Cypress-Fairbanks Independent School District Employee Reviews

Very diversified, motivated and hands on school district
Instructional Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cypress-FairbanksMarch 23, 2019
This school district is huge and is very diversified. It has many Title I schools. It is strongly driven by benchmark testing and data. There are great leaders throughout the district, but every school has a unique culture of its own based on the population and administrative leadership.
Best work experience
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Cypress, TXMarch 16, 2019
I love working for the district.The Human Resources staff is so friendly and helpful when it comes to growing within the company has great opportunities for people to grow within this district
Good work place
Paraprofessional/Clinic Assistant (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 7, 2019
Good place to work and treated respectfully. Don’t apply unless you have a good work ethic as the district does not need dead weight. I plan to retire from this institution.
Pros
Good co workers.
Cons
Expensive insurance.
Great place to learn
Mechanic Technician (Current Employee) –  Cypress, TXMarch 6, 2019
As long as you have the basic skill to work on a bus, you will be able to learn the day to day requirements and expand your understanding on how to work on a bus
Great school district.
Substitute Paraprofessional (Current Employee) –  Cypress, TXJanuary 30, 2019
Love working with the children in the school. I have a chance to interact with different cultures thru the children that i help. I enjoy having the chance to see a children get the lesson.
Pros
Meeting new people
Cons
Low pay
Fun environment
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 24, 2019
I learned a lot working for the school district. fast paced environment. Meeting different people and motivating myself to reach every goal.Would recommend to anyone.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Not enough hours
A great job to preview the field of education
Program Leader (Former Employee) –  Cypress, TXJanuary 9, 2019
Working at Club Rewind, I would typically start my shift by checking in and going to the gymnasium where I would meet with my students after school let out. The children would come to me and they would all line up until all of my students arrived. Once I had all of my students, we would walk to the cafeteria where they would eat a snack then I would help them with their homework if needed. After homework and snack time, we would either go outside or to the gym (depending on the weather) where we would play some type of physical activity game. The students would be called to go home at different parts of the day and I was responsible for getting them to their parents.

I worked with five other people, one manager and four other program leaders. I really enjoyed my coworkers and we all worked together very well. I really enjoyed getting to be a person who my students got to spend time with after school. I also enjoyed teaching my students and helping them with their school work.
Eh
Lifeguard (Current Employee) –  Cypress, TXJanuary 2, 2019
Working here is alright for during the school year. Not a whole lot else. Too many lifeguards and not enough hours to go around. You do get to pick your own schedule which is nice, but no other benefits.
Pros
Pick your schedule
Cons
Not many hours
Resources and stress
ENGLISH TEACHER (Former Employee) –  Cyress, TexasDecember 11, 2018
Teaching in CFISD is good because there are a ton of resources. It also sucks because the oversight is endless and parents sometimes think they own you.
Pros
Gifts from parents and students, team planning, on sight resources
Cons
Conformity, everyone is expected to be the same
Knowledge
Cypress Fairbanks ISD (Student Athletic Trainer) (Former Employee) –  Katy, TXDecember 11, 2018
Loved working with athletic trainer and learn so much about anatomy.
Learning more about different treatments for the athletes.
Helping the athletes get stronger and prevent future injuries.

Want to know more about Cypress-Fairbanks Independent School District?

Ask a question
Great Work Environment
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Cypress, TXDecember 1, 2018
This district is great with building community and assisting ALL staff members- not just the educators. They are very supportive and are always finding ways to use their funds to better educate their students. Technology is TOP-NOTCH!
Pros
Collaboration with Colleagues
Productivity and accuracy
Temporary Clerical Assistance (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 1, 2018
My job was suited to my skills. there are times of the years where to office was very busy, and other times where it was less busy. Accuracy was the main objective.
Team Gathering
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 14, 2018
Great place to work in. I felt part of the ISD family. The hardest part of the job was to address all requests which were 100's and find a happy median for all parties.
Pros
Pro part of a team
Cons
NO cons
I don’t have anything to say
8th Grade Language Arts Teacher (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 11, 2018
I don’t have anything to say about the company. It is a large school district that has many employees. It is student success driven. The superintendent is awesome.
Gives you something to start with to move to something new.
Special Education Technology Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 4, 2018
If you have zero experience working with a technology business, you can get that experience to help you move to the next level of another business that is focused more on their technology employees.
Pros
Basic
Cons
No room for improvement
Best school district in the state of Texas
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 3, 2018
. I had the opportunity to work with amazing professionals for many years. As the district grew while I worked there, we continued to meet the needs of our changing demographics.. As a retiree, I continue to provide part-time assistance when needed..
It's all politics
TRANSPORTATION DATA ENTRY CLERK (Current Employee) –  Cypress, TXOctober 29, 2018
School and therefore school districts, should be about betterment, not politics. It's all politics - it's about how you know, not WHAT you know or HOW WELL you DO your job. I feel like I've spent the last 5 years spinning my wheels like a hamster!
Large District
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 27, 2018
Houston, TX
The work days are average.
I learned how to be an educator in a diverse place.
I enjoy being able to assist students in becoming their best.
production worker
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 14, 2018
Its a okay company to work for just there is no pay doing summer or other breaks not good for single mom or dad. Would be great for older people who have other income
Cons
pay
I enjoyed my job.
School Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 14, 2018
For the most part, the job was pleasant. A lot of children need discipline. I learned that there are many people with many different views on life. Management, in most cases, have your back. I enjoyed having seniority and stress free days. I also enjoyed nights and weekends off. The hardest part of the job was dealing angry parents.
Pros
Incentives for perfect attendance.
Cons
No pay over the Summer.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cypress-Fairbanks Independent School District. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2

Ratings from women

3.1InHerSight Score

2.9Personal Development

3.9Career Opportunities

2.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Cypress-Fairbanks Independent School District Reviews by Location