DB Schenker Logistics

• Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager

Sink or swim?

Some friendly people. Some difficult people. Overall the company culture is pleasant, but underdeveloped. For a global company this particular location in Houston is far behind! Not just in processes, but in warehouse layout and software. I was shocked to find how unorganized, underdeveloped, and outdated the Houston location is. Then you’re encouraged by management to ‘make things better’ but nothing changes - the same problems and suggested solutions are just repeated over and over again with no change. I think all employees have just given up and come to collect a paycheck and that’s it.

Pros

Good pay and affordable benefits

Cons

Outdated, under-skilled people, lack of growth, cubicles make daily life isolating

This particular location has some of the worst leadership people on earth. Toxic!

Clean house from these leadership folks in Houston who know nothing about inspiring or motivating their associates - more like constant bullying and intimidation

Pros

Maybe the people I worked with (but I feel sorry for what they have to endure)

Cons

Mostly people in charge, they lack any people skills needed to create a culture one would enjoy working in

Don’t be fooled

● Work-life balanceNot good● Pay & benefitsBenefits are the only positive thing worth working for● Job security and advancementUnstable. Job security threatened everyday● ManagementThis could be an awesome job. The operations manager, supervisors, and leads are not qualified to lead a group of any size. No people skills, no accountability, and issues get mentioned to them, and then the issues are ignored. All down the chain of command.● CultureDB Schenker in itself is an amazing company.It has placed the wrong people in their building on Okanella, in Houston.● OverallFavoritism and nepotism are key factors here, that’s all in part to the below average management chain.From daily threats in the morning meetings, to their hush-hush practices on Covid cases in sister warehouses. If they like you and you run in their circle, come in late if needed, they’ll fix your time to reflect shift start time. Horrible, horrible operations manager, supervisors and shift leads......... good luck!

Decent pay, bad management

Schenker isn’t the worst place I’ve ever worked for, but definitely not the best. Pay is good compared to other warehouses (when hired on) but management is below average.

Multinationals company and has a lot of companies and facilities all over the work

Good company to work ,learn and grow and lots of cross training during down time and jib stability if abide by the company policies and stay within the company SOP you can grow and become whatever you want to achieve in life

Would you rate your company five stars?

Rate your employer to help people make better career decisions.

If you want to advance and grow not the place for you

No place for advancement unless you become friends with upper mgmt. Managers don't want to do anything but run reports and send out nasty grams. If you report to HR they get rid of you.

Cons

You get overloaded with work and no help or guidance from managers

Job is stressful and not worth it

This job is only for people that want to be stressed 24/7 and work every day for the rest of your life..you never have days off unless you call in or act like your are sick. Management is nothing but politics and hire they’re own family and always ensure they are never fired..Be sure to watch for about 99% of the back stabbers in the facility including the General Manager who is a back stabber himself

DB Schenker was a great place to work.

I enjoyed my job at Schenker and the management and co workers were great to work with. There was a lot of room for potential growth and advancement with them.

Horrible

Horrible no guidance at all Management does nothing and don’t know nothing horrible place to work no breaks on a 10 hour shift I would never suggest this company to work for .you don’t have a life

Pros

Cons

Horrible

Db

I started as a picker an work my way up to a the Dock in less that two week before leaving my temp position i was Electronically processed transactions via WMS systems and staged for parcel pick-up at DB being a processes was the highest paid position in the warehouse

Pros

Helpful, Caring, Motivating, and Strong Worker

Cons

Productive but very fast paced

Aside from exposure to the climate. The open warehouse is very fast paced and a little bit more organized. The bigger facility holds more however incentives are not provided.

Pros

Weekly pay temps

Cons

No health care until hired on

Good company with opportunities

I would work for DB Schenker again. They are very good people to work with. Global company with offices all over the world in ocean, air, warehousing, trucking, logistics services offered.

Its just not a good company too work for because of mangment they dont give too care about there temps

Db is not a good place to work they over work people an don't care about the temps all they care about are they employer's an if you are though a temp service am get someone hired in they base that person off of you my 90 days had been over an they still fire me becauae I had got a person a job there an I did get raised every quarter so i2 did not see the point of them firing me because I was a good worker an they talk about all of they employer's its just bad an I really did like working there the pay is real good but they don't go about situation like they should its all about they in employers say too them too get a other person out the door an they employer's dont like too see temps move up in there an the supervisor did not do such a good job

loved the title

just had great people you work with. especially the management team. theo and kim was impeccable. both job titles held from both individuals are HR. really loved working for this company

done

the company is good. A little challenging for promotion but I feel if I would have requested my interest to promote to the right people it would been more probable.

A lot of heavy lifting and constanst movement

This job is great for people that like fast paced environment and don't mind metal detectors in the front. Doesn't allow phones on the floor. Must be left in the car or in the front. Must lift up go 70 lbs. Says team lift but most people are busy.

Good place to learn

I feel like this is a great place to learn. You can grow within the company but the raises are small and you cannot advance very far. it teaches you alot of skills.

Learning Experience

Working at DB Schenker was not how I anticipated due to the micromanaging supervisors, favoritism of supervisors, and lack of leadership in the management team. My work day consisted of basic cleaning, routine forklift checkouts, dusting, and reorganizing of racks. DB Schenker has a slogan or saying, "our associates are our greatest assets". I noticed that they did not embody their slogan. The management team needs to do some personal development within themselves that require leadership projection. The reason why I say this is because one of the managers that work there has been the reason for the termination of 8+ employees over the course of 1 year. This supervisor is still currently employed. They were more concerned about politics as supervisors then their employees. The hours would vary day by day due to how many orders they had in the system and if they did not have enough orders they will start sending their employees home for the day. If you are looking for a stable 40 hour work week then this is not the place for you. Also, there was a lot of gossip with management and the workers. I could not believe how many employees that were working there that would gossip. It was uncomfortable, stressful, and unprofessional. My job there was simple, easy, and worth the pay, but DB Schenker in my personal opinion is not a professional establishment to work.

Pros

Personal pay

Cons

No benefits, micromanagement, slow-paced, double-standards, favoritism

stressful

strict rules they will write you up for anything family cant call for emergency.no space for parking and management never rewards team or build team character its a revolving door.

Bad rate of jobs

We ship and receive goods, offload and load truck, scan with c2c and gxd scanner to every location, we do inventory every last week of the months, check every good into computer system,

Consistent and steady growth

A dependable industry leader. Company will continue to grow and there is a sense of caring for its employees that makes working there an enjoyable experience.

Pros

free lunches were common

Cons

pay increases were small but regular

Ask a question about working or interviewing at DB Schenker Logistics. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Ratings from women

2.3
InHerSight Score
1.6Personal Development
3.3Career Opportunities
2.2Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight

Compare DB Schenker Logistics with

Learn about DB Schenker Logistics in Houston, TX

• DB Schenker Logistics
  • Houston, TX
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?