DaVita Medical Group Employee Reviews

This job is a joke!
Springs, CO - Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJuly 16, 2018
This company has been bought out twice in the past five years! That is crazy. The management at the Pikes Peak scheduling center is lazy and not helpful. Management was bad about spreading rumors to the staff!
the hardest part of the job
Social Work Intern (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NVJuly 13, 2018
The hardest part of the job was watching the patients who are challenged with a life limited illness come in for treatments; and then then decide they no longer wanted to continue receiving treatments.
productive busy day
Clinic Nurse Administrator (Former Employee) –  Valrico, FLJuly 8, 2018
start the day with the morning huddle and getting ready for patients coming in to visit the clinic. Tasks that are expected to be done are first on agenda followed by tasks not due until a later time.
No job security
Medical Receptionist II (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaJuly 6, 2018
This company has no job security they constantly lay people off that been there for 5,10 20 yrs and hire new people through there temp staff to make them permanent. Those previous employees putting in all those years of hard work and dedication for nothing. Only to be a waste of their time this company can care less.
Benefits
Cons
No job security
Fast Paced
Credentialing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLJuly 3, 2018
This is the kind of place where you hit the ground running. As a Managed Care Group that was recently purchased by UHC, there are many changes and lots of processes that are currently in flux. But the management does do its best to keep the entire company not only informed, but makes it a point to ask them to contribute opinions to the changes.

The workplace culture is based on the building of a Village. Every single teammate is important to the overall vision, no matter your position.
Pros
Village Mentality, Education Reimbursement, Benefits
Cons
Many Changes
Overall a positive experience
Clinical Project Nurse (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLJune 30, 2018
The company is open to new ideas but Nursing salaries are not competitive. Leadership is well respected. Overall a good stepping stone opportunity for a corporate nurse.
Pros
Open minded to new ideas
Cons
Salary not competitive
Un-professional , ran by favoritism
Administration (Current Employee) –  El Segundo, CAJune 29, 2018
The worst place to work , well known company and will sugar coat and promise you many things but there are many disfuncional things this company has. Management is ran on favoritism and will get their own friends in the company and give them the easy way out of eveything along with an excellent pay comparened to those who have been in the company for years. Some managers even demand 10 hour shifts 6 days a week MANDATORY which goes against Davita’s work life balance ethic . Managment will not motivate you and belittle you as an individual.
Pros
You can come into work at any time you please and leave as you please
Cons
Favoritism, unable to grow in the company, once you’re in a department you can’t transfer out
Overall
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Covina, CAJune 27, 2018
Depends on what department your in I’ve been in different facilities and they all work different some fast paced some not so fast. But one thing I can say is the pay isn’t so great. .15 cent raises ?? Especially with minimum wage going up ??? I have friends who make 13$ hr working retail and I’m making 15.50 in a really stressful environment, Davita wonders why it’s so hard to find employees or why they’re losing employees, honestly I don’t mind my job at all I love it but all this stress and what’s expected of me to be making 15.50 hr ? It’s not worth it, only reason I’ve stayed is because I love working with my team and Dr, but honestly I’m going to have to find new work soon because hourly pay isn’t paying the bills.
Pros
Friendly
Cons
Pay
love love love this company.
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fern Park, FLJune 25, 2018
This company pretty much opened my eyes on how to work under structure with still having the ability of manouvering the ways of doing things, the providers are willing to share their knowledge so you can improve your capacity and knowledge as an employee.
Pros
incentives, free lunches, travel compensations
Cons
strict schedule
I loved working for DaVita
Float Medical Assistant/ Patient care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJune 25, 2018
I loved working for Davita and would return to be apart of their company again. It felt like home . The supervisors and teammates are all fantastic! Work ethic is fantastic. I have no complaints about how the company is ran.
fun work place
Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  Wilkes County, GAJune 22, 2018
Really enjoy the fun environment working with patients and team mates.Fun activities with patients included.Patient education that's interesting and fun to learn and adhere to.
Pros
long working clinical hrs
Cons
short breaks
Productive and busy environment
Patient Scheduler Service Rep (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJune 12, 2018
It is an enjoyable place to work. the days go by quickly and I enjoy helping the patients. My co-workers help me go home with a smile. The hours are great Monday thru Friday 8AM to 5PM.
Fun
Registered Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJune 11, 2018
As of right now that is the only this that is exciting. You will have to do a lot of overtime and take on more than you should. Team kinda feels like it is non existent
Pros
hours
Cons
paid less
I do not agree with the all for one and one for all company quote.
Medical Assistant, care coordinator, etc. (Former Employee) –  Brandon, FLJune 11, 2018
I really loved my job but the manager and superior coworkers did not know how to value a great employee instead they run you off. I informed my at the time RMO of my concerns and was promised I'm vavauable to the company and they couldn't loose me. I waited for months and nothing changed. I put in job transfers to job related to my skills for over 1 year and no luck. I also reached out to the person over the Care Coordinator Pod explaining my need to transfer with no success. I spoke to my officer manager mulpitle times about my concerns and I was bushed off going home mostly every night stressed. I finally had enough because I see my health is declining working at my site so I put in my 2 weeks noticed. If only I would have been given another opportunity at a different DaVita location I will still be with the company today but a different location was needed and requested with no success.
Pros
Great drug reps.
Cons
Hardly no break, fast paste, short staffed
Great staff to work with!
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Monument, COMay 22, 2018
I loved working at Davita. It was seriously amazing. I wish the pay would have matched how much work and skill I put into the job. I literally worked my behind off without anything to look forward to.... I was just not getting one in general and no job promotions. Sucked but my manager was great and my coworkers were like family!
non productive and not patient oriented
Family Medicine Physician (Former Employee) –  New Port Richey, FLMay 19, 2018
very poor office management. very poor work/basic life association.very much waist of time daily with with unrelated administrative meetings .unsecure job and nonfriendly staff
Pros
very pleasant patients
Cons
too much administrative interference in clinical decission
Wasted years.
Registered Medical Assistant (RMA) (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COMay 17, 2018
My review for this company is simple, only if all else fails. I have moved nowhere in this company only pushed down, I am undervalued as an employee at this company. I speak but am never heard and I am sure to be ending my job term at this company very soon. It seems all employees are dropping like flies and anybody that was willing to help at one point is now gone or given up. I believe this company needs lots of big changes, but who am I but just a low employee. I have been used in many roles at this company but never compensated or acknowledged for my flexibility and ability to learn quickly.

Please disregard......
Great Place
Data Analyst (Current Employee) –  St Petersburg, FLApril 30, 2018
I enjoy working for the village of DaVita. Everybody is addressed as a teammate, not employee. Although, DaVita Medical Group has recently been bought out by UnitedHealth OptumCare.
Pros
Family enviroment
Cons
currently in transition to OptumCare (UHC)
Full of Gossip Among Management
Social Worker (Former Employee) –  ArizonaApril 29, 2018
This job does not put the patient's first and it is all focused on the dollar. 8+ hours a day 5 days a week. The PTO is a combination of sick/holiday and vacation. 6 hours a pay period starting out. HAVE to take holidays off using your PTO even if you would not normally work. If Christmas is on a Sunday you have to take Monday off using your PTO.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Salary job with long hours, not about patient care
Team based
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Erie, PAApril 24, 2018
Love it here and have been here many years. Team based, patient care is top priority, family important to management, will help with schooling, adoptuon,etc
Pros
Team
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at DaVita Medical Group. Our community is ready to answer.