CWU, Inc. Employee Reviews

Great company.
Roll Player (Former Employee) –  Fort Knox, KYMay 4, 2018
Not only did I enjoy working with this company, I wish I still did. I didn't have "co-workers", I developed an extended family. Best experience as an employee I've ever had.
ok
Security Escort (Current Employee) –  FloridaMarch 31, 2018
Is a good and professional environment to work with them , good salary , good vacation time and very friendly follow up with employee when you need your help
Productive and nice work place.
Arabic Linguist (Former Employee) –  GTMO, CubaMarch 11, 2018
The job was good, even though the salary was not. Great living condition on the island. Full furnished houses were provided. Great transportation. Work and life balance was great.
Pros
Living at the luxury of your home and being able to prepare meals daily.
Cons
Poor management
Typical day at work
Admin Officer (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLFebruary 25, 2018
Arrive in time, be ready for morning meeting, plan de day. etc
Continue with load work, and complete what is available to.
Lunch 30 minutes. If something come out need to be done, just complete and back with the job was working.
Pros
planning
Cons
always something important need to be complete before everything
Easy job
Indonesian Linguist (Current Employee) –  GetmoDecember 27, 2017
Fun place to work and good salaries,
The work is not stressful, Good management are willing to help.
I recommended this company to many my friend. Overall happy place to work
Pashto/Dari Linguist (Current Employee) –  Germany, FT.GordonDecember 12, 2017
I enjoyed working with CWU and I would like to continue working with them in the future as well. The management is very helpful . Work place was very friendly .
Run Away With your Life
Cultural Analyst/Linguist (Former Employee) –  GiTmoDecember 1, 2017
If you're looking for ways to learn how the U.S. Government wastes its money, look no further. This company hires unqualified, uneducated linguists to fill the contracts. In return, they pay them very low and relocated them without notice to Gitmo. The linguists who are always insecure due to their lack of any ability besides speaking the target language (sometimes not well) are always under the thumb of management. Management is composed by mostly formerly military members who think they can deal with civilians as if they're still in the military. Horrible, get away with your life.
Pros
Getting paid
Cons
working in a dictatorship like environment
former employee (Former Employee) –  overseasNovember 15, 2017
Working for this company is like working for a dictator of a third world country. Company has its employee/snitches/informants
who report anything negative you say or do the company and its management. If they don't like you they will find a way to terminate you.
The only reason these corrupt people are getting contracts probably is because they have insider connections. Its unfortunate to see that even in a country like USA, with the world's best employee protective laws, a company like this can apply such scary dictatorship tactics.
Pros
Its a job eventually
Cons
Very unpleasant and stressful environment
An Excellent Organization!
Program and Training Support Manager (Current Employee) –  Bordentown, NJSeptember 26, 2017
CWU is the finest company I've had the privilege of working for.

They are extremely professional, dedicated to their clients, honest with their employees, they have a mission first attitude, and are committed to providing the very best in staff augmentation support, program management, acquisition, administrative support, database, foreign language, intelligence, logistics, and training support specialists.

They are among the very best.
Pros
Open door management policy, Genuine care and concern for their family of over 900 employees, and a company possessing true integrity.
Cons
Exciting and rewarding opportunity to help train those who serve
Civilian role player (Current Employee) –  KYSeptember 16, 2017
I have worked with CWU for over two years. When a rotation is scheduled I am glad to have the opportunity to work for CWU. Scheduling is fairly organized. The work is very detailed and the lane leads know their stuff.

My hope is that their contract is renewed. I would miss the opportunity to continue my work with CWU.
Mission is important! The training, for the soldiers, is important. Employees understand it isn't about us, it is about the training for the soldiers!
Pros
Too many to name
Cons

Want to know more about CWU, Inc.?

Ask a question
Good experience
CAT II Linguist (Current Employee) –  Savannah, GASeptember 15, 2017
I have a good experience working here. i have learned many things in this job. I like this job what I do, and it is very good working environment, and good management.
Terrible
Quality Control Analyst (Former Employee) –  GTMOAugust 8, 2017
Working for CWU was like being in a really bad daycare. Easiest way to describe it would be a very hostile work environment. There is no such thing as HR and management would disrespect their employers along with harassing them. The thought of my time there makes me sick.
Corrupted company oh I am sorry corrupted farm!
Linguist/Cultural Advisor (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GA, and Cuba!June 11, 2017
Corrupted farm and it's clients is US Government!!

In order for this farm that has gained government contraccts there is something going on under the table such as bribery and kick back. Until they fill their pockets they will be caught later on as many others farms did in the history of contract business. And history repeats itself and no one is doing anything to defeat corruption in this country. At the end of the day who is paying for this corruption?? We all know the answer! Good luck United States!
Pros
Ownrers filling their pockets
Cons
People taxes are being stolen by the farm CWU inside corruption.
Work environment is dynamic producing valuable product to the customer.
Senior Linguist (Current Employee) –  Clearwater, FLJune 7, 2017
-Management appreciates our hard work most of the time and provides us with feed back and evaluation of our performance.
- The site lead keeps us informed about any changes in benefits and policies.
Pros
Dynamic work environment.
Cons
Benefits are not good enough.
TV news, coffee served in the morning
Arabic Linguist/Analyst (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GAMay 11, 2017
Encourages collaboration with the team

Shares ideas and techniques
Work with different shifts in such a professional atmosphere under the supervision of a military personal worked on different projects
Pros
Presence of a CWU manager in skiff
Cons
never give you the right answer
Clueless security departments
Linguist/Translator (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAApril 24, 2017
While applying for job , security department is clueless about basic clearance and jPAs work .: they don't know how to handle their job right .. they even forget to submit important documentes to CAF which caused security clearance drop ..
Hope they do hire better professionals in security office ....! U really make millions of dollars from the linguistic services you provide , won't hurt the company if they spend couple of thousands in right people in right place and kick all those idiots out ...
Pros
Absolutely nothing
Cons
You get like slave
Flexible Schedule
American Sign Language Interpreter (Current Employee) –  United StatesFebruary 28, 2017
I am currently employed as a certified sign language interpreter (ADHOC) basis. This company is phenomenal as they are very flexible with their schedules and I know I can trust them. Within 2-weeks of each event I am paid and I know that I do not have to worry - the pay is market competitive. The management are very fair and very prompt in following up with me and addressing any questions and/or concerns that I may have. I am very grateful for this company and everything that they do for me.
Pros
Flexibility, Great Pay
Great for Linguist
Linguist/Translator (Current Employee) –  United StatesFebruary 28, 2017
Job is great for linguist. Offer good pay and job security. Willing to work with you for security upgrade and chance to grow with company.
Pros
Chance for growing
Cons
site manager need to say thank you more
Great comapny to work for
Arabic Linguist (Current Employee) –  Augusta, GAFebruary 4, 2017
One of the best companies that I have worked for. Professional work environment. Great management team. Great benefit package. Flexible schedule.
support soldiers
Role Player (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLDecember 4, 2016
what i love in this Job is making me feel i'm supporting our solider and help them to have an idea what they will face culturally when they deployed overseas

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CWU, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.