Cylance, Inc.

Cylance, Inc. Employee Reviews

United States20 reviews
eh. everything is average. The worst thing was the management. They only wanted to get the job done. They never cared about developers and their happiness.
I started working at Cylance as a contractor and was converted to full-time after six months. It was a great experience. Great leadership and a passionate team of creatives that made it fun to come to work everyday. Impossible to get bored or complacent when you're inspired to get better everyday by the people around you.
Would do better with balance and less hoopla around every task and desk being a constant bar of major accomplishment. Creates hostility and stress. Better balance between work and home life.
Penny smart, pound foolish is the best way to describe the current culture. Following process for the sake of process with no critical thought given as to whether it makes the most sense. Just sad how the company has declined.
Overall, I like working at Cylance. Meetings are at a complete minimum which means a lot more time to get work done. There is a mix of work (UI, API, windows, osx, linux).

The bad part is the middle management approach. There doesn't appear to be any sense of accountability. As a result, things change often because one person deems it right without planning or consideration on workload being introduced.
Would you recommend working at your company?
Help people considering your employer make a good choice.
Extensive training with an open knowledge-sharing atmosphere. Fast paced work environment with friendly and helpful management. I worked remotely from a home office, kept customer appointments and attended meetings over the internet.
Pros
Work remotely
They're transitioning right now.

They just got major Series E funding, and different factions are fighting over whether it's time to write enterprise software or if it's a startup with too much money.

Top-level tech decisions are driven by an old-school perl hacker who micromanages and wastes his time dictating trivia. Some managers want to fix the existing broken code (someday, when there's time). Others just want to focus on cranking out new features as fast as possible. Both types prefer "tried and true" technology: much of it was deprecated 10 years ago.

They spent 2 years getting a microservice into production. They totally missed the points that could have made this a good move.

But they're driving hard to force devs to write unit tests, because those will fix everything.

Data scientists write a lot of the problematic code. Then they hand it to "real" developers to convert from homework project to something serious. Usually without any explanation of how it works or what it's supposed to do.

They're trying to improve. They hired a new architect in February. He gave up and moved on in September.
Pros
Frequent free meals, well-stocked kitchen. Unlimited PTO
Cons
Good luck finding time to take any PTO
Great place to work if you are looking to learn and contribute to a worthy cause, but expect long endless days and lots of moving and changing requirements.
Everyone was friendly and quick to assist. The atmosphere was refreshing as everyone there had on a happy disposition. I learned how to associate with different people. The workplace culture was very exciting because most if not all people were very personable.
Pros
Lunches, gifts, get to know many different types of people!
Cons
I worked with an agency, my time there was cut short because of it.
There are group meetings, lunches, but they don't offer flexible working hours nor work from home option. Managers have been good but not too many internal promotions or internal transfers. Managers prefer to hire someone they know from previous companies rather than promoting the internal employees.
Outstanding security product
Great benefits and income potential

Autonomous work environment

Great deal of travel and event management

Excellent management and corporate culture

Very well funded
Pros
Great product, income and benefits
Cons
Grew very fast resulting in layoffs
Being an intern made my typical work day different than those on the team. I was given an option on what project I wanted to work and was let loose on it. I was able to ask the team for help on my tasks and was able to learn from their expertise. I was able to learn more about AWS and what goes in the company just by being around the team.
I never work as hard as I did in my hole career like I worked at Cylance. But if your not buddies with the VP then you have no chance of lasting that long.
Pros
Non
Cons
Its all about who you know.
I was with the company for 6 months.

In 6 months I closed 29 net new opportunities and attained 68% quota for the year. I left for surgery on my left and right hip and during my recovery I was laid off during company wide lay offs.
Pros
good technology
Cons
leaders, bad decisions management
I love working here!It is an amazing company to work for and they have awesome benefits available to all of their employees. The CEO is a great also.
Cylance was a great company, however the people chosen for management were not wise. My coworkers were great and helpful in all situations which made me more effective at my job.
Pros
Free lunches, endless immentities
Cons
Never had time to take a break
Great place with great perks. Kitchens are stocked with great stuff. Paid lunch (brought in) every other week. Very casual dress code.
Employee moral is important.
Pros
Very employee centric
Cons
Management changes targets on a daily basis
Cylance has a great company culture. Very fast paced and constant change of processes. Expected to work long hours. Not a lot of positive reenforcement.
The workplace culture is great and everyone is working towards the mission of success.
Management support and setting reasonable goals is weak..

The people and the products are the best part of working for Cylance.
Pros
Camaradarie, Great solutions & technology
Cons
Unrealistic Goals
loved my team and manager I worked with. Plenty of room to voice your opinion and to have your voice heard. Everyone is pretty receptive to new ideas/change. Excellent culture.