DHL

DHL Employee Reviews

United States6,931 reviews
Found 6,931 reviews matching the search
Featured review
DHL selected this as a representative review
People
Management willingness to work with you is great! No overbearing Management style here. you can easily have normal conversation
With everyone . attendance policy

Could use some improvements.

You get treated with dignity and respect 100% of the time .staying busy is important. Overall great place to work.
Mental, Physical, and Emotional Toture
Nobody with logistics experience wants to supervise for this company, thus, the only management individuals they can acquire are "Logistics Management" college graduates; they place is run by inexperienced children. The point system is brutally unsympathetic. Also, the supervisors are in completely in control of downtime approval making it impossible to succeed if they don't like you for any reason, no matter how hard you work; you absolutely cannot make your rate without your downtime getting approved. Their management system turns employees into selfish vindictive thugs, it feels like "Game of Thrones." The company has mastered corporate psychology and flawlessly brings out the very worst in their employees. All promotions are lateral, no raises, giving the employees less physically demanding tasks but more responsibility. There are literally rules for everything making it even harder to succeed because everything you do is wrong, they should hire robots because you better be one. It's the absolute worst job in the Universe. Do not subject yourself to this, expect 60 hour weeks absolutely every week without sympathy for your family or children.
Immature management
The Management is very childish and will hold personal grudges.
They say the company promotes from within then hire from outside.

The people they promote have zero experience in the job they get promoted to.
Advising
I want to advice someone in my job, we need to work a team help everyone and take care some body to be successful because the team work make all better
Work environment
Company as a whole seems to care about employees, although individual teams may be different based on managers.

The company offers consistent training.
Nothing really bad to say it's great place and full time job.
I've been working for this company since May of 2005 currently still working, looking for another company for advancing and more pay. DHL is a great company to work for I feel I've out grown.
Very stressful
It seemed the company was solely focused on pressuring sales all the time pushing money was all they we’re interested in nothing else 3 calls a week to go over pipelines revenue billed revenue it was awful
Bad place to work.
I would have liked this job, but because i worked there a year ago, DHL expected me to be fast at sorting the mail. They were slow a year ago, the work was parttime, and I never got fast at dunking the packages in the bags. I was warned for three days that i was not fast enough. I did a lot of work, because i bagged up a lot of mail. I guess that was not good enough.
Big on Safety and Productivity
The location I was hired at has a very small staff of about 30 - 45 employees year round. The normal office and management staff and about 15 Forklift Operators and the rest being packers for a new 'Direct Shipping' experience.
The majority of people who are not longtime employees are seasonal workers who are hired on to meet the demand of the warehouses' customer during the peak season for it stock.

A temp employee is very hard pressed if they want to earn an actual position aside from the temp position even if they are hired directly in-house or through a agency.

Due to being a temp worker you basically are expected to work any and all hours assigned and have no way to actually take a leave if you need to. Your only option is to call out and put an attendance strike on you, which now makes you ineligible to be considered for a fulltime position as I understand it.

The work life balance is trash, and the friction between the shifts is very high and very toxic. But the emphasis on safety and making sure you have the tools to get your job done is top notch and can't be overstated.

So if you have nothing to do but work and sleep go for it, very good job. This varies by location since each warehouse serves a different customer with different stock so be wary.
good environment
If you're weren't there for years or a lead knocked down to a lower job function , it was a good place to work , if you made too much or acquired too much vacation ,you were a target to lower the companies expense .
Great place to work.
Overall, I enjoyed my stay at DHL wished I could've rolled over to a permanent position. Friendly and caring staff. Multiple shifts available and fun.
Pros
Plenty money to make during peak season.
Cons
Only a few get rolled over permanently.
Excellent worker
I’m very strong worker and enjoy my job it’s very fast last and stay busy and on task and makes the hours go by fast and quick And you and also move up in the company
Horrible place
Extremely disorganized management. HR rushes through orientation. HR misinforms new hires on important facts about their job description. Informed the $17 per hour was only 4 a couple weeks, then pay drops significantly Abbreviated orientation to hurry and get Workers out on the floor working.
Pros
Cons
Long hours, low pay, covid-19 runs rampid, no social distancing, not adhering to safety or CDC guidelines
No appreciation for it's workers.
Doesn't appreciate employees. Management only worries about themselves and is quick to throw you under the bus. Unsafe work conditions, nothing was ever done right. I worked for this company for 8 years and it was a waste of time
You make money as full time not part time
If you don’t have Cdl license you may wait like 3 or 4 year to get a full time position and you working as part time double that full time and make really less money
Bad place to work
Very disorganized place,they are always trying to put out fires but have no idea about warehouse organization or people management! General manager has no idea about the tasks on floor, they show favoritism and bend the rules for certain people!!!
Pros
Pays the bills
Cons
No chance for advancements
Hay mucho razismo y malos tratos
Es una empresa que trata a sus empleados de una forma muy inhumana, hablando en términos generales.
Assembly line
At this job I like these a lot it's real easy to move up in his job just show your managers that you're willing to work and do your best at all time at least job you have a mandatory overtime on a Saturday and Sunday's off
Good environment
What I learned at dhl was that you have to be able to work at a fast pace. Management was decent, they were really good people. The hardest part of the job was when other of my coworkers would slack a little so it would put a lot of pressure on me.
Negative
Improperly trained and then punished for it. Lectured for not staying on task when they don’t provide the equipment to do the job. Didn’t have enough forklifts to let everyone work.
Bueno
Considero que la empresa debe de aumentar el sueldo de los empleados.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at DHL. Our community is ready to answer.
6.2K
Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP50%
In the Top 50% of similar size companies
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at DHL.