DB Schenker Logistics

• Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager

Easy work. Great pay

Fast past. Have to be ready to work. Rotating schedule. Vacation and sick Rick time available. You also get floating holiday pay. They are very strict

Pros

Overtime and nice checks

Cons

Favoritism is real big. Communication sucks!

reach truck drivers

reach trucking was aight after a few months, double pallets was the norm ever more if you got skills. id go back if I could. def worth it if you a lone wolf that takes pride in ya work, 150 53s a day plus 6k pallets a day was the norm but I heard ish slowed down. they can def pay more but that's them.

Pros

good hours good ot

Cons

not much love for employees

Sucked

HR department is non-existent. Locked upstairs where you can't talk to them. Don't answer the phone, don't answer emails. Supervisors don't care, don't work with you to fix problems. Inadequate training for auditors. No mentoring. Favoritism is rampant. No accountability. Safety is a word...nothing more.Work life ratio to home life ratio is bad....mandatory ot.

Pros

Cons

Listed above.

Really good pay

Pretty good for the most part not difficult at all I’m sure most can get used to it if they haven’t worked warehouse before pretty well. You might get pretty tired of the 12 hour shifts though if you aren’ta ram of up to 4 days in a row of 12 hour shifts with depending on scheduling a single day off before doing it again (not every week just business reds mandatory overtime)

Pros

Pay good hours

Cons

Long days at 12 hour days up to 4 days in a row sometimes

Good pay but too many hours

Db schenker pays well and will get lots of overtime but sometimes the overtime is mandatory which can suck i had to work on Christmas and new years overall its a good job

Pros

Good pay lots of overtime

Cons

Too much overtime short breaks

Do you enjoy working at your company?

Every work experience is unique. Tell us about yours. Rate your employer.

Run away!

I started with this company almost 2 years ago. I use to love coming into my job and working each day. Everything just went down hill. HR don’t know anything, the handbooks changes without anyone having copy or know what’s going. They can’t accurately tell you how and when points will fall off. All this for $16, with a .10 raise every year with our facility being #1 center out of all them. It’s a rip off, and if you value yourself more you’ll look for something else. It’s not worth the stress. This is why they’re always having hiring events.

Pros

The shifts

Cons

Everything is cons really, management is horrible and unknowledgable along with HR.

Organizations

What Stands Out About DB Schenker Is The Oranization. They Are Well Organized Throught the Entire Warehouse Which Happens To Be One Of The Largest In The State. I Recomend All My Pears Lookin For Work To Come Here! Great Experience!

Depressing

Before I was ever out of training I was told how many ways I'd loose my job. Manager wasn't helpful at all in any case. It was all about move it or lose it!

Nice work ethic

DB schenker is a nice company to work for which was a second party logistic which was working for Procter & Gamble and you can easily move up in the company with your requirements in your worth ethic

M/a

Friendly fast pace environment , company has lots to offer in reguards to pay, benefits, career advancement. Training program is top of the line 2 weeks plus on the job traing

Jobs at DB Schenker Logistics

in Wilmer, TX
See more jobs

Great pay, the bad long work hours

My time at d.b shencker gave me the opportunity to learn different jobs within the company. It strengthened my work ethic and gave me a sense of pride of getting the job done.

Lots of standing

For 12 hrs you operate a stand up reach so it gets a bit tiring at times. It's rotating shift so you're off every other weekend. Pay is ok and can earn more thru incentives

work hrs and scheduling

Work 12 hrs per day on an alternating schedule Work 36 hrs one week and 48 hrs second week Overtime is sometimes mandatory, but not always required Pay periods are every two weeks

Pros

It's a job and meet with coworkers daily

Cons

have to work a 12 hr shift, prefer 8 hrs, 40 hr work week

A very good please to work

DB Schenker is one of the best jobs i have ever had the pleasure to working at the manager and Supervisor I was under treated me and my coworkers like family .I can't wait to be a member of the team once again.

Job was stressful. Management didn't care for their employees not one bit

Is a easy job but management makes it hard. They set goals that no one can reach, they don't want you to talk to anyone. This job is like a prison, they don't want no one talking. Management don't know anything on how to run their business. No room for advancement they got a very high turn over rate (very high). Managers hide in the aisles to try and catch some one on their phone. .

Loved working here!!

I loved working here. The pay was great. the only thing I seen was that the ability for advancement wasnt there. If u we're good at your current position it was hard to move around. I would love to work for them again!!

Easy place to get to anytime of the day . People get along well with each other

Great place to start out after getting out of the military and would be a good start for someone just getting started in this line of work. This place has good hours and is willing to work with you when you want to advance in college.

Good company. Good benefits

Great training, very secure environment, opportunity for advancement, friendly employees... Do your job and you will not have any problems. Very fun place to work

Pros

Great benefits

Cons

Two 15 minute breaks and one 30 minute break on a 12 hour shift

To much tension

You could be suspended for anything such as dropping one box which could be for a week or you could drop a pallet and be suspended for as long as they figured it to be.

Pros

The night shift supervisor would talk to you about how to improve your work.

Cons

The lead people were always watching you as if you were stealing, never let you know if something was been done wrong

To much stress even for the good pay.

Managers and supervisors are no good. They do whatever they want, there is no consistency in rules or regulation from one shift to amother. They just want you to move product as fast as possible but they will give you a warning so fast for any little reason. It's almost like they don't want you to succeed. The amount of favoritism is so much if you don't kiss up to the supervisors they will treat you like you don't exist, but if you are buddies with them you can get away with anything. There is no strong communication between the managers, safety managers, trainers and supervisors. They tell you one thing in training and on the floor they do something totally different. It's just not worth it!

Pros

The pay

Cons

Management & the long hours

Nice work space very long and wide to that the forklifts and pallet jackes can ride around, section are A-Z

I learn how to ride a pallet jack and what goes on in the warehouse before we go in, and it’s a pretty big place section A-Z not cold warm temperature . The people are nice to work with every one gets along.

Pros

There will be a food truck outside on lunch breaks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at DB Schenker Logistics. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Ratings from women

2.3
InHerSight Score
1.6Personal Development
3.3Career Opportunities
2.2Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight