise, would have remained at this position.
There are very caring staff there if they were allowed to do their job with compassion like they used to
Therapist (Former Employee) –  Crosby, MNMarch 18, 2017
Pressure for productivity
poor management--there are obviously "favorites" which is crazy in a professional setting.
No time allowed for program development
Poor collaboration between health care disciplines-poor communication
Hard work goes unrecognized.
often you are 100% booked with a pending list
meetings over your lunch
must work weekends
terribly sick policy so workers come in obviously sick
Pros
I thnk the retirement benefit is OK. The salary is ok. co workers are great
Cons
poor insurance, management-from first line management ( my direct manager) and up is killing the place