D'Angelo Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Empty Promises
Manager (Current Employee) –  Laconia, NHJuly 7, 2018
Exactly what the summary says. Promise you promotion opportunities that they fail to make. Not a great company to work for if you want to make advances in your career
Good people to work with
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Portsmouth, NHMay 25, 2018
It was a fun place to work. Everyone is very friendly. I would go in and help prep the food for the day and then get ready to go and deliver orders to people or businesses. I also would take orders over the phone and answer questions that people may have.
Pros
Free drinks, discount on food
Cons
Can be slow at times
While a was there it used to be a fun place to work.
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAFebruary 15, 2018
Great work place fun and good company to work for.That is why I like D'angelo.
Olso like the idea of promoting within the company I believe that's a good way to grow with them.
Horrible management
Cook (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NHJanuary 16, 2018
Worked here twice and Quit both times due to very poor management, manager was very rude to employees and liked to play favorites towards the girls and treated the guys quite unfair at times. We wouldn't get the breaks, days off or raises as we were promised. Would threaten to fire us if we said we would complain to her manager. All around just a very unpleasant environment to be around, other co workers weren't any issue at all.
Pros
Free food and co workers
nice and cozy place
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Dorchester, MADecember 25, 2017
it was nice and cozy, but the company didnt really care about its employers. no benefits for students or regular employees.
the boss wasnt really proffesional, and most times they would mess up the employee paycheck. it was good while it lasted. would only recommend it for high school students wanting to earn and save a little. cant raise a family earning their salary.
Fair and respectful company
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Westford, MADecember 15, 2017
This job has taught me more than anything how to interact and work well with different kinds of people and employees. The manager tries to always be fair and expects her employees to work hard just like any great manager. The hardest part of the job was working during lunch rushes, trying to make all of the orders correctly as quickly as possible. However, the work ethic and communication skills that come from those stressful times are immense.
Pros
Discount on food, learning experiences
Cons
stressful periods of work
Fast working, with good Managers
Cook (Former Employee) –  Canton, MADecember 3, 2017
A normal day at work would consist of making about 50 different food products a day, on a fast pace day maybe about 150. Working here I learned how to work at a very fast pace and multi task. The only problem with this job was the managers were all over the place and they would bring in different mangers who the crew didn't get along with and it would mess up the energy of the work zone.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
bad managers
Terrible environment
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NHNovember 18, 2017
The workers at the Rochester branch are very uncaring about their jobs, rude to co-workers, and unprofessional. No chance of career advancement. It's very fast-paced and stressful and requires constant movement and spending hours at a time on your feet. Customers can get very mean.
Pros
Discounted meals.
Cons
Terrible attitudes from co-workers.
Sucks
Team Member/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Plainville, CTNovember 15, 2017
Rude Assistant Manager but awesome workers and manager. Also paid fairly and had good discounts and good food. Place looks outdated but isn't too bad I guess.
Pros
Good Food Workers Manager and Discouts
Cons
Rude Assistant Outdated Stressful
I loved my job.
Real Estate Paralegal/Property Manager (Former Employee) –  West Bridgewater, MANovember 7, 2017
Excellent place to work in the Corporate Office. Bosses were awesome. Co-workers were wonderful. Very relaxed. Team oriented. I really loved this job.
Pros
Cons
Nonne
Loved D'Angelo and my team
Shift Leader/Cook (Former Employee) –  Manchester, NHNovember 4, 2017
I loved working for this company, even when it was rush hour and it was crazy stressful and packed. My team was great I loved my GM, fellow shift leaders, and team members. My manager and I bumped heads but that was a personality difference. I had a little issue with my hourly rate of pay but that was quickly fixed by corporate. I would recommend this job to anyone especially high school students.
Pros
great management and work enviroment
Cons
lack of team members
Great working people
Manager (Current Employee) –  Webster, MASeptember 17, 2017
D'angelo is a great career starter,working with different cultures and all around great people is very fortunate.I learned how to be very competitive and fun.It was a great experience working here.
Great place to work !
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Milford, MAJune 29, 2017
Overall a fast-paced friendly environment. Crew is like family . i love the company from day one . a lot of potential for growth within the company . . .
Pros
Potential for growth
it was an okay job
Food Prep (Former Employee) –  West Lebanon, NHJune 6, 2017
I enjoyed the job its self but however the manager at the restraint I worked at was very sexually inappropriate towards me and not to mention I was the only female employee he had hired to work with a crew of male workers and I don't feel that was an okay thing to have done as a manager or any human being for that matter.
not a bad place to work as a first job
DISHWASHER (Former Employee) –  Weston, FLMay 22, 2017
if you can be fast paced and you need a job, this place is the best first job is good to have. the people there like to mess around but work at the same time. The manager is cool as long you do the job the right way. plus on weekends it get very busy and sometimes the bartender splits his tips with the dishwashers.
Pros
free food at times. good first job
Cons
can be stressful
A decent place to work if they have decent staff
Manager (Former Employee) –  MAApril 25, 2017
I have worked in four different locations, and the strongest stores all had GMs who knew how to cross train their employees and worked best with the employees of each shift. Stores that were not strong had staffing issues-- a GM would hire their friends, some employees would get away with some things whereas other employees did not. It was difficult for the GMs to repremand bad behavior-- if you had to fire staff who always showed up late, you suddenly had to call in extra people to cover that person's shifts for the week, and it didn't always work. In a store that isn't doing well with staffing, Management can end up doing weeks without a day off, and easily 60+hours/week instead of the scheduled 50.

Its a good place to work if your store is well staffed, and a circus if it isn't.
Pros
opportunity to climb the management ladder quickly, good hours to hard workers
Cons
many stores with staffing issues, Not all stores give you your designated 30 minute break
Stressful, boring, unrewarding
Sandwich maker (Current Employee) –  East Hartford, CTApril 20, 2017
I dislike working there. It's very stressful and unrewarding. Hours are always being cut and most of the employees are slow at there job. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone.
Pros
Discount food
Cons
Cut hours, no benefits
Fast paced, tight workspace
Team Member (Former Employee) –  East Providence, RIMarch 26, 2017
Generally everything is organized well & functioning as should, but management should improvise different techniques when it comes to training. Everything is taught in detail, yet not effectively. Team members rarely communicated with the managers & shift leaders well enough to ensure proper flow & completion of tasks.
Pros
Free drinks
Cons
No room to breathe
Not good
Delivery Driver, Cashier, and Grill Cook (Former Employee) –  Brockton, MAMarch 25, 2017
Just stay away. This place reeks of poor management, underpaid employees, and untrained management who do not care about their employees. As an employee you do not even get a free lunch and you have to pay half price.
4 years
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  West Warwick, RIMarch 8, 2017
D'angelo is a good starting job while you are young but when you get older you may get sick of food. Also corporate is not that great to work with either. In my opinion they do not care about their workers.
Pros
no late nights
Cons
barely any breaks