DB Schenker Logistics Employee Reviews

Not a great place
material handler (Current Employee) –  Hillsboro, ORJune 21, 2018
Upper management and HR manager make it very hard to focus on your actual job. If these were not there, it would be a better place to work. I have seen way too many good people leave due to these upper management staff.
Productive and fun work place.
Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Carlisle, PAJune 21, 2018
I liked working in dbschenker. Easy job. Clean warehouse. Excellent management. Diffrent cultures people all of diffrent persnalites. Its really fun working in dbschenker.
If you have experience in International Freight, don't waste your time
Coordinator FCL Ocean Export Sr (Contractor) (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 17, 2018
Its all about who you know. Had more experience than the whole department. The manager didn't know an AES.

If you are looking for a paycheck in the meantime, cool. If you have experience look for another company. They had to hire more than 35% of external candidate. There will not train you. They will say they will but they will not. Don't fall for it.
Pros
paycheck
Cons
will not add to established knowledge
3PL all over the world
Shipping Planner (Current Employee) –  Moreno Valley, CAJune 15, 2018
If your a hard worker you will promote fast and make extra money on top of your hourly rate for doing your job.

Plus they offer the usual benefits 401k, HSA, extra Giftcards
Pros
Many incentives for working, catered lunches on holidays
Cons
Employee's don't know how good they have it
If you need a check, rob a bank don’t work here
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Edwardsville, ILJune 15, 2018
Long hrs
Poor pay
Boring
No direction
Manager don’t know wht they are doing
Just busy work no real goals
You feel like your are at the first day of school lost and you been there 1yr plus
Pros
You get direct deposit
Cons
Long hrs low pay busy work
Hr management issues
Suspended/case picker (Current Employee) –  Moreno Valley, CAJune 13, 2018
Db schenker moreno valley has only one problem....
Hr management in charge of payroll...
This person is not at all qualified to do the job ... Intelligence is a must and 8 months later still haven't seen a trace of it existing in HR...
Perhaps it's buried underneath that chip she carries on her shoulder ... Power trip ... Intimidating good folk... One who enjoys making others kiss up ... Not to mention the damage she can cause them with only a flick of her wrist .... oh well :)
Good company for advancement but poor culture and inconsistent vision/purpose from executive management
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Inland Empire, CAJune 9, 2018
DB Schenker is a good company in regards to advancement opportunities primarily because they have a strong client base and large sites/accounts. There is opportunity to move up within the ranks for hard workers who are dedicated and willing to put in the long hours. Not the best working culture and little support from management in regards to work/life balance. Not very many company "perks" or benefits for employees as there is little focus on employee engagement or culture. High turn over in upper and executive management which leads to inconsistent vision/purpose long-term.
Pros
Large company with strong client base
Cons
Poor working culture
New mangement has continue to ruin the company
Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXJune 6, 2018
Old management was bad in not enforcing policies and offering training. There were no professionalism in the logistic of running a department. There were discriminations between work load and work schedule and favoritism. Manager and other employees showed up to socialize instead of working. There were also a lot of work politics and gossip.

New management is extremely worse. They are new folks who have no clue to how the branch functions therefore all the above has increase the stress and frustration working at this company 100x. New management lies to employees and focus solely on getting clients/sales. They've have cut overtime down and are enforcing an occurrence system to bullying employees in to quitting or getting fired.
Pros
AC if in the office
Cons
Discrimination and Managment
Choose Another Company
Ocean Export Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 5, 2018
My experience at DB Schenker was less than stellar. After working there for several years I can say with first hand knowledge they use outdated system programs for everyday tasks. What they won't tell you in the interview process that working overtime is an expectation of the job and not doing so is frowned upon. Many employee positions are required to work weekends as well without being informed in the new hire process. Training classes for learning new skills are not offered unless they are inquired about by the employee. Department Supervisors are only marginally competent to assist with employee work loads. There is little regard for work life/family life balance. There is a company wide habit of increasing the workload without providing the support for success. All in all my time there completely turned me off from the freight forwarding industry altogether. I would not recommne d this company to anyone, and I am sure there are better forwarders to work for.
I enjoyed working for this company
Ocean Import Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Romulus, MIJune 4, 2018
I enjoyed working for this company very much. They trained me very welI and helped me learn very much about the industry. When I started with the company I had no experience; Schenker gave me the tools I needed to further my career. I thank Schenker for my start.
Pros
Trainging courses were always available
Cons
Competive wages need to be looked at
Fast paced
Reach Truck Operator (Former Employee) –  Shippensburg, PAMay 30, 2018
I would get a reach truck and use my RF Scanner, after that I would go onto the receiving dock to get finished pallets to put into the holding ares in the racking until they were needed.
Clueless in West Jefferson
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  West Jefferson, OHMay 28, 2018
Senior Management has no idea what they are doing. They are completely inept. Management meetings are generally expletive filled, unconstructive and pointless. Management has no idea how to treat the hourly workers. They have no regard for them at all. The turnover rate is insane there. The lift drivers are in a state of perpetual mandatory OT. It is an AWFUL place to work and there are much better options available. Avoid DB Schenker at all costs!!!
Great team approach
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  West Jefferson, OHMay 23, 2018
Worked 36 hours one week, 48 hours the next. Paid overtime on the 48 hour week. Paid training and orientation. Compiled mixed product pallets for shipment to retail stores. Collaborative approach to working.
Pros
Provided refrigeration for lunch; discounted food and drink available on site.
Cons
Not being permitted to return to work after medical problem
A Great Company to Work For
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Moreno Valley, CAMay 22, 2018
They give their employees many Raises. Also treat them with respect. The Company gives weekly lunch ins. DB Schenker works well with the temp agencies, when they do decide to used them.
Pros
A Great Company to Work for
Cons
There are none
Fast paced
Warehouse Supervisor I (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALMay 22, 2018
The general manager is a great person to work for. Corporate tends to not listen or involve themselves, but makes demands as they know what is going on.
We have free lunches
Case Picker (Current Employee) –  Shippensburg, PAMay 17, 2018
It’s a good work place, we have lsm bonuses we can earn and also lunches we can earn as a team. All
And all the site is decent place to work but needs some improvement.
Pros
We’re aloud to switch
Cons
Short breaks, short lunches, the turn over rate is insane
Overall enjoyable work, environment, and benefits. Limited advancement opportunities.
Senior Capacity Controller (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 16, 2018
Enjoyed the environment and the work that I performed, it was challenging and rewarding. Great team members and direct management was supportive. Appreciated tuition reimbursement program that enabled me to obtain my degree.
Pros
Supportive team, decent benefits
Cons
Limited advancement potential
Good team of dedicated people to work with.
Safety Manager (Former Employee) –  Edwardsville, IL and Saint Peters, MOMay 16, 2018
Good team of Schenker people in the mid-management level though understaffed from the onset combined with an excessively demanding customer with ever-changing priorities, made it extremely difficult to meet expectations. Worked for 3 different General Managers in 15 months and had oversight responsibilities spanning up to 7 different departments at any given time.
Pros
good people, good pay and benefits, clean facilities
Cons
high stress, understaffed Operations and Support management
Very boring place to work.
DOT Driver (Current Employee) –  Chandler, AZMay 14, 2018
Management very poor. Make all kinds of rules to follow. No accountability if someone did not follow the rules. Management said one thing and did another.
Pros
Worked four days one week and three days the following week.
Cons
One hour unpaid lunch breaks. If you are a driver that's you got in a twelve hour day.
I did not enjoy working at DB Schenker
BCT Air Export Agent (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAMay 11, 2018
The people I worked with were mixed good and bad. Some were fun loving but the majority of people that worked there would talk down to others, belittle them, and management didn't care. Their computer systems were so slow and terrible that it was miserable working there. Long hours, lots of stress.
Pros
Experience in Logistics
Cons
The people and the old computer systems.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at DB Schenker Logistics. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
1.7

1.6Personal Development

1.6Career Opportunities

1.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight