DB Schenker Logistics Employee Reviews

Rather not answer
Import Entry Coordinator (Current Employee) –  NYOctober 19, 2018
Great company conveniently located close to home union job. Weekly webinar to update and keep you knowledgeable about the changes in the Industry. Half an hour lunch break. Ability to help others in your team.
Hard work but pays very well
Case Picker/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Shippensburg, PAOctober 11, 2018
Although we worked long hard hours the job was somewhat enjoyable but the main thing is that DB Shenker actually does care about all employees, and also temps.
great place to work!
Inventory Control (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZOctober 10, 2018
Wonderful place to work but the pay keeps this company at a revolving door status, work comes first pay comes later. Great people to work with but when it comes down to actual pay they could care less.
Pros
great environment, family friendly, fun place to work
Cons
pay, training
Strong competive environment, good co-worker
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  HochiminhOctober 10, 2018
I had worked here in 10 years and experienced lot of systems as well as policy here. Creat lot of SOP for all big customers., communicate and solve problems with customers, internal as well as external colleagues...
Cons
Health care
Db schenker was a good place to work till we got a bad manager that cant manage
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  United StatesOctober 10, 2018
Learned alot working there got alot of experience learned how to operate all the machine like stand up forklift a reach , layericker learned how to load with no loadplan
Pros
Overtime
fast paced
Order Selector (Former Employee) –  Groveport, OHOctober 8, 2018
DB shenker didn't have the time for proper training for the new employees. they told you you what the job was and the layout of the floor and go to it.
Pros
decent hours
Cons
lack of training
done
Entry Writer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 7, 2018
the company is good. A little challenging for promotion but I feel if I would have requested my interest to promote to the right people it would been more probable.
decent
Scanner/Sorter (Former Employee) –  Carlisle, PAOctober 3, 2018
good place to work, management was relaxed yet firm. They were willing to teach you what you needed to do your job as well as a little extra to excel.
Pros
catered lunches
Cons
limited ways for advancement
DB Schenker is a job
Warehouse Clerk/Logistics (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSSeptember 26, 2018
Too much drama, overworked under compensated, more demands weekly. Want you to cross train multiple positions so, you can say that's not in my job description. Sometimes last minute notice about overtime tonight until at zero on board screen 2nd shift only.
Pros
Job you are paid weekly
Cons
Everything in summary
No employee appreciation
2nd shift Truck Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Ontario, CASeptember 20, 2018
Pay is too low to work in a freezer, and work weekends. Management does not help with any ideas or actions to make this place better. There is no employee appreciation
Stressfull
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Hillsboro, ORSeptember 20, 2018
Working for a third party that works for Intel isn't a lot of fun. They have to do whatever Intel tells them to do so the company is reactive rather than proactive.
Good place to work but depends on the atmosphere of the associates hired in
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  St. Peters, MOSeptember 19, 2018
Schenker is a great palce to work prompte within with opportunities to travel if you are interested.
Management is respectful but sometimes does not hold associates accountable.
Pros
good retirement program
Cons
certain areas facilities are in can be tolerated
Was okay
Box Puller (Current Employee) –  3553 s colfaxSeptember 17, 2018
No AC available. You work hard to work harder. 30 minute lunch. work more by yourself then with others. are able to listen to music in some areas. not all.
Fun
Case picker forklift operator (Former Employee) –  Summit, NCSeptember 16, 2018
You pull all the you complete the order you put them on the dock they ask you to run anything about 1: 20 that is the ELS and you get bonuses for running the ElS and then bonus checks be beautiful real beautiful and it's a fun place it's a fast pace to work and now I just had to leave because I had got sick in 2016 had found out that I had cancer. But free of it now thanks to God.. I'm really blessed...
Good place to work but....
STAND UP REACH OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  Moreno Valley, CASeptember 14, 2018
When I worked there I was thru an agency and I was told to stay overtime then I got in trouble the next week they fired me without word. I got a call from my agency saying not to show up cuz I got terminated, I asked for what cause and even the agency said there was no reason. More or less it was cuz the company is gonna go union and I was koo with people that were going union.
Schenker Review
Part Mark Admin (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSSeptember 13, 2018
I would not recommend this job to anyone. There is a major lack of direction in this company from one month to the next. Management can be rude and misguided.
Pros
Easy to switch shifts
Cons
The work constantly fluctuates
Fast paced, lots of demands
Receiver/Shipper (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSSeptember 11, 2018
It was very busy most of the time. Sometimes we couldn't leave till numbers where met. Safety was a big issue out there. Turn around rate was very big. Culture was diverse.
Excellent place to work!
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 10, 2018
My day consisted of calling on established business customers to be ask them if their commercial air and ground shipping needs were being met. Always looking to increase the volume of business with them. I learned about the business of moving commercial freight by ground and air. Management was great and was incredibly supportive and regularly celebrated recognition of employees' successes. The culture was vibrant... fun as well as professional. Hardest part of the job was making certain that I surpassed my daily goals of number of calls and increased business sales. The best part of the job was the fantastic work culture. Great people having so much fun while surpassing all of our management's goals set for us.
Pros
The employees and management style.
Stressful environment
Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Wilmer, TXSeptember 10, 2018
Company changes management to much causing confusion of set goals and known rules of the company. More of a 'if you know someone' type of place. Employees are not treated fairly at this site as one can get away with someting the other cannot.
Pros
pays well
Fast pace.
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  Edwardsville, ILSeptember 4, 2018
I'm just trying to see what's out there in the Edwardsville area and maybe in the St.Charles County area,maybe for relocation. Don't know. All in all DB SCHENKER has and is a good place to work.
Pros
Bonuses every once in a while.
Cons
Communication.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at DB Schenker Logistics. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
1.7

1.6Personal Development

1.7Career Opportunities

1.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight