DHL logo

DHL Employee Reviews

Found 7,710 reviews matching the searchSee all 20,000 reviews

Attention to detail

Featured review

DHL selected this as a representative review
One of the best jobs I have had!! The opportunity for advancement and promotion is exceptional. They like to cross train all employees in each function as they move up.

Pros

Plenty of advancement opportunities!!

Official response from DHL

November 19, 2020
Dear colleague,We look forward to your 5-star rating! Thank you for pointing our in your comments the excellent growth and promotion opportunities available with DHL. We are constantly updating our job offers for internal and external applications and are pleased to see our employees develop professionally and take on new challenges as part of their career at DHL.We know your commitment as an Operation Supervisor is exceptional and we would like to thank you for your work! Please keep up the good work and you will receive the recognition you deserve.Your Employer Branding Team

Unorganized

First day of training the trainers didn’t know what they were supposed to be training us on. They hired a lot of people with hardly any work in the building had the play like we were keeping busy was by far the hardest part of the day. OMs and team leaders stressed to the new hires to find something to do keep in mind this is our first day and haven’t been trained.

Pros

Cons

Compensation

Ok job

It's an ok job very simple, this place did get me out of my comfort zone as far as being more interactive with others but if you are looking for advancement you have to start "brown nosing". High turnover rate, people come & go, some favoritism. HR and upper management are very shady they lure in the new hires with false promises, only looking out for their bonuses. Would only recommend to be there for a few months, make some cash and get out.

Pros

Simple job

Cons

Hr, Upper Management. Short breaks

Don’t do it!

Terrible upper management. Zero work life balance. Mandatory overtime is a constant so the schedule you are offered is rarely the schedule you’ll work. No communication. Safety is a joke. Pay checks are not right regularly and HR never answers the phone. Not to mention the training is TERRIBLE!

High Turnover; Experience depends on coworkers

Good place to work. I had an good job experience and labor share is great when they send you to different places they pay for everything. The only problem is the advancement they will advance you but only so far.. if they feel like your good at that one job they will leave you on it, no matter what you apply for the only way u will advance is if you suck up to the hiring manager at your dhl.

Pros

Paid trips

Cons

Incompetent managers

Job seekers rely on your experience.

High Turn Over

First starting off was ok but once I realized that I had no home life and wasn’t able to see my kids the drama started. They care about nothing but having people on the lifts to move the product. You still have to work mandated days even if you “volunteer” to work extra days. The company has so many rules and technicalities that only benefit the company and suck the employees further into the work hole. And the whole process about the write ups they tell you in orientation is a LIE!!!!! They have 4 different categories to write you up in so you do the math on what kind of place it is.

Pros

Benefits, bonuses

Cons

Rules that only benefit the company and ensure they keep a high turn over rate

Decent job

Just walking around all day collecting merchandise and packaging it to be shipped out. Nothing complicated. Go in, work, and leave. Supervisors were helpful, and I never had issues with any co-workers. The work can be mind-numbing / monotonous at times, but that's about it.

Ultimate con here is lack of respect, manpower

Lack of respect across all departments, self-accountability isn't fostered in this environment or follow-through. Safety and sanitation are preached in training, not implemented on the floor.

Pros

Weekly pay, benefits if you are single.

Cons

Theft, equipment theft, lack of support and staffing

Busy yet laid back if that makes since.. As i stated their very beneficial especially with pay

Would recommend anyone who loves to drive or site see.. Have to be friendly and respectful as well.. It's cool like I said I WOULD recommend this job..

Bad training

I got hired as a customer service rep with no experience in warehouse when I was placed with A group of of ladies who had many years of experience I felt left out I felt like they didn’t help me learn as much as I possibly could have and they started to excluding me from activities and not talk to me it got very frustrating Wayne it got time to do things I did not know and they expected me to know

Pros

40 hours or more

Cons

Really draining

Jobs at DHL

See more jobs

Stressful with little help

No proper training given. Micromanagement all the time, you are expected to work overtime most of the time. Favoritism. No life / work balance at all.

Pros

Parties for everything

Cons

Micromanagement, no training, no life work balance

Cool

Cool lil job to make some quick money ain't nothing to much just long work hours and you only get 1 break but if you need it then you'll be OK I been here for 8 years now the ppl are cool

Dont work here if you actually work

I was there for 5 1/2 years. You know how much more I was making then the people that would come in and our of the place. A whole dollar more. The company don't care about their employees, especially the ones who stuck the madness out and that's why I left. On top of being mandated all the time. Money was alright but not worth all my time and not seeing my kids. Place is a safety hazard to say the least. Never seen so many incidents in a workplace. I highly wouldn't recommend this place.

Benefits

Cons

Everything else

Good working environment for the most part

Consistent overtime whenever Weekly pay which is awesomeVery easy job for the payMy co workers were always cool with me and we had a great time working with one another

Pros

Basketball, ping pong, good lunch ( great break time) Also overtime!

Cons

Short break

So so

It’s an ok place to work the work is just boring and repetitive and they expect you to work at a face pace with few mistakes. The warehouse is air conditioned though so better than most warehouses. They have a cafeteria the food is alright but they have packaged foods too. Oh and your phone can’t go back with you it has to go in a locker.

Pros

Decent pay

Cons

Repetitive Hovering Supervisors Expect you to work like a robot

Stay away

A lot of lazy people that don’t pull their weight work here. Management would rather turn a blind eye than say anything to anyone because they don’t want the confrontation. The people that work hard have to pick up the slack for all the lazy ones that walk around and do absolutely nothing. Very very unorganized we spend half the day looking for lost parts to keep the line running. It’s a good place if you are lazy and don’t want to do anything or if you want a lot of overtime but anyone with a little sense won’t stick around for long.

Pros

Cons

Work a lot of hours

Never again

Nope ! Nope! Nope ! Don’t do it to yourself! Training is rushed no advancement at all managers only care about themselves and they will hire a class for a month to answer calls and once it slows down fire the whole class

Pros

Pay

Cons

Everything else

Great Company

Easy work with good pay. The facility is very clean and organized. This was overall a great experience. I would definitely work for them again in the future.

Pros

Good pay, Good environment, Somewhat fun

Cons

Really honestly none

Always Something to do

If you want the hours, the work is there. Benefits are great. Theres always something new to learn. Some management is on point and others dont care. There's trainers that shouldn't be training and are reckless, always someone in a bad mood or trying get over on you. If you dont like idle, prejudice conversation stay away from the breakroom. Trying to be a team with the coworkers is impossible. You will be cleaning up after coworkers that are too lazy to properly do there job. Common sense here is not common, and no one is held accountable for there actions. The RF system is so old and outdated which insults my intelligence and I feel slightly dumber when I get off, because I can think faster than that computer can. Theres always forklifts in maintenance and no mechanics around because there riding around on a golf cart, which leaves forklift operators with no lift to work. If you can look past the bullsh*t it's actually a great job, just dont let the character and integrity of the others affect the person you are.

Pros

Good pay, Good benefits, Many hours

Cons

Lack of teamwork, people with integrity have to always clean up others lack of responsibility

Teamwork and management support

DHL Global Forwarding was the first 3PL I worked for and I was there for ten years before I left to see if there could actually be greener grass at another forwarder. Over the next several years I worked for two other freight forwarding companies and learned absolutely that the grass at DGF is as green as it gets! Nowhere else did I find the positive culture of teamwork and management support that is so evident within DGF. I am very happy to be back where I feel that I belong and look forward to spending the years I have left before retirement supporting current and creating new happy DHL DGF customers.

Pros

Support

Cons

Healthcare insurance could be better

Great opportunities if you are willing to accept new positions

If you are willing to move to take offered opportunities, this can be a great company. If you want to stay in only one location, your ability to grow with them will be limited.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at DHL. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

6.7K

Comparably
Diversity Score
Top 25%
In the Top 25% of similar size companies
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at DHL.
Powered byComparably

Compare DHL with

• DHL
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?