DHL Employee Reviews

Found 5,062 reviews matching the search See all 13,614 reviews
fun workplace
Auditor (Current Employee) –  Groveport, OHMarch 24, 2019
DHL is a great company to work for. We have different cultures mixed into one. Great place to work for if you need to move, you can transfer. Good Benefits.
Depends on what you’re looking for
Quality specialist (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 23, 2019
Depending on what you’re looking for and what level you are in your working life/career.
If you come from a very specific, technical background, don’t make the assumption that DHL has the equivalent even if the job title might be the same.
The QMS is not a true QMS but is presented as being one in order to attract customers.
Taking corporate policy and breaking it down into work instruction format and then performing “audits” (only to make sure their facilities are following corporate policy; not a true QMS), is merely a guise. Documentation control is only a fraction of a QMS, not in and of itself.
If you have a background in a true QMS (manufacturing and distribution), you will quickly recognize this and become increasingly frustrated. You will not be able to change this. If you’re okay with that and decide you are willing to have a position that will not grow or utilize your skill set in the aforementioned, this company is for you.
Again, it depends on what you’re looking for and where you want to go.
Pros
Cons
Work/life balance non-existent, no quality of life, poor HR
Not a good place to work
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Carrollton, TXMarch 22, 2019
Run as fast as you can from this place, I wouldn’t want my worst enemy to work for this company, transportation so call supervisor is a joke. He doesn’t know anything, I’m wondering how got the job, I guess sucking up really helps
Pros
Cons
Transportation supervisor sucks
I wouldn’t recommend no one to work here
E-Commerce Specialist (Current Employee) –  Union City, GAMarch 22, 2019
I work at the DHL in Union City, Ga and I recommended no one to work there. They missing up ppl pay check and not paying you on time. They have ppl information messed up in the system and giving u a hard time about something they messed up. The supervisors sucks they don’t want to do their job or assist you. It’s a lot of walking and u don’t get no 15 mins break you working the whole 8 hours with a 40 min lunch. This location sucks, and unorganized
Pros
The pay is good
Cons
No 15 mins breaks, not paying ppl on time or at all, management sucks and company unorganized
Daily routine
Service Center Supervisor (Former Employee) –  4801 vernon Blvd. Long Islabd City NewYorkMarch 21, 2019
I learned several FAA regulations as well as security protections. My day started with a review of the volume of packages that came into our facility, prioritizing them by customer and location. Management worked well at all levels and conducted daily meeting with upper management. Our work culture was fast paced due to the time sensitive nature of our business. The hardest part of the job was dealing with someone calling off for the day and ensuring proper coverage where needed. The most enjoyable part of the job was the end of the night when all the drivers returned safe and on time.
Pros
positive feedback from our sales team and customers.
Cons
Over volume due to a late plane arrivl
Excellent
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 21, 2019
I loved my tenure and the many employees I met all over the world. The immediate team to whom I worked with have become friends and family. It was competitive with room to advance and relocate if desired. We all worked well as a team to ensure we met customer goals professionally and DHLs management made a point to offer incentives, recognition, and rewards for achieving successful goals.
Pros
Benefits are excellent, constant learning
Cons
It’s a numbers game you must meet at all times
Warehouse
forklift-clamp operator (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GA..March 20, 2019
Its a okay place to work.... A lil more training for the people coming in would be awesome,,, supervisors need a lil attitude adjustment...'''''''''''
Its a delivery job
Courier (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAMarch 20, 2019
This job explain for itself because no manager is on your back. Once your truck is loaded and the gate goes up you on your own. you have packaged that have to be off in a timely matter
Warehouse
OPERATIONS SUPERVISOR - INBOUND (Current Employee) –  Southaven, MSMarch 19, 2019
Everything is based on your site and customer. Some sites are a cake walk and others are harder then ever. HR will help you find the right fit. They offer free learning classes.
Pros
Vacations, unlimted sick days, cheap healthcare
Cons
Customer driven, cheap healthcare
Not a great place to work
Manager, Construction and Facility Standards (Current Employee) –  OhioMarch 19, 2019
The company has few or little processes, technics or procedures to do the job. It's mostly "seat of your pants" work. Their is little bold leadership and employees are not challenged. Nepotism is prevalent at DHL. There is no upward mobility.
Pros
salaries
Cons
no leadership, no structure or processes
Challenging but supported
DOMESTICE AREA MANGER (Former Employee) –  Nevada, CAMarch 19, 2019
I enjoyed my years at DHL. They provided in house training opportunities and were always looking for continued improvement.

While my department (US Domestic Operations) was a detached from the world wide scope of DHL we still worked closely together and was supported by the local branch.
Productive clean
Sorter/Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 19, 2019
Sort mail according to locations, ship packages. The work place was clean management was fair to employs. The hardest part of the job was the overnight shift picking up the extra work from the day shift.
Long days - short pay
Administrative Tasker (Current Employee) –  Fairburn, GAMarch 19, 2019
if pay currently exceeds wage progression sheet they will find an excuse not give a cost of living wage increase that was/is meant for everyone. If you're good and knowledgeable they will try to stop your progression of growth on upward mobility within the company.
Pros
benefits cost are low
Cons
short breaks, long hours, communication sucks
Stressful at times but laid back most times
Order Processor (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMarch 19, 2019
Stayed busy and there were some friendly people. Processed paperwork and scheduled appointments. Fast paced and worked with good people daily. As for my boss, he was very strict and not personable.
All good
Network Planning Analyst Intern (Current Employee) –  Erlanger, KYMarch 19, 2019
Nothing too bad. Can do better with promotions. Good work culture, flexible work timings, challenging situations. Overall a good place to work and start career.
Productive and challenging
Break bulk Agent (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMarch 19, 2019
Give the import documents to the client's customs broker. Track shipments, schedule pick up with different contractors for the delivery to the clients after clearing customs. I learned we had 72 hrs to clear it from customs before the warehouse where the goods were started charging for over time. I had to be on top of the dates and make sure it didn't happen. Sometimes is was stressful to manage several shipments at the time and thinking that I was not going to have enough time to do all what needed to be done and the best part was when everything ended up on time, it was rewarding. The people was very nice, my supervisor and a coworker was couching me were excellent. I miss that job.
Fast paced
Forklift operator (Former Employee) –  Charleston, TNMarch 18, 2019
Poor management. Management doesn't talk to each other. They change your schedule. They will lie to you about the hours you'll be working. When they changed my workdays and hours I ended up working 60 and 70 hours for at least 3 months. We were told we would work 40 hours and overtime would be very rare. The new system doesn't work half the time and it crashes making it difficult to get the numbers for the week
Pros
Pay check
Cons
Poor management
Looking for something better
DriverForklift (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 18, 2019
Looking for something better my self and my family and I want too grow and I love too work and love too have fun well I am work looking too meet new people
Dhl
Tug Dispatch Driver (Current Employee) –  Hebron, KYMarch 18, 2019
DHL is a worldwide shipping company. I think that it is a good job for someone who wants to truly gain a career when it comes to packaging and shipping things, but I know that this is something that I am doing until i graduate college. Then hopefully I will be able to find something that applies to my field.
Pros
nice pay and flexible schedule
Cons
I only work weekends
Awesome Company
Certified International Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZMarch 17, 2019
Awesome company. Awesome culture. Awesome benefits. Exceptional benefits and salary. Highly recommend this company for anyone looking to start here career or further advance there career.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at DHL. Our community is ready to answer.

54.6K
44.3K
33.1K

Women's ratings

3.6Fairygodboss Score

14%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

75%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss