DaVita Employee Reviews

productive and fun place to work
PCT (Patient Care Technician) (Former Employee) –  Bryan, TXSeptember 19, 2018
I enjoyed working there.It aws a great experience,loved the people that I worked with.My FA was great,she always looked out for her team.Great place to work!
IT leadership is not focused on providing Value Streams to Business
Director /Principal Architect (Former Employee) –  Denver, COSeptember 19, 2018
Misguided and a lack of understanding of technology impacts to business and Operational workflows. Always chasing the "silver bullet" without seeing the whole picture.
N/a
CCHT (Former Employee) –  Mishawaka, INSeptember 18, 2018
Davita an awesome company to work for fortune 500 company. Great prople to work with if you have the management that are positive and willing to create the best atmosphere and positive energy.
Davita is a fun place to work at. I've been here for almost 18 years
CLAIMS EXAMINER 2 (Current Employee) –  El Segundo, CASeptember 18, 2018
A typical day at work is processing at least 70 to 90 claims per day which includes senior and commercial claims.
Process Hospital claims and pay claims according to individual provider contracts and apply payments based on specific rate reference. Adjudicate claims using IDX / MACESS System accurately and within the specified turn around time. Well versed on DRG / APC / Dialysis Claim including drug conversion Worksheet and apply payment based on specific drug strength administered, Hospital Contracts, etc.
Process and resolve pended claims, identify problems and resolve issues such valid ICD 9, proper procedure codes, current fee schedules, correct contract application and other verifiable data such as Authorization Levels / No. of Visits allowed etc. / Benefit Usage, etc.
Implement latest changes and apply on-going revisions in healthcare contract guidelines.
VERIFY patient eligibility, coinsurance, copay and deductible amounts. Process high dollar claims, dialysis and Skilled Nursing Facility claims. Work on duplicate claim list. Update contracts files, memos and amendments.
Resolve medical claim issue by denying or paying claims based on documents presented by providers. .Respond to provider inquiries regarding claims processing. Updating patient files with medical records received.
Processing claims can be stresssful but, our management team is very supportive which makes it a lot easier for the claims examiners.
Pros
we get free food from time to time, potlucks etc
Cons
team buiding exercises
Productive and great culture
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Redding, CASeptember 18, 2018
Spend a lot of time helping patients with end stage renal disease. I learned so much about the disease state and the importance of medication management. DaVita teammates are very friendly.
Pros
Hire within
Cons
Have you use your PTO for holidays
Davita can be a stressful yet awarding job.
Reuse Technician (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLSeptember 18, 2018
Working in the dialysis field can be quite stressful, and sometimes the hours are long. But the feeling you get from helping people in need is welcome.
Raises are low 2% year
Renal Social Worker (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 17, 2018
Learned a lot about medical Social Work. Your building culture depends on the facility administrator & most buildings the morale was low. Hardest part: always adding more work with no increase in pay. Working with the patients was good they become like family.
Pros
Some flexibility in work hours
Cons
Not a good life work balance
Management sucked
Dialysis Technician/Preceptor (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 17, 2018
The manager that hired me was great but then they hired a new manager with no previous dialysis experience and she ran the value of the compsjy in the ground. She had no idea what she doing and made decisions off personal feelings.
Pros
Great company of you get with the right team that follows the Davita way
Cons
The staff had no medical background I was the only one left after my old team left.
Fun and excitement in work environment.
Dispensing Pharmacist (Current Employee) –  Coppell, TXSeptember 16, 2018
This is the best job I have worked so far. The company promote core values which perfectly fit my personality and expectation. The company values employees' voice and commit to help employees' professional growth and development, along with continuous improvement in work productivity and efficiency.
Chronic RN
Clinical coordinator RN (Current Employee) –  Tyrone paSeptember 13, 2018
Management is the same as anywhere else. I personally love dialysis so this is the best dialysis company i’ve Worked for. Fair hours. Better life work balance than acute dialysis.
Works nurses to death
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Orange City, FLSeptember 11, 2018
Poorly managed. In 4 years, never got sent to the hospital I was hired to work for.
Initially sent to 3 hospitals 35 miles from home. Occasionally 1 hospital 90 miles from home. Mandatory 4 day (12+ hours) work week for 1.5 Years. Very short-staffed but wouldn't hire more nurses. Frequent scheduling 3 days in a row.
Pros
Got along well with teamates -- also in similar situations.
Cons
14 To 16 hour days. Frequently on call 2 days in a row.
Okay to work there
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Mishawaka, INSeptember 11, 2018
Low pay a hour hard to get raises too much responsibility with no pay. You never see your boss shows up for a hour then gone for the day. A lot of favoritism in the workplace.
Pros
Nice people to work for
Cons
Cheap
Outpatient Nephrology Social Worker (Former Employee) –  Columbus GASeptember 11, 2018
As with any work place, DaVita has its challenges. But if you are committed to providing optimal care to patients with chronic illnesses, and love helping others, as I do, DaVita is a good place to work. As a social worker who loves making a difference in the lives of others, I consider myself a servant of the people. So focusing on patients' needs, I accept challenges, engage patients to work with me [and the staff] and collectively as a team, we get things done in the best interest of patients/families. My biggest challenge is establishing a working relationship with new patients and families. Once I've convinced patients that I was there to serve and help them meet their needs things started to fall in place. Yes DaVita, as any other healthcare agency has it challenges, especially trying to provide optimal care to patients when health benefits keeps decreasing, the cost of medicine increasing, and resources continues to get cut or discontinued. But somehow, the DaVita Team keeps providing good care, while I continue to educated, encourage, and motivate patients to take charge of their lives by focusing on their role in the health care process in order to achieve the highest level of quality of life possible. All I can say is that retirement was a very emotional decision for me, as I was missing the patients and the DaVita Team, including the doctors.
Pros
Good benefits, bonuses, free lunches
Cons
interrupted social work schedule, could use more social workers
Taking care of patients
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Quincy, FLSeptember 10, 2018
I enjoyed learning how to use a needle to put patients on the machine to cleanse there blood. I did not like how the turnover was done when patients came off.
Pros
meeting new people
Cons
doing the turnover
Dialysis Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VASeptember 10, 2018
A lot of complaining co-workers, in time I realized that it wasn't just talk. The core values are just something to say. C.Y.A. is the most important thing you can do for yourself at this company. Get the paycheck, experience and get out.
Truly liked this job
Hired in as Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Austin TX, 30-40 min from homeSeptember 10, 2018
The pay was good. The Benefits were good.We had a good strong team that communicated well and worked well together. The co-workers had good attitudes and were professional and happy to be there. It was a positive supportive and fun atmosphere.
Credit Balance Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WASeptember 7, 2018
The name Davita means "gives life". Each day in every employee capacity we strived to bring the best customer service both internal and external because all lives matter
Pros
Great working environment
Cons
No yearly cost of living increase.
rewarding
PCT (Patient Care Technician) (Current Employee) –  Belfair, WASeptember 7, 2018
IF you believe in the mission and values of this company, you will feel rewarded. The job itself as a Technician was rewarding; requires good boundaries- be personable but professional.
Great management training
FACILITY ADMINISTRATOR (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NESeptember 7, 2018
DaVita had one of the best management training programs!

Invested in their employees

Appreciated innovation

Collaborative environment

Fun was a core value
Pros
Management Training
Productive no ping pong
Licensed Social Worker (Current Employee) –  NYSeptember 7, 2018
It was a place to work with great promise and no results. Worked every day. interacted with pt and staff.

Ate expensive meals.

People with priviledge where given meals, trips and rental cars to travel.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at DaVita. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Diversity score

Powered by Comparably

55out of 100

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at DaVita.