DB Schenker Logistics

• Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager

Good work environment.

Fair place to work and good environment, but lots and lots of overtime to the tune of about 8 full months per year. In one year, I qualified on seven different work stations and worked in two different areas - 1) Test and Repair and and 2) Engineering Functional Failure Analysis.

Pros

Training is great. Good supervisors/management that keeps you informed.

Cons

Immense amount of overtime.

Avoid

Management was a joke. I got pointed for showing up when I was told even though I had texts and emails to show my case. Completely unprofessional and rude individuals. No direction or management guidance. Just stay away. Couldn't park anywhere had to ride the bus from a lot at a church. Only the bus driver was kind enough to let me know they wouldn't drop me back off at my car after work. So I was supposed to walk across ridiculously busy roads to get to it in the dark with nothing other than my camera flash for a phone?!? The job was repetitive and they didn't care about anything other than numbers. No instructions were given when help was needed it was nowhere to be found. I can't read Arabic, or French etc to know how to change it to English. But somehow it's my fault for holding the line up when there is no trainer or lead to help me. Only to be told by everyone else if u can't read it then just say it's fine to make numbers.

Pros

Gave a break

Cons

Everything esp mgmt

Don't waste you time here.

This place, they have favorites, they like to keep moving you around to learn everything so they can use you where they need you but the pay sucks. It's the lowest pay for a warehouse that I've ever been to. The job itself is easy, but it's mind-numbingly easy. You will end up falling asleep. They make you go through these very tight metal detectors that are set tighter than airport security. They treat you like a criminal 8 times a day going through these things.

Pros

easy work, 2 10 minute breaks and a 30 minute lunch which is good

Cons

treat you like a criminal, pay, management

Great Company, but low pay

It's a great company to work for, but they have very low pay for working in a warehouse. I have never worked in a warehouse where you make about as much as a Walmart employee.

Pros

Nice job, great security, good management

Cons

Low pay

Horrible place to work. Lots of gossip and discrimination.

Nepotism. The mother, daughter, husbands , wives, children, stepchildren etc, all work same shift.They will sabotage your work. Those foreign men have no respect for women. VERY TOXIC ENVIRONMENT!

Pros

Sit while working

Cons

Very stressful atmosphere

Would you recommend working at your company?

Help people considering your employer make a good choice.

Terrible

Management lookout for themselves only and at a meeting huddle I over heard the corporate manager saying he don't care how tired these people are we will replace them!

Pros

You get a paycheck

Cons

Too much mandatory overtime overworked and terrible mgmt

Overall, this is not the best company to work for

They do not give enough training to people. If the supervisors and team leads don’t like you, you will not succeed. The use of an attendance point system is unfair, especially for people with chronic.issues

The work is easy but the goals and people are difficult

In my first week, I liked it but later on I hated it there. I was thinking this might be a good place to work because it’s really diverse but I quickly learned that they discriminate heavily in there. Some of the leads are rude and no help. And majority of the women were very vindictive and bullies. Now for the work it’s easy but management found a way to make meet goals difficult for everyone with jda.

Don't waste your time

No diversity, disrespectful staff and management. The company DOES NOT care about the employees. Will get rid of you without a second thought. They also refuse to work with you, and will not try to accommodate anyone for their disability or life complications.

They don't care about their employees

The management is terrible. They lie to you and never try to help you. The Hr department does have a couple decent people in it. The job is easy if you can deal with management. It's not a place to work if you are a team player, they run it like you nobody the supervisors yell at you and talk down to you like you are a 3 year old. And they have some of the laziest management I have ever seen. Their employees do not matter

Pros

Easy job

Cons

Management, not enough money, and no respect for the employees

No. Just no.

You are not a person here. You are another cog in the machine and the moment you do anything remotely wrong you are dumped and another person is put in your chair to take your place.

great management and friendly employers

great management,team lead, hrs and friendly employers. everybody help eachother. job is not hard. very easy. but to sit 8hours it can make uncomfortable other than is great!

A mess.

Schenker was a mess. One of the managers was a jerk, and my coworkers were creeps and gossips. It paid well and the task was generally easy, but the people were SO hard to deal with and I became pretty negative. The point system sucks but it was a blessing in disguise when I was finally "laid off". Also, I REALLY don't suggest Shipping. Try Test and Repair if you must.

Terrible work place

I would reccomend applying else where they will screw you over with your pay check and not pay you thinking you'll work for free. I should also mention management is very poor and will give you snarky comments with an attitude

Cons

Only get one paycheck, poor mangment

Changes often

They change RULES of the job daily or weekly. Shoes you can or cant wear. Clothes. Hours of start and finish. Management is a joke. All they do all day is gossip about the employees.

Pros

pay was good enough

Cons

Management is/was a joke.

Poor management

It takes forever to get the accesses needed for computer programs. Lack of communication everywhere. Poor management. It took months to get a bathroom sink fixed.

Meh

Bad management. Very hard to advance in the company. Overtime is a killer. The work itself is very easy though so if you keep to yourself and don't mind dealing with the bad stuff then I would recommend it.

Pros

Easy work

Cons

Alot of overtime.

Poor Management

They speak to you with an attitude and treat you like you are nothing to them. They use the power of there position to intimidate you. I do NOT recommend working at DB Schenker in Carlisle Pennsylvania!

Productive safe work environment

You’re always busy never will not have anything to do people are nice and friendly and diverse many different culture religions and Ethnicity great people management will work you on just about anything as long as you let them know ahead of time so it not by surprise

Pros

You can bring you own lunch or order food

Cons

15 minutes break turn into 10 minute break because of going through Security

Not the greatest!

The people are amazing, and the hours aren't too horrible but management isn't honest with you from the start. They make promises to employees that they do not keep, and the hire on through the company was a very long wait. The job is easy and the pay is great, but there is no free time left over from the hours. 6 days a week, 8-9 hours a day. It starts to take a toll on you.

Positive atmosphere

Busy, productive days. Management is excellent and supportive of their team Culture could be more positive Like the most - Dealing with a diverse work environment

Pros

Excellent management team

Cons

Acknowledgments