D.M. Bowman, Inc. Employee Reviews

2.6
Ratings breakdown
Typical work day
CDL Class A Company Driver (Current Employee) –  Williamsport, MDApril 24, 2018
It was awesome when I was able to have a set schedule/route and itinerary - which allowed me to go home daily, for the most part.. However, with the change in management, that has proven differently.
Pros
Set schedule/route allowed for flexibility to go home daily, for the most part.
Cons
With change in management, schedule has changed drastically.
Not a good company
Driver (Former Employee) –  Williamsport, MDApril 24, 2018
My husband worked for this company dispatch was poor would run you into violation. And than blame you, when you quit. Expect them to claim you wrecked the tractor and trailer so bad it had to be towed. They will lie cheat, and if possible put you down like you don't know w what your doing when in reality these dispatchers have no ideal what they are talking about. They have never been on the road.
Pros
Cons
Bad pay, lies
Private Profit Oriented Business
Support Staff Manager (Current Employee) –  Williamsport, MDMarch 16, 2018
The company is steep into tradition - a family owned and operated business Average age is 47 with over a third being millennials. The company pays a fair wage for a fair days work. Expectation for all employees - drivers and office - is to be available and show up to perform the tasks for which they were hired.
Tractors are approximately 3 years old, well maintained.
Holiday parties and annual picnics are part of the culture as are celebrations for National Driver Appreciation Week
Pros
Family oriented
Very Satisfied
Company Driver (Current Employee) –  Frederick, MDMarch 6, 2018
DM Bowman treats me like an individual and not a truck number. The driver managers are very helpful and easy to work with, The company does its best to give drivers a work life balance and decent home time.
Drliver fright from place to place.
Temporary - Driver (Former Employee) –  Williamsport, MD 21795February 2, 2018
Go to the lay down yard and tarp your trailer be carful were you step do to you can fall through the tarp. strap it down. drive a hour then check your straps. I will the go 2 hours then recheck the straps, repeat the same ever 2 hours until I reach my stop.
Pros
view
Cons
Cold and heat
i liked the physical work of flatbed
Driver (Former Employee) –  Williamsport, MDFebruary 2, 2018
I liked working here, but the management tended to play favorites. Also I noticed that even if I recieved a raise I would see a decline in miles. I did however like the physical challenges.
Working long hours
Truck Driver Class A (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, VAJanuary 22, 2018
Come into work and drive 11 hours
Management in my opinion was not the best
Hardest part of the job was working the long days
Pay is not the greatest as team driver
Could consider worker input more
Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Augusta, GAJanuary 16, 2018
A decent company.Flat rate pay with no means of increase.Drivers have been making $750 weekly minimum for several years,and there is no scheduled pay increase initiative.
Pros
home daily
Cons
no pay increase
Good trucking company
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Huntersville, NCJanuary 10, 2018
I hate i miss the opportunity to work a long time with D.M.Bowman.Nice people good management work environment but i will go back if they let me come back not bad place to work.
Pros
Great job
Excellent company
Truck Driver (OTR) (Current Employee) –  Williamsport, MDAugust 9, 2017
If you need time off. It's yours. They are very family oriented. Dedicated runs. Team oriented. Driver manager is awesome. If I leave. It will be for an opportunity to be home daily.
Good company
Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Williamsport, MDAugust 2, 2017
I have enjoyed working for DM Bowman. It is a good hometown company with a family feel. The drivers have been great to work with as well as the staff at the corporate offices. The trucking industry is a tough business and not everyone has the same experiences or perspective, but.... I would highly recommend applying with this company.
Do not work here
Driver (Current Employee) –  Williamsport, MDMay 27, 2017
I saw a previous review from another driver talking about how this company is very sneaky with putting marks on your record. I couldn't agree more. They will put as many as they can and then start threatening you with termination on an almost weekly basis. It is borderline harassment how much my job has been threatened. They love to tell all of the other drivers about anything you do wrong. They are highly unorganized and the benefits are terrible. You have to do everything right in order for you to reach your minimum pay which is the only thing that makes it worth it, otherwise your pay is next to nothing. On top of that I work for a local business that has a contract with them and they can use us for up to 14 hours and my pay doesn't change regardless of how much I work. I will say that I drove team with them for a little while and the pay was pretty good but everything else has been dreadful.
Pros
Not a whole lot
Cons
Plenty
Horrible Company
Driver (Former Employee) –  Williamsport, MDMarch 12, 2017
If you are a new driver , please stay clear of this company. Just make sure you get everything in writing as far as your pay go. Keep track of your miles and extra pay. Bowman only cares about their freight getting delivered and not the drivers. So if you looking to try and support your family from this job , do yourself a favor and don't waste your time find another Trucking Company!!!!
Pros
Home on weekends
Cons
Inaccurate pay week after week. Very unorganized
This company needs more drivers input
Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Huntersville, NCMarch 9, 2017
We have over enough of drivers; however, we have a vehicles and trailer shortage, one would have to go in about two hours earlier in order to locate a vehicle to accomplish your daily tasking...I can not Rate the CEO, because I don't know them.
Workplace has great people to work around
CDL Class A Driver (Current Employee) –  Williamsport, MDFebruary 21, 2017
I will recommend this company to any new driver who wants to gain experience over the Road. Dispatch is okay get a lot of training on safety maintenance on trucks are excellent.
Pros
Cons
When you don't make the guarantee your pay can be all over the place
Serious lack of communication problems
CDL Class A Driver (Current Employee) –  Huntersville, NCJanuary 14, 2017
I've been driving for Bowman in Huntersville NC for a year now. Let's begin by saying that if you're expecting a trucking company or terminal with a nice drivers lounge, modern amenities and facilities well you're just living in a fairy tale. The terminal is a joke at best. Their maintenance bay is in dire need of updated equipment. We've went for about 9 months without a terminal manager, but that has just been filled. We shall see if she stays, after Williamsport bombards her with their BS. I'm constantly begging them each week to review my pay and miles cause it's not been calculated right. Oh! And if you expect a minimum of $900.00 a week, GTF out of here! It's not going to happen. That's a marketing scheme by their recruitment team. Which is a bunch of Liers. Just steer clear of Bowman, save your sanity, and self respect.
Pros
Nice driver managers
Cons
Liers, cons, pay, terminals, Anthony Triggs.
Stay away unless you have no other options!
Diesel Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Williamsport, MDJanuary 9, 2017
I worked as a Diesel Mechanic in the shop at the Williamsport Maryland location performing P.M.s and such.I had to almost beg for 12.00 an hour and they expect you to do external engine work, run diagnostics, and the whole nine yards. Easily a 25.00 an hour job but instead you get 12. Frickin 12 bucks an hour! They work you very strange hours and expect alot of overtime. The shop guys were great to work with and Troy was a good guy. Hes the night shift boss but beyond that it is a nightmare. This company should be shut down. Bowman is an ignorant selfish heartless man. He shouldnt be able to sleep at night. Terrible person. Hearing of this company is worse than nails on a chalkboard! Steer clear!
Pros
Not one
Cons
Countless. Everything about the company is a con. You spell con, B.O.W.M.A.N.
Stay away
Driver (Former Employee) –  Williamsport mdDecember 15, 2016
Not only is management poor, don't expect any quality home time. This company is the worst. No matter how much you do, it will never be enough.
When you come up for review and get nothing but great feedback, there's no raise, just Bowman bucks that you can only use to buy their merchandise

AGAIN, STAY AWAY FROM HERE!!!
Pros
Cons
Too many
Productive and wonderful people
Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Williamsport, MDOctober 9, 2016
My time with Bowman has been great. The boss will go to bat for his employees. Even when things are extremely slow in the warehouse he makes sure we get our weekly hours.
Not to Bad
Diesel Mechanic Apprentice Huntersville (Former Employee) –  Huntersville, NCSeptember 19, 2016
Its a good place to work if you love manual labor. I worked there and sweat my backside off everyday. Just dont expect a raise or anything. I was supposed to have one after 90 days. I never saw one and almost made it 6 months