D.R. Horton

D.R. Horton Employee Reviews

United States613 reviews

builderdivisionconstructionbuyersuperintendenthomeownersubdivisionbuild

good

Regional Management was hands on and very active in each sale. Systems management tools are created by the local division. Allowed for fast timeline to get projects online.

Poor management

Poor management (Tampa South). They will push you until you break so they are able to claim their bonuses. Customer satisfaction is NOT on their list of priorities as much as it was mine. You can learn a lot from the field trades but the lack of compassion will absolutely drain your happiness.

Pros

Freedom to run your job site

Cons

Management is a bunch of buddies who promote each other and couldn’t care less for your well being.

D.R. Horton insights

What people like
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Ability to meet personal goals
Areas for improvement
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager

What is the best part of working at the company?A few solid coworkersWhat is the most stressful part about working at the company?Dealing with unqualified and racist coworkers and managers. What is the work environment and culture like at the company?If you’re not part of the clique or the correct skin complexion expect to work more than other coworkers that fit into that category. What is a typical day like for you at the company?Arrive at your desk and stay there for 8hrs. You will be watched and micro managed.

What is the best part of working at the company?Great place to work! Management actually knows what they are doing. What is the most stressful part about working at the company?Wasn't anything. Construction is stressful. What is the work environment and culture like at the company?Perfect! Loved working there. What is a typical day like for you at the company?Top notch. Always on the move.

DR Horton - Tampa South Division Sarasota, FL - HR and Management Struggles

DR Horton is a great company! Be very mindful about what division you'll be working for! TPA South is very number driven at the time of this writing.

Pros

Celebrations on reaching milestones, meeting new people with different skill sets

Cons

Short breaks, high employee turn over, no vehicle, no gas card and no re-imbursement on tools, or supplies needed out in the field.

What is the best part of working at the company?There were a few people that were accomodatingWhat is the most stressful part about working at the company?Lack of communication and transparency. No trainingWhat is the work environment and culture like at the company?Toxic and unhealthy. Upper management is horrible.What is a typical day like for you at the company?Very slow. Management does not give you enough work or train you on what needs to be done. No responses to emails ever.

Unrealistic expectations

Do not work here. Unrealstic Expectations. No Career advancement. Very political and known to play favorites. No support and lack of TRAINING. I Was never trained.

Pros

Work life balance.

Cons

benefits, Work environment, Management, No growth.

Bad reputation for a reason

Low pay, toxic culture, completely disconnected management. They wont give you what you need to succeed and will punish you for petty nonsense. bad reputation for a reason. run away

Pros

the people on the ground

Cons

bootlickers only, corporate management

Helpful Coworkers

Coworkers were great and always there to help. Very busy day that went fast. Great managers willing to teach new things. Good culture that makes you feel like family.

Pros

Friendly environment

Cons

Office moved further away

Stressful

The jobs itself is not but but I feel like I’m going insane with the amount of stress this job brings. Quantity over quality and that makes the supers jobs 10x harder because you are dealing with upset homeowners and closing homes that should not be closing.

What is the best part of working at the company?The people, the product and the income. What is the most stressful part about working at the company?Managing my timeWhat is the work environment and culture like at the company?If you do your job...everything is good. What is a typical day like for you at the company?The structure of your day is what you make it. There's more to this job than meets the eye.

Great potential

Cut-throat corporate environment, even amongst peers. Otherwise, great job. Good people, opportunities for growth, limitless potential for pay and knowledge acquisition. Great benefits but larger than advertised work load

Great company, OK pay

The company as a whole takes care of their employees and great health benefits. Salary is not as high as other builders and they don’t reimburse for gas which is frustrating when they want you to be out in the field driving around.

Great pay potential for sales reps

Solid company, you definitely sacrifice your personal life for the pay. But it can be very financially lucrative. It’s been a good experience just know what you’re getting into.

Terrible place to work

The manager or better yet anyone at this place does not care about you. Employees are underpaid and over worked. This is the worst job I have ever had and I wouldn’t want my worst enemy to have to work at this place

What is the best part of working at the company?Truly a great group of professionals! Trustworthy and very knowledgeable. They will build you the homes of your dreams . JMFWhat is the most stressful part about working at the company?Not stressful. The clientel is wonderful.What is the work environment and culture like at the company?Team collaboration all the way!What is a typical day like for you at the company?Fun -- busy -- satisfying!

Great company, if your regional management is compititent.

Great model, Great company, my regional management was subpar. Had it not been for that I would still be there. The spec sales model makes the process easy and pay comes quickly (aside from supply chain issues which they could not help). Before you apply, get a read on your region.

Awful, Unprofessional Company

They expect you to work 12+ hours a day AND bring your work home with you, all while paying you a joke of a salary. They constantly fire people and let people quit without finding replacements, they just dump the ex-employees work in someone else's lap until they are so overwhelmed that they burn out and break under the pressure. All while refusing to give you raises for doing your job and the job of 3 other departments.They implement random dress codes after you've been there for years without one and only enforce the dress code on POC & Women. They give you PTO but treat you awfully and threaten your job if you ever dare to use it. Seriously, you can't even take a day off to take yourself to the doctor or your car to a mechanic without your manager giving you the third degree and threatening you the next day. Managers will throw you under the bus and frame you for mistakes they make, and make up lies about you if they don't personally like you, regardless of how well you do your job.I finally quit during COVID, after they made it clear that they were not going to follow CDC guidelines while forcing us into the office and cramming us into our cubicles like sardines. Best decision I ever made. They do not care about you or your family, but expect you to give your blood, sweat, tears, and first born child to them.The worst part is that they build some of the worst homes in this country. I'm talking brand new $500,000-$700,000 homes with leaking ceilings, sink holes, uneven floors and trims, among a million other nightmares. Then they have the audacity to call themselves -

Pros

They sometimea feed you

Cons

They overwork and underpay, unprofessionalism

America’s #1 Builder

I love what I do & I do what I love - I could not ask for anything more! To watch anyone walk out of closing with keys in hand magical! Working with people & Realtor Partners is Fantastic!

Pros

Events

Cons

24/7 hours - balance

Best job

This was the best company I have worked for. I recommend anyone looking for high income and a challenge to join. Only negative is working every weekend and most holidays. But the income get you over that.

Good job security

Big company with lots of employees. Good job security and likes to advance employees from within. Depends on the department that one is in, as being in some departments offer one zero chance of advancing.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at D.R. Horton. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.7 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Women's ratings

1.5Fairygodboss Score

50%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

0%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by  Fairygodboss

Compare D.R. Horton with

D.R. Horton reviews by popular job title

• D.R. Horton
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?