Cyient

Areas for improvement
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Sense of belonging
  • Fair pay for job

Great office and coworkers, not great pay or clear direction

If you're getting out of college and can handle a sink or swim kind of learning experience, then this is a good place to get started. But the benefits were just ok, and management often had their hands tied by corporate to really advance the workforce. This led to work contracts worth millions of dollars being agreed to whether or not we had capacity for it, cue underpaid workers either working wild overtime hours or just flat out leaving. i've heard it's gotten worse since i left unfortunately

Pros

Very Flexible and Helpful Team

Cons

Pay wasn't great and wheels spun often

Poorly Managed, Unorganized and Low Paying

In my time at Cyient, I found that they will say anything to get you in the door and then there will be zero follow up on promises or assurances.Over the course of 16 months they piled work on and rarely provided solutions to unattainable deadlines, management was nowhere to be found and when the unattainable deadlines passed, the blame was solely on you.They also promoted based off of seniority, not competence. The benefits were mediocre at best and at the end the team struggled because they were offering experienced candidates poor pay.

Pros

Never heard from anyone until you missed a deadline, so freedom?

Cons

See review.

They are taking away some holiday pay now.

First they cut 4% of every employee’s paycheck and now they are taking some paid holidays off, for example: thanksgiving we only get Thursday off and come back on Friday. Usually we had a week of vacation for Christmas to New Years. But now it’s only one day for Christmas and one day for New Years. THIS IS GETTING RIDICULOUS.

Great for place to gain experience, but not to stay long term

This is a great place to gain experience when starting your career. You are always learning something new. They will usually assign you to different projects after a couple months. I do jot recommend staying here long term however. Their compensation is very lack luster.

Pros

Great work environment

Cons

Low pay

Unappreciative, underpayed, expectations are for you to learn every job possible, with no/minimal pay increase

Management here is so unappreciative, they expect you to go way beyond your job description and expand into other positions without a pay raise. In drafting they often require mandatory overtime due to high volume of jobs, but they don’t want to hire more people because they won’t make as much revenue. They continue to try to hire young unmotivated workers so they can pay them significantly less and not hear complaints, which does not help the workload for the experienced because experienced people are expected to train the new hires while also maintaining their work output. If you’re a field technician, you’ll barely be in office, always traveling, lots of OT but again it’s very under appreciated and under paid . You are expected to travel to different cities to work with people from other branches of Cyient that are being paid more than you, when you are the one who is training them on how to do the work. Truly Unfair. The turnover is high and they can’t seem to find good people at all. They complain when you use PTO because they don’t have enough people staffed to handle workload. Management here wants to give you enough knowledge and training to do only so much, they do not want to give you enough industry knowledge to realize you can go to another company and get treated better. They use people like pawns to increase their revenue and make management more money. Not to mention the boss’s husband gets to work from home “for covid safety” while everyone else is mandated to work in office. Poor and unfair treatment all around.

Cons

Low pay, Unappreciative boss, Overworked

Would you rate your company five stars?

Rate your employer to help people make better career decisions.

Horrible company to work for

This company will promise you that it will be long term. It won't be. Once you do the work they need you to do, you will be let go. My fort wayne office was all let go once they "ran out" of work.

Pros

Cons

everything

Great start, no career

A good job to get into the industry if you have limited experience. Hours are somewhat flexible and you can come in later/stay later to leave early. Some supervisors are much more understanding than others. Some teams have substantially more work/stress than others. I've seen people work 1 out of 8 hours a day for 6 months straight. I've seen others work 60 hours every week for a year. Depends on the contract. They do have employee engagement events and lunch-ins. But to only have 10 days or so of accrued PTO (6 hours accrued a month), and well below average pay and insurance, it's just not worth staying. They were losing something like 30 people a month to much better offers. Never had a review or raise in 2 years there, and then they laid off people with absolutely no warning in COVID.

Pros

low stress, flexible hours, decent lower management

Cons

poor pay, no raises, low PTO, poor insurance

they sent my work off shore

u would be sent home early with no work because they sent my work off shore however they had to keep me there because that was against some of the customers rules and they were being shady

Pros

close to home and compensation was good

Cons

Sent my work to someone else off shore

Good

Work was not consistent , location of work and the hours were great. Time jo bbn s were given to cyient were not good. Also medical benefits were not that great either

affected by COVID-19 like everyone else. They adopted to remote access very easily

My expected long term employment was cut short by issues caused by COVID-19. They tried to keep the team engaged and working toward production until there was no option but to fur-low the staff with a promise to try and find jobs for everyone affected.

Jobs at Cyient

See more jobs

This company can do so much better

This company has so much potential to make an employee grow within their organization. There is no upward mobility for employees. Operation managers do not pay attention to lower-level employees. Pay and benefits are outdated and their merit raises are below industry standards and cost of living. Retention is very high and no wonder why everyone is leaving. Some managers are making efforts to train their people but do not get appreciated. I left this company knowing the future is pretty bad.

Great place to work, fun and great food.

Best place to work, my team is really good. will go to lunch every tuesday and moives, zoo on month ending. Flexible timings and challenges. Sprint planning and standup everday

The customer and profit are the only things that matter

There is limited PTO, limited employee engagement, limited employee recognition. You are a number in the system and they only care about making a profit.

Pros

Health insurance

Cons

No sick time, Limited employee engagement, they don't care.

Terrible place to work

I work for cyient, and they do not give annual raises. I know an employee that hasn't gotten a raise in the past 2 years. Managers have attitudes. I will leave here as soon as I can arrange it.

Okay place to start

Don't get stuck here. Its a good place to get your feet wet in the industry, but with little room for growth and insignificant raises, its not a place to be at long term.

Stay away

This place is a joke with no job security at all . Some people here have no idea of what they doing no overtime and Low pay Bad benefits Long background checks

A productive company

I have work for science for 2 and 1/2 years as a buyer for the first year and production control specialist and still there now. I feel the benefits are compatible with other companies although I wish there was more vacation time per year and sick pay it's combined with vacation time. It's considered PTO time two weeks per year, all in all it's a fair company to work for.

Good Company*

*Good Company to start your career. Since it is service base company, it is difficult to get challenging work. No other personal or professional benefits.

Steppingstone for young engineers to gain experience then move on

Ok for entry level types but most move on to higher paying positions after a couple of years. No sick time PTO only 2 weeks a year vacation. MED and 401k is ok. Work force primarily kids right out of college with zero experience. Work assigned is outsourced work from large aircraft engine maker and is year to year based on customer need I.E. at the end of the year you may be working a totally different position with or without the skill sets needed to perform the job.

The Columbus Branch is a fun and helpful work enviroment.

In Columbus, everyone pushes each other and help get the job done in a timely manner for the customers. As long as I get my 40 hours each week, having the freedom to work my schedule I need to have a happy work and home life.

Relaxed workplace

Cyient is a very relaxed workplace. You come in every morning and you do your regular tasks before you head out to the field. The hardest part of the job is the long survey routes they have that you must do on foot.

Pros

Long breaks, No micromanagment, decent pay

Cons

long walks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cyient. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Diversity score

out of 100
Comparably
Diversity Score
Top 15%
In the Top 15% of similar size companies
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Cyient.
Powered byComparably