Cyient
70Above average

Cyient Employee Reviews

United States148 reviews
Relaxed work enviroment
I worked on site my last 3 years. I was never in the new office. The old office had a causal working environment surrounded by knowledgeable coworkers.
Able to work on various projects to help the customer Cyient is assisting.
The job has changed over ther 9 years with Cyient. At first, there was heavy programing in Java to transfer a program from a VAX environment to the Windows environment. I then added eighteen more programs up to the present. I fix any software or network problems that should appear. I also assisted in moving about one million drawings from the VAX environment to Windows. About 8000 processes that used the drawings had to be re-built in Windows.
affected by COVID-19 like everyone else. They adopted to remote access very easily
My expected long term employment was cut short by issues caused by COVID-19. They tried to keep the team engaged and working toward production until there was no option but to fur-low the staff with a promise to try and find jobs for everyone affected.
Good introductory position
Those hired with a degree have nothing to look forward to. Work is elementary and insulting. And management are worthless. They literally have nothing better to do than shoot their employees with nerf guns and bully people out of boredom. And if you are a female employee, be prepared to file complaints.
If you are a recent graduate engineer, look someplace else.
If you are an engineer, do your best to avoid this company. They tack on the word "Engineer" to the end of your job title. The work they will give you will maybe take 2 hours (a week) to do and the rest of the time you will sit at your desk twiddling your thumbs, on your phone, and just bored. Asking for more work will get you maybe get you an additional 5 minutes a day for a few weeks. There is also NO engineering done at this company. Many of these tasks require zero thought and are just repetitive. Also you only get 10 days a year of PTO (which you start at 0 and have to accrue) and no sick days. If you are sick, snow, or have an emergency you either make up the hours or have to use your precious PTO time. You are really nothing more than a billable hour here and will have very little experience to show for it.
Do you enjoy working at your company?
Help people considering your employer make a good choice.
This company can do so much better
This company has so much potential to make an employee grow within their organization. There is no upward mobility for employees. Operation managers do not pay attention to lower-level employees. Pay and benefits are outdated and their merit raises are below industry standards and cost of living. Retention is very high and no wonder why everyone is leaving.

Some managers are making efforts to train their people but do not get appreciated. I left this company knowing the future is pretty bad.
Not bad, as long as you get training.
It's a job. It pays pretty well for the work, the office is relaxed, and the other people in the office are generally helpful as long as they aren't busy. The post I responded to mentioned AutoCAD proficiency as a preferred skill. The program Cyient uses bares little resemblance to AutoCAD, but can be picked up with little trouble given enough time and adequate training.
Great place to work, fun and great food.
Best place to work, my team is really good. will go to lunch every tuesday and moives, zoo on month ending. Flexible timings and challenges. Sprint planning and standup everday
I was promised more than was offered
the people I worked with were very friendly, but there was no room for upward mobility, after speaking with other co-workers that had been there 15 years, they were still doing the same job they started out doing.
Very Good
CYIENT is a good company to work with innovative and adds value to Customers Buisness by having technology and resources in Systems Integration Verification & Validation.it provides engineering support to the clients they look for.
Deceptive Job titles
Job titles may not be as presented. FPGA positions are advertised but there is very little knowledge within this company. There is a makeshift lab in the Melbourne site but nothing in there is used or useful. It is largely antiquated as there is no hardware to build, test or repair at this site.
Everyone is either fresh out of school or a software engineer with little, if any, experience with FPGA's. There is primarily quality checks on existing designs completed by Cyients clients. Design engineers should be very clear to what they are applying if the position is described as design or even FPGA. There was no interaction with any FPGA devices from any of the manufacturers or any electronics on site during my entire time of employment. Neither was any of the FPGA toolsets used at anytime. As I asked numerous times, management made it clear that there are NO PLANS to do or acquire any design work. Apply wisely.
Good to work and learning
Great opportunity to learn and workplace. Management always thinking about business. employee has to work hard to maintain work and family life balance.
The customer and profit are the only things that matter
There is limited PTO, limited employee engagement, limited employee recognition. You are a number in the system and they only care about making a profit.
Pros
Health insurance
Cons
No sick time, Limited employee engagement, they don't care.
It is a good place to learn aspects of telecommunications.
The environment is one of few where people are allowed to flexibility yet get the job done. Jobs assigned to employees have significance not known to public.
Cyient had a good group to work with.
This was a role starting at the NPI phase and ended when site management was satisfied with the components and tooling then accepted the product to build.
Non inclusive company
Home base in India mostly Indian workers if you watch 0 blacks or Latinos no Asians non diverse her company really no culture at all if you're not Hindu or Sikh poor management what else red I could say probably everything I don't recommend working for this company at all if your US citizen
Productive and Fun work place
Everyday we can learn new things and improve our technical knowledge. Healthy Environment to work. More importance for innovative thinking and innovation.
Terrible place to work
I work for cyient, and they do not give annual raises. I know an employee that hasn't gotten a raise in the past 2 years. Managers have attitudes. I will leave here as soon as I can arrange it.
Oversaw application of RTV (rubber) to metal components.
Oversaw application of RTV (rubber) to metal components. Collaboratively worked with Mechanical, Manufacturing, Quality Engineers, and Floor Mechanics. Ensured that the process was followed and updated while adhering to strict quality manufacturing Metrics (involving material & energy usage).
Worked from home
Jobs started tailing off recently. Looking for other work. Enjoyed working with customers and visiting different sites throughout the DFW area. Was able to set my own schedule.
Okay place to start
Don't get stuck here. Its a good place to get your feet wet in the industry, but with little room for growth and insignificant raises, its not a place to be at long term.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cyient. Our community is ready to answer.
2.9
Ratings from women
InHerSight Score
2.9Personal Development
3.0Career Opportunities
3.5Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight