Cylance, Inc. Employee Reviews

Great place, if you love ancient technology
Software Engineer, Sr (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 26, 2018
They're transitioning right now.

They just got major Series E funding, and different factions are fighting over whether it's time to write enterprise software or if it's a startup with too much money.

Top-level tech decisions are driven by an old-school perl hacker who micromanages and wastes his time dictating trivia. Some managers want to fix the existing broken code (someday, when there's time). Others just want to focus on cranking out new features as fast as possible. Both types prefer "tried and true" technology: much of it was deprecated 10 years ago.

They spent 2 years getting a microservice into production. They totally missed the points that could have made this a good move.

But they're driving hard to force devs to write unit tests, because those will fix everything.

Data scientists write a lot of the problematic code. Then they hand it to "real" developers to convert from homework project to something serious. Usually without any explanation of how it works or what it's supposed to do.

They're trying to improve. They hired a new architect in February. He gave up and moved on in September.
Pros
Frequent free meals, well-stocked kitchen. Unlimited PTO
Cons
Good luck finding time to take any PTO
Working at Cylance Inc. I learned of new cultures' ways. A breath of fresh air environment!
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAJuly 6, 2018
Everyone was friendly and quick to assist. The atmosphere was refreshing as everyone there had on a happy disposition. I learned how to associate with different people. The workplace culture was very exciting because most if not all people were very personable.
Pros
Lunches, gifts, get to know many different types of people!
Cons
I worked with an agency, my time there was cut short because of it.
Good benefits, not flexible on working hours
Staff Accountant (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAJune 8, 2018
There are group meetings, lunches, but they don't offer flexible working hours nor work from home option. Managers have been good but not too many internal promotions or internal transfers. Managers prefer to hire someone they know from previous companies rather than promoting the internal employees.
Fast paced and fun work environment
Senior Account Manager for TOLA Region (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 9, 2018
Outstanding security product
Great benefits and income potential
Autonomous work environment
Great deal of travel and event management
Excellent management and corporate culture
Very well funded
Pros
Great product, income and benefits
Cons
Grew very fast resulting in layoffs
Fun place to work at and learned a lot while there
DevOps Intern (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAMarch 15, 2018
Being an intern made my typical work day different than those on the team. I was given an option on what project I wanted to work and was let loose on it. I was able to ask the team for help on my tasks and was able to learn from their expertise. I was able to learn more about AWS and what goes in the company just by being around the team.
Full of cliques, it dosn't matter how hard you work! It is more about who your buddy is.
Senior Production Manager, Marketing/Design (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CANovember 21, 2017
I never work as hard as I did in my hole career like I worked at Cylance. But if your not buddies with the VP then you have no chance of lasting that long.
Pros
Non
Cons
Its all about who you know.
Poor management and C level decisions
Corporate Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CANovember 14, 2017
I was with the company for 6 months.

In 6 months I closed 29 net new opportunities and attained 68% quota for the year. I left for surgery on my left and right hip and during my recovery I was laid off during company wide lay offs.
Pros
good technology
Cons
leaders, bad decisions management
Great Place to Work
Regular Employee (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAAugust 22, 2017
I love working here!It is an amazing company to work for and they have awesome benefits available to all of their employees. The CEO is a great also.
Great Place to Work
Senior Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAJune 22, 2017
Cylance was a great company, however the people chosen for management were not wise. My coworkers were great and helpful in all situations which made me more effective at my job.
Pros
Free lunches, endless immentities
Cons
Never had time to take a break
I was a contractor
Contract Systems Administrator (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAJune 9, 2017
Great place with great perks. Kitchens are stocked with great stuff. Paid lunch (brought in) every other week. Very casual dress code.
Employee moral is important.
Pros
Very employee centric
Cons
Management changes targets on a daily basis
Great culture
Senior Events Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAApril 28, 2017
Cylance has a great company culture. Very fast paced and constant change of processes. Expected to work long hours. Not a lot of positive reenforcement.
Great company culture and great team mates
Channel Sales Director-Consulting Services (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAApril 13, 2017
The workplace culture is great and everyone is working towards the mission of success.
Management support and setting reasonable goals is weak..
The people and the products are the best part of working for Cylance.
Pros
Camaradarie, Great solutions & technology
Cons
Unrealistic Goals
Productive, yet easygoing workplace
Technical Recruiter (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAFebruary 13, 2017
loved my team and manager I worked with. Plenty of room to voice your opinion and to have your voice heard. Everyone is pretty receptive to new ideas/change. Excellent culture.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cylance, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Cylance, Inc..

Powered by Comparably