Cypress Semiconductor Corporation Employee Reviews

Learned A Lot
Corporate Strategic Planning (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CANovember 13, 2018
Cypress was my training ground, I worked in many departments and interfaced with Top Management including the CEO. Communications to all employees was very good, compensation and stock options were very good. My time here prepared me to further my career over the years.
Not a good fit
Thin Films Technician (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXNovember 12, 2018
The stress of working for inadequate pay was taking a toll on me. I finally had to let the job go and focus on getting an education and eventually working in the medical field.
Benefits
Cons
pay and stress
Exciting place to work
Sr Equipment Engineer (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNOctober 15, 2018
As a new engineer this company gives you a lot of responsibility from the start, but with the resources to be able to do well. Work life balance can be an issue
Freelance Writer at Cypress Semiconductor
Technical Writer and Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Lynnwood, WAOctober 15, 2018
Developed System-on-Chip Technical Reference Manual for Cypress customer SDKs. Managed all contributing engineers to deliver ahead of schedule. Company did not allocate sufficient funds to finish the project.
RAC Administrator (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CASeptember 30, 2018
I loved working at Cypress. It is an intense environment, but the best place to start a career. Working at Cypress I learned a lot and prepared me for all the jobs after that.
Pros
Cons
Intese environment
enough of this
Process and Equipment Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNSeptember 4, 2018
If your organization cannot provide a work around to these evaluations you are going to lose good candidates. Please refer this suggestion to I.T as it is important
work different shifts
Lead (Fab. Tech), 2004 – 2016 (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNAugust 17, 2018
good place to work, supervisors very understanding, ongoing training
good teamwork, lots of overtime, paid time off, bonus for not missing work yearly.
Pros
free, lunches, free holiday meals
Local sites are productive - corporate HQ is dysfunctional
Vice President (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAAugust 14, 2018
Executive level operations strategy / capability is severely lacking. Top heavy with executive management. Conflict between HQ and satellite locations
Tough but Fair
Senior Technical Writer/Editor (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAAugust 6, 2018
As one of the leading semiconductor companies in the world, the work culture at Cypress can be best described as tough but fair. Goals are set and employees are expected to met or exceed those goals with plenty of feedback and opportunities for redirection as needed.
Pros
On-site gym, on-site cafe, relatively flexible working hours, accessible management
Cons
Very spec driven
Productive workplace
Operator (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 18, 2018
Every day you have a list of tasks to be done along with your usual duties. Despite it, Most of the employees were very helpful when it came to something that was hard to understand. You also get 1.5 hours of break each day.
Pros
+2 off days every week
Cons

Want to know more about Cypress Semiconductor Corporation?

Ask a question
Great Legal Department
Senior Corporate Paralegal (Former Employee) –  San Jose CAJuly 12, 2018
I loved the excellent combination of self direction and challenging work. The legal team is cohesive and supportive. I no longer work there as staffing needs changed, but, would love to return
Collaborative Work Environment with authentic & competent management
Software consultant employed by Oxford (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORJuly 9, 2018
My time with the software team at Cypress Semiconductors is exciting and enriching. I am learning new skills and feel that my contributions are valued.

Fortunately, I can compose my daily work schedule at Cypress pretty freely, since I telecommute to Portland, OR from my home-lab in Florida.

Due to the 3 hour time difference, the daily meetings occur around 1PM EST. Selected Team members report the status of their projects and discuss difficulties or potential solutions. Due to time pressure to meet the current release dead-lines, these meetings are kept as short as possible.

During my on-site visits, almost the entire team was extremely helpful and freely available for explanations and support. My immediate team leaders unify competency, determination and authenticity, which greatly supports the creative and efficient work environment at Cypress.

Cypress chose Java for the main Modus application, while some supporting sidekick tools are written with C++. Developing some of these peripheral support applications is the focus of my 6 month contract.

Due to historical reasons, Cypress authorizes a “GUI committee” to review submitted GUI proposals without directly interacting with potential user groups of the software or with the responsible engineers who are supposed to develop the product. This process is hard to understand from my perspective.

To circumvent this unfortunate situation without affecting the project’s budget, my immediate managers have done everything they could to reach out to potential users for feedback and helped to allow modern “agile
  more... style” practices to be included in the design & development phase.

The trusting and helpful cooperation in the team has enabled us to release a fully functional prototype after only three month of design & development time.

The Cypress engineering team has the clear desire to focus more on modern UX/UI software engineering practices, but the available resources to push the Modus Toolbox towards more user-centric development goals might have to be increased to achieve a more significant impact.

I enjoy the friendly atmosphere among most team members, the exciting moments when everything “works” the way it should, and the funny card game we play during lunchtime in Portland.
Pros
Great collaborative work experience; Telecommuting is allowed and accepted
Cons
Only 6 month contract
Fast paced envirornment
Marketing Manager (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAJune 24, 2018
A typical day at work is not the same. Every day can bring on a new challenge and it is a competitive environment. Great for people who want to be in a fast paced, changing work pace.
Pros
ability to learn new things, take on projects
Cons
promotions and recognition not done on time
cypress semiconductor
Manufacturing Operator (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 18, 2018
A lot of favoritism and not enough pay. 12 hour workdays standing and the turn around rate was high due to lack of management. When I tried to strive for more they turned me down.
Not for Creative Minds in the Administrative field
Analyst (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAJune 11, 2018
This place is for you if:
-You like to just do what you're told
-Punch in, punch out
-Like a slow paced culture
-Have an inferior personality
-Socialize only to talk about how stressed you are but still do it day in and day out
Pros
CEO is trying to change things around
Cons
Too slow and little to no room for creativity in the administrative side
Typical shift
Principle Technician Engineering, Test (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 1, 2018
I had worked for AMD starting in 1993 until it became Scansion in 2005 and had a job offer in New York at Globalfoundries in 2013. I left GF because my wife's job in Hays County Texas. So I have really been with AMD/Spansion/Cypress for > 20 years. To continue with review: Normally, I come in early to address any issues prior to official pass down so that I can get my tools and parts ready to accomplish a task. We have many types of testers ranging from Adventist 5400 to Teradyne Magnum 1 and 2 parametric WET and FWET Agilent 4072s. We also have many types of Semiconductor wafer probing tools from UF200A and UF3000 and UF3000ex from Accretech. What I have learned over the years is to improvise. Management tries to be pro active with a limited budget but at times, they do not really understand the benefits of having parts available to turn tools around in a short period of time. Cypress has had layoffs which are publicly known and it has created a lot of tension but we work through it the best we can because are family there. The hardest part of my job is balancing priorities with limited budget not having parts on hand. The most enjoyable part is sharing are experiences and working as a team to accomplish any task that is presented to us.
Pros
Having plenty of work.
Cons
Not having parts on hand.
Hardware Design Team Leader (Former Employee) –  IllinoisMay 21, 2018
Pretty good balanced, semiconductor company. Israel branch started from Saifun Semicionductors and after that Spansion semiconductors and lastly Cypress semiconductors.
Work environment
Senior Engineering Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAMay 15, 2018
A great place to work under good management, Good people to work with. Very good structured lab. Very clean. Lots of Lab Space Great team of employees.
Pros
hour lunche, bonuses
Cons
starting time
Starting off
Intern to HR and Lawyer departments (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAMay 6, 2018
A typical day at cypress would start of with filing.As soon as I got to work supervisors expected me to work on what I had left off.This thought me be more responsible and reach out to others when I need help or have questions.
Pros
Learning from others because it thought me to communicate with adults better
Cons
Having to be the youngest intern
Cypress is a Very Productive Company with unclear views on the needs for success in it’s industry.
Senior Semi Operations Technician (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 11, 2018
Over the past years with Cypress this Company has changed tremendously. It’s an excellent Company to work for. In which I did dedicate my life too. Now I must move on to a new horizons in my Life due to the Reduction In the Workforce there.
Pros
Great HealthCoverage & Benefits
Cons
Not having great communication with some co-workers about job related issues.