DHL Employee Reviews

Found 4,608 reviews matching the search See all 12,349 reviews
Good paying job
Replenishment (Current Employee) –  Union City, GAOctober 17, 2018
Dhl is a very good company the only cons are long working hours with 1 30 min break but the than that its a good job alot of room for advancement great job just need to extend break
Productive and enjoyable, with safety games daily
Operation Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 17, 2018
I was only employed for a year. However, the respect that I was rewarded with from my upper management to the employees was so fulfilling. The respect and trust that I was given made my daily two hour drive seem effortless. My team and management made it easy for me to enjoy coming to work every day.

It took me a week to retrain my team and make there work simpler. And a couple of weeks to show my manager that he made the right choice by hiring me.

It was just to bad that they had to file chapter 11 and downsize. I was the last to be hired in my group and the last to be laid off. That says a lot from my manager.
Pros
Open to change with training instead of lay-offs.
Cons
Men got paid more
Labor
Case Picker/Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Bow, NHOctober 17, 2018
Working at DHL is OK at first but its a place were its a fast pace job and has a lot of safety involved but moving ahead making a career in this place takes way to long to move on in this job.
Horrible slave driving work environment
Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Newville, PA 17241October 16, 2018
The first 2 years I worked with the company we're great and then because of higher management and flat out disregards for any of the rules that were in place, this building has gone down as far as production. And the fact the office personnel have to tweak our production and profit numbers to make it look alright is completely ridiculous
Pros
Paid for lunch, decent vacation time
Cons
No breaks, consent pressure from management, poor management, shady dealings with higher ups
Good but not good enough
Power Packaging DHL Maintenance Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Rosendale, WIOctober 16, 2018
Looking to get a first shift position. Will continue to work here till something better comes along. Good thing is that people are all very friendly. Would be better if they would put money back into so needed upgrades.
Productive work place fun
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Union City, GAOctober 16, 2018
Ive wotked as order picker in quickly moved up to unloading trucks very productive in always something to do clean area as I work making sure safety was the key
Pros
Competive pay
Cons
Short breaks
Office Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Mooresville, INOctober 16, 2018
Management invested in you through training and mentoring to improve job skills. The site General Manager and HR Manager were approachable and flexible.
Pros
Great pay and great benefits
Cons
Department environment was not healthy
Very demanding work environment.
OPERATION SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Scranton, PAOctober 16, 2018
It was pretty much frowned upon for the operation supervisor to have lunch, that's how demanding the job was, but no one will ever say it out loud or admit to it; it was just known / given.
dhl
DDU RUNNER (Current Employee) –  Melrose Park, ILOctober 16, 2018
the company needs to hire more people they are ery strict the management is rude and I feel that we are not receiving the right pay at this job they need new management
Excellent work place
Courier/Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Ar RiyāḍOctober 16, 2018
Excellent company, good benifits, salary and they help to improve self confidents in every employee. It helps to motivate people to success daily basis.
Location in over its head
Manager/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Chippewa Falls, WiOctober 15, 2018
After being told "things will get better" for most of the year, I am ready to move on. Although corporate is on site, the only assistance given is "we need to do better." Work life balance is non-existent with 13 hr days, and constant online contact. Finishing any tasks gains little to no acknowledgement, but only allows more tasks to be given.
Good long term job.
Inventory Clerk/Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  DeKalb, ILOctober 15, 2018
I have grown with DHL over the course of 5 years. They have really helped advance my skills and prepared me for future careers. I would recommend them to someone with minimal skills because they will accept you and help you grow.
Horrible warehouse environment
Mail Sorter Inbound/Outbound (Former Employee) –  Houston, TxOctober 11, 2018
Management discriminates
Blame temporary employees
Narcotics operation allowed on premises
Management sleeping with female employees
Policies always broken
Pros
weekly pay if through temp agency
Cons
15 min breaks and 30 minute breaks
loved it here
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXOctober 10, 2018
All of my co-workers were great. We always found ways to work together, or come up with new ideas for the company. I couldn't ask for anything more from this company.
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Mc Cook, ILOctober 10, 2018
It’s was nice working here however I was working through a temp agency , it was a smooth environment clean and everybody was really nice. It was a fast paced environment which made the day go by really fast I loved it.
Horrible
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXOctober 10, 2018
Work place was HORRIBLE, pay was NOT ENOUGH for the job. Did not want to change my schedule back to the original from a previous employee that was in school. Took my computer so I could not do the job I was required to do
No Support from Corporate - No Loyalty to Employees
Managing Director (Former Employee) –  St. Charles, ILOctober 10, 2018
They do a great global presentation but in reality they do not support their employees. They will over work you and expect for you to give more. The employees are expendable!
Pros
Looks good on paper
Cons
They do not deliver
Good Opportunity
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSOctober 9, 2018
DHL offers a challenging and rewarding experience for those wishing to work in fast-paced environments. There are opportunities for advancement and opportunities for relocation.
Basketball court,tennis,hair salon,nail salon
WAREHOUSE ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Union City, GAOctober 9, 2018
I enjoyed working at DHL bit was just promise 15.00 at start up and never received it. They have so many am9for their employees. One thing I have learned is that their employees come first which I felt the love there. Shuttle provide for the employees that was on the bus.
Pros
Good all around
Cons
2nd and 3rd shift get the same pay
Archaic Office Culture - New Office to Come
Senior IT Implementation Analyst (Current Employee) –  Westerville, OHOctober 9, 2018
Right now, the culture at DHL is very archaic, but they are making an effort to become more accommodating. More work from home opportunity, working completely remote, etc. The office itself is very much a reminder of Office Space. DHL currently constructing a new building with an ETA of December 2019. As an IA, you will be required to travel, a lot. No formal comp days and starting salary not very competitive with other comparable companies.
Pros
Work From Home
Cons
Travel can be extensive

Ask a question about working or interviewing at DHL. Our community is ready to answer.

54.2K
43.9K
32.8K

Ratings from women

2.3InHerSight Score

2.0Personal Development

2.4Career Opportunities

2.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight