DB Schenker Logistics

• Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager

Successful work completion

After having been out of work for a little over a year for health reasons, this job was purposely chosen for it's level of job difficulty to the applicant.: (It was something I'd never done before, overnight work and twelve hour shifts!) After a year and a half, my assignment was completed successfully, and I am now pursuing career opportunities with stability and the opportunity for career advancement.

Overwhelmed

Don't ever work there, too much of being overwhelmed. Was supposed to work eight hours, turned out to be twelve instead after Covid. No leadership whatsoever.

Pros

Pays good

Cons

No leadership whatsoever

Some really nice people and some very racist.

The men's restroom is nastier than a port a can at a truck stop. The women's is nice and the management RR is nice. Breaks are 10 minutes, management is very unorganized and they treat you like children. You punch a clock and you better not be late. More rules than an elementary school. I have to ask to go to the restroom, then in front of 40 people they want to know #1 or #2.Everyone goes on break at the same time, like 40 people in a break room with 15 chairs, only 4 microwaves and you only get 30 minutes. The environment is very stressful as nothing works correctly and they change the process daily.They have signs everywhere that say 0 tolerance for racism but that seems to only apply to certain people because it's heard constantly from the ones that it should offend the most.

Pros

Some really good people to work with of all races.

Cons

Short breaks and some really outragous rules to follow to the T, Hear the N word constantly in a crowd but the ppl saying it are exempt.

Bad management

People don’t quit jobs. They quit management. There are questionable ethics to say the least. However the pay for the position is good and my time there is thankfully over.

Overall a great place

Extremely simple and straightforward job. Very low risk environment that translated into cheap insurance premiums. With accruing vacation time from day one, set up in a way that potentially after 6 weeks you could use a vacation day. I was still younger at the time so I never really looked into the other benefits deeply, but I believe they were good. Only real complaint is the break times.. They got by with the OSHA minimum. It was (3) 15 minute breaks over 12 hr shift.

Pros

Cheap insurance, decent 401K, sweet vacation policy

Cons

Short breaks

Care to share?

Help people considering your employer. Share your experience.

Pay is not equal

They do not promote from within, they pay people hired after you more, even if they do not posses a 1/3 of the experience you have. If you get put on afternoons you will be stuck.

Pros

They do have luncheons and pizza a lot.

Cons

Terrible management and you are not allowed to have an opinion.

Bad hr no idea of how ops works

Bad hr. , a lot of overtime and. Political bad training very little training on labor management system most people on the floor are not able to do their job .

Cons

Overtime

Productive workplace

DB Schenker is a company if you put in hard work, you will be recognized. Management is understanding to employees everyday life and very understanding when life throws us curve balls, management works with you. There is room for advancement if you pay attention to what is expected out of you.

No life woking for them

It was an ok job to work for if you have thick skin and could endure most of the bs they throw your way. They have seniority priorities here and you more then likely would be working night shift until one of their senior guys decide to quit or switch to nights for personal reasons. They have their favorite picks here fir the guys that are “yes men” to them and im a bery hard worker, gave them a 120% every night i worked there all to be insulted by one of their favorite yes man. The supervisors are fairly decent and its nothing to take off went you need too with no hassle at all. They treat drivers like machines instead of human beings throughout it all but im starting to get used to that in this driving industry

Pros

Can request time off when you need it with no hassle

Cons

Treats drivers like machines

It used to be awesome. Now it's just meh.

When I first started in 2018, it was a fun place to work, and very laid back. The weekend shift in particular was awesome. We had a good crew, and the weekend manager was a great boss to work for.However, in 2020 they moved into a new facility and everything changed. The weekend shift was mostly done away with. One of the most fun job positions: "Put-away", was mostly eliminated and replaced with automated machines, aka "DMS". The management became more uptight, as well.It's hard to put into words, but basically the whole vibe of the place changed for the worse.It's still not a horrible job, but it's not great either.

Pros

It's fairly laid back for non-DMS employees. Bosses aren't constantly breathing down your neck

Cons

Low pay, Must wear headache-inducing safety glasses at all times, The jab will soon be mandatory

Dbshenker

It was a good place to work for but competition is a bit too much. Its fast paced. Almost everyone at dbshenker seemed to enjoy their job. And quite a few stayuntil retirement

It’s cool

Work is steady, but management does not care about employees, 3!breaks, and paid weekly like I said it is a decent job.. sucks if you have a family if you ask me

Pros

Decent pay

Cons

Mandatory OT every week

They work you hard and will not give room for growth within the business

They hire too many temps for the busy season and lay most of them off at the end of the season due to not enough work, and do not hire on as promised.

Pros

Nothing really

Cons

Bad hiring on process

Terrible management

The Branch level management is completely unable to make any decisions to enhance work life for the employees. The lifers at this company are sneaky and will shred a person's character if they disagree with you. This is not a "Career length" employer. If you're desperate for a job or just want some experience in the industry, then take a ride. Just don't drink their Kool Aid, you'll leave a worse person than when you walked in.

Pros

Some helpful people.

Cons

Constantly short staffed. Double and triple work loads. No support from management. Cumbersome, antiquated software that slows productivity. Terrible HR department. Poor integrity of staff.

Very unorganized and stressful work environment at times

I'm part time so I'm in and out and management always worked with my schedule. But I see others there and everyone is miserable. From the lack of help, management of people, letting stuff slide , pay and etc. Unorganized work place. The turnover rate is very high. If you come in and do your job dispite the BS like at every job you will be alright.

Pros

Thy have multiple positions in the office if your not feeling the warehouse

Cons

High turnover rate which puts more workload the regulars there

Fast pace job be ready to work

Great job lots of overtime and plenty of work. If you don't like to work it's not for you.. I enjoyed it I like to work and they money and perks they offer are great.

Pros

Good compensation and plenty of time off if needed great benefits 401k everything.

Cons

Overtime is a must

Lack of Ambition from Management. Micromanaging and Favoritism.

Since I’ve been there, the high turn over rate has been off the roof. There is absolutely no training set in place for new hires, so everyone is learning from each other who are also new. Therefore, we get a lot of back lash for messing up and no support from management. Instead there is an Operations Manager that would micro manage everybody’s work and time. If your looking to get promoted there is no way to do so because the Ops Manager chooses by favoritism. Lack of communication between management and the staff creating an unorganized, chaotic environment. If you would like to speak to HR about any of your concerns they encourage you to look at a number posted that rarely gets used because HR is pretty much absent and is regional to certain parts of United States, so far HR has only helped the management become better at getting away with things they shouldn’t be. Please, I warn you to look for a better place that has a better work, life, balance.

Pros

Great Pay

Cons

Toxic Work Environment

Extremely busy

Lots of favoritism between employees. Very biased toward certain ppl and hard to talk to employees due to language barrier. Hard to communicate due to favoritism. Then the pandemic came and I had to leave. But the hours and task don’t amount to the pay I was offered

It used to be a great place to work.

A new GM came in a year ago and said he wanted to create a new work culture, and boy did he. LMS has been cut so close, very few are making what was made 3-4 years ago. Safety took a back seat to productivity for the longest time. Too many incidents, no repercussions, no additional training, no stand-downs for mhe to mhe. It used to be a great place to work but not anymore, they expect everything from their employees but give nothing in return, unless you miss a lot of time, then the start to reduce the points you’ve accrued if you can maintain perfect attendance for a month. The internet isn’t working properly and hasn’t been for about a year now, it can shut you down for 5-10 minutes right in the middle of loading or unloading a truck. That’s about it in a nutshell.

Pros

Occasional catered lunch.

Cons

They’ve taken away almost all incentives as far as attendance goes, for the most part.

Left alone most of the Time

Because we're a 3rd part Logistics company things run up many flag poles and tend to disappear in the process. Proper order of work assignments not happening from the top down.

Pros

Pay

Cons

Schedule and maintenance of equipment

Stressful

There are no set schedules, sometimes overtime is mandatory until further notice, very unorganized, zero accountability, forget about getting your 40 hours if you don't load or unload trucks. Inventory counts are always off so you always have errors on picks. Management doesn't inform you of any new changes until the day before or the day of. They can also come up to your car on your lunch break and tell you you're staying an hour of overtime the same day. I worked here for 2 years and it gradually got worse and worse.

Pros

Cons

Expensive health care and no set schedules

Ask a question about working or interviewing at DB Schenker Logistics. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Ratings from women

2.3
InHerSight Score
1.6Personal Development
3.3Career Opportunities
2.2Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight