DaDa Employee Reviews

Students are fun, but pay does not compensate
English Teacher (ESL) (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 17, 2018
Dada ABC is not a bad job if you are not a certified teacher. However, if you have a lot of teaching experience and want to teach online, there are many other companies that compensate more for your time. They advertise that they will pay anywhere from $15-$26/hour. I have my masters degree in education as well as 9 years of teaching experience and they started me off at $18/hour.

I agreed because you do not have to do the lesson prep. However, you do have to write a 150-word review after every single class. This will then be reviewed and take up to 5 days for them to review. If you do not have 150 words to say you have to make things up just to hit the word count. This will take at least 10 minutes per class. If you are like me and teach 6 classes, it can take up to another hour just to write your reviews. I do not mind reviews, however, there are other companies who require a student review that takes 2 minutes. You are also required to assign homework and review that homework. Even if you feel the student does not need homework it must be assigned.

They also have assessment days. On these days you have to do a test, which is fine. However, sometimes it takes students 10 minutes to do the test. And you have to teach the other 20 without any materials or being allowed to use any of the pens, or virtual classroom material.

I also think the classroom material is horrible. They did not put any effort into making their classes engaging. And expect you to create extra material for their horrible classes.

Like I said if you are just graduating from college and need
  more... a part-time job, or do not have teaching experience and want this to be a good first step. I think it is a fine job. But if you are a teacher. Do not waste your time. I would teach with I Tutor Group, Magic Ears or Viva Ling.  less
Great pay
Online tutor (Current Employee) –  onlineJuly 10, 2018
DaDa offered me a great chance to teach English to Chinese students, focusing on students who already have advanced knowledge of English vocabulary and grammar, and focus on bringing up their reading and speaking ability to near native level. I love this job, but the high volume of young students has become to exhausting for me to continue to teach. It is difficult to cover course material with children ages 3 and 4 that refuse to speak. I was hoping that I would get older students ages 8-14 but it seems that I have only been given very young students. This can be very taxing.
In addition, since our coordinators were taken away, it seems like our communication became worse, obviously the management should be improved as soon as possible. Although I respect the company and it’s professionalism, and the staff has been helpful.
Pros
Great pay and full schedule
Cons
Break time between class should be longer. Most kids are too young to learn
Easy and comfortable
English Teacher (Current Employee) –  IowaJuly 10, 2018
Loving the job so far. The job is easy, I don't need to make my own lesson plans. Outside of contracted hours, I can choose my own additional hours on a weekly basis.
The only con by far is communication.Talking to someone at the company became even harder since the removal of coordinators.
Pros
Lots of bonuses and incentives available.
Cons
No fulltime opportunity here.
Online Eel teacher (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 6, 2018
This is a part time teaching assignment. It is very agreeable with wonderful students. The lessons are preloaded. You have no control over the lessons chosen, which is a bit of a problem sometimes. There is NO CHANCE of full time hours at this job. The most you will work is 3-4 hours a day. There are other weekend hours available but very hard to schedule. You are on contracted hours, so getting time off is cumbersome and difficult. However, the students are best part of this job! They are eager learners and very hardworking. Some of them have terrific personalities making the lesson fun!
Pros
decent pay, online, great students
Cons
part time only, contracted hours, no paid time off at all
Bread winning mama
Part time teacher (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORJuly 4, 2018
I started teaching with Dadaabc last fall after signing up with another big company but not receiving any actual classes. I now have almost 20 students that I meet with every week, lovely children (for the most part xD). The beauty is I get to work early in the morning and am done with the work day in time to send my kids off to school. I get two weeks off per contract period, and am allowed to miss up to two days of classes per month. They are strict on attendance, but I didn't sign up with the intention of skipping classes, I wanted to actually teach! I was having trouble receiving bookings with the previous company and read that teachers with Dadaabc had better luck receiving long-term bookings, so I made the switch.
I still get paid half my hourly rate if a student doesn't book my class, which is better than a poke in the eye.
Early hours were rough to begin with, but I feel such accomplishment knowing I've already won big bacon before most people get to their offices!
Pros
Working in pjs (bottoms at least), lovely kids for the most part
Cons
Customer service is often hard to reach
Definitely would not recommend
Language Instructor (Former Employee) –  OregonJune 29, 2018
After working with DaDa for 6 months, I had to give up. The scheduling of classes was irregular - some days I had students but many I did not (and if you don't teach, you don't get paid).
The platform had frequent glitches and IT was slow to respond to requests for help.
The coordinators (customer service) never responded to requests or if they did it was many days later.
The kids were great but the management of this company leaves much to be desired. There are much better companies to work for out there.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
No benefits
Amazing Company
Teacher (Current Employee) –  North HollywoodMay 22, 2018
Since I worked with DaDa my experience have been great.
Kids are amazing.
I'm a morning person, the early hours don't bother me at all.
Instead of getting to know different students, I have regular students to meet every week.
There are penalties for absence, but they try not to give deductions,
They have all kinds of bonuses as well.
Pros
Decent pay
Lack of support and respect
Online teacher (Former Employee) –  OnlineApril 5, 2018
After doing 4+ hours of training plus watching required videos, I asked if this would be paid for, I received this response.. "No 😂". Unprofessional and a waste of time. No constructive feedback on how the trial went besides..."not bad but not good". Really poor
DaDaABC isn't bad; the hours are rough
ESL Teacher (Current Employee) –  TexasMarch 26, 2018
This company is rapidly growing and not bad to work for. The platform is well-supported and has some really good lessons. The hours are rough, but it allows one in the USA to also work a full time job in addition to morning hours.
Pros
It's fun to meet Chinese students
Cons
hours are a bear
Fun Teaching Experience - dream job with very few bad points
English TEFL Teacher (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 20, 2018
Love working for DadaABC - the kids are amazing and all the educational materials are provided you just have to present and teach in a fun interactive manner.

The only gripe is no sick pay or holiday and you get pay penalties if you take too much time off, no matter the reason.

The management is good and it's easy to book extra hours in addition to the contract.

Overall good, rewarding employment, all from the comfort of your own home in the hours you choose. Dream job, non location dependent - everything to love

Want to know more about DaDa?

Ask a question
Amazing at home opportunity
ESL Teacher (Current Employee) –  Stevens Point, WIFebruary 25, 2018
Teaching with DaDa, is very rewarding as you get to create one-on-one relationships with students and see growth immediately. Plus you get to work from home.
Pros
working from home
Cons
the early hours
Great Opportunity to Work From HOME!!
Teacher (Current Employee) –  RemoteDecember 29, 2017
The hours are a tad difficult, living in the US as the children are in China. I teach on the weekends from 9-11pm and then 6-9am. Not the best, but completely do-able. The best part -- I can do it in my PJs from the comfort of my own home, and it still leaves me all day to do whatever I want.

The pay is good, the support is great, and the kids are amazing! I have 4 year olds that are just learning, up to fluent-speaking 12/13 year olds. DaDaABC gives you regular students, plus the option to teach extra trial and interest lessons whenever you want, so it's never a problem to be busy and earn whatever you want to. Other companies make you earn your own regulars or compete against other teachers for classes. Not this company -- the kids are essentially handed to you on a silver platter.

They're sticklers about showing up to work when you're supposed to -- so don't take time off unless you have to. But really -- you're working part-time and these kids are counting on you and paying you to be there, so is that really so much to ask? And they offer incentives for showing up to work when you're supposed to, as well. How many jobs reward you just for showing up when you're scheduled to be there??

It's been a great opportunity for me and I truly enjoy it. I'm in the process of renewing my contract right now -- ready for round 2!
Pros
Good pay, work from home, fun, flexible schedule
Cons
late nights / early morning hours
Excellent Company
Contracted ESL Teacher (Current Employee) –  North CarolinaAugust 15, 2017
Flexible hours that you can choose within peak hours
Great company values
The company is very supportive
Pay is decent
IT is willing to help with tech issues
Pros
Flexible and work from home
Cons
The hours may be a challenge for some
Fun job! I get learn too!
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Work at HomeJune 8, 2017
I love teaching English to Chinese students! The students are so open to learning and having fun. The classes go by quickly and I enjoy it so much! I would recommend it to anyone.