Cypress-Fairbanks Independent School District

4.2
Ratings breakdown
Very hard work
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Cypress, TXAugust 13, 2018
The hourly pay is great if you are able to work the breakfast and lunch hours. Most people only work the lunch shift which isn't enough hours to live off of.
Pros
Free meal
Cons
only a 4 hour work day
You were a little fish in a big pond.
3rd grade teacher (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 11, 2018
It is a very large district with a lot of employees do you don't feel get a tight knit feel. However, since it's larger they provide a lot of ongoing education.
Helpful teachers
Student Teacher (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 7, 2018
I student taught a Bleyl Middle School. I enjoyed working with the other science teachers because they worked well together and were very welcoming and willing to help when I showed up half way through the school year. However, I felt as though the teachers had trouble voicing their concerns to administration.
Bus Attendant (Former Employee) –  Cypress, TXAugust 5, 2018
I enjoyed helping the special need kids as they got on and off the bus every day. I love working with children. I was not a fan of getting up so early to go to my job.
Solid place to work in one of Texas' largest school districts
PROGRAM CLERK (Current Employee) –  Cypress, TXJuly 31, 2018
I work as a clerk for Club Rewind. The Community Programs sector of CFISD, while sometimes unorganized, has good management in place. The most enjoyable part of the job is the fun you get to have with your coworkers and the kids.
loved my job
Para/Substitute (L/T) Life Skills Teacher (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 29, 2018
I enjoyed Working with Special Need students, in an Elementary School. Each day was challenging, but there I was rewarded daily. My co-workers were abosolutely amazing.
Site specific review
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 18, 2018
I enjoyed working with the Social Studies team at Cy-Fair High School. Team members were highly qualified, collaborative and professional. My career was greatly enhanced by working with such a group.
Pros
great group to work with
Cons
Texas state government screws teachers with benefits and salaries
Challenging, but rewarding workplace
LIFE SKILLS AIDE (Former Employee) –  Katy, TXJuly 18, 2018
Working at the public school district of Cypress Fairbanks as a life skills aide was a challenging yet rewarding position. One is able to help students further understand the world around them at their pace so as to not overwhelm them.
I am now retired but able to be of value in this type of positon to remain active and help others maintain
Life Skills Advance Studies (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 11, 2018
A typical day at work was active. Many activities in motion at the same time. I had an assistant in the work area because of the different special needs classifications. We needed to reach every one individually needs according to their learning style. I learned that all student cannot be taught in the same way or method. The workplace culture consist of customary beliefs, social forms material traits of a racial, religious or social group and of difference ages. The hardest part of the job was convincing the parents that the students has the ability to learn and gain independence in some areas. The enjoyable part of the jobs was see the students eyes shine with excitement when he or she has accomplish a task and received a excellent grade in red ink.
Pros
breakfast was available for the needy
Cons
Short lunch breaks
Food Service Worker (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 6, 2018
Fast-paced work environment. The company was alright but the pay wasn't great. Employees aren't given many hours. Great company if you're looking for part-time employment.
flexibility
Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Cypress, TXJuly 3, 2018
I enjoyed the flexibility and how to drive safely. I appreciated the in service to keep you up to date on what was going on in our school districts. I was able to be home with my children on weekends and holidays
Pros
flexibility
Cons
short hours some days
Overall good district
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Cypress, TXJune 30, 2018
Experiences at district vary widely depending on the school and academic level of students by class. Some schools having a higher proportion of well-behaved, focused students than others.
Pros
Variety of job assignments and job sites
Cons
Poor pay - management support often weak or lacking
Teacher
Life Skills Teacher (Former Employee) –  Cypress, TXJune 25, 2018
Planned curriculum for the student. Implemented IEP and modifications. Collaborated with other teachers and paraprofessionals. Communicated with parents on a daily basis.
Pros
collaboration
Custodian/Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 25, 2018
Fast paced environment you have a big area of classrooms, hallways,and restrooms you have clean to do it all you have to pace yourself in everything you do.
Lifeskills Aide (Paraprofessional) (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 24, 2018
I love my job and the kids, unfortunately the compensation for paraprofessionals is not that great. I wish I could stasy forever, but I have to do what's best for my family.
20 year teacher
Educator (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 14, 2018
After 20 years teaching I found little to no support from my administration. A total failure in communication and unrealistic expectations. Changes are made on a whim with no consideration made to those that are affected.
Pros
Job security
Cons
Toxic environment
Nice work environment
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Cypress, TXJune 7, 2018
Your set your own schedule so that's a plus. You choose when and where you'll work for the day and if you'll even work that day. the pay is pretty decent considering the fact you're just a sub.
Great Staff
MIDDLE SCHOOL ENGLISH TEACHER (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 5, 2018
CFISD is a great school district with wonderful employees. Administration is educated, honest and fair. Professional development is readily available and encouraged for teachers.
Teaching is Rewarding, but does not pay the bills.
Teacher, Bane Elementary School, CFISD (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 23, 2018
Great place to work. The professional development may just be second to none. The management is well trained. The workplace culture is laid back at first, but becomes quick paced during testing season. The hardest part of the job is knowing when and how to budget financially. The most enjoyable part of the job is keeping in touch with former students via social media, or in the community- to see have they have grown to be great parents, season ticket holders, featured on HGTV, or become assistant symphony composers. It is so rewarding to know that so many of my students are positively impacting our nation. I love knowing that I taught them how to read and write!
Pros
Teaching anywhere is hard but the good days outweigh the bad press.
Cons
There just is not enough compensation, teachers can not afford to retire.
Money Theives
Support Staff (Former Employee) –  Cypress, TXMay 17, 2018
The community programs dept was stealing money from our paychecks. They were sued but not everyone was able to get compensated. The supervisor pressed on stealing time but they were stealing the entire time

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cypress-Fairbanks Independent School District. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.1InHerSight Score

3.0Personal Development

4.1Career Opportunities

2.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight