D'Veal Family and Youth Services Employee Reviews

Think about it
Manager (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CASeptember 26, 2017
Not fairly treated across the board. There is favoritism to certain employees, They will pull the rug right under you with no warning.
Sometimes it is cool and otherwise it can be stressful.
Pros
Vacation and Sick Time
Cons
No respect, cut-throat, unfairly treated
Professional environment and hardworking teams
Administrator/Spiritual Counselor-Chaplain (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CAMay 19, 2017
This company is best known for its professionalism. I you be hardworking person to enjoy working at this company. It is very competitive. There are various training opportunities. One is able to be promoted within the agency occasionally.
Pros
It is fun to work here
Cons
Very competitive
Toxic. Poorly managed. Compels employers to spend their money on clients. Constant damage control because of their mismanagement
Facilitator (Former Employee) –  PasadenaFebruary 4, 2015
Responsibilities
This place is toxic. Run away! Agency has family working there who get paid but don't work. You can't rely on them bc they don't do the job yet they aren't fired. They furlough people to make up for the money they repaid on audits because they steal from children and take government money for their church. Look at the audit online in Google for yourself. I would like to think I was wrong because I was shocked when I read it. I really liked Workin there at first but the people who manage you are terrible. Better off making less. Was a great place to work but it's a sinking shipping. Abort! They will take months to pay you mileage. Will send team members to crisis in dangerous areas alone. They don't care about you or clients only the money. They laid people off after making them take vacations so they couldn't get a check once they were canned by HR who laughed in their face. Won't be proud to work here. Even outside agencies give you a look of shame when you mention this agency. God I hope they change. So sad.
Pros
Decent pay, but not worth your morale being in question
Cons
Reimbursement take 4-6 months, they reduce your checks after unknown deductions, revolving door, poor morale, poor management, constant complaints by families, use your own money for clients
Dependable and productive workplace
CUSTOMER SERVICE/RECEPTIONIST/DATA ENTRY CLERK (Current Employee) –  PASADENA, CA.January 28, 2015
Greeting clients as they enter the office
Answering as well as making outbound phone calls
Very friendly environment
Very busy at times
Data entry
Productive work place
Student Summer Worker (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CAAugust 14, 2014
The most enjoyable part of this job was that I got to have my on little office space.The one that I love doing on this job was the answering the phones.I just love to talk to people and meet new meet.It was a good paying job, I was a student worker making almost 1000 ever 2 weeks.i need another job like this one
Pros
Good Pay
Cons
Some of the co-worker messy
Poor Agency
Child and Family Specialist/Therapist (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CADecember 9, 2013
D'VEAL is very poor at organization. Too many individual who are all in it for themselves. It is hard to find a team player in there agency. The agency is all about money and not the clients or families. What I took from working at D'Veal is that non-profits are all about money and it is the co-workers that you have to look out for than the clients. The only thing I enjoyed was helping the client's to become better people. I never had any problems with client's or their families but it was always something with my co-workers especially when they did not hold up to their own mistakes or not support each other. Head of H.R. is not the people you want to deal with on any level. The Ceo is acts like he cares but he don't care about his employees. He has most of his family working for him and they don't do anything.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at D'Veal Family and Youth Services. Our community is ready to answer.

D'Veal Family and Youth Services Reviews by Location