Cvent

Cvent Employee Reviews

You’re seeing reviews close to Ashburn, VA based on your current location
Not your desired location?
Choose a different one
Ashburn, VA53 reviews
Ehhh
very average internship program. Did not utilize interns to their capabilities, pay was awful and hours were long despite not having enough work to do.
Cons
pay, organization
Productive and inspiring environment
There was a great training program and the managers were always willing to stop what they were doing if you had questions or needed assistance. The job was a lot of prospecting and cold calling, which built great skills.
Good place to work with
As I was only automation engineer when I was hired, I was able to fully use my expertise to build automation solution from scratch. During the process, I had enough support from my manager.
Productive and fun work place
Good work atmosphere and work culture
Management is good and give us better idea on the future goals of the company

Teammates are helpful during on boarding process
Great Company - But Not All Departments Are Equal
If you're looking for a job in product dev or sales, I'd highly recommend joining Cvent! The leadership team is phenomenal and I deeply respect the founders and their vision for Cvent. Just one flag - not all departments are equal and each have their own unique team culture.
Job seekers rely on your experience.
Just one of those business oriented companies
If you want a job this is an ok company to work for. Nothing more than that. Company is financial doing well. It’s not a most innovative places to work. But they are in a good position.
Company that rewards top talent
Flexible and great benefits. Stressful for sure, but in a good way if you expect to put in the work to reap the rewards. As long as you do well, you can get a lot out of working here. High performance culture. Upward growth is there but can depend on your department and current managers in their roles. Bureaucracy has begun to creep in and slow things down in terms of decision making and nimbleness. Performance valued above all.
Pros
Happy hours, smart people, lots of in-office perks
Cons
Stress, Bureaucracy
Good first job
- Work life balance is not great.
- Does provide autonomy.

- Can have cliques depending on the department.

- Strategy changes from meeting to meeting.

- Stressful environment / culture.
Deceptive place to work
If you're not a new college grad you can become very jaded very quickly about working here. The "senior leadership" is very much a friendship clique which means that you're likely not advancing anytime soon. They do not appreciate work life balance although they claim to, they want to purport themselves to be a cool tech company but their policies ares so antiquated. Great as a first job not great for a tenured professional. Management is extremely incompetent and unprofessional.
Pros
Occasional events
Cons
Extremely long working hours
Great Career Experience
As an intern I learned a great deal while working at Cvent. I had the opportunity to fully participate in all aspects of the regarding the legal department.
Run
They did not pay me what I was told I would make. They did not work me the hours I was told. I was coerced to sign a bond agreement which Cvent did not uphold any part of. They also refused training which I was promised and when I tried to leave they wanted to sue. AVOID AT ALL COST. By far the most toxic work environment I have ever encountered. Management does not listen, does not understand and does not care. You are a body to fill a vacant seat and nothing more.
Work Hard Play Hard
They say this a lot and they mean it. If you want to work hard and then at the end of the week or end of a project you want to play hard, you'll get the chance to do that. It is a place that wants self motivated and driven people who will put in the work.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Low Pay
Pay good; opportunity for responsibility/experience very good
You will work hard for good pay. Stress is reasonably high. Opportunity for advancement and responsibility is good if you are a consistent performer. Management are high quality (smart and hard-working and committed to the company).
Pros
entrusted with responsibility; good pay; good management
Cons
hours and stress are moderately high
Rapidly Growing Large Company
Fast paced, large scale, well oiled software engineering machine. Management and technical leadership are approachable and helpful. Company culture is friendly and upbeat. Loyalty is valued. The hardest part of the job was working in a large open floor plan office. The most enjoyable part of the job was writing code that had an impact at scale.
Pros
Upbeat office, excellent management and technical leadership
Cons
Open floor office plan
Great!
Supportive teams, great culture, smart people. The pay is great and managers push you to succeed and frequently hold one-on-one's to assess how you're doing.
Great Culture
The corporate culture at Cvent more than made up for the general disorganization that I experienced during my time there. Management can sometimes muddle up execution on strategic objectives due to having too many cooks in the kitchen, but in general the company sticks to its mission and has the ability to execute on and beat key targets.
Pros
Culture, free gym, more culture
Cons
Messy management structure
Nice place to work if you are starting your career
Very young culture, majority of the company is made up of college graduates; team oriented and fun culture; opportunity for growth internally; nice people and everyone works hard.
Pros
Nice people, team oriented, fast pace, evolving company
Cons
45 hour work week, commute to Tysons
its ok
seems like a cool place to work, very trendy and typical start up vibe. However, they want you to give it your all and work hard. Great place if you want to be in SaaS sales.
Great company
Solid organization, with great leadership, that is absolutely dominating their industry right now. I would highly recommend taking a look at any position at Cvent.
Great culture/environment, but bad management
This review is specifically about the finance department. A typical day at Cvent is filled with meetings and lots of work. There is never a dull moment and there is always something to do. I have learned a lot in a short amount of time, due to the fast paced environment. The most enjoyable part of the job is definitely the camaraderie among my team specifically. Although there is a keg in the office, and a ping pong table and corn hole, I have yet to use any of it because of the amount of work and expectations of senior management. The communication in the finance department is terrible. There is so much room for improvement here. Senior management does not listen to the concerns of their employees and gives unreasonable goals for the resources provided- or lack thereof. Senior management does not support their employees. The work-life balance in the finance department needs to be improved quite a bit.
Pros
Paid parking (for now), Wellness Wednesday activities, WFH Program
Cons
Work-life balance, 401k Match
Great first job, but not long term
Cvent is very fast paced so you gain a lot of experience early on. Many of the Cvent policies and practices seem to take advantage of applicants right out of college though.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cvent. Our community is ready to answer.
Women's ratings

3.6Fairygodboss Score

60%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

60%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Cvent Reviews by Location