CVPH Medical Center Employee Reviews

Awful
Patient Registrar (Former Employee) –  Plattsburgh, NYMay 20, 2019
Management is awful and you pay union dues for no one to represent you. I wouldn’t refer this organization to my worst enemy. What a joke of an organization.
Pros
Discounts, pay
Cons
Coworkers, union, management, insurance
A typical day at CVPH
Anesthesia Support Tech, Endoscopy Tech (Former Employee) –  Plattsburgh, NYFebruary 27, 2019
After arriving to work the first cases of the day had just begun, and so did my work. Stocking and replacing anesthesia equipment,supplies, and medications began almost immediately. Around 9am we would have a morning huddle, concerns and questions would be answered. At huddle staff were also recognized for a job well done. Throughout the day the tasks varied based on the cases, but I was sure to keep busy through the shift.
Pros
met lots of people all while helping the community
Dictatorship
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Plattsburgh, NYFebruary 27, 2019
Easy you ran by the girls with the most seniority make them happy you succeeded. Yes job training was avalible but they had you do hours of it to keep your job off the clock. No mandate but then you work below state minimum for your patient to be safe
Poor management, back-stabbing peers
Resource Specialist (Former Employee) –  Plattsburgh, NYFebruary 18, 2019
Resource Specialist job is not as it appears in ad. VERY stressful. Bad training process. Inadequate IT system support. Tremendous competition among peers and back-stabbing is regular event. Contrary to job ad, NOT a worthwhile career move.
Pros
Support of right staffing
Cons
Poor management, training & oversight
Cvph
Clinical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Plattsburgh, NYNovember 9, 2018
while working at cvph for 7 years I learned 1 thing that in the eyes of the all higher ups all they focus on is the numbers. They don’t care how big of a patient load there aides have as long as it minimizes the amount of aides on the floor.
If you like wokring a lot, this job is for you...
CERTIFIED HEALTHCARE ACCESS ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Plattsburgh, NYOctober 10, 2018
Working at CVPH has its advantages and disadvantages. I feel more like a number than a person working here. I have never been acknowledged by my superiors that I answer to on how hard I work. I just get asked to work extra and when I have to decline I get ignored. No one should have to feel awful for something like that. I am always told the things I do wring, but never anything I do correctly. It is discouraging.
Pros
Overtime hours are always available
Cons
You get over worked easily, the union nevers helps when you need them to.
Great place to work and advance over the years
Unit Secretary - Surgical Scheduling (Former Employee) –  Plattsburgh, NYSeptember 30, 2018
I started working at he bottom roles and was able to advance up in the years I was there. They trained us in detail. Met a lot of employees in different departments.

It was like a huge family working towards the same results. Many opportunities to learn different areas of the medical center.

Patients well being and care was priority.
Pros
On site training, friendly staff.
Union Environment
Tier 4 Network Engineer (Former Employee) –  Plattsburgh, NYSeptember 12, 2018
Dragging feet to get things done and overpaying for everything is just the small part of this place... It's odd that no one looks more into saving money and time in this culture..
Pros
I believe the mgmt was pretty great to work with.
Cons
General staff attitude and morale.
Negative environment
Certified Healthcare Access Associate (Former Employee) –  Plattsburgh, NYAugust 25, 2018
Pay is good but you have to have a thick skin. Stress is high. The only time you will hear from management is if you make a mistake or they want to fill a shift. They never have anything positive to say. The insurance is free for full timers but it is high deductible so be prepared to pay out of pocket for most things. The union dues you pay are money out the window. The union is all for management. If management can find a loophole in the union contract to benefit themselves they will. Feedback is supposedly encouraged but when it comes down to it, it is not welcomed. Backstabbing is a daily occurrence. The patient satisfaction survey is the only thing that matters regardless of promoting patient safety.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Insufficient staffing, poor management, stress
Laboratory Assistant (Former Employee) –  Plattsburgh, NYJune 4, 2018
I have worked for CVPH for many years and I loved my job. I feel that they work very well with employees and make it easy to take time off. They have great benefits and opertunities for families.
Pros
Great heath insurance
Cons
Union could be better
Micromanagement
RN (Former Employee) –  Plattsburgh, NYApril 29, 2018
Undeserved Micromanagement is insulting. The bush league managers were obviously promoted due to their ineptitude at the bedside. Feedback is not welcome. Just keep your head down and kowtow. Management needs to learn that human error is not a crime, it's an opportunity for teaching and learning.
Pros
Few and far between.
Cons
Management only spoke to you to critcize your work, just an overall negative work environment. Saw several excellent nurses bullied out of the place.
Nice place to work
Office Coordinator,clerk3 (Former Employee) –  Office coordinator/clerk 3January 26, 2018
Worked there for 47 years . Enjoyed every moment .CVPH was very good to me . I also was a very loyal employee and would put my heart and soul into my job. I do feel CVPH knew that and took care of me as well .
Pros
Compassion for employees and patients
excellent
RN (Current Employee) –  Plattsburgh, NYDecember 18, 2017
excellent work place and take great pride in our excellent care, care is centered on patient;s comfort and needs, we are constantly encouraged to learn and grow in our profession, we have excellent work ethics and high standard of patient care, night shift is hardest with 12 hr shifts, patient care and RN team care with much support and concern from CC RN
this was my favorite job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Plattsburgh, NYOctober 5, 2017
I absolutely loved this job, I was so upset when I had to move back to Vermont. I cant say enough about the friendly staff all of the wonderful patients.
Very stressful.
Specialty Aide (Current Employee) –  Plattsburgh, NY 12901August 28, 2017
I have worked in 3 different departments. For the better part of my career I loved it. Until my most recent department. There is way too much restructure going on and the managers are disorganized and do not treat employees with an ounce of respect. Its there way or the highway. Even when the union is involved, it is always about managements demands. There is no give and take.
Pros
great patients, good pay and benefits
Cons
poor management practices, difficult to know who to trust
Hard to stay.
Shift Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Plattsburgh, NYAugust 20, 2017
The pay is great. The benefits are good. The work culture is really horrible. If you aren't an RN, you're second class and you will be treated that way. Very little accountability for any position.
Pros
Great pay and lots of PTO
Cons
Generally a negative work environment.
CVPH has very good benefits
Clerk III (Current Employee) –  Plattsburgh, NYJuly 24, 2017
I have worked there for a long time and it has been a good place to work. I learned a great deal while doing all my different duties as a transcriptionist, secretary and now a clerk. My favorite position was working in environmental services. I worked with some great people and met some very nice patients.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Need a change from sitting in front of a computer.
Was treated miserably.
Unit Clerk (R6 Orthopedic/Neurology) (Former Employee) –  Plattsburgh, NY 12901June 22, 2017
After 7 years of working there, my job was eliminated without a second thought. There was no warning and I was told not by my director but rather by a co-worker that I would not have a job.
Great experience
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Plattsburgh, NYMay 6, 2017
Just like every place, there are pros and cons. However there is a wonderful chance to gain experience if you are willing to learn, and help. Every patient make every bad experience worth it.
Pros
Great staff
Cons
Critical staffing at times
"Great place to work"
IT Support Technician (Former Employee) –  Plattsburgh, NYApril 15, 2017
Lots of office politics, managerial nepotism, but fairly decent work environment, nice benefits. Not enough on the job training, or career advancement prospects; not a dead end job, but could be better in that respect, and more.