D.M. Bowman, Inc. Employee Reviews

Good company to work for
Over the Road Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Williamsport, MDSeptember 23, 2018
Good Company to work for, home time is good, you can be home every weekend if you choose. There are opportunities within the company to move forward and advance within your career as a Regional or OTR Driver.
Better develop thick skin if you want to work here
Driver (Current Employee) –  Williamsport, MDSeptember 6, 2018
This is an old company with a bunch of old people who are VERY STUCK IN THEIR WAYS. They only care about the loads getting delivered. The dispatchers are the fakest group of people I’ve ever met in my life. ALL OF THEM. They will smile in your face and talk bad on your name as soon as you walk out the office. They have no respect for the drivers who bring the money to the company nor the customers who pay for the services. They will look for any little reason they write you up. There is no chance for advancement at this place. Supposed to be a seniority company but they forsure play favorite to whites and brown nosers. Best thing you can do is keep your head down because if you find a reason to complain they’ll fix your complaint with something way worse. Don’t make friends. Anything you say at this place will get used against you one way or another. Collect your paychecks and get out.
Pros
I only worked at mcdonalds before this job my pay i cant complain about
Cons
Stuck in their ways
Run from here unless you are a redneck tough office type employee
Office Clerk (Former Employee) –  Wmspt MDSeptember 5, 2018
Management sat in the office doing nothing but criticizing everyone in a rude, disrespectful manner. Very stressful office environment. It could have been enjoyable as it's very busy and time flies but the all day critiquing was enough to make performance go downhill and break your confidence. Manager pitted employees against each other deliberately so everyone was divided and no longer a team.
Pros
Fair pay..busy so the days passed quickly
Cons
Poor management with no people skills, no raises cause the 4 million net the div made did not afford raises
Worst Company
Driver (Former Employee) –  MarylandAugust 31, 2018
Not only is this company horrible to work for but they are a horrible company to partner with as well. They care less for their customers than any company that I have ever seen.
Cons
Moved from A/p to Billing with no instruction, was told I did too many things loudly.
Axxountant (Former Employee) –  Williamsport, MDJuly 9, 2018
No salary increase in 4 years. I was told I talk too loud, eat too loud, drink too loud, and breath too loud. How do you get around that, Large volume of work, but never showed an error when you made one. Just reprimanded when you made a mistake.
Pros
Steady wodk
Cons
How the employees were treatedd
good
Diesel Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Huntersville, NCJune 27, 2018
working for D.M. Bowman was a great learning experience for me.Before working there all I had done before was work on light trucks and cars. Management where great people.
Pros
ll
Cons
ll
Decent place to work
Lead Driver/ Assistant Fleet Manager (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GAJune 27, 2018
If you are looking for easy, settle down, good home time, for decent pay. This is your place. I think it would be perfect for people looking to just settle and retire.
Pros
Home time, ease of work
Cons
advancements, management
Typical work day
CDL Class A Company Driver (Current Employee) –  Williamsport, MDApril 24, 2018
It was awesome when I was able to have a set schedule/route and itinerary - which allowed me to go home daily, for the most part.. However, with the change in management, that has proven differently.
Pros
Set schedule/route allowed for flexibility to go home daily, for the most part.
Cons
With change in management, schedule has changed drastically.
Not a good company
Driver (Former Employee) –  Williamsport, MDApril 24, 2018
My husband worked for this company dispatch was poor would run you into violation. And than blame you, when you quit. Expect them to claim you wrecked the tractor and trailer so bad it had to be towed. They will lie cheat, and if possible put you down like you don't know w what your doing when in reality these dispatchers have no ideal what they are talking about. They have never been on the road.
Pros
Cons
Bad pay, lies
Lack needed equipment
CDL Class A Driver (Current Employee) –  Williamsport, MDMarch 28, 2018
Good job for starting driver. Decent training and safety oriented sometimes to a fault. Always on camera in the truck. Travel directions are sometimes a joke. Need to be more specific and detailed. Maintenance and equipment are generally good. Trailers and trucks are sometimes at a premium. Slip seating.
Pros
Some good driver managers, decent starting place for driving career.
Cons
Lack sufficient amount of equipment, Pay issues, etc.
Private Profit Oriented Business
Support Staff Manager (Current Employee) –  Williamsport, MDMarch 16, 2018
The company is steep into tradition - a family owned and operated business Average age is 47 with over a third being millennials. The company pays a fair wage for a fair days work. Expectation for all employees - drivers and office - is to be available and show up to perform the tasks for which they were hired.
Tractors are approximately 3 years old, well maintained.
Holiday parties and annual picnics are part of the culture as are celebrations for National Driver Appreciation Week
Pros
Family oriented
Very Satisfied
Company Driver (Current Employee) –  Frederick, MDMarch 6, 2018
DM Bowman treats me like an individual and not a truck number. The driver managers are very helpful and easy to work with, The company does its best to give drivers a work life balance and decent home time.
Drliver fright from place to place.
Temporary - Driver (Former Employee) –  Williamsport, MD 21795February 2, 2018
Go to the lay down yard and tarp your trailer be carful were you step do to you can fall through the tarp. strap it down. drive a hour then check your straps. I will the go 2 hours then recheck the straps, repeat the same ever 2 hours until I reach my stop.
Pros
view
Cons
Cold and heat
i liked the physical work of flatbed
Driver (Former Employee) –  Williamsport, MDFebruary 2, 2018
I liked working here, but the management tended to play favorites. Also I noticed that even if I recieved a raise I would see a decline in miles. I did however like the physical challenges.
Working long hours
Truck Driver Class A (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, VAJanuary 22, 2018
Come into work and drive 11 hours
Management in my opinion was not the best
Hardest part of the job was working the long days
Pay is not the greatest as team driver
Could consider worker input more
Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Augusta, GAJanuary 16, 2018
A decent company.Flat rate pay with no means of increase.Drivers have been making $750 weekly minimum for several years,and there is no scheduled pay increase initiative.
Pros
home daily
Cons
no pay increase
Good trucking company
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Huntersville, NCJanuary 10, 2018
I hate i miss the opportunity to work a long time with D.M.Bowman.Nice people good management work environment but i will go back if they let me come back not bad place to work.
Pros
Great job
Excellent company
Truck Driver (OTR) (Current Employee) –  Williamsport, MDAugust 9, 2017
If you need time off. It's yours. They are very family oriented. Dedicated runs. Team oriented. Driver manager is awesome. If I leave. It will be for an opportunity to be home daily.
Good company
Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Williamsport, MDAugust 2, 2017
I have enjoyed working for DM Bowman. It is a good hometown company with a family feel. The drivers have been great to work with as well as the staff at the corporate offices. The trucking industry is a tough business and not everyone has the same experiences or perspective, but.... I would highly recommend applying with this company.
Do not work here
Driver (Current Employee) –  Williamsport, MDMay 27, 2017
I saw a previous review from another driver talking about how this company is very sneaky with putting marks on your record. I couldn't agree more. They will put as many as they can and then start threatening you with termination on an almost weekly basis. It is borderline harassment how much my job has been threatened. They love to tell all of the other drivers about anything you do wrong. They are highly unorganized and the benefits are terrible. You have to do everything right in order for you to reach your minimum pay which is the only thing that makes it worth it, otherwise your pay is next to nothing. On top of that I work for a local business that has a contract with them and they can use us for up to 14 hours and my pay doesn't change regardless of how much I work. I will say that I drove team with them for a little while and the pay was pretty good but everything else has been dreadful.
Pros
Not a whole lot
Cons
Plenty

Ask a question about working or interviewing at D.M. Bowman, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6