DaDa
62Average

DaDa Employee Reviews

United States118 reviews
I worked her for a short while and enjoyed the whole process.
A typical day at work would be relaxed and friendly. I do not mean not being prepared, but having staff conversing around the coffee. I find having students taken away withoutexplation.
Pros
Relaxed atmosphere
Cons
Lack of benefits
Great work experience
Great job for remote work. Set schedule to receive clients. Flexible schedule. Great students and 30 minute lessons. My work is enjoyable and fun. Awesome experience to get to work from home.
Scam artists- An unethical company to work for!
When I started with Dada a few years ago, I had a pleasant experience however since Covid-19 Dada has taken advantage of it's teachers,
-reduced salaries mid- contract without consent.

- Can't apply for leave with-ought incurring huge penalties.(more than you make per day)

- Can only apply for leave If you have an apple phone as there is no app available in play store as stated.

- You are lucky if you are paid, never mind If they always pay you less than what you have worked.

- Always find reasons for deductions

- Communication is very poor and you get automated responses not actually answering anything you have asked.

- I have informed the company several times that there is no application for leave app, have applied to teacher leave , within the required period and still get charged.

Its become a joke of a company and they are now scam artists and completely unethical.

- Regardless of your students or how much money you make them, make no mistake, YOU WILL BE DISPOSABLE.
Extremely poor service and false advertising
I was offered a position but then could not login with relevant info. After contacting dada through different mediums i received absolutely no response from them as to why. Very disappointing. Stay away!!
Horrible Company Now
I was with dada for a long time, the beginning was good. Now it is horrible, heavy fines for being sick or tech problems, hardly any bookings.
They change the contract so much that you end up making less and less money.

They have increased the students course prices but decreased teachers salaries.

The staff are like robots, you just get a copy and paste response when you email them.

They never pay on time anymore.

Lots of teachers are leaving and lots of students are not joining because they have outpriced them selves in the market. There are far better companies.

Dada sucks
Share your experience
Let job seekers know what it's like to work at your company.
COVID 19 - Complete Scam Company Now
Constant Pay Cuts and won't honor contracts - Overhire to drive down the costs of great teachers - Do not pay referral fees as these expire - Fire loads of people for ambiguous claims - Contract has now changed a 2nd time where teachers are losing hundreds of dollars each month - Late payments each month - Got rid of all real bonuses - Clients pay a hefty amount for each class but Dada is now taking advantage of COVID19 desperation to cut corners even more - Incompetent TAs and customer service - No basic working skills or problem solving abilities. Beware - if you apply - the ship will continue to sink and they treat EVERYONE horribly despite your status as a teacher or how popular you are So fed up with this company
You are disposable at DaDa
I’ve worked for DaDa since 2018 and have had a generally positive experience, late last year they began offering new contracts that eliminated stand by pay with substantially lower base pays but with an additional “bonus scheme” (emphasis on scheme). I did not accept and put it off as long as possible, they forced the contract change on me starting about a week ago (about a $1 less base pay plus an absolutely ridiculous “stability factor” which just amounts as an excuse to pay only NINTY FIVE PERCENT of my salary as a punishment for not having a certain amount of “stable” students). Today they are rolling about yet ANOTHER contract change, now cutting the base another two dollars, making less than I had when I started in 2018. So that makes TWO salary cuts in ONE week, barely any notice, nothing to do but just quit— and in times when it has been hardest for everyone. They don’t care, only in it for the money and can and will pay you the absolutely bottom price possible. Don’t let them. They’re going to drag the whole industry down if people start accepting such ludicrously low salaries. I assume they are failing and hope they do.
Very good for part time employment
The vast majority of the students at DaDaABC are very interested in their lessons and eager to learn.

The company is good at scheduling students and trying to work with the employee on keeping their time full.

Their compensation isn't great, but they do manage to pay on time most months.

The software used has gotten better over the past year and there are far fewer issues than before.
Making Less Money Now Than When I First Started
The good part of this job is the kids; they can be great.

I have been working for this company since July 2019. I was making about $8.44 per class (half hour), but then a new pay rip-off policy was put into place, and now I make $7.04 per class (half hour). I also noticed that I can check my schedule and not have a class for a particular time, then when I get on my computer for a scheduled class, it will show that I missed a class that was not previously on my schedule. When this happens, DaDa applies a fine of $18.00. When you try to address this with them, they act like they don't speak "F'n" English. They will also change your schedule times. Again, when you try to let them know that you need your times changed back, they act like they don't speak "F'n" English. I am looking for something else because I really don't like the games they play with the money ($18.00 fines for trickery ghost classes).
This is my true estimate of DaDaABC
Overall, my experience was very good. The one aspect I would want to have is more interaction between teachers and management. The students and parents involvement is very good.
Horrible interview experience
So I got a interview with this company, I did it got the mock class and thought for the first time online I did fairly well. But when my webcam came on the woman gave a weird look before starting. Then I felt rushed through the interview and at the end there was no feedback just goodbye and leave.
Pros
Cons
Horrible communications
Not so sure anymore..
I have been with the company for over a year and things have been pretty good most of the time, but unfortunately a few months ago they stopped paying on time. I am currently still waiting for my salary from last year. If you are relying on money - this company is not recommend...if you do this job for fun and not need money...go for it.
A Good Company
I really appreciate my job at DaDaABC. I can work from home and the pay scale is adequate. They make every effort to streamline our ability to manage our schedule while providing a positive learning environment. The curriculum is varied and some is very good but some is questionable as to its effectiveness. There ought to be incentives and rewards for training. As it is, we do online training on our own time in addition to writing daily assessments and periodic evaluations.
It is a great way to learn about other cultures around the world.
Teaching for DadaABC has been an amazing experience. The students encourage me every day with their willingness and happiness to learn. Overall, it has been a terrific experience.
Love the job
Love teaching the children, they are so conscientious, hard working and just wonderful to be around. I feel privileged to teach them.
The Dada processes and organisational rules and way of working is complicated and it takes time to understand. Also for England there is a limited number of hours due to time differences, therefore limiting your income.
Constant pay changes without notice
My pay has changed so many times that I can't keep count. Two years employed with this company and I'm making less now than when I started. This newest pay scheme makes me lose $8 per day! This company doesn't give you any options. Accept the pay they offer or quit. I will have to work MORE than 40 hours to make the SAME that I was previously!
Online teaching on a day yo day basis
On a typical day at work , I am sitting for 2 to 3 hours meeting with students 1 on 1. I usually see about five students per day. Each student is working on separate skills. If there are any issues there is technical help at the click of a button. The hardest part of the job is getting up early and trying to get a student to participate in class. Most students are willing learners though. The most enjoyable part of the job is getting to know my students and watching them learn.
Good for part-time work
DADA was a really wonderful and caring organization. I learned a lot from my students. Unfortunately I had to leave because the pay wasn't enough for me to live in Brussels.
Great hours, awesome students
hours were easy, students were great, staff was quick to respond to any issue, only negative is that they not only didn't pay you for days missed (which is forecasted) but they even took money out of your pay for this
DADA is loyal to their teachers.
DADA is the first online teaching company to hire me. They are loyal to the teachers that are loyal to them. I mean that they won't just get rid of you if you make a couple of mistakes here and there. They work with you and are very communicative. They respond to their teachers respectfully and quickly. Are they a perfect company? I would say no company is perfect. Yet they pay me my worth, the interview was easy and they hired me the next day.
Pros
good pay, nice kids
Cons
no healthcare, they don't take out taxes
flexible and portable
You get to teach from your home and choose your hours, management is fast to respond to any questions/schedule changes, and you get to learn about other cultures while teaching.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
if a student doesn't show - you don't get any payment
Ask a question about working or interviewing at DaDa. Our community is ready to answer.