Cypress Healthcare Partners Employee Reviews

Excellent Job
Senior Billing Client Rep (Current Employee) –  Monterey, CAMay 8, 2018
I am very happy working here I intend to retire from here. It is a fast pace environment which is a plus for learning new things and multi tasking .
Management is extremely nice and the human resource department is extremely helpful.
Cross trainning company
Biller/Collector (Current Employee) –  Monterey, CAMay 7, 2018
I have enjoyed working at cypress. I have been crossed trained in every field by excellent staff members. Is there ups and downs? Of course!!! But what company doesn’t. The importance is to be a team player and enjoy billing.
Pros
Lunches, bonuses and flexibility
Cons
Traffic
HR Specialist (Current Employee) –  CorporateMay 2, 2018
Great place to work with opportunity for advancement.
The CEO's have an open door policy and are approachable.
Work environment is very fast paced.
The job is different everyday.
Executive staff support continuing education.
Not great for long term
Account Rep (Former Employee) –  Monterey, CAMarch 30, 2018
This is a good place to learn the basics of medical billing, but not a place for long term. The pay is low and unless you supervisor is a family member it will take you a long time to get enough money to live in the Monterey area. Upper management is out of touch with the daily operations and what is needed to do the job. I felt overwhelmed and no matter how many times I asked for help or made it apparent as I could that I was doing my best, it was never enough.
Uptight
Medical Biller and Coder (Former Employee) –  Monterey, CAMarch 19, 2018
It's good to get the experience, but to stay long term would be stressful. Not much thorough training from management to further your experience. You kind of have to learn on your own and walk on tippy toes around everyone.
Productive & fun place
Sr. Performance Test Engineer (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 13, 2018
This was a great place to work for. Coworkers are almost like family. If you ever need help, everyone was more than happy to assist you. Good atmosphere.
Current Employee
Human Resources Specialist (Current Employee) –  Cypress CorporateMarch 1, 2018
Cypress Healthcare Partners is a great place to work. While being here for a short time, I plan to stay long term for I feel that this company provides resources to their employees to excel. While all are required to work hard, I believe this company has many "Pros" to working here. The supervisors are helpful when you need help and you can always ask questions with confidence. They provide monthly "morale" lunches that are paid by the company. The company offers their appreciation to the staff and are recognized. I recommend anyone to work here whether it is to gain experience in management to billing and collecting.
Friendly Staff
Biller/Collector (Current Employee) –  Monterey, CADecember 4, 2017
Very Family Oriented. Management is very flexible and understanding when it comes to time off. Its a very fast work pace but overall I enjoy working here.
Extremely poor management, immature office managers & staff. Rude and unproffesional with patients.
Medical Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Monterey, CANovember 2, 2017
Great job & some of the most amazing patients one could ever meet. It's a shame management and leads are poorly trained, unproffesional & immature. Its a feeling of dog eats dog as another previously described. Very very toxic work environment.
Pros
Patients
Cons
Everything except the patients
Not a good place to work
Medical Billing and Coding Specialist (Former Employee) –  Monterey, CAOctober 17, 2017
If your just looking for the experience to get your foot in the door, I would apply here, good for learning all aspects related to medical billing. They hire clerks, payment posters and sometimes coders. I would negotiate your pay if offered a job because people are always quitting. The raise is 23 cents per year, if your lucky to get a raise. Sometime they use the excuse there's no money for a raise or you will get a bad review just so they don't have to give you a raise. This company makes good money.
Pros
Cons
Bad management
One of the worse
Biller (Former Employee) –  Salinas, CAOctober 11, 2017
The place is a revolving door of people. Under paid, over worked and unappreciated. It’s a very dog eat dog environment. I wouldn’t recommend my worst enemy work here.
Not a fun place to work
reeptionist (Current Employee) –  Salinas, CAAugust 17, 2017
You have to use your own personal PTO for PAID Holidays, management does not care about favoritism in the work place, it seems like they almost prefer it. The environment in some of these offices is not healthy.
This job should be resume builder, not a career
Medical Billing and Collections Clerk (Former Employee) –  Monterey, CAJune 2, 2017
My favorite part about working here was some of the people I met. A few of them were actually genuinely nice people; however, the majority of the people make it feel like you're back in high school. People are so petty and stuck up when they literally have no reason to be. If people changed their attitudes, other wouldn't be as reluctant to leave this company. Upper management sucks. They do not know how to speak to their employees at all. I think that the owners, Mike and Bill, should really invest in training their team leads along with everyone in management on how to treat their employees and show them appreciation. I guarantee their high turnover rate would decrease. Compensation sucks. If you don't want to struggle financially, don't apply here. The way they pay their employees is unfair and ridiculous. You could be doing the exact same job as a person in another team (with different supervisor) and they could be making $6 an hour more than you. The morale lunches they have on a monthly basis defeat the purpose of building morale among the company. The food they buy is good. But it definitely does not help build the morale among the employees. Working here can definitely help you build a career in the medical field. Its a great stepping stone considering they are always hiring because of their high turnover rate. But this job should be temporary for anyone who works here. It should be a resume builder not necessarily a career because there is no where to move up. Also, this company isn't the most flexible when you have priorities outside of work. It is really hard to  more... take time off especially when they use your PTO to pay for holidays and sick days that they won't pay for.  less
Pros
Free lunches twice a month, some of the people there
Cons
Healthcare Benefits, Compensation, Upper Management, Employee Recognition, etc
I love the company I work for
Medical Coder (Current Employee) –  Monterey, CAMay 24, 2017
Cypress Healthcare Partners has taught me a lot in the two years I have been here, I managed to learn skills from clerical work, to billing and collections and medical coding. They have office luncheons and group morales. They give Christmas bonus' as well as monthly bonus' (if your group has met the monthly goal). I have made plenty of friends working here and continue to enjoy every moment working in this office.
Pros
Luncheons, bonus', friendly people
no comment
Billing and Collections Specialist (Former Employee) –  Monterey, CAApril 13, 2017
you will learn a lot but its not a place for someone who is not related to a boss. you wont get far If you have no family relation with upper management. Favoritism for sure. If you don't mind that, than you can learn a lot. This company is a learning step, to get your foot in the medical field.
Pros
you will learn a lot
Cons
poor pay, managment is poor
Nice people to work with
Medical Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Monterey, CADecember 7, 2016
The company all together is a good company. They work with their physicians and patients to make everything work. They do morale lunches every month for their teams and often have full corporate lunches. They have lots of perks such as Healthcare and sick paid time off. Sometimes the attitudes from the managers would really bring down the moral in the entire corporation.
People are nice
Billing and Collections Specialist (Current Employee) –  Salinas, CAOctober 19, 2016
You work hard without acknowledgement. Have learned different functions. Most of co-workers are nice. Very busy environment with not sufficient pay. I made many new friends.
Pros
Free luncheons every month
Cons
not enough compensation
Great environment filled with hardworking individuals
Billing Specialists /Medical Records Clerk (Former Employee) –  Monterey, CASeptember 2, 2016
A typical day working with team DOD billing and collections, handling patient calls while collecting and posting insurance and patient payments, resolve insurance disputes. Worked with all insurance companies. We work together as a team to achieve a clean A/R. Encourage one another to do our jobs to the best of our ability. I enjoyed working alongside my co-workers.
I wouldn't recommend this company to my worst enemy
Clerk (Former Employee) –  Monterey, CAAugust 1, 2016
All they care about is money.
You get paid very little, while expected to work the workload of 3-4 people.
There is never is there any acknowledgment for what you're doing right, quick to point out what you're doing wrong.
The management is a mean girls club that whisper about employees all day long. Majority of management talk down to anyone that approaches them or they come in contact with.
The owners don't make eye contact with employees.
There's a revolving door of people coming in and out, very few stay.
If you want to be micro managed and hate going to work everyday, be surrounded by people that equally hate their job... You should apply.
Cons
Time management; being talked to for 15 mins overtime.
I would not recommend this job to anyone.
Billing/Collections Specialist (Former Employee) –  Monterey, CAMay 25, 2016
In my opinion and experience;
This company has a very hostile work environment.
They demand that their employees perform tasks it would take 3 or more people to do with little pay.
Their supervisors say things to their employees like, "you're nothing more than a glorified clerk and not worth more than minimum wage" or "a monkey could do your job".
There is more expected of some than others especially if you are related to or friends with anyone in management.
The job itself was not hard, the unrealistic expectations (the division of labor) and the way management treated the employees was the hard part.
Talking to the patients and helping them with their accounts was the best part of the job.
Pros
monthly employee lunches and morale lunches
Cons
the rest