DaVita Employee Reviews

Featured review
DaVita selected this as a representative review
floor nurse
Hemodialysis Registered Nurse, Dialysis Center (Current Employee) –  South Holland, ILJune 21, 2018
night floor nurses have more admissions and days can be longer due to having a 4th shift. DaVita team members tend to work together really well and have a good working relationship. Overall a positive environment in my experience
Patient Reservation (Former Employee) –  Malvern, PAJuly 18, 2018
Out of all my places of employment they have the best culture. They also provided the best working shifts and built a company atmosphere around family and fun.
Productive work place
Certified Dialysis Technician (Former Employee) –  Atlantic City, NJJuly 18, 2018
It was great working at Davita ,it was my firsr dialysis job in was granted a job as a intern in was also hired in the process of training it was a great opportunity for me
great first internship
Intern (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJuly 17, 2018
For being a first internship, I truly learned a lot at this organization. This internship provided me with the unique opportunity to develop experience in both the healthcare and business related fields.
long hours and a lot of overtime
Dialysis Nurse (Current Employee) –  Fairfield, CAJuly 16, 2018
if you like to work long hours and less days a week, it is the place to work for. you get to know patients and their significant others because you see them weekly.
Productive and fun work environment
Pharmacy Benefits Representative (Former Employee) –  Coppell, TXJuly 16, 2018
Working at DaVita was a great experience. The support and love was great amongst the workers. The management, could be better sometimes, however overall it was delayed with communication.
Pros
Free lunches, incentives
Cons
Not enough over time
Good company with big goals
Regional Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Tacoma, WAJuly 13, 2018
Meaningful work and really great team to work with. IT systems need more advancement in order to be world class and keep innovation moving forward. Overall the company tries to live by the core values but in recent years they're starting to slip.
Pros
Development opportunites
Cons
Less opportunities for leadership advancement in recent years
Enjoyed working with the patients
Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 11, 2018
I enjoyed my work and the patients, there is very minimal growth opportunity in the current market. The was the main reason I decided to pursue other employment outside of the company.
Very fast paced
Hemo Dialysis Technition (Current Employee) –  Harrison, OHJuly 11, 2018
DaVita is a good company to work for. It is very fast paced your number one concern is always patient care. You have to understand RO water you have to understand the machine you will be working with you have to be able to spot any and all problems that your patient's may be having and be able to control the situation at hand and ask for help when needed. You need to maintain verbal contact with your charge Nurse so the patients do receive the best care.
Pros
Your time off is PTO so you can accumlate your hours.
Cons
Your work hours are based on the amount of patients per day
long hours on your feet/ unrewarding experience
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Parma Heights, OHJuly 10, 2018
The hours were 15/16 hour days, rude and disrespectful patients, no support from management. Co workers were okay to work with, but not the rumor spreading ones.
Pros
3 day work week
Cons
long hard hours
Loved knowing i was helping patients
Patient Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WAJuly 10, 2018
Loved I was helping people with getting there dialysis paid for. We had fun days at work where the floor would get together and play games. I got to do a lot of community service work

Want to know more about DaVita?

Ask a question
Challenging at times, team spirit and patient centered.
Supervisor/Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Midwest City, OKJuly 10, 2018
Fast paced for a few hours, followed by a slower pace. Patients are very involved in their treatment and care plan. Training is great. Staff work together as a team.
Pros
Pay.
Cons
Early morning hours.
Unethical expectations
Renal Social Worker (Former Employee) –  Sun City, AZJuly 9, 2018
Company culture is all about making money at any rate, even breaking the law and being unethical to patients. Lack of adequate staffing to care for patients at the end of the day. making insane requests of staff to ensure the quotes for the FA to get her bonus.
Pros
co workers and patients
Cons
Upper management clear to CEO are greedy and currupt
great place to work
Certified Dialysis Technician (Former Employee) –  Bridgeport, CTJuly 9, 2018
A typical day starts at 3 am setting up machines, testing the water system, before patients arrive to the center. The ratio is 4:1 with two Rn and Lpn. Everybody there works as a team even management. The hardest thing about the job is loosing your patients, because they become your family.DaVita has a great mission statement and I LOVE the patients whom we serve daily. Dialysis is a tough job, but it I very rewarding! Each day brings a new challenge but also each day bring a sense of pride knowing that a persons life was spared on more day because they were able to receive treatment.Depending on how big the facility is, the work environment can be fast paced
Davita
Safety Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 9, 2018
Davita started out as a great place to work but the management titles were passed around to much. People who shouldn't have been managers were put in positions they could not handle. Which made work-life complicated.
It’s ok
PHARMACY TECHNICIAN II (Current Employee) –  Coppell, TXJuly 8, 2018
The job is great but not a good long term job. Nice coworkers and pretty good company activities. Management could be better. Overall an ok place to work
Stressful and money driven company.
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  WisconsinJuly 8, 2018
All the promises in the ads do not match up to reality. Constantly understaffed, they say the ratios at 4:1 for PCT and 12:1 for nurses. A LOT of the time is anywhere from 8-13 for PCT and 24 for nurse. They also took away any bonuses. I would work 5-6 days a week and only have 36 hrs I had to use PTO every week to meet 40hrs to pay my bills. Staff are so short that we end up not charting on patients for over 2hrs. Upper management are always cutting hours whether or not the work is done, leaving it for the closing staff who is already managing a lot of patients. This causes a lot of stress and drama between co workers. DaVita says they care about their employees but they don't.
Pros
Going home at the end of the day
Cons
Poor insurance, unpredictable hours, bad management
If the new FAvwoukd leave it would be a good place to work again
Tech Support (Current Employee) –  League City, TXJuly 7, 2018
Poor direct management ruins everything. Seems Davita doesn’t hire experienced managers or train them in coaching and counseling. It’s better to have no FA then one that creates a hostile environment and has little to no experience.
Pros
The patients
Cons
Horrible direct management
DaVita
Facility Administrator (Current Employee) –  North Little Rock, ARJuly 6, 2018
Enjoy my job. I started as a dietitian, them promoted to Facility administrator. I enjoy the work and it is challenging. I am struggling with work life balance and would like a change.
Pros
Great CUlture
Cons
Work life balance
Short staffed
Unit Charge Nurse (Current Employee) –  DeKalb, ILJuly 6, 2018
Your hours depends on how many patients you have . Full- time is 30hrs. If you want 40 hours you have to go to another clinic. We are always short staffed.
Pros
Clinic is only open Monday Wednesday Friday . Weekend off.
Cons
Have to give a 24 hour notice to be sick. If not a doctors note is required .
Great company but little pay
Teammate (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJuly 6, 2018
The culture is great but they do not pay well across all departments. Sometimes the culture can be a little too much but overall I enjoyed my time there!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at DaVita. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

Powered by Fairygodboss

3.5Fairygodboss Score

83%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

100%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.