D.R. Horton
64Average
Here to help: Coronavirus update

D.R. Horton Employee Reviews

You’re seeing reviews close to Ashburn, VA based on your current location
Not your desired location?
Choose a different one
Ashburn, VA10 reviews
good
Regional Management was hands on and very active in each sale. Systems management tools are created by the local division. Allowed for fast timeline to get projects online.
Standard office job
I enjoyed the time and experienced I receive. It is mundane but a great way to step into the corporate world. I was not expecting anything overly awesome or fun.
Low Employee Morale
High ratio of turnovers. Employees are overwhelmed which give little to no work life/balance. No yearly increases or bonuses.
Pros
Cons
no yearly increase or bonus
Great Sales Team
The Capital Division has one of the best sales team that I have worked with. The sales people are great to work with, and we keep each other going thru the tough times.
A good company to work for with not a lot of changes
Typical day to day is boring but at least you are getting a pay check. I think that I enjoy working her because I can come and go as I please.
It was a nice place to work.
Managed vendor communications and information files by maintained purchase order flow, updated projects vendor lists, coordinated paperwork for vendors, processed and changed purchase orders.
Supported the Purchasing Manager in the daily functions of the Purchasing Department, which included, but was not limited to: a variety of clerical tasks, walk-in service requests with homeowners' direct work to be done by sub-contractors.

Coordinated a warranty response under the terms of the warranty agreement and regulations, received and confirmed receipt of the homeowners' service requests, evaluated the homeowner's repair issues to determine if they are warrantable items, scheduled and managed required repairs, developed and maintained good rapport with subcontractors/vendors and superiors to ensure quality work.

I learned purchasing skills and how the construction business is run.
Building beautiful homes
Arrive at the building site and do a drive by at your houses that are under construction, then to the trailer to check the production schedule.

Alot about footer construction.

Ok

Hard workers

Dealing with the sub-contractors, damaged materials, and theft!!!

Seeing a house that was completed on-time and the homeowners signed off on the punch list!!
Pros
free lunch from time to time.
Cons
sub-contractors
Great company to have worked for. Developed project management experience. Successfully achieved marketing background & experience with agencies
A typical work day for me at D.R. Horton consisted of planning, scheduling, and managing marketing campaigns for our new home communities.

Having my finger on the pulse of our new home communities, I would field customer inquiries both by phone and email, review traffic reports, collaborate and check in with our creative agencies, and prioritize any modifications and fine-tunings of any mission critical marketing materials or information.

Oftentimes, I would proactively engage with the Division President, the Sales & Marketing VP, and the internal sales team for the latest and greatest on news and information for product updates and price changes, sales promotions, broker events, and discussions of media schedules and campaigns.

In addition, the maintenance of our corporate division website was a top priority of mine that I managed daily. I would frequently peruse the website and look for any errors, typos, mis-spellings, outdated info or images, current products and pricing, and then make any necessary changes and publish immediately.

Developing email marketing campaigns was another web-based focus of mine, especially as new communities sold out and new ones opened. Advertising of spec homes was often a topic included in the email blasts. If feedback was received, replies would be sent promptly and leads would be dispersed accordingly.

Managed a leads database for the sales team and provided maintenance on that as well and monitored user accounts.

Community signage, landscaping, model home merchandising meetings, and vendor agreements and negotiations were also a typical
 - more...
Pros
good compensation and benefits, employee events, employee recognition, entrepreneurial spirit, employee training
Cons
housing market downturn made for extremely tense working environment, layoffs, and skeleton crew
Good company to work for
overall great place to work .. Market hurt the company but a great place and compnay to work for.
Pros
management
Cons
market
sports
worked with venders to get job done also sign off venders bills when work was completed walked customers when house was ready
Pros
benafits
Cons
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at D.R. Horton?