CyraCom Employee Reviews

So stressful not enough slack for employees.
English-Spanish Interpreter (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 12, 2018
Expect Micromanaging and a ridiculous amount of stress. Do not think for a second that being ONE minute late or even on time will be okay with them. They expect you to clock in 3 minutes before your shift starts. Managers are constantly on top of you and complaining about something. I was an excellent interpreter I was commended by clients all the time and the LEPs, but that is not enough for the company/management. Management would constantly pull me aside to tell me how amazing I was at interpreting “BUT you didn’t clock in 3 minutes before your shift started or you were one minute late this week”. I was terminated because I had missed work for court, I brought a slip from court (an excuse paper) and they did not want to accept it. Not worth it, in all honesty.
Pros
It’s a great learning experience.
Cons
Micromanaging. Stress. Pressure. Pay rate is not enough for how they treat you.
Good training/low salaries
Spanish Interpreter (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 8, 2018
There is great Training, but the salaries are EXTREMELY LOW for Spanish Interpreters.
Pros
Benefits are good
Cons
Very low wages
Spanish Interpreter (Former Employee) –  Las Cruces, NMOctober 19, 2018
best place ive worked at, amazing staff, managers are very proffecional and friendly, i loved going to work every day, never a day where i didnt want to go to work
Stressful and micro management.
Interpreter (Former Employee) –  Houston texasOctober 13, 2018
Highly prejudiced micromanaging company.
Would not recommend it to anybody.
The supervisorshame are terrible control freaks.
Very prejudiced and dishonest.
Pros
Cons
Glad I am now with Costco
Completed 3 weeks and then let go, horrible system! They recycle people horrible company.
Interpreter (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZOctober 12, 2018
They are heartless, on 3 rd week they want you to be a trained robot!they throw you under the bus and then let you go as if you just aren’t good enough, on the last day with a coach they expect for you to make no mistakes which makes no sense, while sitting there in coaching I can here employees not following “protocol” and then they let people go on last day of training because you missed to say one “protocol” I don’t really understand them letting me go, I don’t know if it’s favoritism or how it works but it just made no sense for them to not continue with me and use the excuse of oh you made an “omission” and at this point we want you to not do those, like really it’s my 15th day with training and just my 5 th day on actual phone this place is horrible !!! Please people don’t fall into the horrible cycle they have as a company, people are way more worth than this !
Pros
Easy and well paid opportunity for bilingual people
Interpreter Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLOctober 8, 2018
Cyracom is a great opportunity for bilingual people, with a start salary for Spanish interpreter of 14$/hour and with, he opportunity of earning a merit increase every 3 months you can't argue is a great employer. There are opportunities for advancement they offer full benefits, paid time off, discounts for employees, and all with very little requirements other than being bilingual and having a high school diploma, overtime opportunities, many benefits
Pros
Great way to make money, comfortable offcie enviroment
Cons
Attendance is extrememly important, commit to your schedule, if unable to this is not for you
Call Center Cubicle Job
Bilingual Interpreter- English / Spanish (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 27, 2018
The job itself is not bad. Part time employees do not seem to mind working here. However, full-time employees do not last. As a Spanish interpreter you are constantly working for the hours that you are there. Breaks are limited and your time on the phones is consistently monitored. Weekly audio audits and monthly reviews are mandatory. Okay if you're fine with being in a gray cubicle all day without much social interaction. However the training is good and you learn useful skills- simultaneous interpretation and short term memory capacity, Good stepping stone job.
great place t o work
Independent Contractor Interpreter (Current Employee) –  Overland Park, KSSeptember 27, 2018
Cyracom is one of the top best companies to work for as an Independent Contract Interpreter. What I love about Cyracom is the easiness of getting in touch with a supervisor and the quickness of communication with them.
productive and fast paced
Interpreter (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZSeptember 26, 2018
great to keep you on your toes, proper training and a lot of support, no hot seating , good place to work i recommend working here part time bc its a lot of talking
Great place to start
Spanish Interpreter (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 24, 2018
Great for someone without work experience. It was my second job. It gives you call center, customer service experience and experience as an interpreter nfor multiple industries.
Pros
No career advancement opportunities
Cons
Low salaries
Really nice place to work at!
English-Spanish Interpreter (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 6, 2018
Your performance is rated as individual as well as a team.

It is an everyday learning and improvement environment, great coaching, overtime almost always available.
Spanish Interpreter (Former Employee) –  Las Cruces, NMSeptember 5, 2018
Very good place to work they offer lots of great benefits and they offer training
They are flexible with your schedule managment is great i loved working here
Stable company
Bilingual Customer Representative (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 5, 2018
Just be in time, and leave in time. Also always follow the company guideline, and procedure. The work environment is good, well organized management, and you can go grow within the company.
buen lugar
Spanish Interpreter (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 5, 2018
buen lugar para avanzar y aprender sobre las ventajas de ser bilingue
Enjoy the work
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZSeptember 3, 2018
The work day is diverse. Enjoyable place and people. Not paid well for the responsibility given to the position. More responsibility provided without the pay being provided.
Way too stressful for the amount of pay and work needed to get done for the company and very strict policies.
Interpreter (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZSeptember 1, 2018
For people who make it seem like they have your best interest at hand is only to make you feel that way but it is not true. For the staff making it seem like it was NOT a call center sure made it that way. I did not appreciate being treated like a child being an adult and having situations happen that are not in your control and getting no empathy as if I was a child that was just messing around. Waste of time.
Benefits
Cons
Short training, not enough actual help and policy too strict
Alright place
Spanish/English Interpreter (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 31, 2018
Learned how to properly interpret to others. Stressful but manageable. People there are very welcoming and professional. My skills in interpreting definitely improved.
stressful job
english-tagalog interpreter (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 28, 2018
it's not fun...stressful because of the number of calls
Lack of training as regards the subject matter of every calls.Very strick on company policies.
Pros
good pay and benefits
Cons
stressful job
Excellent work place
Medical Interpretor (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 20, 2018
Cyracom was one one the best places I ever worked for.
It is a place of dicipline, and many professional opportunities that if you work hard and apply yourself the company does give you the fair chance to advance.
Pros
Great benefits
Not the best
Interpreter (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZAugust 20, 2018
Good job to gain experience and learn about different types of companies. They need to learn to actually appreciating the employee's that have been there for years.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CyraCom. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

2.7InHerSight Score

2.4Personal Development

3.5Career Opportunities

2.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight