DHL Employee Reviews

54K
43.8K
32.6K
Found 4,287 reviews matching the search See all 11,756 reviews
Group Coordinator/ System Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLJuly 16, 2018
Great place to work and grow.This place always has things for you to do there’s never a time where you’ll find yourself stopping you get long semis filled with packages from the back to the opening and we’d sort packages so very good paced place to work at coworkers are cool and so is management just remain busy and working professional !
Solid First Job
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Dover, DEJuly 15, 2018
This was my first job out of school. My immediate team was very supportive and provided a lot of opportunities. However I cannot say the advancement opportunities were achievable depending on location.
Very productive place to work at.
Reciever (Former Employee) –  North Las Vegas, NVJuly 14, 2018
Excellent Team environment
Export Logistic Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 12, 2018
Great team environment. Smaller logistics station, which allows everyone to have a great work relationship. Very understanding about having a good work and personal life balance.
Stressfull
Module Operator (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 12, 2018
Very stressful place of employment, hard work in terrible conditions.
Management was horrible they did not care for the employee unless they knew you personally.
Pros
It was a job
Cons
Terrble managers
This job was very nice but hot
Recieving Associate (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJuly 12, 2018
This job was very hot it had no ac or ventilation system but the eviorment was friendly and the people were nice i just had to leave cause i needed more pay
Unorganized
Forklift Operator/Warehouse (Former Employee) –  Union City, GAJuly 12, 2018
DHL is not a place I would recommend to anyone, unorganized, unprofessional, their strict on rules that don't apply to every site, and sometimes they don't pay you your money on time.
Family work environment
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Mechanicsburg, PAJuly 11, 2018
It works in small groups. Payment for production and hours. Very difficult to raise of salary (you begin to work below the standard salary of forklift operator).
Good attention from management and supervisors, although there is a bit of discrimination with ethnic minorities.
Pros
medical insurance, stability, easy goal
Cons
low wage
Great Job
Courier (Former Employee) –  Melville, NYJuly 11, 2018
This was a great job, however it didn't pay very well and Social Work was what I wanted to do. They also went out of business, but it was a great experience.
Over all company was a fun place they provided pimping ,bean bag tournaments
Forklift operator (Former Employee) –  University Park, ILJuly 11, 2018
Enthusiast about coming to work to pump myself up and work harder than the day before. I learned how to read bill of lading all sorts , at customes request. And even out the weight on the truck. Lead was very laid back helped me when I needed very informative on whatever. Well it was a little bit of everything, some good , some not so good.the hardest part was keeping up numbers to earn the bonus. Monthly .The most enjoyable was the breaks the games we played.
Pros
Games on breaks
Cons
Training could be more better handled by management
Very professional
Leader (Current Employee) –  York, PAJuly 10, 2018
Worked with DHL honestly cannot say anything bad with them. The only bad thing is probably there pay which they allow overtime so it evens out. I had no issues with them compared to other companies.
Pros
Paid lunch
Cons
Not fast paced
Horrible experience
Inventory Control/Appointments Clerk (Former Employee) –  Bow, NHJuly 10, 2018
Very poorly executed startup company that would continually violate common ethical rules/labor rules on a constant basis. Bottom line for them is money; they have a history of shuffling people through, burning them out, and just replacing them as soon as they can.
Overworked Underpaid Alot Of Favoritism.
Forklift Operator/Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Ontario, CAJuly 10, 2018
Been Working For Dhl For Over A Yr Now There’s Cool Things About It But For The Most Part If Your Not Management Your Prolly Highly Underpaid As I Work For Them Im Always Applying Elsewhere And See The Wages So I Have A Good Idea Of What A Good Paying Job Looks Like . Hopefully One Day I’ll Land Onea. Instead Of Paying More They Just Give You Free Stuff Like Food And Shirts Of Cours You Can’t Pay Bills Or Do Anything For Your Family With That .. Good Starter Job For Experience But If You Have Multiple High Bills I Wouldn’t Recommend This Job Unless You Have Help With Your Bills And Way Of Life .
Pros
Good Experience Gainer
Cons
Underpaid Overworked 3rd Party Company
Productive and fun environment
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 9, 2018
Work place was very friendly outgoing management was very helpful at all times.Fast paced gotta be able to multitask.typical day is sorting mail handling carts of mail
The break room was nice
Forklift Operator and Order Picker (Former Employee) –  Tracy, CAJuly 9, 2018
At the beginning of the shift we have meetings for the past downs,like where the previous shift left out, discussed issues, give feed backs and help to resolve and share the best solution.I enjoyed my job by helping the new hire making sure that they understand the work instructions and how every department works and how I share my work techniques experiences.
Pros
nice break room close the parking lot
Good but only if you’re a conformist
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Groveport, OHJuly 8, 2018
After several years with the company i realized i was only going to get anywhere if you do it how they want you to do it. They want a very specific type of manager and I’m not a butt kisser so i automatically didn’t fit in. They want to say “manage your way” but it’s only if that way matches theirs.

I was separated from the company during a peak when we were drasticly understaffed in leadership and no one knew the processes like i did.

They don’t appreciate direct communication in general and i had been on accounts where you were expected to work ridiculous hours and days. GREATLY underpaid also.
Pros
Annual outing, monthly food activities
Cons
Underpaid, long hours
n/a
SHIFT LEAD (Former Employee) –  Union City, GAJuly 8, 2018
This job gave me the opportunity to grow as a leader and to be able to showcase my leadership skills daily. I learned the ins and outs of the warehouse system which has given me knowledge and skills to perform well at other warehouse jobs
Management needs improvement
Module Operator (Current Employee) –  Spartanburg, SCJuly 7, 2018
Worst plant I ever worked at. They make changes every week. Management talks to associate any kind of way. Management is also poor they show favoritism to certain associates.
Project but has a blame culture in place
North American Regional HSE Manager (Current Employee) –  Humble, TXJuly 7, 2018
DHL is a good place to work but the pay is average and the logistics is a tough area to develop a good profit margin, so they are tight and employee turn over is high.
Pros
Good People, Travel
Cons
Long work hours, and a blame culture
Fun place
Dock Worker/ CDZ Disptcher (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 7, 2018
I have enjoyed working at dhl. Its a great company but they have cross training that is designed to teach you jobs within our departments. This training is minimal and then you arethrown into the fire so to speak to do a job, not always understanding everything. In my opinion they need to have trainers that train new hires adeaquately.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at DHL. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

3.4Fairygodboss Score

20%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

20%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss