DB Schenker Logistics Employee Reviews

Found 511 reviews matching the search See all 1,021 reviews
Operations manager is messy and untrustworthy.
Logistics Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALDecember 11, 2018
Management plays favorites. Operations manager is messy and untrustworthy. Women are not treated fairly. Performance numbers are doctored for favorites. There is no HR on site. Corporate HR is a joke. Pay is low, insurance is expensive. Benefits are mediocre at best. Management gets bonuses but not the employees. LEAN program is a joke. No regular pay raises, lucky if you get one a year, very unlikely. Good employees leave or get fired, bad ones get treated well. Training is non-existent. No one helps or explains how to do things but are quick to throw you under the bus if you make a mistake. No loyalty. This company does not have your back! Management can't be trusted. There is no team atmosphere.
Cons
Few holidays, overtime only after 40 actual worked hrs. No schedule fexibilty. No team atmosphere.
Corporate cultured bottom line focused, horrible senior management
Air Export Manager (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WADecember 15, 2018
At almost 40 years with this company, I’ve seen ALOT of changes and worked in multiple locations. Gradual changes over the last 10 years have turned a once caring, customer oriented, personable fun and proud to work at place. Into a corporate greed focused bottom line only matters. Unrealistic expectations, and splintered upper management directives They don’t understand time and research is needed by the field/floor to make right decisions for customers and the company. Managements Main focus is Revenue and GP, that’s all. Employees don’t matter. Finally this year I received a 2% raise after 9 years of no increase. Most employees are very unhappy and very much under appreciated if at all. Run don’t walk away from DB Schenker
Pros
Benefits, wonderful caring fun to work with colleagues within our office
Cons
Severely short staffed, over worked, report and KPI driven, does not and will not listen to employees who face the customers daily.
Its just not a good company too work for because of mangment they dont give too care about there temps
Oder Picker/ Prosser (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 9, 2019
Db is not a good place to work they over work people an don't care about the temps all they care about are they employer's an if you are though a temp service am get someone hired in they base that person off of you my 90 days had been over an they still fire me becauae I had got a person a job there an I did get raised every quarter so i2 did not see the point of them firing me because I was a good worker an they talk about all of they employer's its just bad an I really did like working there the pay is real good but they don't go about situation like they should its all about they in employers say too them too get a other person out the door an they employer's dont like too see temps move up in there an the supervisor did not do such a good job
Decent Job
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Inwood, wvNovember 14, 2018
Best job I’ve had in the entire Martinsburg, Wv area. Production is the focus in any manufacturing environment and that can create stress for both workers and management if the company doesn’t have the required workforce to keep up, this company doesn’t seem to have a greed issue and makes sure we are well prepared for our tasks. If there was one thing I could change before it starts to become normal thing at the Martinsburg location is: No mandatory overtime, that will cause you to lose workers very quickly and that is bad for the company because you will run out of quality workers eventually and then be stuck with temp agencies.
Pros
Good pay, good benefits, good upward mobility
Cons
Short breaks, mandating overtime, P&g employees make you feel as if you are the bottom of the barrel compared to them, point system without compromising
an ok job, but I think it could have paid more for the position
Sanitation Technician (Former Employee) –  Pryor Creek, OKJanuary 2, 2019
Overall experience was good.
The employees were, with a few exceptions, good to work with.
Management was good under the previous manager. Not so much with the current warehouse production manager.
The main thing I would recommend is a pay raise for cost of living, and more consistency on the regular evaluation and performance reviews of all employees.
DB Schenker is an employer who does not value the importance of the human resources at the desk level.
Import Manager (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 24, 2018
Go in read e-mail
Follow my own judgement even if it gets your hand slapped
Many upper management in daily day to day business trying to over manage the team.
Moral was very low and there was no structure, trying to implement structure was tough.
Boasting the moral of my team after them not having raises since they started, some for a period of 8 years. Then when they did get raises they were very small.
Working on the new project and learning how to implement a new change.
Pros
My team, they worked hard and did the best they could
Cons
Upper Management had unrealistic expectations
Only work here if you do not want a life
CASE PICKER (Current Employee) –  Edwardsville, ILJanuary 9, 2019
IF YOU HAVE A FAMILY AND LOVE THEM DO NOT WORK HERE as a CASE PICKER. As a case picker the pay is not good when you take into account that you are mainly working Mandatory over time at this place which consist of 12 hour shifts and 6 days on with 1 day off. This company is to busy and if you ask me they do not care for there employees well being. We rarely get to see the regular schedule the company already has planned out for us.
Benefits
Cons
Everything else
Good company for advancement but poor culture and inconsistent vision/purpose from executive management
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Inland Empire, CAJune 9, 2018
DB Schenker is a good company in regards to advancement opportunities primarily because they have a strong client base and large sites/accounts. There is opportunity to move up within the ranks for hard workers who are dedicated and willing to put in the long hours. Not the best working culture and little support from management in regards to work/life balance. Not very many company "perks" or benefits for employees as there is little focus on employee engagement or culture. High turn over in upper and executive management which leads to inconsistent vision/purpose long-term.
Pros
Large company with strong client base
Cons
Poor working culture
Good work environment
Imports Specialist (break bulk) (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLJanuary 10, 2019
Excellent company to work, good benefits and management. Not enough operational employees for the workload, but good environment; a lot of people resigning at the moment
Pros
Job Security
Cons
Not enough operational employees for the workload
Contract position
Accounting/Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Humble, TX 77346January 5, 2019
I never was going to have a chance of being hired. Permanent. They only hire temps . I need benefits. No room for advancement. Overall it was a great place to work.
Pros
Close to home, great people to work with
Cons
Temp position/ no benefits/work on Saturday

Want to know more about DB Schenker Logistics?

Ask a question
Logistics and transporting, decent place to work, benefits are good, (depending on posion) good pay. A variaty of positions available.
Silicon runner, warehouse person, material handler (Former Employee) –  Hillsboro, ORMay 6, 2018
I worked for 9 month it was a good run, started optimisticly. Overtime realized the work demand and hours weren't well met with the pay grade. Eventually i was let go for attendance issues. 8 tardes with in 9 months. Compact shifts are available 12hr shifts 3 to 4 times per week. 3 to 4 days off! Paid weekly. Some nice and attractive people.one hour lunch breaks. SAFETY! Is a way of life in SCHENKER. Raises are based on a variety factors, work performance being one of them. Overall it's a decent place.
Pros
Benefits, hours, beautiful people, good cooks
Cons
Strict rules you must comply with. Some people, long hours, long periods of standing and walking wirh steel toe boots.
Decent job
Deep reach operater (Former Employee) –  Edwardsville, ILNovember 19, 2018
It was a good job paid vacation an benefits. Long hours an time in a half after 40 hrs. Oppurintunties for advancement. Paid college ad well. Train on site
Short term job
Receiving Associate (Former Employee) –  Carlisle, PADecember 4, 2018
Little pay and next to no raise's. Like most jobs uses points system.
KPI's are easy to hit. Not very family friendly. Hard to take time off for Appts,
Cons
Pay, Time off
Nice place
Business Analyst - Regional Data Steward (Former Employee) –  Freeport, NYNovember 6, 2018
Will not reach full salary potential but great people to work with, global environment, interesting industry. Wish I could have stayed longer, but need to move on.
Stable working environment
Test and Repair Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Carlisle, PAAugust 9, 2018
DB Schenker is a great place to work. there are good benefits and great advancement opportunities. I moved up the ranks in just over 2 years at the facility.
Pros
plenty of overtime, good benefits
Cons
time demanding, not much time to have a life, unstable with policy enforcement.
Great job as far as benefits and retirement..., but stressful and underpaid as far as the task in job description
Recovery Operator (Current Employee) –  Hopewell, VASeptember 2, 2018
Benefits good wonderful as far as overtime and hours but management seem to not understand there jobs and made environment kinda of hostile for employees
Its a good place to work at.
Reach truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Edwardsville, ILDecember 5, 2018
I like working for the company. They are understanding as well. They have great benefits. Also you get 10 points and they fall off every 90 days so I think that is pretty cool.
Intended on retiring from!
Transportation Operations Manager (past) (Former Employee) –  Shippensburg, PAOctober 22, 2018
My advancement over the years was steady and I received and exceeded where I chose to put in the work necessary, it is not just given. I was intent on retiring within the company and loyal to the end. Unfortunately an upper management reorganization that was not to effect anyone did and my position was eliminated. But that is just business today. I would definitely return and continue where I left at 16 years if possible in a similar role.
Pros
advancement opportunity, people, overall culture
Cons
Typical EE's that are never happy, sudden decision by new managment and the effect
Warehouse Associate/ Operations (Former Employee) –  Moreno Valley, CAJuly 31, 2018
Many different changes in management the benefits goes up not negotiations Too many harassment & complaints not fixable Fail to give raises when needed, HR keeps making mistakes on pay checks
Good team of dedicated people to work with.
Safety Manager (Former Employee) –  Edwardsville, IL and Saint Peters, MOMay 16, 2018
Good team of Schenker people in the mid-management level though understaffed from the onset combined with an excessively demanding customer with ever-changing priorities, made it extremely difficult to meet expectations. Worked for 3 different General Managers in 15 months and had oversight responsibilities spanning up to 7 different departments at any given time.
Pros
good people, good pay and benefits, clean facilities
Cons
high stress, understaffed Operations and Support management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at DB Schenker Logistics. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

1.7InHerSight Score

1.6Personal Development

1.7Career Opportunities

1.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight