DB Schenker Logistics

• Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager

Need Qualified Managers

I wish the company would get rid of the people who make the work environment chaotic. A lot of people left due to toxic people in the workplace. They also need qualified supervisors and managers

Would not recommend.

I would not recommend this employer. Employees are consistently underpaid, and local leadership is all but non-existent. Annual turnover rate of hourly staff is roughly 60%.

It's a great company but the people..

I work for the College Park location and there are multiple issues with managerial peers and failing to follow basic rules of professionalism. DB Schenker is overall the dream company but the work culture is beyond overwhelming. Managers/Supervisors do whatever they please and treat their employees however they please. Don't bother telling HR because they'll only out you to your managers who in turn will make it very intense and uncomfortable for you at work. Me as well as other employees have all experienced an abuse of power from our supervisors and/or managers in one way or another. I am grateful for the knowledge I gained from the company but believe me, the workers aren't what they're cracked up to be and that's a big deal to me. Work Life balance is not respected, almost frowned upon if you go home on time or refuse to do work that's way outside of your job description...... Good luck.

Poor work life balance

Poor Management. Very stressful work environment. Worse place to work due to the micro management and strict work environment. Very high turnover rate.

Horrible place to work

Stay away. Racism is promoted. They act as if they care and its just that, an act. Keep adding responsibilities with no pay. Always short handed. Atlanta manager is a yes man or do boy. Never supports his people. Does whatever it takes to make himself look good and stay in good Grace's of upper management. No backbone.

Pros

Cons

They will work you to death and thrm throw you away.

Your experience matters.

Help out others considering your employer. Rate your employer.

Horrible Management and they know it

Human Resources and management is not there for the employees. They are there to protect one another . They overwork you and there is no home life balance. The pay is horrendous for the amount of work they are expecting.

Benefits

Constant Change in Senior Management

There has been a revolving door of senior management at the country, regional and global levels resulting in a great deal of turnover in the next levels of management and changes in strategic direction. The work is interesting due to the breadth of the customer base and the solutions offered.

Pros

Working with global teams

Cons

Management inconsistency

Super relaxed

I'm not sure about other people who work at DB Schenker, but I have nothing but good things to say about this company. 15 min grace period. 1 hr lunch and 2, 15 min breaks. Super laid back environment. No micro managing. The hardest part of the day is in the mornings when the rush comes in.

Pros

401k, benefits, laid back environment

Cons

Sometimes long hours

Advancement denied

In the general receiving warehouse they choose who to advance based on personal relationships instead of actual qualifications. The day to day is generally very fast paced. Going between receiving incoming loads and picking outbound orders, it is well balanced between forklift and physical labor.

If you have experience in International Freight, don't waste your time

Its all about who you know. Had more experience than the whole department. The manager didn't know an AES. If you are looking for a paycheck in the meantime, cool. If you have experience look for another company. They had to hire more than 35% of external candidate. There will not train you. They will say they will but they will not. Don't fall for it.

Pros

paycheck

Cons

will not add to established knowledge

Jobs at DB Schenker Logistics

in Atlanta, GA
See more jobs

Looking after friends

I was laid off from this company after 8 months, with not much of a warning. I was laid off because friends were kept on payroll and not by senior members.

Pros

Good wages

Cons

good ole boy company

Managed 4 large Technology Clients and dotted Ops in Ireland and China.

A very good place to work. Took about 6 months to shore up my team but once in place all Financial and KPI goals were met. Extensive Travel through out USA, Asia and Europe

Good place to work.

I learned a lot about the Contract Logistics Business, I made a lot of friends during my career that helped me become successful in my role. A typical day inside the facilities were very active and supportive. The most enjoyable part of the job was the team work.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at DB Schenker Logistics. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Ratings from women

2.3
InHerSight Score
1.6Personal Development
3.3Career Opportunities
2.2Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight