DB Schenker Logistics

Areas for improvement
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager

It used to be awesome. Now it's just meh.

When I first started in 2018, it was a fun place to work, and very laid back. The weekend shift in particular was awesome. We had a good crew, and the weekend manager was a great boss to work for.However, in 2020 they moved into a new facility and everything changed. The weekend shift was mostly done away with. One of the most fun job positions: "Put-away", was mostly eliminated and replaced with automated machines, aka "DMS". The management became more uptight, as well.It's hard to put into words, but basically the whole vibe of the place changed for the worse.It's still not a horrible job, but it's not great either.

Pros

It's fairly laid back for non-DMS employees. Bosses aren't constantly breathing down your neck

Cons

Low pay, Must wear headache-inducing safety glasses at all times, The jab will soon be mandatory

Hard work, Incompetent management, Low pay, No raises

The management is very poor and the communication from the top management is terrible. Raises are almost non-existent. Workloads increase all the time, but compensation stays the same.

Pros

Major Holidays off

Cons

Most managers are incompetent

Fun easy job

It is fun place to work people are respectful and management helps you when you need help the job was explained thoroughly and tasks for the day as well

Pros

Fun place to work

Cons

Was a little boring when rained outside because you couldn't get kit boxes

2nd Shift NWH Very Productive

The job was demanding, very physical still not a problem. Coworkers were great shift Supvr was great. Mgmt had a bunch of shenanigans w/2 shift NWH!!

Pros

Cowkrs, 2nd Shift Supvr SB@NWH

Cons

Low pay, Management

Not worried about Employee’s

They don’t take care of their own employees you practically have to get them to make sure you have the job you’re hired to do, It takes getting hurt before they get to the right job.

Family atmosphere

Employees were like family. Management looked after their team. I learned a lot here and moved up quickly. Raises weren't given annually, but I'd return if given the opportunity.

Pros

Over time opportunities

Cons

Lay offs highly likely

good advancement if you do your job

it was very easy, management was always there to answer a question and they let you leave when needed to for emergencies. you never had to push yourself to do your job.

Very good management but poor hours/pay

DB.Schenker is an decent company to start out in and it gives you a lot of experience in a short period of time. They also give you plenty of opportunity to move up the ranks. but the down side is the pay, you work really hard to move up but the pay doesn’t reflect your worth or the hard work you put in.

Pros

The experience

Cons

Pay

Good people bad Communication

I liked the people I worked with except for 1 lol I guess we get bad apples sometimes. I wish supervisors would communicate more so I know where I stand, they really didn’t know what was going on with certain employees.

Pros

People

Cons

Bad supervisor

Low pay

Low pay for maximum effort and efficiency.the regular employees are great very helpful to the new hires go out of there way to help. The leads are very unhelpful and competitive and rude take no time to train of even try to it’s a learn as u go experience .

Pros

Experience learned some

Cons

Low pay

Lack of trust in management

The people in the management positions are inexperienced at their positions. There is a lot of favoritism shown toward their friends when hiring the leads and managers. They seldom support the employees when a complaint is brought to their attention, saying that they will look into the issue, but ignores it otherwise.

Easy Job

Good easy job. I am happy to be at work. Decent pay for how easy it is. Good management. Recognize good employees. The other employees are also happy to be at work.

The work environment is horrible, they allow people to work there who bully and intimidate other employees and do absolutely nothing when reported

They allow bullies to work in their company. It doesn't matter how many times someone's been turned in for being hateful being a bully intimidating other employees there is no recourse they just don't care about their employees. Nobody cares how good a job you do you never get told you've done a good job other people who don't do any work get paid the same as you do

Productive and very useful job place

I feel very happy to work here & satisfy with job type, job hour, culture & organisation pattern. I learn something more in my life. They provide lunch frequently .

It's a job.

The work is simple to learn. Morale is always low and higher management focuses too much on the negative and spends too much time trying to find things that people are doing wrong.Too much micromanagement. A few of the Supervisors are pretty cool but some leave you to question how they were promoted to that position, they couldn't lead a thirsty horse to water. Most of them spend all day on their computers answering emails and are very rarely seen on the floor. The work is feast or famine, busy for two days then leaving you to wonder the rest of the week if they'll have enough work the rest of the week for you to get your 40 hours. Safety Standards are so tight that people are afraid to work and productivity is compromised.

Pros

Easy work

Cons

Micro-managing, poor Training

I hate it

This job suck and they are rude. It would be a better job if the management would pay more attention instead of looking at the cameras 24/7. I’m so glad that I left from there

Easy Money but you can't trust the company

One of the most basic positions is to open boxes, scan the parts into the system and then prep them so they are ready to be put away. The challenging part is management there. They are out to get you. One supervisor there repeatedly shows up to work drunk and does nothing but sit on a chair watching the blank computer screen or goes to go nap in there car. Another supervisor will repeatedly criticize you for not doing work even if either A. she is not doing work either( which honestly is most of the supervisors) or B. you did all the work that was assigned to you and there is literally no work to be done, so you end up grabbing a broom and sweeping the same spot for three hours because the supervisors are too stubborn to send you home. Another big problem is the HR department which lets there supervisors get away with everything, including cutting peoples hours and not accepting employees vacation days and telling them at the last minute that they were not paid for their days off even though they were supposed to be and they ended up getting fired this happened to a friend of mine who had two kids and was a very hard worker who neede the money to support her kids. Also, this company laid off all there temps over a phone call, what's a little suspicious is that most of those temps were going to be full-on hires in a week or so. They are also laying off fully hired employees so if you do decide to work for DB. Schenker that your choice all I can do is to give you the warning I never had.

Great work Atmosphere

Workplace culture is excellent. We realize that we are a team and that as a team we have goals to reach. The work does become stressful at times, but at the end of the day you feel great for what was accomplished.We strive to accomplish more each day for our customer.

DB Schenker

I feel like they could be more considerate about our at home life's as well as the work life. The managers are rude. They need to learn to be more respectful to their employees.

I overall loved this company

This company is really great to work for it’s flexible with hours, and employees get along so well too. I loved how everything was ran up there. Organized and neat

Decent

Decent work place with OK pay but not nearly enough for everything being asked of you to do. Management and supervisors do little to nothing to change problems at work and a lot of people pointing fingers and telling on each other for every little thing. Overall fairly friendly environment. Not a place you would want to stay for a long time though.

Pros

Friendly co-workers, Allowed to listen to music on the job, Hours

Cons

Micromanaging, Pay, Changes almost every week

Ask a question about working or interviewing at DB Schenker Logistics. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Ratings from women

2.3
InHerSight Score
1.6Personal Development
3.3Career Opportunities
2.2Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight