DaVita Medical Group Employee Reviews

worse job ive ever had, stress in a clicky enviroment, terrible training..only Expectations clearly defined
Referral Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Parrish, FLJanuary 19, 2019
I have worked with DAVITA /HCP for 25 years, transferred from California to Davita Parrish Florida as Referral Care Coordinator..worse job I have ever had..the system and procedures they use are ridiculous and forget about expressing concerns or offering ways to improve workflow..Management will only express their views of what their "Expectations" are (their word, not mine) ..I quit a few days ago after 6 weeks working there and after meeting with the Parrish Administrator and her manager the same day..believe me, this job is terrible..I was hoping to retire with this company in a few years but chose to quit instead, it's that bad. The training is very poor...if you accept the Referrals Care Coordinator position in Parrish FL, remember, I warned you!
Pros
Cons
no lunch or breaks due to expectatins with job demand, stressful atmosphere..
Professional yet still able to have fun at this job
National Certified Medical A (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJanuary 18, 2019
Start by rooming patients, assisting the provider I work with with sterile injections, schedule follow appointments, get prior authorizations, answer tasks. My job is enjoyable because we always have fun while at work. We dress up for holidays ext..
Stressful work environment with excessive turnover
Care Coordinator/Medical Receptionist/HMR Clerk (Former Employee) –  New Port Richey, FLJanuary 10, 2019
In the past 5 years, I worked with 3 different Administrators and most of the staff has turned over at least 2 x in some cases 3 x. Administration is unsupported and untrained in back office procedures. It is a very stressful work environment with no room for advancement unless you are willing to relocate.
Understaffed and underpaid
Specialty Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJanuary 4, 2019
As a scheduler I dealt with people rotating in and out of the position. At one point three people were doing the work of seven. There is no formal training and the starting salary is only $13/hour.
Stressful, fearful, can't recommend.
Desktop Support Technician (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, CODecember 24, 2018
The company I worked for prior to its purchase by DMG was busy yet tight-knit. I had the pleasure of working for some great people, and I really felt like a team. However, for all of DMG's emphasis on team and 'teammates' and 'all for one, one for all' things fell very flat very quickly.

Management was okay for the most part, except for some low to mid-level types who liked to stir the pot and create internal power struggles; politics made it difficult to determine direction and provide service to our market. Lack of IT staff or knowledge meant a small team had to figure out how to 'wing it'; great opportunities to learn, but everyone found themselves slipping through the cracks or repurposed to fit other needs. For a while I had a great boss and management structure who really fought for us; these things went away after DMG's sale to Optum about a year ago.

Responsibilities went very well beyond the role, training was almost nonexistent(except for some higher-level coworkers being a great source of information and empowerment to us 'boots on the ground', and pay was subpar at best. Raises were almost unheard of and competing positions offered far better pay. On call rotations were very frequent(up to every other week) and you could expect to receive calls any time. The work/life balance was not great, and there was an overall feeling that if you weren't available via email 24/7 you weren't trying hard enough. Advancing to more technical roles and/or management positions was nonexistent; outside hires were far more common than internal promotions. Interest in volunteering
  more... for more technical disciplines was welcomed locally but very much frowned upon at the corporate level. This is with a generally stellar reputation with the company and excellent performance reviews as well as manager recommendations to take on higher-level work.

The positives were the ability to learn quickly if you fell in with the right team, though overcoming the corporate 'hurdle' was very difficult. The camaraderie with the local desktop. help desk, network and sysads was the best part of the job, followed by providing help and support to a group of dedicated clinicians. Unfortunately the buyouts and restructuring have been as hard on the clinicians as it has been on the support staff; attitudes are for the most part stressful and fearful.

Current(as of 2018) local IT management is churlish, critical, and unpleasant; expect to be held to rigid, inflexible standards and deal with processes that are inefficient at best. The environment I left makes it very difficult to tread water, let alone succeed. If you take pride in your work and value being valued for your efforts, this is not a good environment for you. My new employer has offered a far less stressful environment while valuing my efforts and productivity. Knowing there are better employers out there makes it difficult at best to recommend DMG, at least for IT staff.
Pros
Good coworkers, upper management seems to care, decent PTO policies, decent benefits
Cons
Poor low to mid-level management, horrible pay, unreasonable expectations, toxic culture overall
A joke
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  FloridaDecember 19, 2018
Seems like somewhat of a cult. After you go through a ridiculous background check, employment check, drug tests (blood and urine), multiple vaccinations, then you get accepted into the “village”. The training is long and unnecessary. They have you traveling back and forth to and from different locations, which they don’t tell you you’ll have to do when they hire you. The manager at my location was the least helpful manager I’ve ever had.
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
Horrible benefits, false promises
DaVita
Regional Operations Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Federal Way, WADecember 17, 2018
Nice place to work. Typical corporate work place. I haven't come in contact with very many people that truly live the DaVita Way. Just like to fill holes with people that are will not people that are qualified.
Oblivious managers & employees
Patient Resource Representative (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CADecember 13, 2018
Incompetent and disrespectful managers/supervisors
Clueless and vindictive employees.
No compassion or empathy for their patients on dialysis.
ALL ABOUT THE NUMBERS
Pros
Cafeteria
Cons
lack of training, disrespectful management, favoritism among leadership
Fair
LEAD MEDICAL ASSITANT (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 26, 2018
There are many different regions within the company if they all could learn to be on the same page it would be wonderful, if they took the time to car.
Pros
Ability to move around
Cons
Not enough follow through on important complaints from teammembers
good company
MEDICAL ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  winte parkNovember 13, 2018
was a private company I was working for then was bought out by DaVita, a corporate company, it wasn't too bad as a transition, the company seemed great to work for
Decent company in general
Medical Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Brandon, FLNovember 11, 2018
environment tends to vary based on location/staff. Opportunities for growth only under the right circumstances for management; not a great deal of feed back unless you push.
Costa Mesa HealthCare Partners
Care Manager (Former Employee) –  Costa Mesa, CANovember 4, 2018
This review is for the Costa Mesa DaVita Medical Group/ Healthcare Partners. If you are thinking of working here... DON'T!!! The case management department is run by fear instilled by the regional director. Exempt staff are told to avoid breaks and lunches, staff are not allowed to write on a notebook or waste paper through printing. This is micromanagement at its WORST!! Staff turn-over is very high. Please consider working elsewhere.. staff that are still there is because they haven't been able to find anything else... but most of them are trying to get out or go on a medical leave.
Pros
Cons
micromanagement, bully, power tripping leaders
Best employer that focuses on their people and has fun, but strict
Director (Former Employee) –  Denver, COOctober 31, 2018
The interview process is extensive, but in a good way - they look for the absolute best. The most amazing culture & leadership I've experience, and a lot of fun, but they are strict in their expectations (especially your fit socially with the culture). If you don't "fit in", you'll struggle there.
Pros
Very fun atmosphere, incredible leadership, take care of their people
Cons
Social clicks
Review
Patient Account Representative (Current Employee) –  Malvern, PAOctober 25, 2018
I enjoyed working at DaVita. Management was always helping the team advance their skills and really took an interest in us as people. honesly, I woud never have left if I was still in Pennsylvania.

The people are warm and friendly, yet they still are very dedicated to the job.

Great place to work.
Clique
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLOctober 21, 2018
Too much gossiping, egos, finger pointing, back stabbing, brown nosing, you name it. If you’re not “in the group” your concerns mean nothing. Company goes out of their way to protect unethical behavior of the suck ups. Hostile work environment. These reviews don’t change a thing. Davita does not care. Sad how the corporate world thinks they are somehow above everyone on a human scale.
Pros
Patients
Cons
Too many
not a very stable company
National Certified Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMOctober 15, 2018
a typical day at work i worked 7:45 am to 5 pm sometimes stayed later for patient care. I learned a lot of things their POC testing injections management sucked the work place culture was unethical the hardest part for the job was being treated unfairly the most enjoyable part of the job was the patients that i got to help and be apart of their treatment to help them feel better
Its not what it seems
Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLOctober 11, 2018
At first it seems like a great place to work
then it goes down hill the raises are pennies they encourage you to set a goal to grow but when you apply for a promotional position your told they chose another candidate with more qualifications only to find out it's a relative or friend...turns out there really no room for growth
Cons
Enjoy my job just want to do more and learn more
Care Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NM 87102October 10, 2018
DaVita is a great place to work. But want to have more learning process. Great team work need help someone is willing to help and educate. A lot of team building
Pros
Free parking and great team mates
Cons
Lack of advancement opportunities
Productive, Fast Paced and Fun
Administrator (Current Employee) –  FloridaOctober 9, 2018
Provides guidance to teammates/clinical providers in assigned center and carries out all policies and procedures. Ensure customer service standards are met. Work closely with Clinical Providers, Regional Managers, Center Administrators and Medical Directors. Communicate to team daily morning huddles, fill in on vacancies, if needed. Collect, delegate and submit results/reports as requested. Give team high energy so that they are able to reciprocate that same energy to the patients. The most enjoyable part of the day is seeing a ill patient smile or making my team laugh.
Pros
Ample opportunities for growth
Cons
Juggling several duties when vacancies occur
Productive and fun place to work in
Projects Assistant Davita Medical Group (Current Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLOctober 8, 2018
a typical day at work is busy, appropriate support and resources to do the job, decent benefits with healthcare insurance, 401 k and stock participation.
Pros
full-time working benefits
Cons
no place for advancement

Ask a question about working or interviewing at DaVita Medical Group. Our community is ready to answer.