DaVita Employee Reviews

Found 3,032 reviews matching the search See all 3,046 reviews
Dont work here
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Coppell, TXNovember 17, 2018
If you like getting paid high school money this is the place for you, my manager would micromanage and pull my calls outside of the procedures because that was the quality teams job, this took place every other day she use to probe me to try and get me to quit
na
Float Nurse (Current Employee) –  Reno, NVNovember 17, 2018
DaVita is a great company to work for. They have great advancement opportunities. They have flexible scheduling for staff. They have a great staff education program. They offer continuing education credits.
Hard but worth it
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Asheville, NCNovember 16, 2018
The job is very hard and your time will be normally at work, long work hours, very high paced, worth it because of the patients and the family you develop working there.
Pros
Family atmosphere
Cons
Davita doesn't live up to what they say
Facility Administrator (Current Employee) –  Frederick, MDNovember 16, 2018
Pride themselves on promoting from within but that is not the case. They trust me to do the most important job (their words) in the company but they are unwilling to promote me.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
For Profit, they claim they are clinical first and profits 2nd. Not true!!!
Absolutely fun working with DaVita
Technician/Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PANovember 15, 2018
Helping another person LIVE gives me life as well as them. I loved every opportunity with DaVita. Just the times don’t match up with family needs and children.
Pros
Excellent benefits
Cons
Hours are horrible
Productive fun work place
PHARMACY TECHNICIAN (Current Employee) –  Coppell, TXNovember 15, 2018
We always had fun , food, and games.. A lot of engagement. Meetings came once a week for an overview of company standings. The hardest part of the job was having adequate help for our work load. The enjoyable part was my teammates.
Core value of fun always important
Social Worker/ Patient Relations Liasion (Former Employee) –  Greenwood, SCNovember 14, 2018
A typical day at Davita was very task centered, yet fun. The work place culture of course is to care for patience in the most excellent way possible. The most enjoyable part of the job was making sure every patient was served with the up most respect.
DaVita provides a safe environment for me to complete clinical studies.
Clinical student for PCT (Patient Care Technician) (Former Employee) –  Coral Springs, FLNovember 14, 2018
This facility focuses mainly on their patients health. Everyone there truly cares about eahother. They always use proper use of equipment to emsure the safety of ever patient
Pros
Free lunches at times, potlucks
Growth oriented company
Sr. Project Analyst (Current Employee) –  Tacoma, WANovember 14, 2018
The company provides many opportunities to learn and grow your skillset. You can do that from training provided as well as shadowing various teams and teammates or through a mentor.
I really enjoy working for Davita
Medical Assisting Student Externship (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCNovember 13, 2018
My day at work was like learning every thing I need to know about the business . Treat the patient love and care and the manager direction and orders. the cu;ture at Davita was very pleasant and friendly. The hardest part of the job was seeing the patiernts on the machine because I could see how much pain they be in when lab tech was putting in the needle. The most enjoyable part of the job was talking to the patients and seeing a smile on the patients face.
Pros
Helping the patients
Cons
Putting the patients on the machine.
A lot of P.R. to keep people working, but no substance to back up the claims.
Patient Care Technician/Dialysis Technician (Former Employee) –  Boulder, CONovember 13, 2018
There is immense pressure to work extra hours and shifts and to travel long distances to cover clinics other than your home clinic. The "team" philosophy requires blind allegiance to a company that is just like other health care providers--extracting all they can out of employees and pressuring staff to carry workloads that compromise the quality of patient care. The DaVita culture and trainings around it are ridiculous...too much time and money spent trying to convince employees that it is a great company and a great place to work. If it were true, they would not have to keep telling employees; it would be obvious!
Pros
Educational Opportunities
Cons
Stress, demanding travel and long hours, poor compensation, compromising patient care for "efficiency"
Average company.
Dialysis Nurse (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLNovember 12, 2018
This is like every other company. It's the people you work with that make or break your particular place of employment. Otherwise average working conditions.n
Great place to work!
Claims Submission Specialist (Current Employee) –  Malvern, PANovember 11, 2018
The culture at Davita is second to none. The employees are all friendly and so very welcoming. They make you feel at home, regardless of how far away your actual home is.
Pros
Great starting pay, friendly employees
Cons
What once presented as a fun cultured place to work.. New FA has an attitude here we have to do this lets just 'ihurry' up & get it done
CHT, DT (Current Employee) –  OHIONovember 10, 2018
I have been through a lot w/ Davita. But after the bullying.. Standing up for the right things..taking backlash from unsafe& disgruntled teammates. New FA starts taking a part my hours I earned & has messed w/ 4 paychecks. NVR paid me my raise from months ago & cuts hours.. Teammates are working off the clock to get things done. I guess the lack of respect financially has taken its toll on me!!
Pros
They have a training program to learn dialysis
Cons
They cant police everyone.. Teammates can be cut throat..a tough place to work..no life balance..
DaVita was an amazing place to work
Accounts payable processor (Former Employee) –  Federal Way, WANovember 9, 2018
DaVita was truly an amazing place to work. They truly cared for their associates and took really good care of them. They were constantly thowing parties and events, doing potlucks etc. It was wonderful.
Ok Company
Application Support Analyst (Automation) (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZNovember 8, 2018
I worked for DaVita RX in a pharmacy. I was the Equipment technician. Nothing bad to say. I work with the pharmacist in a locked room. I learned a lot about PV1 and PV2 operations
Very stressful
Customer Service Represenative (Former Employee) –  Coppell, TXNovember 8, 2018
Call volume was extremely high, we were understaffed all around the pharmacy, random lay offs were constantly happening, they were extremely on employees about call grades but had an inconsistent grading system. overall awful work environment.
Horrible place to work
LPN (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PANovember 8, 2018
Management is horrible run. Worst place to work. Unclear roles, favoritism with management and employees they only believe you if you have seniority. Made multiple complaints nothing was ever resolved. No investigation done to resolve anything techs do all the work nurses just sit at the computer and do nothing when machines alarm. Horrible place to work would never recommend this place to anyone, run.
Cons
Poor management FavoritismNo proper training
entire company closing end of year
Certified Pharmacy Technician II (Former Employee) –  Coppell, TXNovember 7, 2018
Entire company closing end of year due to lawsuits filed & lost. Company says not the reason but all employees aware that was the case. Employees could tell changes were coming with the company, lack of meetings, incentives no longer being offered and too many rumors floating around that was never addressed.
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INNovember 7, 2018
Very disorganized. Management will cut hours without notice. Long hours with often no breaks. Lack of team work culture and hardly any work life balance

Ask a question about working or interviewing at DaVita. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at DaVita.

Powered by Comparably