CyraCom Employee Reviews

Training Department
Trainer Manager (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJanuary 11, 2019
Great place to work. I always felt excited to be there. The training depatment was great. The trainer went over to make sure the agents were help at all times. TAs not so much unless they were instructed.
nice place to work
VRI Interpreter/Coach (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 7, 2019
I have been with this company for years. I would recommend to anyone working there. pay is good. management is good. They always ready to help if they could.
good place to start and learn
Interpreter (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJanuary 5, 2019
The job can be stressful. There's a lot to learn in BOTH languages, making it difficult at first, but if you're not hard on yourself you can improve. Many words/terms eventually become repetitive, although it would have helped A LOT if translation websites weren't blocked. You almost can't look anything up.

Transitioning from classroom training to actual phones gave me a lot of anxiety. Some calls felt easy , some made you feel like you'd get fired on the spot. Part of it is, not breaking protocols is impossible, and they don't tolerate it. You're human, you will mess up, your brain gets fried after hearing so much nonsense and yelling and people speaking over each other. Also, the pre session is too long!!! (especially for VRI)
I appreciate how much vocabulary I learned. I felt more confident as time passed by. I could have stayed longer and learned more. But the stress of management being so demanding got to me. Place is too strict and just about anything can get you fired. "clear desk, no phones, no omissions, you didn't follow the protocol, that was not the correct word, it was verbatim", etc. Then you're not allowed to take notes on paper?!... new rules came up too often. They contact you in a heartbeat if you mess up on anything, but if you need help and your direct supervisor isn't there, there's no one there for you.

I'm not a social butterfly, but I felt like a robot in a cubicle, who didn't interact with anyone. Sitting down for so long was not worth it to me.
Supervisors hang out with supervisors and good luck getting to know your co workers.
Also, impossible
  more... to change your schedule unless you're a student and have proof.

