CynergisTek Employee Reviews

Not the same
Customer Service Representative (CSR) (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 22, 2018
When I started working for Auxilio, as bad as things were, they weren't as crazy as they have gotten after they acquired CTek. After the acquisition, people of all different levels in the company started being laid off - from the CEO to the lowest levels of Customer service reps. As far as the teams on the east coast, they are scrambling for team members because they are now stretched to the max and the employees are leaving because they are overworked and not being paid enough.
Great company to work for.
Regional Director/Service ManagerDirector / (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 29, 2018
Cynergistek is a good place to learn and develop your career skills. The company prides itself with great client retention and rewards its employees for their achievements and work ethics.
Pros
Great at developing careers
Cons
expensive health care
Unhealthy Place - All Told
Director of Client Services, Southeast (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 10, 2018
Lots of people that talk alot about nothing and cover their rear ends and then cover their bosses rear ends, then hope to bs the client about the incredible amount of self agrandising..Oy, what a headache.
Pros
Likeable CEO
Cons
Managment that think its Alien Vault
Small growing company
Data Privacy Analyst 1 (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMarch 6, 2018
A typical day at work is very busy. I learned a lot. Management could learn to be more of a people person. The workplace culture is great! The hardest part of the job is to learn how to word things for the manager. The most enjoyable part of the job is learning everything and once you get the hang of it all.
Pros
Free food, free benefits and good people to work with
Cons
A lot to learn in a little time, manager wants things done their way or else
Hard working and fair people
Resident Manager (Current Employee) –  San Francisco Bay Area, CAOctober 22, 2017
Expectations were do your job and at the end of the day you will be treated fair and with respect. The company is spread out over the US so you needed to be able to manage your end of things
A great place for anyone willing to put in the effort.
Information Technology Manager (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 26, 2017
The best thing about CynergisTek is the people. The cause of helping healthcare providers keep patient data secure and protected is a very worthy cause. At work, I am surrounded by incredible people all working to make this cause a reality. The nature of consulting work provides flexibility and a fast-paced work environment. I am often overloaded, but always have the support to get the job done, and I feel great doing it.
Pros
brilliant people, rewarding career
Cons
demanding, fast paced work environment.
Good Company for learning and advancement
vCISO / Lead Information Security Architect (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJune 29, 2017
A great company to work for that has solid opportunities for advancement and growth. Travel can be somewhat tedious at times - but there is a good overall work/life balance between time on the road and time at home. I would recommend to anyone looking to make a change.
Pros
Generous company allowances and work/life balance.
Cons
Lots of travel
Great culture, fast moving, lots of recognition
Sales Executive (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 22, 2017
The hours are normal, no working weekends or late nights. The exceptions are consultants if a client has a breach or outage, and we need to fly in to support them. But that is pretty rare, and you are totally superman in that moment.

Great staff, great management. Everyone is positive and focused on customer service.
Pros
Staff, culture, work
Cons
Vacation policy is a bit weird
Good Product, Management lacking
Principle Information Security Consultant (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXFebruary 25, 2017
CynergisTek has a good product that they provide to the Healthcare Industry. However, in my experience, the management side fell short in many areas and could use improvement.
Pros
remote work
Cons
management
Don't waste your time
Data Analyst (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 13, 2016
Everyone was salaried and worked long hours with no work/life balance. They are in the process of improving on-boarding but the cost is not understanding what is being trained due to multiple systems and redundancy for things like time management, benefits, and notes.
I was terminated due to asking for training on my actual position. My supervisor was gone the majority of the time and was going to be on vacation the next week and she told me to not ask my (only) coworker questions. I got to the point where I could not ask anyone questions within one week and knew they were not ready to fill this position.
I think there was a lot of potential and I am really disappointed things turned out the way they did. Be expected to know your job immediately because they will not wait for you to catch up. If you have done the exact position before, you might like the company.
Pros
The benefit package is decent.
Cons
Long hours is the expectation. Expect to have 3-6 interviews prior to being hired.

Want to know more about CynergisTek?

Ask a question
Healthcare Consulting Firm on the Rise
Director of Client Services (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXFebruary 29, 2016
Up and coming healthcare consulting firm specializing in privacy, IT, and compliance. Remote based position that included travel up to 50% of the time. Team based selling with eperts available for help closing deals

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CynergisTek. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about