DaVita
Happiness rating is 56 out of 100

DaVita Employee Reviews

You’re seeing reviews close to Ashburn, VA based on your current location
Not your desired location?
Choose a different one
Great place to work. I can only speak on behalf of my experience in the Leesburg clinic. First, the people are great. Everyone I've worked with helps each other out whenever needed. Your goals are also clearly defined and understood. good 401K match.
Provides clinical staff with adequate training but compensation is low. Wish more money would be spent directly to clinical staff rather than travel to conferences, work parties, etc.
Pros
Frequent meals provided
Cons
Low compensation, stressful
They feel that someone who has been doing this for 9 years should only make maybe .70 more than someone who has been doing this for 3 years. As well as the average pay raise is only 2% per year no matter what other companies pay way more then they do.
Pros
More hours than you can work
Cons
Not enough pay for what they want you to do
I was ecstatic when I was first hired with little to no experience. The training program was amazing. But it all fell short from there. I was verbally short of called incompetent in front of a patient by my trainer. Mind you I was fresh out of training. F.A was great until you had an actual issue. Then real personalities came through. I even thought of relocating to another location based on a short 5 minute interaction with a F.A at a different location who was way more friendly and helpful. I lasted less than an year. Wasted all my hard work because of the toxic environment. But it left a bad impression on Dialysis jobs in a whole for me.
Pros
Training, Uniforms
Cons
Management, Flexibility, Team Environment
If you love people and are okay with long hours this is the place for you. It is faced paced and fun. All of the patients ive met so far are kind and funny and you can learn a lot from them like I have.
Your experience matters.
Help out others considering your employer. Rate your employer.
The Norbeck location has the WORST GM and Wheaton location has the WORST staff and regional manager. I honestly will never recommend anyone train or work in those locations.
Great place to work. Each employee is a valued member of the patient care team. Each teamate feels has important as the next. This company is very diverse. The managers are respectful and very knowledgeable.
Pros
Great pay, geeat work environment
Cons
Long work days.
Extremely long hours, disorganization, fast paced, poor management, the list goes on. This job is only good for obtaining a healthcare certification to use elsewhere.
Employees are easy to get along with, team work takes really good role on Davita. Communication is pretty much daily basis. Learning how to take care of my patients
Davita is an excellent company. It is a very productive company that provide patient-centered care. Davita cares for their employees with the same intensity with which they care for our patients.
A typical day at work can vary, from being busy or some days can be very calm. I've learned how to manage my time, plan for the day, draw medications, patient interaction. The workplace is very diverse, which i really love. I love being able to see the patients three times a week, i enjoy having conversations with all of them. They have become like family! The hardest part of my job is when, we are short of staff. it makes the day harder for us tech's because we have to stay longer, and take on extra patients. We are only assigned 3 patients each shift. Overall, i really enjoy working at DaVita.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Pay
2 strikes and you are out, don't really protect their staff. More on patient and reimbursements private insurance ( Profit driven), Backstabbers coming from Nurses and other staff (politics)
Pros
If you are a hardworker can work more than 40-60hrs a week
Cons
Wake up before 0400 and leave around 2130
Seriously provides good and safe patient care. TeammTes are regularly educated and practices with the newest up to date supplies and equipment. Having fun is a core value.
Pros
Fun
Cons
Long hours, sometimes.
Great company with patient care and satisfied teammates is an important goal. Keeps up with state and federal regulations. Believes in a pleasant workplace physically. Works hard to provide a friendly and safe place for pts also.
Pros
Fun
Cons
Serious hard work.
12-15 hours shift. Three times a week of work. A fun workplace different people you work with. It’s easy to relocate if uou are moving or transferring to different state..
take vital sing ,monitor pts during tx and after tx make appoit for tx set machines , serve med for tx send pts to acces center if they need it , dischard or call trasportation
Pros
close to my house and learn a lot good benefit
Cons
short of staff sometimes
If you want to get into Dialysis, Davita is willing to properly train newcomers when many just want people that have experience already. Their raises are extremely low, so use it as a entrance to get in the field.
Pros
training
Cons
raises
The typical day starts early in the morning and ends late in the evening. No day is the same. I have learned to keep a work and home life balance is VERY important. This was the hardest part of my job, not having much time for family. Co-workers are hard working and dedicated. Work environment was very diverse. The most enjoyable aspect of the job was the daily interaction with employee's.
Typical day at work consist of 8 - 15 hours shift. You learn different patient care and duties. All co-workers help each other so it's a friendly environment. Hardest part of the job is getting used to the patient vs. tech ratio witch is 4 - 1. Overall Davita is a great company!
Pros
Job security.
Cons
Long hour shifts.
Nice place to work, I enjoy what I do, fun to work with my teammates, managers and my patients. I can be free to look for better and more efficient ways to work and innovate day in, day out
Pros
A lot of good teammates
Cons
See my patient some times tosick
A typical day would include checking emails and phone messages, completing reports in timely fashion, answering phone calls, assist the Facility Administrator with what is asked, complete chart audits and filing, trouble shoot patient issues, arrange patient travel arrangements, complete payroll and correct time clock issues, responsible for patient intake, enter and update new/existing patient information, take inventory, place inventory orders, receive inventory and ensure organized stock room, clean artificial kidneys in a sterile environment, properly document and complete logs sheets in Reuse Room. My Facility Administrator was wonderful to work with. She had 3 clinics to run, which prohibited her from being present at my location on a daily basis. With that, I was able to oversea entire clinic with the ability to troubleshoot. While I enjoy multi-tasking, I found that going from office work to clinical work on a daily basis was the hardest part of the job. There were many enjoyable aspects of the job, which include: Positive team moral/team building, continuous education, fun and laughter with staff and patients, maintaining rapport with patients, families, physicians and hospital employees, staying busy, having multiple responsibilities, great team work throughout the region, and fun activities throughout the year. I helped open two brand new facilities and enjoyed the knowledge learned, as well as the hard work that is needed to open a dialysis facility. I enjoyed learning all aspects of the company. The more you know, the better you are at your job.
Pros
trips, parties, bonuses, fun atmosphere
Cons
payrate
  1. Employee Reviews