I only stayed thanks to laid back supervisor who was easy to reach out to and encouraged to not give up when I messed up. Also, a great opportunity to start interpreting and learn terminology without previous experience.
Pros
Gain experience w/consecutive interpretation under pressure.
Cons
Work environment. Protocols. Internet sources blocked.
CyraCom Made me miserable
Spanish Interpreter and Translator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 31, 2018
It made me feel trapped, desperate, happy at some point but for the most part I felt a lot of anxiety because I would take home everyone’s problem and not being able to solve them sometimes would make me feel miserable and sad. The fact of not being able of ask a customer representative to help as much as they could, the customer, also made me feel behind bars. I love the profession and I loved what they taught me in that company but I think it’s too much to carry in between how hard the company it’s on you and the difficulty of being long hours listening to the same
Type of issues but just with different names and numbers.
Pros
You can learn a new skill
Cons
Toooo much stress and too much
It depends what your lifestyle is
Interpreter Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLDecember 11, 2018
Good money for an easy job, pay raises every 3 months as an interpreter. Not good if you cannot stand being on the phones for hours a day. Management team is ok.
They suck your blood dry. No tolerance with schedule. Can't be late. Crazy changing schedule every day, breaks, time in, lunches. Micromanagement.
Interpreter (Former Employee) –  Tampa Bay, FLDecember 9, 2018
No tolerance with schedule, can't be late, crazy changing schedule every day, breaks, time in- out, lunches, Micromanagement, can't have a pen or pencil or written notes t desk, Make sure your batch is withing 2 mm from your waist line. Worse than the FBI. Their afraid they loose a client. For drinking water you have to use tsunami-hurricane proof bottle, no food, so if you are diabetic and need a snack, good luck; they probably wont' hire you. You shouldn't say "for training I have these days off programmed" because you won't hear back from them. Too strict with schedule. Only kids out of high school without many other job experiences will accept. Their phone system , even though sophisticated has terrible sound quality making it very tough to do your job without breaking protocols. They make $180/hr and they pay you $14.
Pros
Free plastic silverware in the break rooms and cups for coffee you can't bring in.
Cons
No tolerance with schedule, can't be late, crazy changing schedule every day, breaks, time in, lunches, Micromanagement, can't have a pen or pencil or written notes t desk, For drinking water you have to use tsunami-hurricane proof bottle, no food
Horrible place to work
Spanish Interpreter (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZDecember 5, 2018
I worked for cyracom for 3 years, overall I saw hundreds of employees come and go because it's so demanding employees burn out so quickly. The supervisors are not prepared for their work load and are under so much pressure that they lash out and then in turn become more demanding on the interpreters. I felt unappreciated and unfulfilled as an employee
Pros
You can become a supervisor with no experience necessary
Cons
No flexibility, micromanaged, feeling unappreciated
Independent, fast paced
Over-the-Phone Interpreter (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 3, 2018
It is a cubicle environment, a typical day consists of arriving sitting answering calls back to back anywhere from 2 hours to 2.5 hours at a time in between breaks.
Cons
short breaks
Productive work place
Medical Interpreter (Current Employee) –  Sarasota, FLNovember 21, 2018
daily calls covering Portuguese/French/Spanish/ Creole, work with all indrusties, but majority of calls are Medically derivied, Workplace culture has structure and some motivational tools as well as recognition for Interpreters great achievements, but much goes overlooked as far as personal effort and recognition.
Pros
Great call volume
Cons
No growing opportunities
So stressful not enough slack for employees.
English-Spanish Interpreter (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 12, 2018
Expect Micromanaging and a ridiculous amount of stress. Do not think for a second that being ONE minute late or even on time will be okay with them. They expect you to clock in 3 minutes before your shift starts. Managers are constantly on top of you and complaining about something. I was an excellent interpreter I was commended by clients all the time and the LEPs, but that is not enough for the company/management. Management would constantly pull me aside to tell me how amazing I was at interpreting “BUT you didn’t clock in 3 minutes before your shift started or you were one minute late this week”. I was terminated because I had missed work for court, I brought a slip from court (an excuse paper) and they did not want to accept it. Not worth it, in all honesty.
Pros
It’s a great learning experience.
Cons
Micromanaging. Stress. Pressure. Pay rate is not enough for how they treat you.
Good training/low salaries
Spanish Interpreter (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 8, 2018
There is great Training, but the salaries are EXTREMELY LOW for Spanish Interpreters.
Pros
Benefits are good
Cons
Very low wages
Spanish Interpreter (Former Employee) –  Las Cruces, NMOctober 19, 2018
best place ive worked at, amazing staff, managers are very proffecional and friendly, i loved going to work every day, never a day where i didnt want to go to work
robot like envierment
Spanish Interpreter (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 15, 2018
typical day at work would be logging in and begin taking your calls and making sure you follow your protocols for quality control as every call is being monitored.
Stressful and micro management.
Interpreter (Former Employee) –  Houston texasOctober 13, 2018
Highly prejudiced micromanaging company.
Would not recommend it to anybody.
The supervisorshame are terrible control freaks.
Very prejudiced and dishonest.
Pros
Cons
Glad I am now with Costco
Completed 3 weeks and then let go, horrible system! They recycle people horrible company.
Interpreter (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZOctober 12, 2018
They are heartless, on 3 rd week they want you to be a trained robot!they throw you under the bus and then let you go as if you just aren’t good enough, on the last day with a coach they expect for you to make no mistakes which makes no sense, while sitting there in coaching I can here employees not following “protocol” and then they let people go on last day of training because you missed to say one “protocol” I don’t really understand them letting me go, I don’t know if it’s favoritism or how it works but it just made no sense for them to not continue with me and use the excuse of oh you made an “omission” and at this point we want you to not do those, like really it’s my 15th day with training and just my 5 th day on actual phone this place is horrible !!! Please people don’t fall into the horrible cycle they have as a company, people are way more worth than this !
Pros
Easy and well paid opportunity for bilingual people
Interpreter Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLOctober 8, 2018
Cyracom is a great opportunity for bilingual people, with a start salary for Spanish interpreter of 14$/hour and with, he opportunity of earning a merit increase every 3 months you can't argue is a great employer. There are opportunities for advancement they offer full benefits, paid time off, discounts for employees, and all with very little requirements other than being bilingual and having a high school diploma, overtime opportunities, many benefits
Pros
Great way to make money, comfortable offcie enviroment
Cons
Attendance is extrememly important, commit to your schedule, if unable to this is not for you
Call Center Cubicle Job
Bilingual Interpreter- English / Spanish (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 27, 2018
The job itself is not bad. Part time employees do not seem to mind working here. However, full-time employees do not last. As a Spanish interpreter you are constantly working for the hours that you are there. Breaks are limited and your time on the phones is consistently monitored. Weekly audio audits and monthly reviews are mandatory. Okay if you're fine with being in a gray cubicle all day without much social interaction. However the training is good and you learn useful skills- simultaneous interpretation and short term memory capacity, Good stepping stone job.
great place t o work
Independent Contractor Interpreter (Current Employee) –  Overland Park, KSSeptember 27, 2018
Cyracom is one of the top best companies to work for as an Independent Contract Interpreter. What I love about Cyracom is the easiness of getting in touch with a supervisor and the quickness of communication with them.
productive and fast paced
Interpreter (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZSeptember 26, 2018
great to keep you on your toes, proper training and a lot of support, no hot seating , good place to work i recommend working here part time bc its a lot of talking
Great place to start
Spanish Interpreter (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 24, 2018
Great for someone without work experience. It was my second job. It gives you call center, customer service experience and experience as an interpreter nfor multiple industries.
Pros
No career advancement opportunities
Cons
Low salaries

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CyraCom. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

2.7InHerSight Score

2.4Personal Development

3.5Career Opportunities

2.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight