Cypress-Fairbanks Independent School District

Cypress-Fairbanks Independent School District Employee Reviews

4.2
Ratings breakdown
Food Service Worker (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 6, 2018
Fast-paced work environment. The company was alright but the pay wasn't great. Employees aren't given many hours. Great company if you're looking for part-time employment.
flexibility
Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Cypress, TXJuly 3, 2018
I enjoyed the flexibility and how to drive safely. I appreciated the in service to keep you up to date on what was going on in our school districts. I was able to be home with my children on weekends and holidays
Pros
flexibility
Cons
short hours some days
Overall good district
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Cypress, TXJune 30, 2018
Experiences at district vary widely depending on the school and academic level of students by class. Some schools having a higher proportion of well-behaved, focused students than others.
Pros
Variety of job assignments and job sites
Cons
Poor pay - management support often weak or lacking
Teacher
Life Skills Teacher (Former Employee) –  Cypress, TXJune 25, 2018
Planned curriculum for the student. Implemented IEP and modifications. Collaborated with other teachers and paraprofessionals. Communicated with parents on a daily basis.
Pros
collaboration
Custodian/Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 25, 2018
Fast paced environment you have a big area of classrooms, hallways,and restrooms you have clean to do it all you have to pace yourself in everything you do.
Lifeskills Aide (Paraprofessional) (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 24, 2018
I love my job and the kids, unfortunately the compensation for paraprofessionals is not that great. I wish I could stasy forever, but I have to do what's best for my family.
20 year teacher
Educator (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 14, 2018
After 20 years teaching I found little to no support from my administration. A total failure in communication and unrealistic expectations. Changes are made on a whim with no consideration made to those that are affected.
Pros
Job security
Cons
Toxic environment
Nice work environment
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Cypress, TXJune 7, 2018
Your set your own schedule so that's a plus. You choose when and where you'll work for the day and if you'll even work that day. the pay is pretty decent considering the fact you're just a sub.
Great Staff
MIDDLE SCHOOL ENGLISH TEACHER (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 5, 2018
CFISD is a great school district with wonderful employees. Administration is educated, honest and fair. Professional development is readily available and encouraged for teachers.
Teaching is Rewarding, but does not pay the bills.
Teacher, Bane Elementary School, CFISD (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 23, 2018
Great place to work. The professional development may just be second to none. The management is well trained. The workplace culture is laid back at first, but becomes quick paced during testing season. The hardest part of the job is knowing when and how to budget financially. The most enjoyable part of the job is keeping in touch with former students via social media, or in the community- to see have they have grown to be great parents, season ticket holders, featured on HGTV, or become assistant symphony composers. It is so rewarding to know that so many of my students are positively impacting our nation. I love knowing that I taught them how to read and write!
Pros
Teaching anywhere is hard but the good days outweigh the bad press.
Cons
There just is not enough compensation, teachers can not afford to retire.
Money Theives
Support Staff (Former Employee) –  Cypress, TXMay 17, 2018
The community programs dept was stealing money from our paychecks. They were sued but not everyone was able to get compensated. The supervisor pressed on stealing time but they were stealing the entire time
Very good team members
SPED-ADAPTIVE BEHAVIOR TEACHER ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 16, 2018
Enjoyed every day of this job, working with co-workers and students. I learned a lot having to engage with young adults in the education field, and I wouldn't trade the professional for any other profession
Ideal District
Secondary Teacher (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 9, 2018
Cypress Fairbanks ISD is a fantastic district to work for. I loved my teaching position at Cypress Falls High School - definitely one of the best high schools in Texas. The respect and support the staff receives and the principal's passion for excellence and unity, make this an ideal place to work. CFISD's salary scale and benefits package is excellent.
Pros
Outstanding and diverse staff
Cons
Large schools
Nice place to work in a part time position.
Program Clerk (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 1, 2018
Good work environment. Must make sure all children are present for the program, This is a part-time position for the morning and evening, Must be to work at least 10 minutes prior to the start of your shift.
Pros
wonderful working envirnoment and staff is great
Cons
part time postion only.
Awesome Administration
Paraprofessional (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 29, 2018
The admin at Jersey Village High School are awesome! They truly care about their staff and students. Working in a Life Skills classroom can be very hectic and high stress, but the lead teachers are good at delegating tasks to each paraprofessional.
It is ver reward the work I do
ESL Pre-Kindergarten Classroom Aide (Former Employee) –  Cypress, TXApril 27, 2018
I worked in a very productive environment. Staff was very creative and ready to open the minds of our students.

Students enjoyed learning and the exploring of new ideas.

There were time that it was difficult to engage a child with behavior issues, however sometime they would participate - not always but at times.

Education is a partnership between parents and staff. Nothing is more rewarding when a parent is involved complete in their children's accomplishments.
Management Issues
Paraprofessional (Former Employee) –  Cypress, TXApril 26, 2018
I enjoyed working in the school environment. I learned as much from the students as I taught them. But as in most work environments, it's all about who you know. Politics are such a big part of how hard they make your job.
Teacher
Spanish Teacher (Current Employee) –  Cypress, TXApril 20, 2018
Students were great the most difficult part is dealing with the parents.Every school has a different culture and the district is very large.One of the highest paying districts around.
Great position for 1st time job experience
Program Clerk (Current Employee) –  Cypress, TXApril 20, 2018
As a program clerk, I find the position to be very easy considering that most of the time is spent sending emails and printing out documents for the following day/wk. Also, placement of school, age group and amount of students will determine your work load. This program is the best place for a student in high school or college just starting out in the job experience world that is looking for minimal employment, with payment that does not equal to what you do everyday.
Pros
excess amount of time in between to handle school (1st yr college student), no distractions on the job
Cons
payment amounts, lack of hours on the clock, favoritism
Good place to start teaching
Public School Teacher (Former Employee) –  Cypress, TXApril 18, 2018
Fast paced interrupt driven environment. I worked on a variety of campuses and saw the benefit of stong leadership and the disadvantages of poor leadership.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cypress-Fairbanks Independent School District. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.1InHerSight Score

3.0Personal Development

4.1Career Opportunities

2.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight