DaVita Employee Reviews

Nurses at davita are treated with very little respect. All clinics in My area are under staffed and working on conditions that jeopardize your lic.are
Chronic nurse I (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJanuary 20, 2018
Davita has continually scheduled me with bare bone staffing. Conditions are unsafe for patients. Any issue that I bring to light is ignored. I have worked at several locations thinking I could find stability, but never did.
Also, I know of several times that they have given a new role or responsibility to a nurse with the promise of a bonus or pay raise and Never followed through, even with the teammate asking repeatedly.
Their are some quality RNs employees at Davita and I have bonded with them through some of these trials. Upper management seems to have there head in the clouds and refuse to correct issues. They have promoted professional idiots to these high authority positions who have ZERO clinical experience, which spells disaster.
Difficult to move up from this position
Patient Referral Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WAJanuary 20, 2018
I don’t recommend this job for anyone hoping for career advancement. They aren’t looking to promote someone who works hard. It’s more about your networking skills and how many things you are involved in. You are evaluated monthly by how many outstanding authorizations you have. The goal is a 97% auth rate. I have watched people get promoted who were in the 70-80% range. If you are involved in a lot of different things then they don’t care about what your auth rate is. If you express your concerns to leadership it reflects poorly on you. They are allowed to mandate overtime so be prepared for that. Davita is very big on fun and often times the activities that take place keep you from getting your work done. The starting Pay is 14.75 and you get a 25 cent raise after you get out of training. You get a yearly evaluation with an opportunity for another raise. It’s only a few cents so don’t get too excited. As one of their top performers I can honestly tell you that you don’t get paid enough to do this job. I strongly recommend that you try to find something else first and reach out to Davita as a last resort.
Pros
Potlucks, medical benefits, 401k
Cons
Management, difficult career advancement, mandatory OT
Clinical Manager (Former Employee) –  Glendale, CAJanuary 19, 2018
Very 1st management position after many years of acute dialysis services. The best staff I've ever had in 30 years - manager at the time was nice but weak on patient care issues - Still it was my favorite management position where I learned the most and made the most mistakes.
Micromanagement Admissions Expert DaVita
Admissions Specialist (Current Employee) –  Centennial, COJanuary 18, 2018
high stress, high expectations, lots of fixing other people's screw ups, pointless meetings, feeling under appreciated and overworked

Management struggles to have the time and resources to provide necessary disciplinary action and proactive training for employees that need it, nor do they care about teammates lack of "service excellence, accountability, and integrity"- all of which are claimed to be core values at DaVita
the teammates that are doing their job well and properly only get raises at the end of the year (assuming your annual performance review is good), or if they threaten to leave. Meanwhile employees that fail to meet expectations make the same base pay hourly.
Oh! and because it costs so much to train new employees you're pretty much guaranteed job security even if you're late all the time, fail to meet expectations, etc.
Pros
good company parties, sometimes free food, free coffee, good benefits, solid hours
Cons
politics, favoritism, high stress, poor management, lots of micromanagement
Boring
Social Worker, LMSW (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXJanuary 18, 2018
As a social worker I felt as If I was not really given the opportunity to apply for skills. I felt more like an insurance agent for the clients. Davita seeks profit not quality.
temp
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Vernon Hills, ILJanuary 18, 2018
A fable and a lesson, but it is a thoroughly enjoyable one, delivered with masterful performances and a great sense of storytelling tradition....false hope
why i like the company
CCHT (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, NCJanuary 18, 2018
Great enviroment, nice staff to work with, you learn to care for all your patients like family and you wants to make them comfortable as possible really liked it while i was there
Home Program Mananger (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 17, 2018
Core Values relevant to my life. Training opportunity great I learned management skills, leadership skills and became an expert in my field. Flexibility with limited supervision which allow me to be a self starter.
Pros
Training
Cons
Internal Advancement
DaVita
Regional Office Coordinator/Admin Asst (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJanuary 17, 2018
Great culture/company to work for. Extremely bad management in the Bay City Lights Division of DaVita. Treated poorly and unfairly. Management does not care about employees. Employees are stressed and overworked, and lose family and social time outside of DaVita.
Fun work environment
Acute Clinical Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 17, 2018
Opportunity to advance your nursing carrrer with tuition reimbursement
Children’s scholarship to college for employees children
Retirement options
Competitive salary’s
team and job environment was great and balanced
rather not say (Current Employee) –  Clearlake, CAJanuary 17, 2018
everything about Davita was excellent. its overall a phenomenal company to work for. unfortunately the F.A was horrible and created a fearful and hostile work environment. he did not provide proper training which led to it feeling like a sink or swim deal in the beginning. luckily the team was helpful. the hardest part of the job was keeping up with the workload of an understaffed environment the most enjoyable part of the job was the team and all of the wonderful patients that were there.
Pros
occasional lunch days
Cons
awful facility admin
can be a great place to work
Care Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLJanuary 17, 2018
i have a great boss but co worker can cause you to have bad day by there own negativity company truly cares about it employees and offer some good incentive
Love Davita
Center Manager (Current Employee) –  UplandJanuary 17, 2018
best job ever, would like to retire from here one day. Will continue to work here as long as I can, need extra cash to send kids to college. Need to maintain 2 jobs
Leadership
Manager of High Risk Care Management (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAJanuary 16, 2018
Davita needs to invest in better quality leaders to help organize, and maintain employees. Little interest in how employees may be feeling with dealing with difficult managers or directors. Benefits are okay, but not worth the stressful environment.
Pros
Okay benefits with PTO and sick time off.
Cons
Poor management and leadership. High turn over of employees
Fun place to work
Dialysis Technician (Current Employee) –  Rancho Cordova, CAJanuary 16, 2018
The best part about Davita is the teamwork. Also getting to know new people and patients that basically become your family. I love the companies core values.
Pros
Teamwork
Cons
Fast paste
Fun Place to work
Facility Administrator (Former Employee) –  Bryan, TXJanuary 16, 2018
Dialyzed patients three times per week. Special bonds with the patients and their family members, to sustain their life expectancy. Educated the patients regarding care to fistulas to diet, monitoring of blood pressure during dialysis
Pros
Patient Relationships
Cons
Flexible schedule
DaVita Home Department
Home Hemo Nurse Educator-Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAJanuary 16, 2018
Working for DaVita at home is a flexible job that is very heavy in the office and light on direct patient care. DaVita has very high standards and strict tactics for evaluating the clinics successfulness, which does not always reflect the care being provided.
Pros
flexible schedule, self-directed work
Cons
very numbers driven
CLINIC MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJanuary 16, 2018
Great company to work for! They really put their patients and teammates first. Living the motto "A Community First, Company Second".

Leaders truly care about their teammates. Many opportunities for education.
Davita is a good place to work at.
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Brighton, MIJanuary 16, 2018
We are a Dialysis facility. I take care of the patients, charting, filing, phones, reports. Taking care of the office, keeping it updated and safe. arrange appointments for the patients.
Pros
My patients
Cons
There passing
With the right leadership a great place to work!
Group Facility Administrator (Former Employee) –  OklahomaJanuary 16, 2018
DaVita is a good company that seems to be losing its way. Outcomes lead the industry however retention is a huge problem due to the lack of leadership engagement at multiple levels. Many leaders lack effective coach/mentor skills and despite all the training you can and will receive it seems like this is an area they actually did spare the expense. This creates burnout and retention issues at all levels because teammates don't feel appreciated.
Pros
Management level employees well compensated, Large company with opportunities to grow within
Cons
Lower level employee pay, management/leaderhip engagement, sometimes feels like a comporation that provides healthcare as opposed to a healthcare corporation

Ask a question about working or interviewing at DaVita. Our community is ready to answer.