DaVita

Found 5,787 reviews matching the searchSee all 5,836 reviews
dialysisteammatepatientclinicpctnursecorekidney

floor nurse

Featured review

DaVita selected this as a representative review
night floor nurses have more admissions and days can be longer due to having a 4th shift. DaVita team members tend to work together really well and have a good working relationship. Overall a positive environment in my experience

Not a bad company if you don’t expect to get anywhere in life

They give you a false hope of moving up in the company yet they already have their chosen people. They’ll tell you make too much money and hold you back from advancing. Use them for experience and move on. The leadership is not good, they pay is lower than you can get elsewhere. There are set hours of availability but are not required to be there at that time just available so you have the convenience of working the hours you want but like I said you’re married to the job.

Pros

PTO when you can use it, pet insurance, Sundays off

Cons

Crystal Huffmaster, you’re married to the job, get beaten down for things out of your control, bad leadership

DaVita insights

• Fair pay for job
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Overall satisfaction

Depends on Management

Great role and direct patient care. Sometimes you may care more about patient health than your FA and even nurses. Heavy workload but fulfilling if your willing to deal with the cons

Not worth it.

The good: The work is fulfilling, you’re literally keeping people alive. Some patients are friendly and appreciative, and you become like second family.The bad: Pay is far too low relative to the the responsibilities, risks, and workload. Warehouse and fast food jobs down the street pay more, yet management scratches their head wondering why no one is applying. Perpetual staffing shortages. Even when “fully staffed” you’re worked to the bone because they try to have as absolutely few people on the clock as possible. They operate like a factory and only care about getting patients on the machine as fast as possible, run their treatment, and out the door so the next patient can use the machine thanks to their corporate bean counters who sit in a comfortable chair all day at the corporate office. As a result the schedule is incredibly tight and does not leave enough time for cleaning procedures to be followed properly and in general cutting corners is inevitable. Shifts are typically 12-14 hours and you are on your feet every minute of it. Seriously, look elsewhere.

Not a good place to work.

The management of Davita is terrible. From the managers of each individual clinic all the way to the corporate office. They claim to care about employees, but that was not my experience at all. Favoritism amongst employees and at times we were required under not safe conditions. Too many patients and not enough workers. Would NOT recommend working for Davita as a tech or a social worker. Pay was competitive.

Productive and Challenging

I loved my job! Everyday was something new and different to learn & there was ALOT TO LEARN. Only thing is that management is all over the place, they tell you one thing and do another.

Good company to work for

Management is supportive and helps you move up if you express it. Great coworkers and patients are appreciative of the work that you do. Being a PD Nurse means you get to work autonomously in a clinical setting, so its great for work-life balance.

Pros

Great culture

Cons

Pay is below industry standard

Start to finish a poor experience.

Dialysis was the route I chose to start my career in health, Davita almost drove me away from healthcare altogether. If you care about your patients, they will take advantage of your good nature. The training, if you could call it that, was a horrible experience. Everyone is so overworked and underpaid that the culture has turned into one of just trying to "survive the day". This is company-wide, not just in the three clinics I worked in. Management will tell you "Everything is fine" because they are passing the buck down to the clinic teammates and are overworked as well. It's. A. Trap.

Pros

Sometimes you get pizza.

Cons

overworked, underpaid, treated with little respect, dishonest management

low pay too much work

Too much responsibility for low pay. Forced into overtime. no life balances. not worth the low pay for having people's lives in your hands..........

Experiences widely vary

Work is usually as smooth as the team and environment. Could improve in pay but benefits are decent. Hours could be variable from extremely early to later start depending on your shift; it's worth asking about when interviewing. Nocturnal is also available. Overall, you accept lower pay if that is not your current priority.

Pros

Good patients

Stress

No training always rushing and continued training on computer and got but the training don’t combine you work three days a week and starting at 4:30 AM or 5 AM and stay until 6 PM at night plus the maximum hours you can get is 34 and work and just 10 hours you’re only going to get 30 hours a week so if you get benefits that’s going to come out of the pocket so you’re not gonna be bringing home a healthy paycheck plus teamwork is out of the question there

Pros

Great benefits

Cons

3 days a week start time 4:30 am

Nonproductive need team participation

Need better management, high turnover, staff over worked need better communication skills . Staff need time for paper work like reading up on updates.

Hours are too long and pay is low

Pay is low pay is low pay is low works too many hours no work life balance burned out exhaustion low compensation no incentives or what so ever. Team mates are nice though.

The most stressful job!

The admissions management doesn’t care about you or the patients! They only care about the numbers! They will work you to death! They play favorites for sure. They promote growing with the company, however when you went to change roles or departments, they will treat you completely different and not support your advancement. If you are good at your job, they will add more work, continuously until you are drowning. The raises are barely anything! They will add more to your job title and expect you to keep the same pay. I would Never recommend this company to anyone for work.

I like the management and staff and really love my patients.

I am proud to be a Davita employee and would highly recommend working for this organization. Management is great. I am only per diem, however management treats me like I'm full-time.

Bad

Bad company doesn't care about patients just care about the money they make and getting off their clock. Supportive of school life. Not so much family life and events.

Great start into medical field

I didn’t have any medical experience beside behind the desk. My FA is the best. My colleagues are pretty cool. Only downfall is the a/c it can get hot sometimes at my location. Also they pay for you to get your rn license. If you need assistance with getting them.

Great team to work with.

I have worked for davita for almost ten years, overall they really care about their teammates and if you have a good manager it’s an amazing place to work.

Good enough job, poor pay and room for growth

The job is satisfactory, the company is not. Wage is not sufficient for the responsibility you have to take on as well as the certification you have to obtain and keep. You can go to Starbucks or target and get paid the same. Unless you are an RN there is no room for advancement. The raises are minimal at best.

Hostile work environment

Long hours with hostile work environment. Lots of turnover and special hires of family and friends. Expected to be available at all hours of day and night and weekends. Even vacations not honored. Worst job environment I’ve ever had to work in.

Pros

Cons

Hostile

Non competitive pay, short staffed

The pay is not competitive and it’s impossible to get a decent/fair wage. They are always hiring because they are always short staffed, retention is bad. It’s super early mornings and really long shifts.

Common questions about DaVita

Answered by current and former employees at DaVita

Ask a question about working or interviewing at DaVita. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.2 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Women's ratings

3.2Fairygodboss Score

80%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

80%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by  Fairygodboss