D&S Community Services Employee Reviews

D&S Community
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Longview, TXAugust 17, 2019
Be careful working for this community! They have bed bugs in most of the Longview house and they never give raises even after been their for a year. Not a good company to work for or send clients.
Very busy,
ICF NURSE CASE MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Bartlett, TNAugust 15, 2019
Very busy, heavy workload that only gets heavier. Nurses are not valued here. They are overworked and dumped on. It is rewarding when you see how your efforts improve the lives of the individuals you care for.
Great to work for
House Manager (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 14, 2019
6 years with this company great company to work for as long as u go to a good house and have a great staff I definitely got a lot of hours and I definitely was paid well
There the worst ever!
Caregiver/Personal Assistant (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 10, 2019
Never have I seen a company that will turn the other way . Don't care about there clients , never check homes , then when state is coming to check a few homes only they want u to lie. I would never believe but i saw for myself . management will not do anything to help anyone , well maybe the ones that mistreat consumers, as long as u go everyday and just sit there , there happy . houses are so dirty! The worst thing meds are to be given to clients and as i saw not always done . I found some pills in a cup that someone hide and forgot about , I should my manager and she said ' I know someone is not following instructions and giving to client , I've been having this problem for awhile . But doesn't do nothing! Crazy!!!!! No I love what i do but i won't ever work with these people ever again!!!!
Pros
Nothing infact they take your hours away.
Cons
No breaks
D&s
DSP (Direct Support Professional) (Current Employee) –  Jackson, TNAugust 10, 2019
It is a good job to work at if you don"t have kids and if you are going to school and need extra money. I don't recommend this job if you have kids and needing money unless you work two jobs. This is not a job for person supporting a family unless you work in the office and have a degree.
Run far far away from here
House Manager (Former Employee) –  Cookeville, TNAugust 8, 2019
If you are considering working here...DON'T!!! There are so many other companies around town doing the same line of work...go to one of them instead!!
I haven't been happier since I left and am so glad I now work for a company that truly appreciates and respects their Direct Support Staff. As soon as I put my 2 weeks notice in I was harassed, belittled, threatened and had my name smeared for things the PD didn't want to take responsibility for. Its ok, I forgive you. I mean you did warn me you'd do that when I first signed HM papers...so ya my bad. And you would think if a loyal staff that's been with the company for several years, working 16hour shifts, 7 days a work quits, you would ask them why they are leaving....not this company! They could care less who comes and goes unless you're a straight up snitch for the PD...which she has several planted in almost every home most of whom she has brought with her or worked with at different company many many years ago. Some have even quit via no call/no show(or an "I quit" text an hour prior to shift) and somehow were able to come back a month or two later when most employees would be considered non-rehirable if they did that. Hmmm...
They also preach that office staff and support staff can't be friends outside of work or on facebook yet the PD has her snitches on her fb and has the office staff add people on fb to keep tabs on them. Many office staff are "besties" with support staff and go to dinners and concerts together. Definitely a do as I say and not as I do office mentality! (Btw enjoy that new office position
  more... N..you've definitely earned it!).

Definitely Apply for this job if:
1) you are a FaceTime addict. you can video chat your whole shift ignoring your individuals and not get in trouble even though its a huge HIPAA violation AND considered neglect. Just make sure your paperwork is complete prior to leaving shift and you're good.
2) You love false documentation. Happens all the time in homes sometimes even on the recommendation from office staff for funding purposes and to make sure the individuals plans look like they are being met per state policy.
3) You love working long shifts without a break.They have even been known to leave you on shift if someone no shows and will simply tell you we will try to find coverage when they know nobody will come in.
4) You love eating healthy. You 100% cannot eat food at work in front of the individuals unless it is a healthy option. And yes, that recently came straight out of PD's mouth at a house meeting. I'm pretty sure telling employees what they can and cannot eat is a violation of their rights but hey, that's just my opinion. If eating healthy isnt your thing or you forgot your lunch (hey it happens i totally get it) you could always take a ride to the office as they have local restaurants delivered to them for lunch daily. Office always smells so good, especially if you go right after lunch.
5) You have a strong desire to reminisce your high school years. You will absolutely love all the drama, snitching and backstabbing.. Unfortunately there's no hair pulling if that's your thing. They don't drug test upon hire either soooo... you do you boo-boo.
6) You enjoy working for little pay while others are getting offered more than $1 raises to stay after they put their 2 weeks in. Oops!! I forgot this subject isn't supposed to be talked about so shhh...

And last but not least...#7. I know, I know.. You wanna know more but I don't wanna ruin all the fun or surprises for you so I'm ending it here with a quick summarization. Promise once you start, this last one will make TONS of sense!

7) Quickly go apply if you are simply there for a paycheck and do not care about the individuals rights or helping them progress through life at all. Oh the Conservator wants things done a certain way but office sees differently? it ain't happening. You have to side with the office and do things how they seem fit or you get in trouble. Person centered right?! So definitely a huge plus if you're a rebel and like going against the conservators wishes and expectations. Gotta help office staff meet all their goals and look good for corporate so they can get their year end bonus! Woo-hoo!
Pros
The clients..sorry individuals.
Cons
Extremely high turnover, trashy, and dysfunctional management
Dayhab staff (Former Employee) –  Amarillo, TXJuly 28, 2019
The most unorganized and uncomfortable atmosphere to work around. Management has no clue what they are doing and the dayhab staff constantly yells at the clients, with multiple cases pending.
D&S has some things they could work on individually & together.
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Maryville, TNJuly 18, 2019
The office workers are amazing. However, a few of the house managers are inconsiderate jerks. If you have any issues, you would be better off going to someone in the office or the problem will not be taken seriously.
So this is overall an amazing place with amazing individuals
DSP (Direct Support Professional) (Former Employee) –  Morehead, KYJuly 14, 2019
The only problem I had was doing my job appropriately. I guess I was intimidating because I didnt have to have my hand held or have to be told multiple times how to provide basic care for individuals. I assume I was placing people In a position to feel threatened. I was let go because of a lie. The employee that "told" the lie i firmly believe was used as a patsy. I dont believe for one minute that she came up with it on her own. I enjoyed everyone that I worked with and the management was overall pleasing however if you arent in the click then you are out. I intended to retired from there. I never wanted to leave because in spite of the fast pace demanding job I loved it.
Not enough pay for the job you do
Professional Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Wichita Falls, TXJuly 11, 2019
You deal with so much bs in the homes and have to do so much for only $9/hour definitely not the place to be. They’re always short staffed but don’t change anything to keep the workers satisfied
Pros
Slow paced
Cons
Low wages/ hours
If you value your life and freedom, skip this job and apply else where
Overnight Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Tyler, TXJuly 6, 2019
If you value your life and freedom........apply else where...... They will make false allegation on you if your not liked by any employee......don't say I didn't tell you
Pros
Nobody hovering over you to see if your doing your job
Cons
The moment you go on suspension for something you didnt do, .......know you got the laws knocking at your home of residents, talking about "we need to ask you some questions"
Do not waste your time going there
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNJuly 5, 2019
Do not waste your time applying at the knoxville office they are a bunch of idiots that are prejudiced biased unfair
They try to screw me out of my PTO when I left
Just another company that only cares about the profit
HOUSE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Catlettsburg, KYJuly 2, 2019
They are always messing your paycheck up, they ask you to break the law, they put aggressive individuals in with calm ones and do not care about risks
Pros
I had great staff
Cons
Everything else was bad
Decent company
Assistant (Former Employee) –  Jackson, TNJune 26, 2019
Company had its flaws that mainly came from upper management overloading workers but overall a good company to work and build with. The local site had an amazing group of office staff.
Great opportunity to help others
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Brenham, TXJune 25, 2019
I really enjoyed working for this company. It was a great experience an I honestly learned alot. I think everything I learned will help me in my future.
Loving patients and friendly office members
Home Manager (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJune 25, 2019
I love working with my patients and my coworkers in the home. I always love taking care of individuals that needs my helping hands for day to day living. Overall D&S Community Services is great company. They could give their employees more pay because the loyal ones that's been there for years deserved more money. I love taking my patients out in the community and shopping for their home. I was a home manager so I had a lot of responsibilities such as monthly and daily paperwork, balancing checking/cash on hand, take them to doctor appointment. I love my job and my patients.,
Ok
Direct Care Staff (Former Employee) –  McKinney, TXJune 23, 2019
The services provided to those with disabilities are not the best. While they have a good team of people working for them they accept the services they provide. Rather than trying to improve them.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Unhappy people
Nice place to start a health care job at. The staff is nice
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Jackson, TNJune 17, 2019
I had no issues with the company. I enjoyed my time there. I met some great people that I am still friends with until this day. I have nothing negative to say about this place
Love the individuals
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Greeneville, TNJune 14, 2019
Individuals make the job tolerable. Management for the most part is great, willing to listen, approachable. Pay is terrible, there are no incentives, no raises with evaluations, no shift differential for nurses, barely any bonuses, the insurance sucks and it’s expensive.
Pros
Decent hours, Great DON, individuals are fun
Cons
Poor pay rate, poor insurance, no incentives
Not the best pay for the work
DSP (Direct Support Professional) (Former Employee) –  Wichita Falls, TXJune 12, 2019
I worked for company for 3yrs never a raise or a bonus... had 15 clients all total care at the dayhab....never fully staffed and work alot by my self... heavy lifting....

Ask a question about working or interviewing at D&S Community Services. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7