Cyient Employee Reviews

Best workplace in Engineering domain
Design Engineer (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNNovember 6, 2018
Excellent company to work with. There have not been a single incident till date where I felt like leaving this wonderful organization. Management is very experienced and they care for their associates. Long way to go...Cyient rocks!!
Experience for new graduates
Structure/Thermal Engineer (Current Employee) –  East Hartford, CTOctober 18, 2018
This company provides opportunities for people who graduated recently. Whatever field you enter, you will be doing real engineering work. However, that's pretty much all you'll get, experience. There are not a lot of opportunities for career advancement and growth or incentive really. All and all, not a bad place to start and get that "2+ years of experience" needed for most jobs. Past that it's not a place to build a career for a majority of employees.
Pros
Early, real experience
Cons
Minimum career growth, High turnover
Great Company
Airfoil Design Engineer (Current Employee) –  East Hartford, CTOctober 11, 2018
Good company to work for, it is great working here. They care about you, good benefits. I did Creating & manipulating complex solid models. Incorporating Development and Production Engineering Changes that affect Bills of Material and component interface. Interfacing and coordinating engineering disciplines to promote the exchange of necessary data in support of engine builds. Developing and designing solutions to part definition and assembly that adhere to customer and program requirements.Communicating design definition to internal customers. Creating detailed assembly drawings.
Understanding of (GD&T) standards and the ability to interpret manufacturing drawings.Knowledge of manufacturing processes such as welding, stamping, casting, sheet metal, injection molding and
OSP Design Engineer (Former Employee) –  Thousand Oaks, CASeptember 13, 2018
Conduct quality assurance review of completed engineering drawings. Deal with needy customer, who was later ecstatic with my results. Team environment. Mechanical management style.
Pros
Team environment
Cons
Compensation
Sr Human Resources Specialist (Former Employee) –  Paragould, ARSeptember 7, 2018
I enjoyed my 6 yr tenure at Cyient. Friendly atmosphere, great learning experience. The benefits & pay were competitive. My boss was a great mentor & cared about my career succession.
Pros
Benefits, Flexibility, Employee Engagements
Cons
Position was relocated
Good Company, bad lay offs
Fiber Optic Field Engineer (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 27, 2018
Cyient was one of my favorite jobs to date. The work was a balance of field work and office work. I was allowed to have a lot of freedom over how each day went, as you do most of your own scheduling. Good Benefits and ability to work remotely.

Company did no offer a severance package when I was laid of. The lay off was no fault of my own they just lost work to another company and couldn't keep me.
Pros
Good Benefts, Work Remotely, Work/Life Balance
Cons
No Severance package
Productive and very diverse
Data Analyst (Former Employee) –  East Hartford, CTAugust 26, 2018
Learn alot on different projects in addition worked on new program software and a better way of doing thing with Microsoft windows.. Enjoyed worked with different people from other cultures.
Hardest part was learning something I had not done before and I was challenged which was rewarding to me,
Pros
Celebrate employee birthdays on a monthly basis
Cons
Healthcare, plus no job security as contracts ends
I love my job just need extra money to supplement
Team Lead VA Drafting (Current Employee) –  Paragould, ARAugust 14, 2018
I love my job just need extra money to supplement.
- Manage team
- Do all reports for upper management
- Answer questions for all engineer and team members
- QA all work before goes to the customer
- Know all regions our team is involved in
- Data entry
- Make sure customers are satisfied
- Get access for new systems
Cyient was an ok place to work.
EQN Project Engineer (Former Employee) –  West Hartford, CTAugust 1, 2018
Cyient was ok, I had a very specific almost data entry type of job, did not really require an engineer to do it, and they eventually figured that out!
No Advancement-Job Work/Life imbalance
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Belden, MSJuly 29, 2018
Although this company has a relaxed work environment, there are no opportunities for advancement. Performance appraisals are completed yearly but they have no affect on your raise/promotion. Raises are barely cost of living for non management employees and promotions are not at all based on your work ethic or experience with the company. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to work from anywhere in the United States. However, this was overshadowed by the fact that management has a tendency to expect you to give your entire life to the company despite their lack of encouragement through salary and award.
Pros
telecommuting opportunities
Cons
unorganized management
Excellent
Project Engineer (Current Employee) –  East Hartford, CTJuly 16, 2018
Great company to grow as a professional. Great colleagues and managers. Pleanty of work and OT, benefits and holidays are ok to start. People are willing to help.
Cyient Inc
Delivery Assurance Representative (Current Employee) –  Windsor, CTJune 26, 2018
This company has a great team environment. Low stress, relaxed atmosphere. Staff is welcoming to new team members and always willing help one another. This is a great company to work for.
Pros
Flexibility in hours
Cons
contracts ending
Springboard but little else
IT Analyst (Former Employee) –  East Hartford, CTJune 17, 2018
The job should be used as a springboard and little else. Work is inconsistent and management has difficulty keeping employees engaged. Accrued sick time if particularly vexing. Snow day and can't get into work? You may have to work that weekend to make up the hours.
Pros
Flexible hours, great co-workers, new skills
Cons
Terrible management, acrrued sick/vacation time, no job stability
No careers, Cyeint is just a job.
Manufacturing Engineer (Former Employee) –  Jupiter, FLMay 12, 2018
Cyient in Florida, is a company of conformity. Every employee is the same, regardless of the obvious differences. Management is exempt from the rules they create and will police employees to follow those rules. There is no opportunity for advancement or raises or bonuses or commissions. The only way to move up is to wait for someone to retire.

Cyient does offer some benefits and the sub-market pay is steady, as long as the customer is willing to pay first.

The company hires three main demographics: the recent graduates who couldn't get a job anywhere else (management told me they look for graduates with lower GPAs because they'll stick around longer than a year or two), parents who want to provide a stable home for their kids, and the recently "retired" who still want to work. Go-getters need not apply, advancement is nonexistent.
Pros
It's a paycheck
Cons
management, culture, lack of opportunity
Productive and fun workplace with ping pong table.
IT Technical Support (Former Employee) –  PrishtinaMay 8, 2018
Companies are increasingly aware that in order to attract the top talent, they need to make the working environment fun and enjoyable. Its good to have a ping pong table, to relax when you have free time at work.
Pros
free lunches, free drinks.healthcare
Cons
healthcare
Decent Company and Management
Quality Engineer (Current Employee) –  Windsor Locks, CTApril 17, 2018
Decent Company and Management, There are certainly worse places and people to work and work for. My assignment is at a customer facility and rather autonomous from the company other than the typical administrative processes therefore this is more difficult to review in a direct manner.
Management no good
CAD Drafter (Current Employee) –  Paragould, ARApril 8, 2018
Place is run by religion..if you do have the same beliefs as everyone else, you won't make it long. Good luck, it is only the environment..other wise I love what I do.
great job
Net Developer (Former Employee) –  Tupelo, MSMarch 6, 2018
GREAT JOB, I have been in the Arlington office for 6 months. I have had town hall meetings with the president of Cyient Inc, Cyient Ltd, several VP's and HR. Cyient does a GREAT job with keep in contact with employees LISTENING and striving to do the things that employees want.
Pros
good to work at
Don't work here
Honeywell GSI 9000 lLead (Former Employee) –  DEC USA ARLINGTON TEXASMarch 6, 2018
Company cannot make a decision. Management slow to respond and lacking interest. Once your contract ends that's it, no severance, no communication you are simply dropped. They pay low wages and pick unskilled replacements at lower pay rate over skilled. India based so they get priority. Contests or events are based on India and US people are ignored ALWAYS.
Pros
Relaxed work without expectations
Cons
You do not matter, you are nothing more than a tool easily discarded.
Technical Lead
Technical Lead (Current Employee) –  Cranberry Township, PAFebruary 22, 2018
I have been working at Cyient full-time. The work is good within the limits of scope. The work life balance is very good and awesome at Cyient. The paid vacations are good.
Pros
Good Work Life Balance
Cons
Salary is less compared to market

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cyient. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Cyient.

Powered by Comparably