DHL Supply Chain Employee Reviews

My supervisor made my life a living heck
Export Document Coordinator Lead (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXDecember 26, 2018
Overtime all the time without notice. Talking to the manager about the supervisor’s actions is pointless. No real training. Leadership afraid to take control to better the work environment. I would have loved to stay here but when I found out that the management was afraid to let the supervisor go because of her knowledge of the job, that told me she could get away with anything no matter what. She was very disrespectful and didn’t communicate well. She was always in competition with others and separated the team by down talking on others. My sanity was more important.
Pros
I had a job
Cons
No breaks, no real training, wing everything
Dhl supply chain teaches more about team work,n develop our ability to do work more efficiently and confidently.
Operations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Tunkhannock, PAJanuary 7, 2019
Dhl supply chain provides training and develop ability to work more efficiently and confidently. It teaches people about the management of job and makes more punctual.so it creates peace n supportive environment for associate.as an associate i enjoy my job and proud to be a dhl associate.
Pros
On main even dhl supply chain provides free meal and safety materials too.
Cons
Dhl supply chain provides health insurance for the associte too.
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Fairburn, GADecember 7, 2018
Load, unload, move, stock, and stage products and materials using various types of forklifts or other power equipment 80% of specified shift.
Pull and prepare product for shipment ensuring the exact number and types of product is loaded.
Keep appropriate records and reports for inventory accuracy.
Comply with all OSHA and MSDS standards.
Verify load accuracy; check the load count, stability, and product damage, report variances as necessary.
Change equipment battery or LP tank and monitor power source as necessary.
Maintain the facility’s equipment and materials in a neat, clean, and orderly fashion.
Assist in physical inventories.
Complete daily inspection of equipment.
Stay away from this place
ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJDecember 7, 2018
If you really need the money go for it. Management do not care at all about this place or their employees. Everyone that works there it’s related to one another, so good luck with that. The place is very dirty and poorly maintained. Like I said, if you really need the money go for it, benefits are good, you will get your paid days off sick time and all of that, and the pay is ok. The schedule changes every week. If you can handle working with a group of family members, change of schedule every week, and a very poorly maintained warehouse, By all means go for it
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Everything besides the benefits
Operations Support Lead/ Client Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Highland Heights, OHJanuary 7, 2019
One thing I can say about DHL is that there Safety record was great.
they really take pride in getting everyone home safe. We had 30 to 50 employees everyone worked together. with the group we had we did get a lot of work done. The employee worked hard all the way to the end when we were let go.
Pros
Good money if you can move up. everyone worked together
Cons
There was to many Supervisors 8 for two buiding with 30 employee.
Very cold are hot environment
Mail Handler and scanner (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 27, 2018
It’s a hard job and not wealth the paid some of the management was rude and hateful and hated life it seem, I work for a temp service and i am a very good worker and never had problems with people nor at a job because I am a people person but there if they don’t like the way you look they would let you go, I work there for three months and different people quit every night because of management I only stay until my temp found me something different
Pros
Cons
Bad management
nice and clean workplace
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNDecember 6, 2018
One day another employer was upset with me for working in her spot. So she begin yelling and Screaming I waited until she clam down. spoke to her and making sure i was talking in a positive matter unhelpfully nor unhelpfully negative. Thinking to myself, This women's an idiot and will never change 'isn't useful nor is thinking , everything will turn out fine .
Pros
paid lunches
Cons
longer breaks and better health care
Okay place to work if you feel like you want to work in a prison
Scanner/Sorter (Current Employee) –  Johnstown, NYNovember 27, 2018
The company was good when I first started seven years ago but since I have started there they have made multiple changes and not for the good you have to go through a metal detector to get in and out of the place; Once you're in there you're not allowed to leave you can go outside for break but you can't go to your car without someone walking with you as a supervisor. It's not about the people the workers it's all about the numbers that you can scan. There is good that goes on there they have dinners for if you make the kpi but other than that not much of raises yearly you don't get bonuses you don't even get turkey for Thanksgiving or Christmas.
Pros
Pretty good money for the area
Cons
Feels like you're in prison
Good management foundation and client exposure
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Dover, DEJanuary 3, 2019
Oversaw a team of 30 people operating fork lifts.
Learned about project management, client relationships, diverse work populations.
Management in my building was great, but hard to move up in role at location.
Culture was very competitive.
Hardest part was ability to control career choices in location
Enjoyed the people on my team and project exposure
Good company, bad management
Dock Lead (Current Employee) –  Winchester, VANovember 8, 2018
Very deceiving company to work for. They promise to provide all kinds of perks to the job and not much is ever given after being promised. Poor leadership by management, people like to be told good job every now and then and not be constantly asked what went wrong when management knows being short staffed causes these things.
Pros
Discounts, excellent benefits package
Cons
No chance of advancement, no appreciation for work performed
Results driven Fast Paced environment
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 31, 2018
DHL Supply chain is a fast a fast paced environment with high expectations from its employees in regards to productivity and flexibility. It can be fun at times, as we come together to solve problems and continuously improve on a daily basis. The workplace culture is in the improvement process with a lot of great things in the works in regards to work life balance and compensation.
Pros
4 day work week
Cons
Last minute customer request
Fast paced and just do it and get done.
Crown Forklift Driver and General Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  Robbinsville, NJOctober 27, 2018
Fast paced and just do it and get done. I don't mind working hard and being fast paced but it would be nice if all employees worked this way. Especially those getting more pay with very less experience.I love my job and its challenges but I think management needs to look at their employees a little bit better. Over all, DHL is a great place to work but improvements for its employees welfare and production roles can help a whole lot to make DHL a better company.
Pros
Health Benefits, Never a dull moment, Time goes by fast
Cons
No raises, Very poor communication, Unfair pay by experience, Divided employees when teamwork is necessary, Very bad language barrier...English vs Spanish
A terrible work area to work in
Manager (Former Employee) –  Union City, GAOctober 21, 2018
While working at DHL I had to break up numerous fights. The business choose cheap laborers to do the work with minimal education. Its truly sad. I found myself having to explain to the workers that I was there to help run the warehouse and make sure the workers would be safe. We had car break-ins, fights, and severe high turnover rate. I was afraid to go to work cause I didn't know what would happen. This place is truly a rough place to work.
Pros
Its a job
Cons
Management have to be the police as well.
i hated my enitire time while i was employed at DHL
forklift operator (Former Employee) –  Chippewa Falls, WINovember 16, 2018
the management would be rude and not helpful all they did was sit around and make fun of the other people that work there and then when i didn't want to come to work because of them they complained about me missing a day or 2 out of the 8 days that i had left to miss
Pros
great pay and great benefits
Cons
poor management skills throughout the entire building
Great company but questionable executive management team
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Belleville, MIOctober 11, 2018
The sites I managed had a very strong safety culture and a great workplace culture. Unfortunately the expectations from above for a General Manager with multiple sites were unreasonable resulting in job burnout. The company failed to provide adequate new business development resources and failed to provide adequate financial management support. A continued lack of executive management consistency ultimately made the job undesirable.
Pros
Compensation and benefits package
Cons
No compassion for the employees, only interested in the financial top and bottom line.
Production & have a safe place to work
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Union City, GADecember 10, 2018
It is very easy and hard to catch on but it is easy , the hardest thing is working in the cooled. The people I work with are cool everything is cool. The managers are cool to at times but they still have a job to do so I don’t pay attention to the other stuff.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
We only got 1 break that’s was 38 min when we work 10-11 hrs a day
Raise salary and you will have less turn over rates!
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Mechanicsburg, PAOctober 25, 2018
I loved working for this company. Unfortunately after being there a year and a half and only making $13/hr wasn't enough to support my family. Especially when seeing others do the same thing for $18-$26/hr. Knowing that you Max out at $15/hr whether you're there 5 years or 50 was discouraging.
Pros
Holidays, paid training, company meals
Cons
Pay
Warehouse Picker, MPJ operator (Current Employee) –  philippinesDecember 11, 2018
Additional Improvement and safety work place and safety equipment,salary improvement and benefits.Broken schedule,Leadership management.Training awereness.
laid-back work environment
Replenish group coordinator (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHDecember 1, 2018
The work environment was excellent but there seems to be a lack of communication between shifts as far as supervisors group coordinators AKA leads and their handoffs are not correct on most days
Pros
Great benefits the pay is great
Cons
Lack of communication between shifts and supervisors hand off
Don't Waste Your Time
Palletizer (Former Employee) –  Tatamy, PANovember 21, 2018
coworkers like to start arguments with you, then go complain to management to get you fired. Crummy job, only get one day a week off. they have you work 12 hours a day six days a week. Many people constantly walk off the job everyday. Don't waste your time they'll work you to death.The people are so argumentive.