D&H Industries Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Dishonest place don’t try it
Production Welder/Fabricator (Former Employee) –  Oconomowoc, WIApril 10, 2018
Not a good place to work. Hires all new people through temp agency’s. Promises long term then cuts you out once work load slows down. Lots of dead in promises. You ask management for instruction and experienced co workers and are constantly given false information. Managers have conflicting counsel and advice. Once I left I asked why my assignment was ended and I got conflicting answers from management my supervisor and the temp agency. Not trustworthy at all!
Pros
Flexible work schedule and pay is alright.
Cons
Very dishonest, people don’t seem to like where they work, All temp to hire positions, Zero job security!
productive
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Oconomowoc, WIJune 4, 2017
It was a really fun place to work other than the lack of AC and long summer hours. you only get a 10 minute and a 15 minute break per shift. It doesnt really give you enough time to eat.
Pros
easy fast work
Cons
short breaks, long hours. hot working conditions
Not some where experienced welders would like.
Welder (Former Employee) –  Oconomowoc, WIJanuary 9, 2017
Work places are very cluttered, both shifts don't pick up after each other and management doesn't care until it becomes a problem, a week later it would go back to the same BS. Management likes to pick favorites regardless of your work ethic(especially on second shift, the supervisor would only like you if your personality or interests were similar to his, if not, you were treated differently(Would get the BS job assignments or harassed about random pointless things)). The structure of this work place is very flawed as well, as ex., I would see many people come and go from this place, and every time a 50+ old welder would join on they would complain about the welding dept. crossover with the press brake dept. and would say that they were never told about this and wouldn't have joined if they were more informed about the job details before hand. Even though I only have 2 years of experience in the welding industry, with all of the people I have met that came and went from this facility, I can tell you this place is a huge waste of your time if you have more than 2 years of experience under your belt.
Pros
About 4 cookouts a year.
Cons
Horrible management(second shift especially), and HR that will tell you anything to keep you happy.
I liked what I did so going to work for me was normal.
Setup/Punch Press Operator (Former Employee) –  Oconomowoc, WIDecember 20, 2016
I liked what I did so going to work for me was normal. I had a great second shift boss. I also liked working by myself. I learned different things, working on a computer.
Cons
very hot in summer and could have overhead doors open to cool off
We had a great group of guys on 2nd shift that I worked with. That will be the worst part of no longer working there.
certified Mig Welder (Former Employee) –  Oconomowoc, WIJuly 2, 2013
Up until the changes made in a few key positons in management it was a wonderful place to work and could have seen myself retiring from there. I advanced very quickly and had a huge amount of responsibility being the go to guy for anything having to do with the weld department or robotic welders. I was also usually responsible for the set up and operation of the Spot and Resistance welders on 2nd shift.
Pros
Gain sharing, great crew, advancement opportunity
Cons
new management all came from same previous employer
a good work place
Press & Die Operator (Former Employee) –  Oconomowoc, WIMay 17, 2013
i would go in at 4 in the morning and punch in and start my day first thing I would get a cup of coffee it would take about 5min after I would clean up around my press and read my work report to see what I had to do then I start my press and work until lunch then I would my lunch witch last about 30 mints and then I will go back to work until brake witch was 15mints then I would work till the end of my shift clean up around my press then let the second operator know what's happen with it and that's my day
Pros
free lunch
Cons
short brake