Cystic Fibrosis Foundation Employee Reviews

Cff
Development Manager (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAAugust 6, 2018
CFF is a great nonprofit and uses it's money wisely. The only interaction with the families is from local offices. It is interesting to review all the different brands of the Foundation.
Special Events Coordinator/Director of Development
Director of Special Events (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAAugust 1, 2018
The mission and the patients and their families are wonderful. The management is not. The organization needs to replace Senior Management with new, fresh people and ideas. The mission is to find a cure, to raise funds to support research to find a cure and so on. The fundraising was extremely difficult and if goals weren't met, additional fundraising was added on top of already lofty goals. They claim that $.80 cents of every dollar goes towards research. That is impressive yet sometimes "one has to spend money to make money".
Great company
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Bethesda, MDJune 21, 2018
it was a great company to work for I would have stayed but my pay maxed out . Management needed some improvement , but otherwise was a great company .
Non- Profit Organization
Phone Representative (Former Employee) –  Wilson, NCJune 20, 2018
Call business to get them to do fundraisers for finding a cure for CF. Make and receive calls, set up live-events for raising funds; keep up with important sponsers on events.
Local Office was great
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 12, 2018
Working in the local office was an exciting opportunity. Participating in the fund-raisers was great. Getting to know some of the individuals and families was a touching experience.

When it came to the national office, they had no clue as to what we did and was critical of everything.
Pros
Meeting great people
Cons
National office
Phenomenal
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAMay 1, 2018
Since I was a volunteer I did not truly get the full experience of the workplace but greatly enjoyed my time working. I was able to attend multiple events such as Hike the Halo and Pipeline to a cure and enjoyed volunteering at both events.
Amazing organization that is the best steward of the donor dollar and relationships.
Development Director (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAApril 16, 2018
Amazing work and mission of the organization. The business plan of the organization is true. The environment in the local chapter does not foster team work. There is below the line and unprofessional.
Pros
Success overall in the organization making a difference in the lives of the CF community
Cons
Leadership is outdated, core values are not visible.
Very fun volunteer work
Office and Event Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCMarch 25, 2018
Would recommend. Very friendly staff and great communication. Currently working as a volunteer and have stayed with CFF because of their office culture and pace.
Horrible Work Atmosphere
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Bethesda, MDFebruary 26, 2018
A toxic work environment that discriminates against young people especially young females. The upper management are incredibly incompetent. They have a retention problem for a reason. The place is just total chaos. The only good thing is the cause.
It depends on the chapter
Senior Development Director (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNFebruary 8, 2018
Overall it's a great organization with a great cause. The culture and quality of leadership varies from chapter to chapter. It is a good idea to really dive deep on what the ED's style is and the size of the office.
Deal blackjack, call bingo
Gaming Associate (Former Employee) –  Bismarck, NDJanuary 31, 2018
wasn't a bad temp gig, just tended to interfere with my full time job, limiting my travel abilities for the full time job. the basically threw me under the buss on the paperwork one night when that sites book keeper couldn't make it in,
Cystic Fibrosis Foundation of Kansas City
Assistant Event Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSDecember 19, 2017
● Contribute in the management of coordinating fundraising and promotion endeavors
● Collect and secure auction items from local businesses
awesome experience!
walking with volunteers was inspiring
Administrative/Logistics/Operations Specialist (Former Employee) –  Broomall, PAOctober 12, 2017
walking and working with volunteers was inspiring. Office comraderie helped with challenging days. learning the company software and regulations on our own time. Team effort to keep up with changes in federal regulations.
Pros
Changes in Federal laws was too often. Hard to keep up.
Cons
Group effort with Events and conventions
i don't suggest working here.
Director (Former Employee) –  PASeptember 27, 2017
beyond the mission, everything else is lacking and cult-like. management is non-existent, direction is poor, and the processes and red-tape are obnoxious.
Pros
some flexibility
Cons
everything else.
Very cut throat
Logistics Specialist (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 18, 2017
Very cut throat environment that demands you live a certain lifestyle if you expect to stay and move up. Despite the goal of the foundation being to raise money, they are far more focused on appearance.
solicitor
Assistant Director of Campaigns (Former Employee) –  Hunt Valley, MDAugust 9, 2017
I was hired to get business to host small fund raising events, walk-a-thons, swim-a-tons, bike-a-thons, etc. I was in charge of obtaining and managing volunteers necessary to execute said events. I helped obtain and physically retrieve auction items that were donated by local sports teammates and nationwide recording stars. I loved the job, but being a single mom, I needed to make more money, even thought they were accepting of me bringing my children to work. My children benefited from the experience and even helped out around the office and with some major events. We still support the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation whenever we can.
Pros
meeting sports and movie stars
Cons
the pay
Great career builder job
Executive Director (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAAugust 1, 2017
I loved my experience serving the nonprofit community and the community I represented. Grassroots organization, fundraising, working all hours some months of the year. Very good experience.
Pros
Worked with all the professional sports teams
Cons
Low wage
Volunteering
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Newport News, VAJune 1, 2017
My work with the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation was 5 hours of volunteer work. I volunteer to help with a car wash, in which we collectively earned over $100.
Great work culture but needs to increase the pay scale for staff members.
Management (Current Employee) –  Bethesda, MDMay 29, 2017
This is a great place to work and I would definitely recommend someone applying for a position here. I have never experienced a bad day at work...sometimes it can be demanding but that is normal productive day. I would definitely recommend negotiating your best salary in the beginning because raises are not that great unfortunately.
Pros
Flexible work hours, great work culture and good benefits
Cons
telecommuting not available as much
Great mission but managed terribly at field level
Development Director (Current Employee) –  Bethesda, MDApril 14, 2017
Chapter employees endure a fairly grueling events schedule, with little balance or leeway. Long hours are expected, and weekend time is not compensated. Heavily micromanaged and lack of clear communication makes it difficult to anticipate supervisor's expectations. Clear system for promotion or advancement, or salary increase.
Pros
Very worthwhile mission and cause, some perks and flexibility
Cons
Long hours, no advancement structure, lack of work/life balance