D'Angelo Grilled Sandwiches Employee Reviews

Organized, clean.
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  South Dartmouth, MAFebruary 15, 2019
I worked at the South Dartmouth location which is now unfortunately closed. The work place environment was professional and organized. Excellent communication skills and training program.
Corporate however did not care about the safety of their employers. They would not close down the store even if there was a state of emergency from blizzards and hurricanes. The hours were also very irregular and not consistent. Management did not treat everyone equally. The company had given me a raise and i received the pay raise for one week and afterwards the pay rate dropped back to my original pay.
Pros
Great team work.
Cons
Low wages, irregular hours.
excellent work place
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Warwick, RIDecember 27, 2018
at times work was very fast paced, but with a great crew working as a team it was rather easy to meet any challenges and over come them together. never had to deal with any issues alone
Pros
free sandwich when you worked, drinks and great team members
Cons
some times very fast paced
Awful Management
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NHDecember 6, 2018
The management was unprofessional. High turnover rate so you're usually working with people who don't know how to do more than one job which slowed things down. And the people getting hired were young and didn't care about the job. Overall terrible job.
Pros
discounted food
Cons
poor management, rude customers
Always keeps you busy
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Hyde Park, MAAugust 19, 2018
The time goes by fast because customers are always in and out. There is not a hard part of the job. Maybe when it is slow and no one comes in, the hard part is looking for something to do.
Pros
Free food, flexible schedule, amazing store manager
Cons
New faces every week, low pay, favoritism
Good part time job and flexibility
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Vernon, CTAugust 15, 2018
D'angelos has been a good beginning job to have throughout high school and the start of college. My managers have been very flexible with my work hours and allow me to work as much or as little as I desire.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Poor shift coverage
D'angelos
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Auburn, MEJuly 24, 2018
It was a great company to be with temporarily, but definitely not a place to be when trying to get up on your feet for your family. Not a family oriented company
Pros
Free Meals
Cons
No benefits. Not family oriented
Face paced and with room for improvment
Manager (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJuly 11, 2018
I worked there as a crew member and qorked my way up to manager. Took classes on food safety and management improvement classes that helped you get promoted!
Pros
Free food ...timely steady flow of guest
Cons
Lack of communication and support from general management
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Enfield, CTJune 8, 2018
My store was the busiest in the district, so there was never a dull moment. Fast paced environment, with knowlegable people. Friendly, helpful management.
Pros
50% off crew meals.
Not terrible
Manager (Former Employee) –  Manchester, NHJune 5, 2018
It really depends on who your district manager is. When I started, my district was great and very helpful. About a year and a half in, they brought in a new guy, and he was terrible to work for, favored employees from his old job with another company, and essentially drove me out. Also stinks that managers are salaried, because if you get stuck working an open-to-close, you get paid the same than just a regular day. Seems like they've gotten away from what made them work well, and now are playing catch-up with a lot of the major players in the restaurant business.
Pros
Managers eat free, benefits package is pretty good
Cons
Low pay for the work, high turnover, Middle Management
D'Angelo Grilled Sandwiches
Team Member (Former Employee) –  West Hartford, CTMay 30, 2018
D'Angelos was a great place to get my foot in the door of the work force and to learn all aspects of customer service. It gave me the foundation for future work.
A Good Place to work if a full time student
Cashier/Cook (Former Employee) –  Fitchburg, MAMay 24, 2018
Responsibilities included greeting customers and taking orders, as well as making sure all questions were answered and needs met. Responsible for taking customers orders, and fulfilling orders. Also responsible for checking out customers at register. Responsible for clearing and busing tables in seating area.
Learned how to multi-task and time management as well as managing a small team of 1-2 people under me.
The workplace was fun, lighthearted, hard and rewarding.
Hardest part of the job was lunch rush, because we have 2 phones for ordering ahead and a line in store
The most enjoyable part was that it was fast paced, and i enjoy people and customer service.
Pros
free meal each work time
Cons
no benefits to part timers
Fast paced Restereaunt
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Gardner, MAApril 30, 2018
Working at D'angelos you get a feel for a fast paced and high intensity job. The management was strict, but was fairly flexible with scheduling. There were no benefits for part time employees.
Productive/ fast paced
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Hyde Park, MAApril 30, 2018
A typical day at work is very fast pace. A lot of people come in during lunch and dinner time so its very packed. I learned to work the register/customer service/ how to work and clean the grill/ and how to prepare & cook the food.
Pros
Staff Discount
Cons
Lucky if you get a break
Terrible
Team Member (Former Employee) –  MassachusettsMarch 28, 2018
I worked at dangelos for a very long time but they don't know how to appreciate ANYTHING you do. The managers only care about THEMSELVES. 10/10 would not recommend.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Fast paced, stressful
Fast-paced Job With Great Rewards
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Easton, MAMarch 27, 2018
During busy times work was very stressful but everyone would come together and work as a team to ensure all customers were satisfied. Remembered all orders from memory, did not use technology to do so at my specific location.
Pros
Free meals
Fast paced and fun
Shift Leader (Current Employee) –  Waltham, MAMarch 18, 2018
Management is awesome. Co-workers are alright. A lot of employee turnover. Scheduling of hours is inefficient. Flexible schedule when it comes to vacation days and school.
Pros
Free meal, flexible schedule, Management
Cons
Long breaks (3-4 hours), hours fluctuate with business, inefficient hours
Fast-paced, friendly staff
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Southington, CTMarch 17, 2018
My time at D'Angelo Grilled Sandwiches has been some of my best times. The staff is very nice, hard-working, and the job is fast-paced, so there is always something to do.
Pros
Discounts on meals
Cons
no PTO, no benefits, low hours
productive, and fast paced
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Middleboro, MAFebruary 13, 2018
D'angelos Sandwich shop is a very competitive, quick-paced, friendly, and fun place to work. Managers are very friendly and helpful. Hardest part of the job, is maintaining pace and dealing with public during busy times.
Pros
free lunches, tips
Cons
rude customers, standing alot
Ok place to work, not very serious
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Bridgewater, MAJanuary 10, 2018
Working at D'Angelo was a fun place to work. The Manger was very friendly and been there for over 20 years. I was trained very well. I did enjoy having regular customers to get to k n own people individually.
happy enviorment and fast work food industry
Cook/Cashier (Former Employee) –  East Hartford, CTDecember 27, 2017
I was well off and happy with my job at d'angelo's sandwich shop and appreciate the out come of my position employed with co workers and supervisor what a basic job can do for any one benefited my life to continue the work place as employed and earning salary and wage for future retirement and health, and will also request to others to employment and as well retirement for a shared future of success.
Pros
great image of support
Cons
wage