DHL Employee Reviews

32.7K
Found 4,295 reviews matching the search See all 11,770 reviews
Laid back place to work
Loader (Current Employee) –  Chippewa Falls, WIJuly 20, 2018
It's a laid back place to work very safety orriented they pay is good the benefits are great the work hours suck right now and that is why they are having trouble keeping people they are mandating over time and there is not much to do so it don't make much sense
Pros
Laid back place to work
Cons
The mandatory overtime
Delays no detention pay
Truck Driver Class A (Current Employee) –  Westerville, OHJuly 18, 2018
Favoritism is high don't pay you what they tell you if you do other things to help them out. Lack of maintenance on vehicles. Management doesn't always tell you the truth
Pros
Drive for gold
Cons
Maintenance
Decent job
Customs Operations Specialist Dispatch Agent (Former Employee) –  West Columbia, SCJuly 18, 2018
Decent place to work if you enjoy sitting behind a computer all day, minimum breaks and don't talk on the floor to others or you definitely will get in trouble.
Great Place
Principle Network Engineer (Current Employee) –  Mechanicsburg, PAJuly 18, 2018
Best place ever to work.
Great company to work for.
Managers and Directors treat you with the utmost respect.
They truly care bout their people.
If you are sick you don't have to worry about going into work sick you can actually stay home and get better without feeling pressured to go to work.

I have never worked for a company this great!!!!
Productive place to work.
International Billing Representative (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 18, 2018
I really love this company. The people here are very nice and they help you. This is a very laid back place to work. It's never a dull moment. Right down the street from my house.
DHL it is a ok place to work in if you are just starting off in warehousing;Its pays good when you help setting up or help with startups'
Shipping & Receiving Lead (Former Employee) –  TexasJuly 18, 2018
A typical day at all the locations I have worked for where fast past. Stayed busy at all times. I have learned to continue to motivate others and consisting at my job.Management was wonderful to work with. They were there offer and help with anything i needed. The work place was comfortable and a easy environment to work in. The hardest part for me was staying cool when its hot and staying warm it was cold. But once i got going it became easier. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with a team that cared for one another and pull together to get the job done,
It was an okay job
Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJuly 18, 2018
We would have a meeting before our shift start. We would have to get our GRF guns after the meeting. Go to the level you would be working at for that day, then start on your orders.
Comfortable and able to enjoy your time there
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Southaven, MSJuly 18, 2018
Dhl was a good place to work as a forklift operator. The lies were easy to maneuver through and the work area was laid back. I enjoyed my time there i hate that i had to leave to go back and finish school
Pros
Easy shifts and good concessions
Cons
Lunch was a 6 hour wait t
Group Coordinator/ System Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLJuly 16, 2018
Great place to work and grow.This place always has things for you to do there’s never a time where you’ll find yourself stopping you get long semis filled with packages from the back to the opening and we’d sort packages so very good paced place to work at coworkers are cool and so is management just remain busy and working professional !
Solid First Job
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Dover, DEJuly 15, 2018
This was my first job out of school. My immediate team was very supportive and provided a lot of opportunities. However I cannot say the advancement opportunities were achievable depending on location.
Very productive place to work at.
Reciever (Former Employee) –  North Las Vegas, NVJuly 14, 2018
Excellent Team environment
Export Logistic Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 12, 2018
Great team environment. Smaller logistics station, which allows everyone to have a great work relationship. Very understanding about having a good work and personal life balance.
Stressfull
Module Operator (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 12, 2018
Very stressful place of employment, hard work in terrible conditions.
Management was horrible they did not care for the employee unless they knew you personally.
Pros
It was a job
Cons
Terrble managers
This job was very nice but hot
Recieving Associate (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJuly 12, 2018
This job was very hot it had no ac or ventilation system but the eviorment was friendly and the people were nice i just had to leave cause i needed more pay
Unorganized
Forklift Operator/Warehouse (Former Employee) –  Union City, GAJuly 12, 2018
DHL is not a place I would recommend to anyone, unorganized, unprofessional, their strict on rules that don't apply to every site, and sometimes they don't pay you your money on time.
Family work environment
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Mechanicsburg, PAJuly 11, 2018
It works in small groups. Payment for production and hours. Very difficult to raise of salary (you begin to work below the standard salary of forklift operator).
Good attention from management and supervisors, although there is a bit of discrimination with ethnic minorities.
Pros
medical insurance, stability, easy goal
Cons
low wage
Great Job
Courier (Former Employee) –  Melville, NYJuly 11, 2018
This was a great job, however it didn't pay very well and Social Work was what I wanted to do. They also went out of business, but it was a great experience.
Over all company was a fun place they provided pimping ,bean bag tournaments
Forklift operator (Former Employee) –  University Park, ILJuly 11, 2018
Enthusiast about coming to work to pump myself up and work harder than the day before. I learned how to read bill of lading all sorts , at customes request. And even out the weight on the truck. Lead was very laid back helped me when I needed very informative on whatever. Well it was a little bit of everything, some good , some not so good.the hardest part was keeping up numbers to earn the bonus. Monthly .The most enjoyable was the breaks the games we played.
Pros
Games on breaks
Cons
Training could be more better handled by management
Very professional
Leader (Current Employee) –  York, PAJuly 10, 2018
Worked with DHL honestly cannot say anything bad with them. The only bad thing is probably there pay which they allow overtime so it evens out. I had no issues with them compared to other companies.
Pros
Paid lunch
Cons
Not fast paced
Horrible experience
Inventory Control/Appointments Clerk (Former Employee) –  Bow, NHJuly 10, 2018
Very poorly executed startup company that would continually violate common ethical rules/labor rules on a constant basis. Bottom line for them is money; they have a history of shuffling people through, burning them out, and just replacing them as soon as they can.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at DHL. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.3InHerSight Score

2.0Personal Development

2.4Career Opportunities

2.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight