D.R. Horton Employee Reviews

Fast Pace Selling, They give you what you need to succeed!
Community Sale Manager (Former Employee) –  Concord, CAJune 20, 2018
Great place of highly intelligent people that are very supportive. They have a "sales first" mentally that I love. The homes are well built. Training was excellent and educational.
Pros
Benefits, Great Pay, Sales First Culture
Cons
None.
Awesome place to work
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 18, 2018
This was a great place to work. Every employee was treated with respect. There were team building events (picnics, lunches, grand openings)outside of the office. Benefits were good.
Busy switchboard, work with multiple departments.
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
Hard to move up without specific credentials
Very Family Oriented
Loan Processor (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 11, 2018
To work her the past 6 years has been a great experience. Everyone is great to work with. Love the Family like feel that is presented. WE have plenty of events that helps us all come together and we are always able to meet others from different departments. Love this company.
Pros
Love the Atmospher
Cons
I work too far
Great Place To Work
Texas - DATA ENTRY (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJune 8, 2018
This was only a temporary job, but they didn't treat me like I was a temp. Everyone made me feel welcomed and did their best to help me advance for the short time I was there.
Great place to learn and get certified.
Assistant Superintendent (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAMay 27, 2018
Great group of people and excellent benefits. Hectic days and unrealistic goals. High turnover and low pay. Houses are thrown together and rushed to close. No quality time spent in the homes before closing. Cheap built houses
Pros
Great benefits, great place to learn, good people to work with
Cons
Long hectic stressful days, low pay and fast paced unrealistic goals
Be ready to work
Senior Superintendent (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMay 11, 2018
This was another job that can't be done until you are a very detailed person. This is a 12 to 14 hour a day job so you'll need to be dedicated to it to be successful.
Pros
Bonus
Cons
Houston north office needs lots of help
Loan Processor (Former Employee) –  Conroe, TXApril 23, 2018
Extensive amount of overtime, most with little notice given. Very hard to have a family/life balance here. Management does not apply same rules to everyone. Prepare to spend most of your time in meetings then be reprimanded for not moving fast enough.
Pros
Training on site, low cost for benefits
Cons
All mentioned above, plus low bonus paid per file
unfortunate
Assistant Superintendent (Current Employee) –  Covington, GAApril 12, 2018
Its unfortunate. I had high hopes for it being a good job. I enjoy the field I work in but management is extremely lacking and a very high turn over rate. And they want the deadlines met but wont accept any overtime when they know its necessary.
Pros
vacation
Cons
high turn over rate
Great opportunities
Superintendent/ Backend Builder (Former Employee) –  DeKalb County, GAApril 6, 2018
I enjoyed the role i played in this company.

i learned a lot of what to expect when it comes to building homes.

I learned to deal with all sorts of issues, some i only ever had to deal with once. Each problem was a learning experience. I feel as though i have grown as a builder because of the people around and above me.
Pros
great pay
Cons
frustrating work environment
Great company
Sales Counselor (Current Employee) –  Denham Springs, LAApril 4, 2018
I love working with the clients. Nothing better than helping make your clients dreams come true through home ownership. The only downside is the management team.
Pros
Good company
Cons
bad management
Productive and fun place to work
Purchasing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Woodland Hills, CAApril 3, 2018
Employee supportive. Productive and fun place to work. Good job work/life balance. Management is supportive. Good job advancement. Good break lengths.
Great office that unfortunately was shut down
Executive Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Simi Valley, CAApril 2, 2018
I learned so much during my time at D.R. Horton. I feel blessed to have worked with the people I did. It was dynamic, fast paced and you constantly had to multi-task and prioritize.
Pros
Able to cross train
Cons
To progress here you have to be liked by management or nepotism
Corporate IT Help Desk Specialist (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXMarch 25, 2018
Its a great environment if you want to change software and hardware every 2 years!
Its a great company if you dont want a review or a raise, unless your chosen or become a pet.
Its ok if you want to work 1 week on call and only get paid for the time your on the phone, even if you have to go into work on weekends but it is counted as a regular day
Its ok to work there if you dont mind others getting hand picked for positions and never getting an option to apply for the position.
Its ok to work there if you want to be told to do something but could never get it in writing.
Ok guess if you really want to find out you will have to try it out for yourself.

You will work helpdesk, desktop support, applications and installs by sccm, other tasks as needed, IE you could be vacuming, moving furniture, flying at your own expense then wait 2+weeks to get paid back only to be scrutinized if you eat somewhere they dont like.

In the time I was there over 36 techs went through the helpdesk of 18. Plus 2 Helpdesk managers

DR is a great person. Most other staff is also great.
Pros
Benefits- Time off, Health ins, 401k, stock
Cons
Job Security, only because I cant give 0, Everything above and more/ Very Very Poor Management for IT Helpdesk
It is all about the numbers
Superintendent/Builder (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMarch 22, 2018
They would load you down with a lot of houses (45-60 houses) some in other communities. You would have to train your Assist Superintendent because he had no experience. It was about getting the houses out and not caring about the quality and warranty on homes D R Horton also favors people if you not in the click you don't get promoted.
Benefits
Cons
work all the time
Escrow Company
Land Acquisition Assistant (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 19, 2018
Not enough sales, unable to assist other departments, home market decreased, unable to stay due to contact. There were not enough benefits provided if were to contracted longer.
Awful place to work. No life balance. all 24/7.
Appraisal Department (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMarch 18, 2018
Awful place to work. No life balance. Expected to be on call 24/7. No support from management. Always had to look over my shoulder to wonder who was next to be fired for no reason. Was a manager and never could make decisions on my own. Always had to run it by my manager and would take weeks to get a response from my manager. Overall a hostile environment. Worst place ever to work at.
workpklace can be very stressful and demanding
Project Administrator (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMarch 12, 2018
Juggling all responsibilities put upon you and carrying other peoples load also. Training was very minimal. Left on your own to navigate information for your position.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Management subject to popularity not work output
Relaxed Challenging Environment
Application Specialist (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMarch 7, 2018
I learned a lot from D.R. Horton, and thoroughly enjoyed my time there. The team in the office is friendly, and very helpful when dealing with issues collaboratively. Benefits are great, and the management team is wonderful, and understanding. Career advancement is a little stagnant, but the best are duly compensated for their work.
Pros
Relaxed, good work life balance
Cons
Not much room for advancement
Cut throat
Construction Superintendent (Current Employee) –  Reno, NVMarch 5, 2018
Sales department is out of control, Sales try's to dictate and rule over Construction.If the sales agents do not get there way they will try set up construction managers with lies to have them fired.
Pros
Great Construction Personel
Cons
Poor working Experience between departments
Just a number
Realtor (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCFebruary 27, 2018
Management will release well qualified sales/brokers with proven track records WITH HORTON... then turn around and hire new brokers with no proven track record or success? Years of great results then a bad performing quarter and you'll be released. This is poor management and a great example of being treated as a number with no employee appreciation.
Pros
solid product, benefits and pay structure
Cons
always the sale rep fault for community lack of performance

Ask a question about working or interviewing at D.R. Horton. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.8InHerSight Score

2.6Personal Development

3.1Career Opportunities

2.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight