DB Schenker Logistics

• Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager

Extremely busy

Lots of favoritism between employees. Very biased toward certain ppl and hard to talk to employees due to language barrier. Hard to communicate due to favoritism. Then the pandemic came and I had to leave. But the hours and task don’t amount to the pay I was offered

Stressful

There are no set schedules, sometimes overtime is mandatory until further notice, very unorganized, zero accountability, forget about getting your 40 hours if you don't load or unload trucks. Inventory counts are always off so you always have errors on picks. Management doesn't inform you of any new changes until the day before or the day of. They can also come up to your car on your lunch break and tell you you're staying an hour of overtime the same day. I worked here for 2 years and it gradually got worse and worse.

Pros

Cons

Expensive health care and no set schedules

Positive workplace for those who want it to be

DB schenker is a decent place to work. Like everywhere it has its issues as far as associate/management relations go but I think the workplace is as fair as you can get. There is room for improvement when it comes to employee appreciation but in time I think that will get better as well.

Pros

Set schedules, pto

Cons

Health care plans expensive

Fun

I like the job fun people funny people good place to work some mangers are a little stiff but I loved my job and wish I had opportunity to go back I definitely would

bad management

Favoritism by management. changes of schedule to work more days during the covid out break caused a lot of people to leave because they had no masks or cleaning supplies and were always late when government mandated changes. hiring new people with higher pay. working 6-7 days a week and barely getting over 40 hours is trending.

Pros

nothing

Cons

everything

Share your experience

Let job seekers know what it's like to work at your company.

co-workers are helpful and easy to get along with

The management don't have a clue what they are doing and show favoritism among the workers. Do not work for this company especially for the warehouse located in haslet, tx. You have been warned!!!!!

Pros

co-workers

Cons

management, pay, hours and favoritism

The work load is not consistent

Every summer the work load drops. It's Mandatory that employees go home early. As a result you don't get 40 hours that week. Meanwhile there are weeks that we have to work 6 days straight due to the work load

Not a good organization

No communication and a big disconnect between shifts, managers and supervisors I would not recommend working for this company unless you start running out of options. The GM and most supervisors run this company in comparison to a slave ship. No teamwork, respect or communication on a adult level between supervisors and LTO’s.

It was productive

This company have long work hours No room for growth within the company Not allowed to use my skills to the best of my knowledgeThe most enjoyable part were the co workers

It’s a ok job

About DB Shenker they schedule was all messed up and they hours was all messed up then we had paid lunch until they took it off and they production was crazy

It's a job!

When it's slow at work they will keep the same people and send the rest home, even though you can do the same job as the ones that get the opportunity to work. Favoritism is a big deal at this company. But when the work loads pick up. The over time is available and you will feel it too.

Run

The management doesn’t help when needed. They constantly harass you about making your WTO positive. The MOTC don’t help with it as they constantly change the task that you are on

Good job to start at if your young

It’s a ok job if your 19-27 a good start job off job out of high school to get in A good work habit and having to get up early in the morning but overall not to bad

Pros

You work buy your self

Cons

Got be there at 5 am

Good coworkers.

Very busy. Stocking product to lines. Providing boxes for shipment. Cleaning and maintaining proper pick isles. Organizing work areas. Removing bad products.

Pros

Hours.

Cons

Not enough pay for the job requirements.

Great Opportunity

Working here has been a blessing. The coworkers are mature and blessed as well. Since hired I have not had any encounters with any bad attitudes or habits that would usually make a job miserable. I appreciate the great attitudes from employees and management so far.

Nothing but unprofessional management

It just isn’t a good place to work they aren’t professional in any kind of way I hope this place changes soon I hope everyone speaks up hopefully and just turns the place around it’s going to take a miracle

Pros

Non

Cons

Non

Overworked

No family time at all. Supervisors spend more time on YouTube, than out on the floor. While the office gets holidays off, you have to work all of them without holiday pay.

Pros

Cons

Lots and lots of issues.

Productive and good company to work for with lunch time paid

Volume of work not stable, Need a close control and good schedule of employees to get the job done, lack of objectivity in decision making, Good company to work for.

Pros

Paid lunch time

Cons

Unpredictable work schedules

Not fun or motivating. No job security

Only got training for 2 days then put out on warehouse floor alone to figure things out. Never got full training in replenishing had to get with a veteran employee and they showed me the ropes and shortcuts. Every preshift meeting never good news always negative and job security always threaten.

Pros

Nice and helpful coworkers

Cons

No air circulation, pest problem, over working, short notices of overtime, days off often took away

Fast paced with plenty to learn, if you want a job that's going to keep you busy then this is the place. Management was always willing to help when needed.

A struggle daily to just get the work done.

This company has potential to get a lot better, but gets in its own way when it comes to change. It needs to be realistic and transparent when working with their employees. Some personnel want change but to culture is not ready for change and management needs to help foster that need. Corporate needs to start looking closely at what happens at site levels and not just talk what should be happening, but enforce it.

Pros

Management work hours

Cons

Bad culture / Personnel don't want to help others

Ask a question about working or interviewing at DB Schenker Logistics. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Ratings from women

2.3
InHerSight Score
1.6Personal Development
3.3Career Opportunities
2.2Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight