Cyient Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Excellent
Project Engineer (Current Employee) –  East Hartford, CTJuly 16, 2018
Great company to grow as a professional. Great colleagues and managers. Pleanty of work and OT, benefits and holidays are ok to start. People are willing to help.
Springboard but little else
IT Analyst (Former Employee) –  East Hartford, CTJune 17, 2018
The job should be used as a springboard and little else. Work is inconsistent and management has difficulty keeping employees engaged. Accrued sick time if particularly vexing. Snow day and can't get into work? You may have to work that weekend to make up the hours.
Pros
Flexible hours, great co-workers, new skills
Cons
Terrible management, acrrued sick/vacation time, no job stability
No careers, Cyeint is just a job.
Manufacturing Engineer (Former Employee) –  Jupiter, FLMay 12, 2018
Cyient in Florida, is a company of conformity. Every employee is the same, regardless of the obvious differences. Management is exempt from the rules they create and will police employees to follow those rules. There is no opportunity for advancement or raises or bonuses or commissions. The only way to move up is to wait for someone to retire.

Cyient does offer some benefits and the sub-market pay is steady, as long as the customer is willing to pay first.

The company hires three main demographics: the recent graduates who couldn't get a job anywhere else (management told me they look for graduates with lower GPAs because they'll stick around longer than a year or two), parents who want to provide a stable home for their kids, and the recently "retired" who still want to work. Go-getters need not apply, advancement is nonexistent.
Pros
It's a paycheck
Cons
management, culture, lack of opportunity
Productive and fun workplace with ping pong table.
IT Technical Support (Former Employee) –  PrishtinaMay 8, 2018
Companies are increasingly aware that in order to attract the top talent, they need to make the working environment fun and enjoyable. Its good to have a ping pong table, to relax when you have free time at work.
Pros
free lunches, free drinks.healthcare
Cons
healthcare
Decent Company and Management
Quality Engineer (Current Employee) –  Windsor Locks, CTApril 17, 2018
Decent Company and Management, There are certainly worse places and people to work and work for. My assignment is at a customer facility and rather autonomous from the company other than the typical administrative processes therefore this is more difficult to review in a direct manner.
Management no good
CAD Drafter (Current Employee) –  Paragould, ARApril 8, 2018
Place is run by religion..if you do have the same beliefs as everyone else, you won't make it long. Good luck, it is only the environment..other wise I love what I do.
great job
Net Developer (Former Employee) –  Tupelo, MSMarch 6, 2018
GREAT JOB, I have been in the Arlington office for 6 months. I have had town hall meetings with the president of Cyient Inc, Cyient Ltd, several VP's and HR. Cyient does a GREAT job with keep in contact with employees LISTENING and striving to do the things that employees want.
Pros
good to work at
Don't work here
Honeywell GSI 9000 lLead (Former Employee) –  DEC USA ARLINGTON TEXASMarch 6, 2018
Company cannot make a decision. Management slow to respond and lacking interest. Once your contract ends that's it, no severance, no communication you are simply dropped. They pay low wages and pick unskilled replacements at lower pay rate over skilled. India based so they get priority. Contests or events are based on India and US people are ignored ALWAYS.
Pros
Relaxed work without expectations
Cons
You do not matter, you are nothing more than a tool easily discarded.
Technical Lead
Technical Lead (Current Employee) –  Cranberry Township, PAFebruary 22, 2018
I have been working at Cyient full-time. The work is good within the limits of scope. The work life balance is very good and awesome at Cyient. The paid vacations are good.
Pros
Good Work Life Balance
Cons
Salary is less compared to market
Overall a good place to work.
Instrumentation Technician (Current Employee) –  East Hartford, CT 06108February 19, 2018
I have worked at Cyient for 3 years. During this time , I have learned a great deal. I have learned how to apply thermal coupling wires, install Lasers, Accelerometers, solder connectors and Stain Gages. I have also learned how to communicate with Telemetry and how the aircraft communicates with Telemetry, and furthering my knowledge of aircraft drawings.
Pros
Management is easy to work with.
Cons
No compensation for working 2nd shift.

Want to know more about Cyient?

Ask a question
Great company
Field Technician (Current Employee) –  Tupelo, MSFebruary 13, 2018
It’s a great company but i am eager to relocate to a different state. We travel to different states for 1 to 2 weeks at a time but my dream is to live in Colorado.
Pros
Good money
Cons
Not a lot of organization
Good place to start a career
Project Engineer (Current Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLFebruary 10, 2018
Pros

Quality engineering experience early on in your career. Depending on which team you work for, can tap into a wealth of knowledge from experienced engineers

Cons

Not much incentive for upward mobility
No sick days. Hourly, so things that out of your hands (inclement weather, customer purchase orders not coming in etc..) hours are expecting to be made up on your own time.
No sick days. Have to earn PTO, not given at the beginning of the year
fun work place with ping pong table
Project Engineer (Current Employee) –  Peoria, ILFebruary 6, 2018
The biggest pro to working with this company is the work flexibility. As long as you get your work done, get your time in, and are working the same hours as anyone else you may be working with, then your schedule is as flexible as you need it to be. Provided that you clear it with management and is within reason.

Dress code is more relaxed than most, unless company is expected. If customers or higher management isnt coming for a visit, then jeans and plain shirts are acceptable.
Pros
work flexibility, easy going friendly environment, work variety
Cons
not much PTO
good
SQL Developer (Former Employee) –  INJanuary 16, 2018
It is a great place to work. All of the jobs do require your attention to detail. The management is very versatile. Most of the people I work are great.
Not a good company to work for
Engineering Manager (Former Employee) –  Peoria, ILJanuary 13, 2018
No raises in 7 years...management is terrible... so called engineering manager is spineless and worthless... no loyalty... don't recommend starting new job there because they won't be around much longer, unless looking for short term position that will go nowhere
Pros
Cons
Management, low pay, no raises, hr dept
January 18, 2018

Thank you for your feedback. We regret that your individual experiences have not been satisfactory. Every day, we strive to uphold our Value FIRST philosophy and the core values upon which our company was built, including fairness, integrity, respect, sincerity and trust. We recognize, however, that there is always room for improvement, and we take your feedback very seriously. We invite you to call our HR department or email so that we may resolve your specific concerns.

It was ok to begin with but not now
Assisting in the design of new customer rings (Current Employee) –  I work from home.November 22, 2017
Our work has gotten down to almost nothing. Our local manager does a good job. The job used to be enjoyable when we stayed busy. There were times when we worked as much as 60 to 70 hrs, per week, sometimes all night. We always delivered projects on time or ahead of time. We never heard any thanks or compliments.
Cons
No benefits
Indian based Company with no standards
Project Lead (Current Employee) –  USAOctober 21, 2017
Their mission statement should read, "Overworked and severely underpaid". Project managed a workload of 10-15 with staffing of 2. Cyient's culture doesn't acclimate to American standards. The company is discriminatory and doesn't value people.
Pros
Storytelling
Cons
Management, No HR team, Salary
January 30, 2018

Thank you for your feedback. We are pained to hear your feedback. As an organization, we take ethnic and community bias very seriously. We are happy to discuss offline and resolve any specific case of discrimination you may have faced. Thank you!

It's a job, not a career
Senior ASIC Design Engineer (Current Employee) –  Milpitas, CAOctober 18, 2017
They seem unable to break out of the job shop mold, and you are really busy when they have a project with a client, but lately they have been poor with landing follow-on projects. If you are idle for too long, you get the boot. Revolving door syndrome.
I wouldn't recommend this company; poor management
Office Worker (Former Employee) –  ConnecticutOctober 9, 2017
Parent company is in India. Decisions, policies, procedures and work is monitored or dictated by management in India. Due to time zone factors and other reasons, communication is poor between countries. If something goes wrong, no one admits the error and thousands of emails get passed around with everyone copied on them. There is a lot of finger pointing and some dishonesty. Managers say they are going to do things and they don't There is no team work and everyone is out for themselves. You are generally on your own if you need help. Leadership is also male dominated with fewer options for women. Benefits and Paid time off are terrible!
Pros
Decent salaries and job movement possible
Cons
Benefits, Paid time off and Management
January 18, 2018

Solid place to work
PROJECT ENGINEER (Former Employee) –  East Hartford, CTOctober 3, 2017
I definitely enjoyed my time working for Cyient and would definitely go back. The PTO and benefits leave something to be desired but the pay is solid.
Pros
Pay, Flexibility
Cons
Pto, Benefits

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cyient. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.5InHerSight Score

3.0Personal Development

3.5Career Opportunities

4.1Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight