DB Schenker Logistics

Areas for improvement
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager

It used to be a great place to work.

A new GM came in a year ago and said he wanted to create a new work culture, and boy did he. LMS has been cut so close, very few are making what was made 3-4 years ago. Safety took a back seat to productivity for the longest time. Too many incidents, no repercussions, no additional training, no stand-downs for mhe to mhe. It used to be a great place to work but not anymore, they expect everything from their employees but give nothing in return, unless you miss a lot of time, then the start to reduce the points you’ve accrued if you can maintain perfect attendance for a month. The internet isn’t working properly and hasn’t been for about a year now, it can shut you down for 5-10 minutes right in the middle of loading or unloading a truck. That’s about it in a nutshell.

Pros

Occasional catered lunch.

Cons

They’ve taken away almost all incentives as far as attendance goes, for the most part.

I loved it when it was DBS

The worst time working here was when P&G took over and everything changed. Over all was a great company to work for. Very easy to move up in this company. Management was totally awesome! Over time stinks with the mandating.

Pros

Easy to move up

Cons

over time

Good money, good people

I've enjoyed my time with Schenker, the money is good, my Supervisors have always been good to me, and I like the folks I work with (for the most part, there's always a couple bad apples wherever you go). As far as warehousing goes it's a good place to be.

Pros

Meals & Feeds, events, good extra money with the bonus's and incentives they do.

Cons

Overtime has been a bit much with COVID, but it's better now.

Revolving door with supervisors and leads who don't care about employees at all.

They will fire people who didn't deserve it and keep those who should be fired, they will fire you even when they have NO PROOF. They're only there to get a paycheck nothing less nothing more. They let certain people break the rules but not others and they themselves break rules. They aren't understanding or flexible with employees personal needs and issues I could go on and on but I think you get the point.

Pros

Nice employees

Cons

Bad supervisors/leads

Fast paced and easy

Sit down position that is very fast paced. The job is easy. Management is alright. Db Schenker in Shippensburg is being taken over by P&G for most of the building. Db will only have a few employeea.

Pros

Pay, Ot, Incentives

Cons

Short breaks, healthcare, Lms

Pay is good, management is okay

The pay is great if you need to put money back or save for something, my particular supervisors were wonderful but the people that you work with are horrible and ignorant and think it’s a contest and for me, personally, they should completely get rid of production numbers, too many bullies with a careless attitude

Pros

Pay

Cons

Work too much

Don't Work Here!!!

Don't work here you will regret it. I was there for six months but only because of the high pay for the area. I wasn't trained right on a particular thing... And asked about it because it wasn't clear - I was told well, we don't have the staff to always train people right so it's up to you. The first shift managers literally hated me and gossiped about me behind my back. I overheard it one time and it's brutal. I ignored it and kept working. But it didn't stop. Finally I just quit- even though my performance was good. An employee can't work in a severely bad work environment and expect to flourish. HORRIBLE management. The people that work there are HORRIBLE. VERY BAD work environment. They treat people like absolute dog poo. And they don't care what happens to you. I could go on forever about it.

Pros

Pay

Cons

Everything. Bad work environment. Bad management. No cohesive team work. Gossip.

Poor management

Enormous lack of communication. Upper management lacks knowledge and understanding of actual needs to do the job safely, effectively, and efficiently, or just doesn't care to understand. They receive most of their information via numbers on a computer screen, while sitting in an office, or at home. Those numbers do not always reflect the reality of the circumstances within the workplace, often times creating unreasonable expectations. There is no consistency in procedures, or the administration of policies. Pay for associates is reasonable, but not great. Overtime is not only available, but very often mandatory, making life work balance poor. Pay for supervisors is not commiserate with work load, which contributes to the perpetual under staffing of supervisors. Team Leads can make more than supervisors, thus some of the best candidates to advance have no motivation to do so. Accepting a supervisor position at schenker is a risky proposition. Upper management fails to support and stand behind their supervisors in most instances, and standing BESIDE their supervisors is just nonexistent. I CANNOT recommend db schenker as a good employer.

Can makes a lot of money but are just a number

Plenty of hours available but management seems to have different answers and rules for each shift, always a constantly battle between night shift and dayshift for blame.

Excellent and supportive supervisors on my shift.

My direct supervisors were extremely supportive and encouraging. They helped me greatly with my goals. The rotating 12 hour schedules plus mandatory overtime, also 12 hours, proved to be too much. It is virtually impossible to have a normal schedule outside of work.Another issue is the attendance point system. You are pointed even if you have a legitimate emergency like a hospitalization even if you obtain a doctor note. The note will keep you from accruing additional points but you still receive a point for the initial absence. This can be too much if you have kids or less than perfect health.

Pros

Pay, supervisors

Cons

12 hour rotating shifts, mandated overtime, attendence point system

If you have nothing else okay

I worked this and at another Schenker for over 5 years and it is literally the worst company I've ever seen. The only thing decent is the pay. Otherwise expect constant overtime and management and HR that don't listen to you or resolve issues.

Pros

Pay is decent

Cons

Poor management

The best thing was the paper products

Company would rather discipline than train; would rather terminate than coach; would rather ignore certain issues than deal with them; would rather hire more than invest in the current assocs

Pros

Associates have access to the best toilet paper, paper towels, and tissues.

Cons

Work Life / Balance; Compensation; Recognition; Upper Management

The incentive pay they have on top of your regular hourly pay

Great place to work if you know your way around a counter balance forklift because the l.m.s. program they have is great .love having days off through out the work week to be able to handle personal issues with businesses that are only open during week days

Awful company - Like working in a jail

Horrible compensation no team poor training. High turnover rates cause for no real structure. They lie to you to get you in the door. They don't care about their employees. You HAVE to get a body search before going in and can only have clear bottles with water only, outdoor sitting is gated and feels like a jail 12 hours a day.

Nothing but lies

They lie to you to get you in the door then they tell you your job is changing and you need to work 6 twelve hour days a week. Nothing but lies and nobody knows what is going on half the time.

Pros

Cons

Everything just find another job somewhere else.

DB Shenker

DB Shenker considers its employees disposable products. They on average hire and fire 1k employees every year. Overtime is mandatory for most employees working often 6-7 days a week.

Db

Good job to work at. I have learned a lot working at db schenker. Has a forklift operator, and other equipment. Best experience ever. I recommend to job to anyone.

Amazing Staff and Great Pay

Everyone there is friendly as long as you stay on task. LMS isn't as hard to hit as people make it out to be, I could consistently hit 130% in case pick and 150% or more in layer pick. Night shift case pick is peaceful and the staff is all wonderful to work with. Happy working there. May be difficult on you physically, but nothing some Tiger Balm can't fix.

Great company

Never had experience in warehouse when I started in 2015 but I absolutely loved it and the people are great to work with. Would recommend to anyone looking for employment.

Great company

Without a doubt the best job I have ever had would not want to work anywhere else safe place to work with good pay and benefits management is awesome company is expanding

Good

This job has a great opportunity to start a new experiences, cause they train you for all you have to do, Supervisors are great in picking area, the only bad about this job is a rotation schedule, you have nopersonal life personal

Ask a question about working or interviewing at DB Schenker Logistics. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Ratings from women

2.3
InHerSight Score
1.6Personal Development
3.3Career Opportunities
2.2Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight