DaVita Employee Reviews

Found 3,215 reviews matching the search See all 3,235 reviews
Good place
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Tuba City, AZMarch 25, 2019
I enjoyed working with patients and a learning experience and on the job training, a lot of computer training and group interaction, and client interaction helping them improve their health and well being
Pros
Lunch
Cons
After hour work
Lack of staff retention or encouragement
Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GA 30343March 25, 2019
Davita is willing to employ workers (Nurses), but overwork their staff. No motivation or encouragement for employees. Heavy work overload for employees, .
Pros
Really are free lunch or other incentive given out
Cons
Because of lack of staff to cover, full break time is difficult to obtain
Fun but stressful work environment
Clinical Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMarch 24, 2019
Job with fun work culture, but unpredictable work hours resulting in lack of work life balance and frustration. Compensation is above average but working as a specialized dialysis nurse often results in rapid burnout of the job.
Pros
Great benefits & compensation
Cons
Hours, expectations from management.
Dont waste your time
PCT (Patient Care Technician) (Former Employee) –  Sun City, AZMarch 24, 2019
DaVita Started off as a good clinic at first then it seemed they started to worry more about hours and less about the patients and started to cut hours witch made it severely unsafe for the patients and staff.The pay dose not compensate for all the work you have to due.The clinical coordinator was very rude and disrespectful to the patients and the facility administrator did nothing about it. My motto is treating people the way you want to be treated and that’s not how it was done.I will not refer anyone to work there and I will not tell any new patients to go there either.I hope they will revamp there ethics and make it for the patients again.
Pros
Some staff members where great to work with
Cons
Pay, long hours, no team work, rude and disrespectful management
Rn
RN (Former Employee) –  GeorgiaMarch 23, 2019
Im in excruciating pain in my back as i write this review. I was forced to work beyond my physical capacity for over 14 hours. As a charge nurse i overworked myself to have all work done and provide a safe place within the company policy for our teammates and patients. Im going to have surgery due my injury. I despise the company and the ROD the put those orders in. God is good and you will pay for my pain and suffering. No. Im not sueing Davita.
Pros
The friends that i made while there
Cons
Long unsafe environment
fun workplace
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNMarch 23, 2019
Not a fun place to work. The company cares more about the budget, and outcomes, than the patients and staff. They make the teammates feel like we are replaceable and unappreciated.
Not worth it!
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Milton, FLMarch 22, 2019
I don’t get paid what I’m worth, and even if I was, the workload is crazy. I run around like a chicken with its head cut off for about 11-12 hours a day, literally nonstop. 30 minute lunch break. Just insane. How are teammates expected to give quality care to patients when they aren’t even given the chance to properly care for themselves, let alone their own family?!
Pros
Pto, health, vision, and dental insurance, 401k
Cons
Expensive health care coverage, long, grueling hours, low pay rate
The company does not offer competitve salaries
Payroll Coordinator, Lead (Current Employee) –  Federal Way, WAMarch 22, 2019
The company has a great concept of how it should work. The money takes with management at the top. Salaries are not competitive and they fight really hared to unions out.
Pros
Team building
Cons
Salary
Great People, Long Hours
Biomed Tech I (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 22, 2019
You work long hours at DaVita. People are nice but untrustworthy. Be prepared to have harsh work conditions. Expected to perform tasks other than your assigned work duties.
Acquisition Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Berwyn, PAMarch 20, 2019
Learned a lot work In at Davita
It actually shaped my career....i wouldn't trade it for anything
It was a great experience and I'll akways speak highly of The company
Fun and productive place to work
Certified Dialysis Technician (Current Employee) –  Sandy Springs, GAMarch 19, 2019
It's a great company to work for, like the incentives, and benefits , and my coworkers that I work with now , acutes are good , but a lil different from chronic , but I like the fun that we have as a group of great workers
Pros
Raises, and fun
Not the best Workplace
Interim Manager (Former Employee) –  Harford Rd Balt. Md./March 19, 2019
Davita was a company that overworked and underpaid you. If you worked for Davita you needed to know you may not get the overtime pay you worked. Many a times the pay cards were not read properly and many hours overtime worked were not paid out.
Pros
Caring for patients
Cons
Overworked underpaid
Great place to Work
Clinical Coordinator/ Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMarch 19, 2019
Davita is a great place to work. very patient and teammate focused. Davita provides constant education and job advancement for teammates. The managers are all very helpful.
Very stressful !
Patient Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAMarch 18, 2019
DaVita is a stressful place to work. The Monthly Close process of reconciling charges is extremely stressful. However, I learned a lot while I worked there, and for that I am grateful . I worked with a lot of nice people. They always had the best Christmas parties.
Pros
Great Christmas Parties
Cons
Very stressful
Toxic
Facility Administrator (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 18, 2019
management pitted each clinic against each other vs numbers yet never understood the reasons why certain numbers might occur in each area. Then they would try and talk the TEAM angle but we always knew who was the favorite, yet the rest of the team never got support to raise our numbers. Horrible toxic place to work.
Pros
bonus opportunities, pay grade. great patients
Cons
lack of understanding by upper management of the struggles in clinic, hyperfocused on number rather than patients
Appreciate working for a company that serves patients
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Derry, NHMarch 18, 2019
This was a good place to work but it was only a part-time position. However, it did offer full-time benefits. I enjoyed working with staff and patients. My trainer was very impatient and unprofessional in her training methods.
Pros
Assisting Dialysis Patient Management
Cons
Trainer, Needed full-time hours. No room for advancement
Great culture, low compensation and growth opportunities
Sr. Marketing Manager (Current Employee) –  Denver, COMarch 17, 2019
The team environment and culture are the best parts of DaVita. Everyone is hard-working, driven and truly want to help each other as much as we help our patients. The culture is one of the best I've ever encountered.

However, compensation is low with very small annual raises, and there is little opportunity for growth.
Felt like being in an abusive relationship
Group Facility Administrator (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 17, 2019
Senior leadership is awful. This company DOES NOT care about patients, only money. They have unrealistic expectations for the resources provided, and only provide adequate support when your facility gets a visit from a State Surveyor. If you file a complaint or grievance, expect retaliation. If you have concerns, it’s best you keep them to yourself if you want to keep your job. All senior leadership look the same (good ole boys), and they do not promote from within unless you look like them. Very high turnover. By far the worst company I have ever worked for.
I wouldn't recommend
Licensed Master Social Worker (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARMarch 17, 2019
Davita in Arkansas was probably the worst job I ever had. I was there for 2 and a half years before I finally decided to quit. The turnover was high within management and techs. I had 6 supervisors during my time there. High stressed environment. Aside from the PA's the MSW has the highest degree; therefore the MSW is expected to know and do everything. DaVita's managment will make a promise and not follow up for example: What is promised in your interview (bonuses, flexibility, clinic location etc.) WILL NOT HAPPEN!! Everyone kept saying only the APEX/ Kraken region is bad and not all are the same.
Pros
High salary
Cons
Location, flexibility, management
Your experience all depends on the competence of the FA.
Social Worker (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 16, 2019
When poorly trained inexperienced dishonest administrators are hired it is dreadful for staff. If you are lucky those administrators leave and a good ones with experience with people skills are hired. Making it through poor management is life changing, and you will appreciate your good FAs even more.
Pros
The relationships with the patients. With a good FA it can be a great experience of teamwork.
Cons
The times terrible FAs are hired and given too much power

Ask a question about working or interviewing at DaVita. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

3.5Fairygodboss Score

89%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

100%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss