D.R. Horton Employee Reviews

Great company
Purchasing Agent (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CASeptember 18, 2018
I loved DR Horton. I would have stayed forever but they moved to Corona which was too far from my home. Great culture and environment. Team Work was great as well
Coworkers are great, customers are terrible.
Assistant Superintendent (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 27, 2018
Most managers are great, but there is a chance to receive a bad manager that makes it difficult to work. Most days are started with paperwork and reviewing houses. The rest of the time there will be issues with houses that need to be fixed, parking management, scheduling trades, writing purchase orders, picking up trash, helping/doing closings, and customer service for houses that have already closed. The bulk of the stress will come from trades not showing up and the customers misunderstanding the house is a production home, so it will not be perfect. Customers ruin the experience.
Terrible place to work!
New Home Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKAugust 24, 2018
Only interested in quantity over quality. The employee doesn’t matter and neither does the customer. They only care about profit margins and meeting sales goals. Lacks good management and leadership. They are constantly changing things to fix what they changed before and still can’t get it right. They’ve had 3 different sales managers in 3 years. Turnover is high! You are expected to achieve unrealistic quotas with little to no help. Not a family oriented company whatsoever. The only positive attribute is being able to help the customer achieve their dream of homeownership.
Pros
Helping customers purchase their dream home.
Cons
Lacks good leadership.
Good company to work for.
Warranty Coordinator/Customer Care (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 19, 2018
company is good to work for. Offers excellent benefits and compensation. Offices are centrally located. Quarterly bonuses are dispersed. Family friendly work place.
Pros
Benefits.
Cons
Some managers are not good managers.
Average company
Superintendent (Former Employee) –  Valencia, CAJuly 29, 2018
This company is an average company to work for. Driven only by profit and did not put customer service as a priority for the new home owners. Good people worked for the company, but the corporate mission was driven only by quantity and profit.
Productive workplace
Senior Escrow Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Simi Valley, CAJuly 24, 2018
Busy office. Corporate atmosphere but fun to work for. The President and Vice President were good people. The company provides many incentives and rewards their employees.
Pros
Bonuses, competetive salary
Cons
Fluctuates with the real estate market
Endentured Servant
Assistant Superintendent (Former Employee) –  North WestJuly 23, 2018
This company/division in Portland, OR treats you as a number
Steals from subcontractors does not pay, makes your job much harder than it needs to be.
No work/home balance
No loyalty to those that perform, once again a number, and not appreciated.
Management needs to be revamped, constantly changing ideas and process, because they made mistakes and make subcontractors pay for their short falls.
Upper management will use you as an escape goat for blame, if you do not save all conversations.
Hostile work environment, for employees and subcontractors alike.
Would be a great place to work and have a career, if most of the management was replaced with people with integrity, ethics, and a want to build quality homes. Not cutting corners.
Pros
Benefits package
Cons
Balance of work and home, pressure and stress, constant turnover, 90% of new hires have no idea about construction, management treats you like a number
Poor Work Life Balance
Accounting Clerk (Former Employee) –  Kirkland, WAJuly 11, 2018
This place is only about the production of how much gets processed. If you don't meet those levels of what is expected the job isn't for you. There is no work life balance only work.
Great Career
Design Services Manager (Former Employee) –  Deerfield Beach, FLJuly 9, 2018
First experience working in a corporate environment.

It had it's pro's & cons but I loved my career with DRH.

I was responsible to oversee the Design Services of the South Florida Region. I designed and built several onsite design studios throughout Miami-Dade, Broward and Palm Beach. I staffed and managed the day to day operations of each including marketing, sales incentives and processes and procedures.
Fast Pace Selling, They give you what you need to succeed!
Community Sale Manager (Former Employee) –  Concord, CAJune 20, 2018
Great place of highly intelligent people that are very supportive. They have a "sales first" mentally that I love. The homes are well built. Training was excellent and educational.
Pros
Benefits, Great Pay, Sales First Culture
Cons
None.
Awesome place to work
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 18, 2018
This was a great place to work. Every employee was treated with respect. There were team building events (picnics, lunches, grand openings)outside of the office. Benefits were good.
Busy switchboard, work with multiple departments.
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
Hard to move up without specific credentials
Very Family Oriented
Loan Processor (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 11, 2018
To work her the past 6 years has been a great experience. Everyone is great to work with. Love the Family like feel that is presented. WE have plenty of events that helps us all come together and we are always able to meet others from different departments. Love this company.
Pros
Love the Atmospher
Cons
I work too far
Great Place To Work
Texas - DATA ENTRY (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJune 8, 2018
This was only a temporary job, but they didn't treat me like I was a temp. Everyone made me feel welcomed and did their best to help me advance for the short time I was there.
Great place to learn and get certified.
Assistant Superintendent (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAMay 27, 2018
Great group of people and excellent benefits. Hectic days and unrealistic goals. High turnover and low pay. Houses are thrown together and rushed to close. No quality time spent in the homes before closing. Cheap built houses
Pros
Great benefits, great place to learn, good people to work with
Cons
Long hectic stressful days, low pay and fast paced unrealistic goals
Be ready to work
Senior Superintendent (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMay 11, 2018
This was another job that can't be done until you are a very detailed person. This is a 12 to 14 hour a day job so you'll need to be dedicated to it to be successful.
Pros
Bonus
Cons
Houston north office needs lots of help
Loan Processor (Former Employee) –  Conroe, TXApril 23, 2018
Extensive amount of overtime, most with little notice given. Very hard to have a family/life balance here. Management does not apply same rules to everyone. Prepare to spend most of your time in meetings then be reprimanded for not moving fast enough.
Pros
Training on site, low cost for benefits
Cons
All mentioned above, plus low bonus paid per file
unfortunate
Assistant Superintendent (Current Employee) –  Covington, GAApril 12, 2018
Its unfortunate. I had high hopes for it being a good job. I enjoy the field I work in but management is extremely lacking and a very high turn over rate. And they want the deadlines met but wont accept any overtime when they know its necessary.
Pros
vacation
Cons
high turn over rate
Great opportunities
Superintendent/ Backend Builder (Former Employee) –  DeKalb County, GAApril 6, 2018
I enjoyed the role i played in this company.

i learned a lot of what to expect when it comes to building homes.

I learned to deal with all sorts of issues, some i only ever had to deal with once. Each problem was a learning experience. I feel as though i have grown as a builder because of the people around and above me.
Pros
great pay
Cons
frustrating work environment
Great company
Sales Counselor (Current Employee) –  Denham Springs, LAApril 4, 2018
I love working with the clients. Nothing better than helping make your clients dreams come true through home ownership. The only downside is the management team.
Pros
Good company
Cons
bad management
Productive and fun place to work
Purchasing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Woodland Hills, CAApril 3, 2018
Employee supportive. Productive and fun place to work. Good job work/life balance. Management is supportive. Good job advancement. Good break lengths.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at D.R. Horton. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.7

2.5Personal Development

3.0Career Opportunities

2.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight